Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Opinion needed either cd 200 or??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Opinion needed either cd 200 or??

Salam all,
    I have been using this forum for abt a month now but still am undecided. Actually i am using unique 70 for about a year now. But here is the problem. This bike is good onlyu for 10-15 km distance. When i go more than that it start giving me backache. I have been planning either to buy honda 200 or suzuki gs150. I have met @junaidakhtar also in this regard. He advised me for GS-150. I also saw his latest project in which he converted honda 175 into a 260cc bike. The most interesting thing in that bike was the monoshock he used which inspired me. I further figured out the importance of disc break in any bike after reading some posts. Now here is the advice i need
    1)which bike will be best for me. Considering i am tall and heavy built too
    2) Is it possible to buy a honda 200 and install monoshock and disc breaks both. And how much the bike will cost after all these upgrades?
    3)Can i put these upgrades(monoshock and disc breaks both)in gs 150?
    4)Is there any chance i can make my current bike comfortable and safe either by above mentioned upgrades or by any other mean so that i wont have to switch to anyother bike?
    5)And lastly, I am open for any other bike which can provide me comfort with safety so any other suggestion is welcome too.

Similar Threads:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its a 100% perfect choice given your requirements, infact its the real machine which you actually need right now, and has killer looks, but I would not suggest it to you because here in lahore its easily avaiable for 95k and has good spare parts back up now, but in Karachi many of my friends who own piaggo are have serious trouble in spare parts availability.... and i have to send spare parts from Lahore almost like every month... so that explains

Quote Originally Posted by ibrahimhashmi11 View Post
    One more thing...How is ravi piaggio in comfort...and are the spare parts easily available...It is also coming in my range
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

was actually waiting for ur response as i come to know that u own a piaggio too...i have actually done a lot or search and i have come down for this part which has almost everything i need in my range...can u kindly compare it with cd 100...all the pros and cons that come in ur mind that might help me

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but ibrahim bhai karachi men you will hardly find its spare parts specially body part, engine tu almost 200cc SAZGAR rickshaw walay he hai isliye uski tention nahi ho gee apko, mager bodyand plastic parts ki care kerni peray gee, isliye I didnt recomended it.

was actually waiting for ur response as i come to know that u own a piaggio too...i have actually done a lot or search and i have come down for this part which has almost everything i need in my range...can u kindly compare it with cd 100...all the pros and cons that come in ur mind that might help me
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think i would have to review my choice then...also i should visit their sales and service centres here in karachi so as to have a better idea..@vicktulla what do ya say??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just called ravi karachi outlet...they are selling it for 1 lac 5 thousand...and the guy told that spare parts are not available easily..so have to drop it down from the list too...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes I can compare both, But Its would be funny to compare a Work Horse with a Italian Stallion

CD100-Atlas Honda Pridor:

I dont own a Pridor, so I would invite amjav, devilskreed,racer7 buddies they can enlighten you I think they have already explained you well enough, I would add only this bike is very closely designed for Pakistanis, and is a best choice to ride in crowded cities like we live in, VERY VERY HIGHLY ECONOMICAL as it is turning out to be, I just came to know from friend (amjad786) that it can even reach 70km/liter that is a super hit plus point, it has a Reasonable Power, reasonable speed but if rider is bulky their would be a noticeable power loss, GOod Grip, Beatiful Modern Age design, No self Start by the way, highly comfortable shock absorbers, I heard their are some Lose chain issues which are bothering users in start but not sure.

Ravi Paiggo Storm:
    If I compare it to CD100 then it is more heavy sporty looks, More Horse power best Power out put in Pakistani 125 class due to high compression engine, more Top Speed, more Torque, excellent braking disc brakes, More Grippy in terms of Fat tyres Wide Rims, its feul avverage is 45km/l to 50+km/l for sure I have closely tested it,

Self Start you will forget that you ever had a kick starter, even I didnt had a a kick for around a year but never ever I wished I had any, because self started never let me down, still running on original ZPF battery.

Super Good machine for Touring between cities I have commuted alot between Gujranwala-Lahore-Okara-Sahiwal-sarogdha and it never let me down.

Its very Comfortable I cannot explain you but they day you will ride it you will understand how much comfortable, its rear suspension has 7-Level Adjustments from Full rigid to Full floating suspension.

as far as I have seen my bike cruising it went upto 115kmh, abused it alot in 5 years its almost driven 50000+km now its my little brother who is using, as I m out a city and also heard he is modifying it (same old teenage thing ) but its amazing that a Bike looks good even after five years given that its a chiniese.

very nicely Finished bike as compared to other Chinese origin bike and the reason is that even Bike is Chinese but due to collaboration with paiggo Italy, they cannot go down to bad Chinese level, Just like over Nokia Cell fones they are also made in chine but far far far ahead in quality and better then the China phone found locally, but hear it loud and clear it is engine is made in china and bike is assembled in Lahore Factory of Ravi.

RAVI BAD POIINTS:
    Less Acceleration then CG 125 PowerPlus/Deluxe

Very Bad at corners due to high Seating and soft suspension so its a NON MASTI bike.

Pillion Rider is like sitting on your head because its tail is high like heavy bikes.

Very Bad Service Center, its better to go to some Good Honda Mechanic, because Ravi Original Service center Sucks, only one or two service center in Lahore are some what reasonable all other are pathetic.

Less availability of spare parts, Now in Lahore spares are becoming available easily as some of the Mcloaed Road importers have directly started importing its spare part from Original ZPF factory instead of waiting for Ravi Guys. but in other cities situation is still the same.

Expensive spare parts, as some thing becomes less available in Market it is black marketted so Ravi spare parts is expensive then other bikes because only branded orignal spare parts is available.

