Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Bypassing Lahore on Bike

Hi everybody...
    Is it possible to bypass Lahore if someone is on bike ....
    One can take Ring Road(LRR) as soon as he exit the ravi bridge but then it ends up meeting with Motorway M2 segment at Babu Sabu, now if you want to go straight to Multan Road then you have to continue on the Motorway but bikes are not allowed on Motorway, right??? So only option left is take left at Babu Sabu and continue on the Bund Road and then take right at Chowk Yatimkhana and get back on Multan Road...
    Tell me if i am missing something???

PS: posted same thread in Road trip section but didn't have much luck there, so my fellowbikers from Lahore plz help me out...

Similar Threads:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are right. Unfortunately our traffic officials treat bikers unfairly not allowing them on motorways unlike the rest of the world.
    You can take shortcut from Bund road to Sabzazar and Bijli ghar to Multan road.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

great....
    bypasses on almost all big cities along GT Road, but no proper bypass for a city where it is needed the most....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually bikes are allowed on M2, but bikes must be complaint with M2 requirements,

1 - First it must be at least 500cc in normal routine days and on 23March, 14 august it is lowered to atleat 400cc category, this is a mandatory rule, becuase below thiss bikes are not very high speed and are humble machine to work only in city limits.

You can easy get hit from rear by a speeding 120kmh corrolla or any car, if on even CG 125, because it canot go any more then 105kmh and that is only for a bunch of a minutes then you have to slow down or the engine will sieaze.

2 - Riding on M2 requires special License from M2 authorities Office : KalaShaKaku interchange for free, its an experience apart riding on M2 I have used M2 frequently when I had GS500e, which is now Rulfat darling bike, one must try riding M2 specially if there are two rider on two rides... wow.

3 - Special gear and riding kit is mandatory and listed in your license , and must be weared before hitting in M2,

4 - no fees or toll is required for bike to ride on M2.

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    Hi everybody...
    Is it possible to bypass Lahore if someone is on bike ....
    One can take Ring Road(LRR) as soon as he exit the ravi bridge but then it ends up meeting with Motorway M2 segment at Babu Sabu, now if you want to go straight to Multan Road then you have to continue on the Motorway but bikes are not allowed on Motorway, right??? So only option left is take left at Babu Sabu and continue on the Bund Road and then take right at Chowk Yatimkhana and get back on Multan Road...
    Tell me if i am missing something???

PS: posted same thread in Road trip section but didn't have much luck there, so my fellowbikers from Lahore plz help me out...
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

vicky bro i understand that our tinny bikes are not suitable for Motorway, but what annoys me is that why they had to put M2 segment in continuity with ring road.... If they had made Ring Road all the way to the Multan Road then it would be easier to bypass Lahore on bike, but now one have to get into the hectic traffic of Lahore to get to the other side

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmm you have point.

I think they would have thought that long tour vehicles are big buses or cars, or heavy bikes in rare cases so motor way works for them, but yes it really stings to get out of ring road and jump into hectic traffic again while going to multan road.

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    vicky bro i understand that our tinny bikes are not suitable for Motorway, but what annoys me is that why they had to put M2 segment in continuity with ring road.... If they had made Ring Road all the way to the Multan Road then it would be easier to bypass Lahore on bike, but now one have to get into the hectic traffic of Lahore to get to the other side
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List