Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile Kindly Share your bike's GPS speed

Hi everybody,
    For long time, i had the doubt that bikes 100cc and below usually show much higher than actual speed on the meter.
    So today i decided to check my Junoon's meter with my HTC GPS speedometer and i was ready to see about 10Km/h error at high speed but result was much more shocking.
    I took the bike to 90Km/h and my pillion friend holding my mobile reported that i am going at 76Km/h only i was shocked to hell, so i told him to hold on and then raved the ***** out of bike , was able to do 110Km/h (on a slight slopy road) but my friend reported again that i am actually going at only 90Km/h according to mobile GPS.

Severely disappointed to know the inaccuracy of my bike's meter and also to know that usually when it is maxing out at 90Km/h, it is actually doing only 76Km/h.
    So
    Bike meter 90Km/h= 76Km/h actual speed
    Bike meter 110Km/h= 90Km/h acutal speed

So if anyone of you has ever checked your bike's meter with GPS , kindly share it here so that everybody can get the idea of which bike is actually doing the real speed instead of just showing it on the meter.....
    Kindly do speed tests in controlled environment only (preferably on some empty road outside the populated areas), and please must wear the helmet at least before you unleash your rides.

PS: I have matched my mobile's GPS speedometer with Car's meter and it shows exactly same speed as on the car's meter so no doubt about its acccuracy. By the way my bike has Alson's speedometer which i think is considered more accurate.
    Below is the screenshot from mobile showing maximum achieved speed aka 90Km/h. App name is "Ulysse Speedometer"
    Tip to take screenshot in Android: Press and hold down power button, and then press the home button, screenshot will be saved to your camera shots folder.

Disclaimer: Speed thrills but kills. Please do not abide speed limit

Pakwheels is not responsible for any loss/damage to any one.
    Pakwheels strictly suggests all the drivers/bikers to drive/ride within speed limit and avoid over speeding.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by N0m1 View Post
    After getting free from morning works I ulled my Yammy YB!
    Was ready to see 100 ka 85 I mean to say 15kmh difference with GPS.

Started synchronizing SPEEDO with GPS at local roads.The DIFFERENCE was of just 7KMH!!!
    Then reached at main road.By HEAD SETTING i was able to do 115KMH at SPEEDO & 108KMH at GPS.

Then i smelled smoke from head.THe PLUG was so Loose that it was leaking smoke. Also TYRES had less air in them.
    FIXED these two things.Came again with new spirit Pakistani MUNDA u know.

Pulled bike to its limits.This time I was able to do 120KMH.
    Stopped road side seen it was 114KMH at GPS.
    Today it wasn't gone at its full potential.Coz I had clocked 125kmh in race with CG.It means on GPS 118kmh.But whatever its due to different conditions for speed.

Wow! Impressive ....

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and Nom1 what happened to 70cc I thought you will test it too ? your Yamaha really rock tum tu usdin fone per bata rahay thay that your are very disappointed by its performance... Yara ye performance nahi tu or kya hai .. Greaat ..!!
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CG125 Euro2

Today got a chance to test a friend's CG125 Euro2
    Initially i was on flat road, and result was Bike Meter 100Km/h, GPS noted 93Km/h
    then came the slope and bike clocked 112Km/h on meter, while GPS showed 105Km/h

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nomi you nailed it bro .MASHALLAH . Takecare of beby n pls no more texting that you are disappointed.
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    Today got a chance to test a friend's CG125 Euro2
    Initially i was on flat road, and result was Bike Meter 100Km/h, GPS noted 93Km/h
    then came the slope and bike clocked 112Km/h on meter, while GPS showed 105Km/h
    That is also what HONDA company says that there bike cannot go beyond 105 in stock condition, may be you should try a downhill, or in wind direction or some thing....

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    nomi you nailed it bro .MASHALLAH . Takecare of beby n pls no more texting that you are disappointed.

yea... I was shocked when he told me that he invested good money but not happy with performance, but it turns out to be paid off finally
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Vicky bhai,Thanks.Phle bike ki needle boht pichy kr di thi or bike main koi prob b tha.Bike garam ho k hi sahi performance deti hy.ALHMDULILLAH am happy from start.bas us din disappoint hua tha par tab bhi 95 jati thi with tripling at slow meter.

@ha125,Thanks yar ur cg is also a killer at speed.Cz u wz telling ur cg showed 115kmh at GPS.

@Gull bhai,"Spirit"yeh chiz. Yes my yb's meter is slower than many bikes speedometers.Yes i already played with needle of speedo nahin to 135kmh chla jaye. But i hate Show Shaw.Like BoiZ say"mene full meter mara hy"

About CD70 speed at GPS here we go brothers.CD70's alsons speedometer is hell accurate.ACL 1 is fast a bit at reading.Till 0 to 70kmh its ALSONS spedo is head to head with GPS :O Hardly 2 to 3KMH difference.
    Then we pulled it hard.Actually i hate its time to go on even 70kmh with pillion.
    It topped 75kmh at speed.It shoed 71KMH at GPS.
    PICS below.
    I Am the Feel
    I Am The Yamaha!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    That is also what HONDA company says that there bike cannot go beyond 105 in stock condition, may be you should try a downhill, or in wind direction or some thing....
    It was downhill with favourable wind direction when it touched 105(GPS), otherwise it was topping at 93Km/h.

