Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Opinion needed either cd 200 or??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Opinion needed either cd 200 or??

Salam all,
    I have been using this forum for abt a month now but still am undecided. Actually i am using unique 70 for about a year now. But here is the problem. This bike is good onlyu for 10-15 km distance. When i go more than that it start giving me backache. I have been planning either to buy honda 200 or suzuki gs150. I have met @junaidakhtar also in this regard. He advised me for GS-150. I also saw his latest project in which he converted honda 175 into a 260cc bike. The most interesting thing in that bike was the monoshock he used which inspired me. I further figured out the importance of disc break in any bike after reading some posts. Now here is the advice i need
    1)which bike will be best for me. Considering i am tall and heavy built too
    2) Is it possible to buy a honda 200 and install monoshock and disc breaks both. And how much the bike will cost after all these upgrades?
    3)Can i put these upgrades(monoshock and disc breaks both)in gs 150?
    4)Is there any chance i can make my current bike comfortable and safe either by above mentioned upgrades or by any other mean so that i wont have to switch to anyother bike?
    5)And lastly, I am open for any other bike which can provide me comfort with safety so any other suggestion is welcome too.

Similar Threads:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post

CD-100 can be easily driven on an avg speed of 80 Km/hr for that the road needs to be clear --
    Never gives horrendous vibrations like other models--50 Km/hr is the > malai speed <--60-70 Km/hr easy drive,over 70 it is fast but never gives away its grip and drive is easy at avg speed of 80 provided the road is straight and clear.Can be topped til 90-95Km/hr..
    So fr the most comfortable ride in Honda's lineup..

Giving me an economy of 58-64 Km/L

GS-150 fast an powerful 5-speed bike with an economy of 35 Km/L..and avg speed of 100Km/Hr..The best cruiser available in production
    thats really cool petrol average i think for 100 cc bike...if it is so then i might be sticking to 100...Any idea for how much can i get cd 100 (the model prior to pridor)? and how is the pridor different from the previous model...I am asking comfortwise and enginewise

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    @ibrahimhasmi

Bro while asking the question for selection of a bike you have mentioned bikes that are of different category.

CD200 Roadmaster is an entirely different thing compared to GS150 and other local bikes. If your requirement is long rides and considering that your build is huge CD200 should suit you in all respects, it gives very reasonable fuel average of at least 30km per liter and is a comfortable bike to ride for long distances but not for off-roads. Or if you put some more budget in your pocket then GS500E with lesser fuel economy as compared to CD200 is also a good bike for long rides.
    If you plan to use a bike for off-road too then you may consider he GS150 or 125s by Honda, in which case GS150 is more popular for long rides.

Good luck..
    thanks for the detailed reply. I moght also use it for off-roading..but need a suggestion..how is cd 100 for off roading?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Why you need a disc brake ? and a mono shock, when Bike braking is within the engine capacity and Shock absorbers are already comfortable enough (I am talking about CD100 Pridor)

If you go for Pridor you dont need a Disc and a MONO SHock , or you want these things oonly for Shashka ?

If you are uncomfortable on 70cc then any 100cc class would work for you in terms of braking and shocks softness only if you are not planning 'RACING' on it.

Happy Hunting!
    Cheers !
    ok i need disc brakes for safety only and monoshock for prevention of backache and making my journey comfortable... I am not very shashka liking guy ...I only want to make my drive safe and comfortable, warna 70 cc is doing the work for me i0e taking me from 1 place to another...1 more thing , i might use this bike (which i will be buying) for off roading later on. So for long routes i will be in need of safety and comfort more than in the city

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ibrahimhashmi11 View Post
    thats really cool petrol average i think for 100 cc bike...if it is so then i might be sticking to 100...Any idea for how much can i get cd 100 (the model prior to pridor)? and how is the pridor different from the previous model...I am asking comfortwise and enginewise
    SIr zero meter CD_100 costs around 80,500 Pridor costs 83000Rs Brand new

I would advise you to buy any CD-100 driven b/w 2-3k Kms and you can get it in b/w 72-73k at the expense of void ahl warranty(warranty voids on transfer of bike)..Sir if you are a careful driver i dont think you would need disc breaks CD-100 stock drum brakes are sufficiently efficient.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@devilskreed ..I think u own a cd 100..you can very well answer the questions i raised earlier...waiting for you reply

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@devilskreed ..I think u own a cd 100..you can very well answer the questions i raised earlier...waiting for you reply
    Sir CD-100 and CD-70 are in entirely different league..CD-70 is just a ride for fuel efficiency..But when you are driving a CD-100 you will instantly notice

Heavy Built
    Better grip
    Priceless comfort
    Strong suspension
    A 30% Pick increment
    A higher manageable top speed
    A very decent looking ride
    Better headlights
    Fuel gauge(In CD-100 only,,Not on pridor)
    Vibration less ride
    Better road grip

And above all a nice upgrade with a fuel efficient and better looking ride..

