Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riding GS-150 as a hobby creating problems! Need Help!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Riding GS-150 as a hobby creating problems! Need Help!

Dear All,
    I ride a bike as a hobby and that happens once a month or so. I have a GS150 which was not used for very long period(s) of time (Total of 5500Km in 5 years) This caused dry fuel (i guess its called gum) accumulation inside the carburator. There was reduced pickup and sometimes erratic acceleration and not to mention the fuel consumption. I ended up changing the carburator al together.

Now as i have spent the money on the carburator i want to be certain that the same doesnt happen again. I am still not sure about what should i do every time that i know i wont be using the bike for weeks/ month.

Secondly as the carburator has been changed do i need to change that little transparent filter under the fuel tank as well ? because i fear the filter and even the fuel tank would have fuel residue inside it. which either can be cleaned or avoided so that it doesnt travel to the carburator.

I can try the following but need the consent from those who know better.

1. Keep the fuel in the tank full at maximum level so that it has little air space to evapurate and make that gumm.

2. Every time i shut down the bike, i close the fuel, let the bike idling until it shuts down so that fuel line is emty.

3. I open the drain below and empty the carburator bowl. I shake the bike both ways so to ensure that even any fuel on the edges is drained. I am hoping that this would remove all fuel from the carburator and thus no more chance of gumming inside the carburator at least. I dont want to waste this new carburator as well.

Thanks and looking to hear from you guys.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is a liquid called fuel stabiliser for this purpose but its very hard to find in Pakistan.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    There is a liquid called fuel stabiliser for this purpose but its very hard to find in Pakistan.
    Xulfiqar bhai, what if we switch off the patrol supply fron the fuel tank and just start a bike to burn the fuel of carb ?
    can we save carb in this way ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the float bowl still has fuel in it even after crossing the main jet level, it will only accelerate the process. There is a drain screw on the carburettor for this purpose. Use that.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List