Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Reflector + LED = Indicator

  1. #1
    Site Banned Follow
    Silver_Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,070
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Reflector + LED = Indicator

    Asslam-o-Alaikum:

    I have been looking long for good and stylish indicators, but wasnt able to find any. At EBAY some stylish looking indicators costed around 2k.. So a crazy idea went into mind of modifying a reflector.

    As you people know reflector comes into different cool looking shapes. So i went to market to buy this one..

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1403

    These are good. Previously installed on my bike is still going good after like 3-4 months

    Flipped it you can see it plain... Now next step will be drilling a whole to accommodate wiring stuff

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1404

    Got my DIY tool kit fitted with drilling bit

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1405

    Drilling a hole

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1407

    Removed the front panel ..

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1408

    I used led strip instead of bulb considering the space and size

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1409

    After wiring and fixing

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1414

    I used sealant to properly seal the new indicator

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1415

    After complete assembly

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1416

    Glow

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1420


    @mods.. I know its wrong section but as it concerns bikers community so i posted it here


  2. #21
    Site Banned Follow
    Silver_Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,070
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junaidakhtar01 View Post
    mansoor bhai acha lagney ki bat nai hai na hi mind karne ki
    forum hota hi is liye hai k hum aik dosre se knowledge share karen
    i can gurantee na to vicky ne na hi SK ne bura mana hai
    bat ye hai k piaggo mein gs150 mein cd200 mein light are directly connected to the battery not from the magnet coil
    isliye vot same rehte hen
    magnet coil k volt upr neche hote hen as per rpm
    Exactly.. And the magnet coil voltage keeps on fluctuating so you keep it on high rpm's for better visibility

  3. #22
    Site Banned Follow
    Silver_Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,070
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mansor View Post
    ok sir
    asal may mujhy indicator ki had tak to led thek hai per yar reflector may led laga ker kya faida
    bhar haal acha hai
    Asal mein baat ye hai bhai sahab, ke mujhey koi indicator achi shakal ka mil ni raha tha.. On the other hand i noticed that reflectors come in very cool and appealing shapes so which results in this DIY..

    Can you kindly find me a single indicator in Pakistan with this appealing and sleek design?

  4. #23
    Site Banned Follow
    Silver_Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,070
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shahi18 View Post
    good ha yaar....a clean piece of DIY ..
    Some more DIY's will be coming soon as i get my hands on that matt black vinyl you sent today

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,419
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    fingers crossed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Some more DIY's will be coming soon as i get my hands on that matt black vinyl you sent today
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    FM3o5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    216
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Asslam-o-Alaikum:

    I have been looking long for good and stylish indicators, but wasnt able to find any. At EBAY some stylish looking indicators costed around 2k.. So a crazy idea went into mind of modifying a reflector.

    As you people know reflector comes into different cool looking shapes. So i went to market to buy this one..

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1403

    These are good. Previously installed on my bike is still going good after like 3-4 months

    Flipped it you can see it plain... Now next step will be drilling a whole to accommodate wiring stuff

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1404

    Got my DIY tool kit fitted with drilling bit

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1405

    Drilling a hole

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1407

    Removed the front panel ..

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1408

    I used led strip instead of bulb considering the space and size

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1409

    After wiring and fixing

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1414

    I used sealant to properly seal the new indicator

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1415

    After complete assembly

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1416

    Glow

    Reflector + LED = Indicator - CIMG1420


    @mods.. I know its wrong section but as it concerns bikers community so i posted it here

    ALA yar mei ne yeh bhott dair se soucha hwa tha mei bhe banao ga, front shocks ke side pe jo reflectors hoty hai un ne kro ga and wo continous chley gy
    <FM>

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    IHateRollas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Super cool

  8. #27
    Site Banned Follow
    Silver_Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,070
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks rola bhai

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    pico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    very nice diy bro

    what are the specs of these leds ?

    do u wire them directly to the battery or a resistor is required in between ?
    ALWAYS TRY EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE , BUT NEVER BECOME THE SLAVE OF ANYTHING.

  10. #29
    Site Banned Follow
    Silver_Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,070
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    very nice diy bro

    what are the specs of these leds ?

    do u wire them directly to the battery or a resistor is required in between ?
    Dont know about specs and resister.. I bought led strip and using them with 12V battery

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,470
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    they do not need resistors .. just hook them up .. they have some internal way to handle currents ..
    Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    very nice diy bro

    what are the specs of these leds ?

    do u wire them directly to the battery or a resistor is required in between ?

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisalbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Can be done.. But kham khawa ka sir dard hoga... You have to take out two mirror first then with using diamond coated wheel have to remove the powder layer.. Lots of precison required
    i have got a trick.
    skype me i'll tell ya. drill ki zaroorat b nai pary gi
    Bike/Car Accessories & Parts Import Service. check this page for more http://www.facebook.com/zakoriimports?ref=ts&fref=ts

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    FM3o5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    216
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Anyone please help, how to remove the front cover! nh hu rha i have tired....
    <FM>

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    FM3o5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    216
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    it should be hollow from the inside i think mine one is not hollow.
    <FM>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •