Ok guys heres the story. I am 30, been driving bikes since 16. Past record of bikes kept is 1996-2000(honda cd70), 2000-2003(used 1998 honda cg125), 2003-2008(brand new honda cg125 and new Pakhero 70-for younger bro), 2008-2012(brand new honda cd100 and honda cd 70 for younger bro),
So now you can imagine i dont have experience with chinese bikes except the pakhero. Experience wasnt good or wasnt bad in the case of Pakhero of 2003 as they were the early models and one of the first chinese bikes of its kind.
This september something different happened.
I was gonna buy a cg125 or a gs150 for myself and cd100 for my younger brother. So here we go went to the market bought a cg125 classic euro 2 for myself cos gs150 althogh was just 2 thousand more expensive but as i dont keep bikes for a long time and sell em after few years so decided to stick to cg125 cos i am pretty much aware of all its mechanical wear and tear and confident.
The mistake i did was i gave money to my younger brother for his bike and as we had dediced he was going with friends to buy his cd100 but something like this happened. bingo! lol. I came back home from office on my car, honked the horn at the door, the door opened and saw something like in photographs below parked in my garage. I was like what the ______"
Anyways. After getting out of the shock, I asked called my bro's name loudly and as he came i was looking at him if i was gonna kill him. I asked him what the _____ is this? well he told me he liked the looks and saved alot of money on it as it was just for 70,000/ anyways. I thought "not bad for the price". Khair i just thought ke jo hona hai so ho gya and just went for testing the bike.
Here is the first report:
"The stupid chinese motor in the bike altough brand new hand to be kicked few times to start (note: this model was without the self starter). Anyways its started and sounded like a honda delux, the body work, the parts have been copied same to same, the paint job is done nicely on tank but with some flaws on plastic panels. The first drive was pretty uncomfortable as the seat was like a phatta as we call in punjabi. overall the acceleration felt fine, altough the bike was in "running in" being new but i gave it a soft punch and tried like 70km/h. The bike wasnt smooth on rough terrain so the shocks aint so good. Anyways as per "jo hona tha ho gya policy" i came back home thinking ke khair hai price kay hisab mai sai hee hai...but the resale thingy was bothering me cos i knew ke being a chonda its gonna be tough to sell it someday"
"A week later brother came to me and asked me if i could allow him to use my cg cos since a year i am usually using my car rather than bike and then started complaining about his chonda sp125 deluxe that it creating problems like engine misfire and vibration above 60. Well i just kept quite and decided to lets experiment on chondas now and see if i can get something better out of it"
"Next morning was sunday. I gave keys of my cg for good to younger brother and took charge of chonda sp125 so called deluxe. So sunday morning i analysed some major flaws which had to be corrected before use.
1) The carbuerator quality is pathetic (which needs to be changed asap - i ll do that after 400km or even sooner)
2) The Plastic decorative parts dont have rubbed washers between body and them which would act as shock absorbers so they could stop giving lousy noise when on rough road
3) The rear shocks gave some wierd sound on rough road to so some lubrication shut em up
4) Few plastic covers on nuts were not needed cos they also gave crackling sound on rough terrain so i put double tape under em and then put em and back
5) The chain and sproket set used in the bike is of cheap quality so i am expecting loose chain every 500km. (that needs to be changed aswell but as soon as the one which came with it worns off)
6) The day i took over the bike, i drained the engine oil which came with it cos i checked it and it seemed that company has used some pathetic quality of that.
7) The seat is horribly hard and uncomfortable but i cant do anything about it so have to use that. Lets see if it softens after usage.
now here is the extras you are expected to pay buying this chonda even its zero meter
4500(carb honda genuine) + 200 (rubber washers and miscellenous things) + 2000 (top quality chain sprocket set) + 500 (Labour). = 7200 in Total
So here is how much the bike is gonna cost without the self starter if you are gonna expect some smooth drive (not as good as honda deluxe but as good as a good chonda)
So its 70000 (For the bike w/o self starter) + 7200(for making bike reasonable to use) + 3500 (registeration) + 250 (Engine Oil) = 80950
Appx: 81,000 (without the self starter)
So practically speaking i would say to make the bike comfortable and reliable we would be not say that the bike is for 70K we would have to say 80K+.
Yea! Another thing, buying this bike without the self starter is a wise decision cos, i believe that self starter would have had the same quality of of chonda (unreliable) and would have malfunctioned very soon. So for a 125cc engine i would say stick to the kick starter when its chonda. Ok now lets get to the pros and the things which i liked in it cos overall after the modifications done its not so bad...infacts its fine and satisfactory.
1) Overall gonna finally cost 81000, thats fine as long as i compare chonda deluxe with the original honda deluxe cost still a difference of about 40K. So that would be 50% extra cost.
2) The bike has an amazing sound as good as deluxe.
3) The drive is pretty smooth now. Currently i havent changed the carb but i am pretty good at setting the carbs myself cos i tune up bike at home not at workshop so "Filhaal kaam guzaray laik kiya hua hia" per the fly of the carb and overall housing of carb is of pretty cheap quality so there are RPM and race issues associated with it. Per abi kaam chal raha hai and the day nai chala and it give me missing or not a 1st kick or 2nd kick start. I am not gonna wait to kick in again. I am gonna throw this **** carb away and put a nice geniune honda one.
4) The overall look is pretty impressive for 80K
5) The meters on it like fuel gauge, rpm, dipper and all chonda common shushkas are nice to use. They have used reasonable quality when it comes to electronics.
6) The bike is higher as the honda deluxe so much easier to drive and the overall positioning of the rider is as good as honda cos its a 100% replica of deluxe
7) The broad rear tyre gives a nice look and grip on the road. The quality of tyres used is same brand as honda so shukr hai kuch tau waqai honda wala hai.
8) The fuel average i am getting with a chonda pathetic carb is 40, so i am pretty sure i ll get 45+ on a honda carb. So overal no friction in suspensions and no problem with new engine.
So conclusion is:
1) No where near honda. The chonda is just a chonda. Like a Apple Iphone vs a china iphone. You cant ever compare them. cos you cant compare 80K with 120K cos if someone does that i would say thats not justice.
2) As long as the price is concerned and bike available in Pakistan. Its value for money if you are a little mechanic at home and you change all the things as i suggested. cos after spending 10K more on a new 70K bike....the deal wasnt bad infact not bad atll for the drive and the looks and even now the relaibility.
3) If the bike is used softly and carefully and single handed by just one person. I am sure it would be fine and smooth and as good as it is right now.
4) You cant expect that you just drive out of the showroom stress free unless you do slight modifications to it before using it daily on roads of Pakistan.
5) I would say its worth the money if u are ready to take the pain of modifications and understanding the fact that this is super power not a honda, and you have paid for a sp125 not for a cg deluxe. If you have 80K and you are not looking for resale, you are ready to take the pain of driving from a showroom to a workshop and changing these things on a brand new bike to make it realiable and value for money. Then go for this Super Power Sp 125 Deluxe.
(I ll keep updating on day to day issues of this bike if i face any, and keep posting even if i dont face any. Lol.) The cg125 classic euro2 is being used by my younger bro now which originally was mine and still is by the way. lol. I would say i can never compare super power with the new cg classic even. So if anyone of you is gonna preffer super power over a honda cg125 classic euro 2. DONT DO THAT.
Only buy a sp125 deluxe if you are on strict budget of upto 80K cos if you got 20K for the classic cg euro2 i wont recommend a sp125 delux. But if you are ready to do the mods and have a budget of just 70-80K surely i would recommend going for this bike.
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad