1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default little suggestion required.....

hi guys. i recently purchased a SP70 model 2010 to keep as a backup ride just b/c petrol prices are hiking, so decided to kept my CG125 2008 aside for good days (when petrol will get cheap). as i m use to ride 125 so normally i ride or accelerate poor 70cc SP70 same as i do with 125. however m trying to get my self controlled due to tiny 70cc engine. yesterday a mechenic (to whom i get bike tuned) adviced me to get the rear sprocket replaced with a shorter one. although he told me to keep the front one as it is i.e. stock. in result the bike will accelerate properly in first gear n will result some more improved top speed and will keep the engine as low RPMs.

ap logo ka kya kehna hai. shud i go with that little bit alter. the mechenic only adviced me to change the rear sprocket while keep everything at stock. kya is change se engine pe koi harmful effect paray ga ? plz share ur tech experiences with me. as the bike is still in genuine form. even bike head tak open nahi hua.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats not a wise decision.. If you are keeping SP-70 for fuel economy and i assume not for racing, then there's literally no purpose of changing the sprocket. Just keep it stock and adjust its carb to minimum to get maximum fuel mileage.. 70cc engine is to small to full the speed desires.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Predator1983 View Post
    hi guys. i recently purchased a SP70 model 2010 to keep as a backup ride just b/c petrol prices are hiking, so decided to kept my CG125 2008 aside for good days (when petrol will get cheap). as i m use to ride 125 so normally i ride or accelerate poor 70cc SP70 same as i do with 125. however m trying to get my self controlled due to tiny 70cc engine. yesterday a mechenic (to whom i get bike tuned) adviced me to get the rear sprocket replaced with a shorter one. although he told me to keep the front one as it is i.e. stock. in result the bike will accelerate properly in first gear n will result some more improved top speed and will keep the engine as low RPMs.

ap logo ka kya kehna hai. shud i go with that little bit alter. the mechenic only adviced me to change the rear sprocket while keep everything at stock. kya is change se engine pe koi harmful effect paray ga ? plz share ur tech experiences with me. as the bike is still in genuine form. even bike head tak open nahi hua.

u know pick and speed are opposite in a sense that if u want pick on ur 70 u will have to compromise on speed and vise versa ..

i would recomend u try out 13 tooth front sprocket .. do not change rear sprocket.. its the ratio of teh sprockets that matters . so changnig front is easy and front sprocket costs 50-80rs ..

the things works like this..
    if u u have 14tooth front and 41 tooth rear sprockets the ratio is 41/14 or 2.92 what this figure means is that for one complete rotation of rear sprocket (wheel) the front sprocket will rotate 2.92 times...
    if u want pick which is something like the ability to climb a steep slope then u increase the ratio which can be achieved by either increasing teh number of teeth on rear sprocket or reducing the teeth on front sprocket..

all in all i would suggest u to buy 13 and 15 tooth front sprocket and try each one for few days to know how it feels.. u will surely like one combo .. front sprockets cost 50-80 rs..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    u know pick and speed are opposite in a sense that if u want pick on ur 70 u will have to compromise on speed and vise versa ..

i would recomend u try out 13 tooth front sprocket .. do not change rear sprocket.. its the ratio of teh sprockets that matters . so changnig front is easy and front sprocket costs 50-80rs ..

the things works like this..
    if u u have 14tooth front and 41 tooth rear sprockets the ratio is 41/14 or 2.92 what this figure means is that for one complete rotation of rear sprocket (wheel) the front sprocket will rotate 2.92 times...
    if u want pick which is something like the ability to climb a steep slope then u increase the ratio which can be achieved by either increasing teh number of teeth on rear sprocket or reducing the teeth on front sprocket..

all in all i would suggest u to buy 13 and 15 tooth front sprocket and try each one for few days to know how it feels.. u will surely like one combo .. front sprockets cost 50-80 rs..
    Bhai jan aap ko to Pakwheels ka Bike ambassador hona chaiyae..Main nay to abi nai bike lee hai magar after observing these complicated issues i think people are better off with a mehran than a Bike (hehehehe)...It will take me years to understand this stuff

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asjdsm bro just changed the rear sprocket from 41 to 38 teeth one. now the bike's 3rd gear n 4th gear are like going going & going. the engine rpm are also reduced as i dont have to accelerate more n more to get more speed. on medium acceleration n getting satisfactory speed as per my need. thanks to u guys.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice to hear that..
    btw how much the rear sprocket cost .. ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    Bhai jan aap ko to Pakwheels ka Bike ambassador hona chaiyae..Main nay to abi nai bike lee hai magar after observing these complicated issues i think people are better off with a mehran than a Bike (hehehehe)...It will take me years to understand this stuff
    haha first thanks for appreciation..
    second i was at the same position as u .. but these mechanics and their ustads forced me to learn things and do on myself.. now i love it..
    ya it takes time to learn it..

8. 13-08-2013, 09:04 AM

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List