I would strongly suggest you to test ride any CD-100 post 2009 model..Had you been a pindi resident my CD-100 would have been at your service for testing purposes..Also the reason i strongly advise Honda makes is their relatively better quality than other manufacturers and ease of sale and service..CD-100 is also a very famous family commuter..

Sire pridor is a cosmetically changed cd-100 with exactly same engine specs and suspension..Tanky tappy are a little modified and dryweight is decreased by 2Kgs with an added carburetor change..I have not yet ridden a pridor,,very rare here as people take some time accepting a change but i assume pridor pick has been marginally increased..Maybe you can get a deal in less than 80k for brand new cd-100 2012 as a few exist at showrooms so they may decrease the price for clearing purpose.

FOr more info on pridor you can browse Amjad Bhai's pridor experience..Link below
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...0-model-2013-a

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will say Comfort + Powerful engine + Silent Beast = GS150

So go for GS150
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@devilskreed one more and last thing...how is this bike for long routes??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@devilskreed one more and last thing...how is this bike for long routes??
    For long stretches it is better than all bikes in Honda's line up..Deluxe over sixty gives vibration unlike CD-100..I went to wah on this bike the approximate stretch was 90+ Kms and i felt no exertion..Just stopped at a store for a bottle of STING otherwise the ride was overall comfortable..

Depends on your budget..If you can spare 1Lakh rupees for a brand new GS-150..GS is a better choice..Otherwise you can get a decently driven GS second hand b/w 75-80k..For cruising 125+cc rides serve better especially GS..
    otherwise CD-100 is a very suitable underpowered alternative.Can be easily driven on an avg speed of 80..Can be stretched till 95.

Gs 150 can be driven on avg speed of 100,,on the expense of less fuel average..

Again i would strongly suggest you to try out both rides..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nicely explained..

I just came to know you sold deluxe :-O ... and procured a Pridor .... WOW!! when did that happened

For long stretches it is better than all bikes in Honda's line up..Deluxe over sixty gives vibration unlike CD-100..I went to wah on this bike the approximate stretch was 90+ Kms and i felt no exertion..Just stopped at a store for a bottle of STING otherwise the ride was overall comfortable..

Depends on your budget..If you can spare 1Lakh rupees for a brand new GS-150..GS is a better choice..Otherwise you can get a decently driven GS second hand b/w 75-80k..For cruising 125+cc rides serve better especially GS..
    otherwise CD-100 is a very suitable underpowered alternative.Can be easily driven on an avg speed of 80..Can be stretched till 95.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Nicely explained..

I just came to know you sold deluxe :-O ... and procured a Pridor .... WOW!! when did that happened
    Sir that is amjad bhai..He sold his deluxe and got a new pridor..I own a cd-100 2012

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hah ah h ah h a My apologies just mixed you both, @Amjad .... Lala 125 vech dita!!! (Lahori mode 'ON')

Sir that is amjad bhai..He sold his deluxe and got a new pridor..I own a cd-100 2012
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thankyou very much for very detailed reply..I think i should try out both rides to make the final decision... I can try out junaid bhais 150 but for cd 100 i would have to find someone from PW..Thanks all once again..I will ask your help when i would be done riding both bikes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

cd 200 is a bike of bikes in pakistan,, i am using it in daily running for about 6 year, in my house their is a cd70, yb100, currently,
    engine parts r availible easily , little expensive but durable then any other bike in production in pakistan. comfort , grip , stability levels r un matchable, once properly rebuilt gives u reliability for years,
    for which types of part did u mean '' khajal hona parta hy''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rebuilt engine?WHy to invest 1lakh+ on a rebuilt old is gold roadster..CD-200 is not as reliable as production bikes as they can be easily tuned,serviced,spare parts are reasonably priced..It is a classic ride now..For daily commuting one cannot digest reliability hassles

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i prefer cd100 ,, gs150 say behtar hy cd200 py lakh laga do,, kafi bhonda look hy, Suzuki parts r expensive too, fuel comsumption bhe almost same he hy..

if u want mileage comfort easy maintenance cd100

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CD200 any given day.... however only if you can manage the bike properly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ibraheem i have replied your query kindly check your inbox. Sorry for the delayed response...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One more thing...How is ravi piaggio in comfort...and are the spare parts easily available...It is also coming in my range

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

+1 to these points
    CD100 is a very good bike, but even if you are little bit into biking, you will be hungry for more power after a little while.
    I had CD70 , used it for 2K Km only , it was too underpowered for me. Now i have Junoon, which is serving me well and is about to complete 10K km. But now i am again feeling the need for more power, and hopefully will be getting GS150 in near future.
    So before you purchase your new bike, just make sure what you want .. economy or power ???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List