Servis Tyre is Not a Very Good Tyre in terms of Road Grip which is now a days coming in Storm, previous Tyre Original ZPF was widener and way more road Gripped Tyre, the New Servis Tyre coming these days is local and slips badly specially in raining and wet roads.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In Lahore it is 95k i think its bit expensive because of transportation as factory is in lahore but not sure. Try to confirm about there service center and spare Parts, if that is a problem solved like in Lahore then you can go have a test ride to compare further.

i think i would have to review my choice then...also i should visit their sales and service centres here in karachi so as to have a better idea..@vicktulla what do ya say??
    just called ravi karachi outlet...they are selling it for 1 lac 5 thousand...and the guy told that spare parts are not available easily..so have to drop it down from the list too...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is Exactly the same reason I didnt Recomended you .. Try CG Deluxe!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we cant own a CG in karachi for daily use atleast..I will get robbed off with my two wheeler gone too...cant take that risk...only option left is suzuki 150 or honda pridor which i dont want to buy...:@ :@

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If I were you, and I was looking for Economy the the "Muqabala" in my mind would be between Pridor/Raidor/Junoon and I will go to there sale center and check each bike in detail.

And If I ma looking for Rock Solid power in 125/150 cc Category then I will be Checking GS150 / R.paiggo/Deluxe (if robbing is problem then omit Deluxe)

but I would not go for RoadMaster200 because tight now I own one Road Master and I have a quite good experience of keeping an Old Rocker! new is new..

No its up to you!

Happy Hunting.

we cant own a CG in karachi for daily use atleast..I will get robbed off with my two wheeler gone too...cant take that risk...only option left is suzuki 150 or honda pridor which i dont want to buy...:@ :@

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir phir kia iraday hain?
    Allah tawakal kar kay koi lay lain..gs ya cd..Piaggio( if parts are avilable)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    If I were you, and I was looking for Economy the the "Muqabala" in my mind would be between Pridor/Raidor/Junoon and I will go to there sale center and check each bike in detail.

And If I ma looking for Rock Solid power in 125/150 cc Category then I will be Checking GS150 / R.paiggo/Deluxe (if robbing is problem then omit Deluxe)

but I would not go for RoadMaster200 because tight now I own one Road Master and I have a quite good experience of keeping an Old Rocker! new is new..

No its up to you!

Happy Hunting.
    Ok, economy is not a very big deal..i am ok with a bike giving me 40-45 km/lit..But i would be needing a reliable bike which i can cruise on too at long routes...and after seeing r.piaggio i would add stylish look too in the *must have* list of my to be bike..I am really disappointed to see that in pakistan we cant get good stuff even if we are ready to pay the price..we still get crap..I think i have virtually visited every bike but the only bike i liked was piaagio which i cant buy because of non-availability of parts...stuck again with my 70 cc chonda..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    Sir phir kia iraday hain?
    Allah tawakal kar kay koi lay lain..gs ya cd..Piaggio( if parts are avilable)
    its like a non ending musical chair ...I might go on for overhauling a bike if possible...nahi to market may sirf kachra bik raha hay..reallllyyy disappointed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in pakistan we cant get good stuff even if we are ready to pay the price..we still get crap..

bitter but truth

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had CD200 for 2 months the bike is just like an airbus for a biker. We went for on/off roads on CD200 but never any problem. The only thing which forced me to sale out expensive spare parts and non-availability of good mechanics and if you find any he would charge huge bucks from you. I bought genuine exhaust pipes from Karachi worth 14k and meter for 4.5k. I must say if you can afford 200 you can afford all bikes as i see people claim you can't afford RX and GTO these bikes are so expensive.

In current market if you need a comfortable and reliable ride then i must say go for Deluxe only you have to compromise on self start feature.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you like Ravi Piaggio then you have to compromise on spares.

GS is also a good bike but again some quality control issues after spending 100k you need around 20k more for disc setup and good quality of tyres.

Last thing if you want a good well maintained/restored 200 then keep 150k with you but here i must say if you want more power and comfort then add few more bucks in your budget and go for GS500E and have a happy ride!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually CG/Deluxxe could be best bet for him but due to bike snatching he is hesitating, and Piaggo he is worried if he breaks some thing then he will be on an endless road to no where h ah ah hahah

@ibrahimhashmi11: Go for HONDA PRIDOR yar.. kio pershan hotay ho dost!! it will work InshAllah! or go get a market opinion!! may be you would find something good!

Quote Originally Posted by r1 View Post

GS is also a good bike but again some quality control issues after spending 100k you need around 20k more for disc setup and good quality of tyres.

Last thing if you want a good well maintained/restored 200 then keep 150k with you but here i must say if you want more power and comfort then add few more bucks in your budget and go for GS500E and have a happy ride!

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually CG/Deluxxe could be best bet for him but due to bike snatching he is hesitating, and Piaggo he is worried if he breaks some thing then he will be on an endless road to no where h ah ah hahah

@ibrahimhashmi11: Go for HONDA PRIDOR yar.. kio pershan hotay ho dost!! it will work InshAllah! or go get a market opinion!! may be you would find something good!
    Just saw his location. Pridor would also be a hot cake for snatchers there.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by r1 View Post

thats the worst part...even after spending 150k i am not sure i would get a perfect ride..as u have mentioned that GS 150 has quality control issues and vickytulla has confirmed about piaggio spares issues...and cg i cant buy warna na may rahu ga na cg ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar pridor say i m not satisfied..it has ohc engine(dont know if it will make any huge diff) but yaar agar 100 cc may hi lu to how would you suggest unique 100...see the link D.S. Motors (Pvt.) Ltd. ----- " UNIQUE " Motorcycles & Rickshaws Manufacturer it has disc breaks too and i guess spares are easily available in khi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

User Tag List