About CD70 speed at GPS here we go brothers.CD70's alsons speedometer is hell accurate.ACL 1 is fast a bit at reading.Till 0 to 70kmh its ALSONS spedo is head to head with GPS :O Hardly 2 to 3KMH difference.
    Then we pulled it hard.Actually i hate its time to go on even 70kmh with pillion.
    It topped 75kmh at speed.It shoed 71KMH at GPS.
    Hmmm, so 71Km/h for CD70 which model is it??

and about your YB, which model is it?? is it stock or altered? and that speed was on flat road or with a bit of help???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wow guys, good speeds there ... @gull_s_777 bro .. imo u should include all the posted results with bike category in ur first post so it would be easier for users to check and compare the top speeds of different makes ... also mention if they tested on flat or downhill surface
    Rise from the ashes,.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    wow guys, good speeds there ... @gull_s_777 bro .. imo u should include all the posted results with bike category in ur first post so it would be easier for users to check and compare the top speeds of different makes ... also mention if they tested on flat or downhill surface
    i was surely thinking of that , but most of users aren't mentioning that their best speed was on flat or downhill

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we can ask them to verify either it was done on flat or downhill .. after confirmation u can add their results too ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

love the spirit...
    Your YB killed it man.... 114Km/h, real fast .... which model is it by the way???
    And also amazed to know that your meter error is consistent, aka same 7Km/h difference on low speed and very high speed, you can just correct it by adjusting the needle if you want....
    And i guess it is old Yb100 Alsons meter? quality bolti hai bhai... ab to new Alsons b farigh hai!

Can anybody tell me of a good straight road in lahore?
    Ring road pe bike zada jati nai? Cannal road pe rush bht hai?
    I cant go past 86 figure on GPS yet...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OH GOD GRIEF .. that surely means that bike seriously needs some attention ... kio k I am very sure cg goes atleast 105.

GUYS from KAWASKI/RX because I have heard a lot that they hit 160 .... i want to make sure of that if they really does or is it just another NASTY meter.

It was downhill with favourable wind direction when it touched 105(GPS), otherwise it was topping at 93Km/h.

Hmmm, so 71Km/h for CD70 which model is it??

and about your YB, which model is it?? is it stock or altered? and that speed was on flat road or with a bit of help???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@My dear pakwheeler broz,It was in most favorable conditions & even 120KMH at GPS is possible.
    I love to speak truth my YB100 cant go more than 95to 105KMH at GPS in stock conditions with pillion on it.My bike is Stock(Stock Carburator,Sprockets,Clutch,0.0 size piston.)
    Even current system is desi(Non org).

Guys i want to ask u a question,Log alter kr k jhoot bolte hain k bike 120kmh jati hy.Or agr main apni stock bike py ideal conditions istmal kr loon just or 120kmh jaye to ye koi Ghalat to nhn na?Like downhill & doing head down.

@Gull bhai,GPS needs a good climate too like sunshine & open air.Keeping cell in hand is best.Check again.Not to get disappointed with ur Beloved JUNOON.

CD70 is feb2012 model & YB100 is 92 model(Restored)

@Auto,Its non original meter.I played with its needle to slow meter upto 10kmh.
    @Gull bhai,write 100kmh stock speed at gps in main post (of my YB100) & cd70 was of friend nt mine.
    I Am the Feel
    I Am The Yamaha!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i updated the first post with results, assuming most results are on flat roads, if someone did downhill , he can mention that how much he got on flat and downhill... and i 'll update.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Gull bhai,GPS needs a good climate too like sunshine & open air.Keeping cell in hand is best.Check again.Not to get disappointed with ur Beloved JUNOON.
    no such issue once you are under open sky, and first time when i did 110km/h , my pillion friend was holding the cell plus my results are almost identical to Automotorsport's junoon, so i guess that says it all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool VINTAGE times - WHEN there was NO GPS

This is my lovely GIRLFRIEND before she had a complete change in BODY and cosmetic, on its stock engine it sealed 120kmh hardly then I went into modifications put a CB250 5gears engine, changed final drive ratio to maximum and this picture shows the result after that..

Now this Bike is much heavy in weight and look different .. beside it is hibernated because of me being out of city all of the time.

Sorry for the water mark it was added because randomly I see this picture on Facebook on other profiles and people claiming its them ... even this is false for original ROAD Master because officially ROADMASTER cannot go beyond 112kmh in favorable conditions, this all was achieved after modifications.

If you see it is ceiling 160 but now after this long time I think it may have reached 150~kmh where as meter was hitting 160kmh.. but not sure it is from OLD times.. beside it was a orignal Sieki made in Japan meter, but still I doubt it because current situation of locally made meter is very bad...

point to Luagh if you see the left hand THumb is ready on Dipper switch because I was constantly flickering Front beam even it was around 2~3AM at night and road was completely empty and well lighted, but I and my pillion rider jani friend were experiencing this much speed for the first time in our teenage so I was much worried that if any thing can go wrong... but Shuker ALlah we had a safe tests..

Kindly Share your bikes GPS speed -1082548

OH GOD GRIEF .. that surely means that bike seriously needs some attention ... kio k I am very sure cg goes atleast 105.

GUYS from KAWASKI/RX because I have heard a lot that they hit 160 .... i want to make sure of that if they really does or is it just another NASTY meter.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good work @gull_s_777 ...now we will hv one of a kind database consisting accurate top speeds of different variant motorcycles ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

even i have same feeling, may be it wasn't a good day for CG, will try to check it again if i get chance.
    Though according to my friend it goes to 95Km/h (bike meter) only, and i managed to take it to 100Km/h on flat...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

today i cheak my freands's metro 2012 after complete running ,, the meter show top speed 75 and the gps show 70

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So luckily and finally.. today i have done a little better than before!
    Clocked 88Kmph highest finally! here are the pics...

Looking forward for CD100 And Pridor's top speeds.. I think they'd clock more than this.

Kindly Share your bikes GPS speed -1082591

Kindly Share your bikes GPS speed -1082592

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

User Tag List