12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My Low Speed Bike Crash with High Impact

Few days ago I'd crashed on r6, just thought to share about happenings or if it could help riders in anyway for careful riding.

First I'm thankful to Allah (s.w.t) that there are no fractures and I'm continuing with my activites though with some difficulties.
    I'm also highly grateful to UAE Members (khanrocks, racerf1/f2, slarzae, istafa111, Basit & Ghayur) for being with me like brothers at time of incident and even after, taking care of everything. I cannot return whatever they've done for me.

It happened on a unnoticed curve. Few meters behind the accident area, there was a tight curve with slight steep & semi-blocked view of road ahead followed by a very short straight patch on slope with another turn starting on same slope. I managed the 1st curve on steep rightly and misjudged the next curve right after short straight patch (may be I was illusioned of straight patch).
    I lifted the bike back in posture as if road a ahead is straight, the moment I lifted the bike there was an unexpected curve and I missed it entirely. Didn't even got chance to apply brakes and bike went straight into a ditch that was around 4ft down the road, full of stones. It happened in split second and I got no time to react except saying "Ya-Allah Khair" while crashing.

Impact: Bike bounced straight in the ditch and crashing on the road-side wall at same time.
    My speed was around 50-60kmph.
    Ambulance arrived within few minutes and I was carried to hospital.

My condition after accident: I'd svere back-trauma due to bouncing impact and backache was out of this world, at certain points I'd short-breath sessions to cater the pain.
    Head struck in the wall causing a minor cut inside lips and some neck-ache (Thanks to helmet)
    Got minor bruises on elbow, knee and a slight deep one on abdominal side.
    Entire checkup, scans, ultrasounds, pain-killers etc was done and I was discharged after 5-6 hours with reports that there is no fracture and no sign of internal bleeding. Bruises and demaged tissues will take time to recover.

Day-1: I had severe back-ache, entire lower-back all the way till thighs got swollen. I was unable to walk and changing any position was a nightmare. Anways I cont. with medication and rest.

Day-6: Backache was reduced and bruises started filling. Yet there was no releif in swelling so I got 2nd checkup from nearby clinic. They checked in detail and said everything is fine, increased my pain-killers and said to have rest. (A wrong analysis. I had been in state of internal bleeding, yet it was unknown to everyone). I cont. with rest and medication but no releif.

Day-11: No relief from swelling, I went to another hospital for another round of check-ups. Luckily I was diagnosed there that I'd suffered from internal bleeding and it is accumulated in my entire back and hip area causing all the swollen body.

Day-12: I was called for a procedure called "hematoma" to take extract dead-blood out of body uisng syringe. I was shocked to see 300cc blood taken out and yet it was 60-70% collection, rest being left inside being said difficult to extract. Another mistake, they didn't realized or checked that internal-bleeding has stopped or not. Same night of procedure I again started an immediate increase of swelling. Rushed to emergency, got checked and declared that your muscles are still bleeding, the term they used is "muscles are oozing blood". Bleeding stopped after some time. It continues with minor stretch on teared muscles.

Day-16: Surgeon decided to operate after trying treatment with medicines and external excavation of blood.

Day-19: Operated to excavate more than half liter of blood trapped inside, spreaded in large area starting from lower back and hip to pelvic going till thigh. After cleaning, couple of internal stitches were given and a drain pipe was inserted in the effected area to spill blood in coming days. It took around 1-1/2 hours to complete the procedure. Drain pipe will be removed after 3 days if bleeding is stopped.

Day-22: Drain-pipe is removed that was around 8-10 inches inside the body reaching the source area of bleeding. Bed rest for another one week.

Please pray for me that I get well soon. JazakAllah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Too sad.

Good to know a life got saved. Allah aap ko lambi umar aur sehat de. I sincerely wish the bleeding gets sorted/stopped without surgery.

All the prays for you brother.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am so sorry to hear that, I hope and pray that you get well soon brother. Ride safe
    "It's dangerous to be an honest man"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get well soon brother.
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh bhai it hurts......yar mujha b bikes ka bht shok ha lakin mujha yahi dar lagta ha k kahi mera accident na ho jay....main na khod ek bike ko hit kia tha.....us becharay ki tang fracture ho gye thi our us waja sa us ki job b chali gye thi.....main abhe tak bht upset rehta hun us ka baray main.....bus bhai main ap ka lea dua ki kar sakta hun.....allah ap ko sehat da....ameen

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no matter how expensive or thrilling bikes are
    they are still the most dangerous rides

Allah aapko jald shifa aur aram ataa farma'ay
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first of all thanks to God that you didnt get serious injuries. frankly i am quite surprised the first thing in RTA(road traffic accident)is to check for internal bleeding and that hospital didnt.it is the first thing we do i remembered because i did it on the first day in hospital.its good they found the internal bleeding or you might have been gone into shock.i dont think you ll need surgery you will just need to rest alot. you should check for any signs of swelling by yourself aswell.and also check if your having bloody stools or not.
    God bless you with speedy recovery.

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats really sad bro few days ago one of my friend crashed his R1 in Quetta during wheelie but that was all his fault and in result wrist and right leg got broken again helmet saved his life, no head injuries. v8 do you wear all safety gear? i.e armour with spinal, elbow, knee guards and biker shoes?
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

v8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    Too sad.

Good to know a life got saved. Allah aap ko lambi umar aur sehat de. I sincerely wish the bleeding gets sorted/stopped without surgery.

All the prays for you brother.
    Thanks Haroon bhai

Quote Originally Posted by mhali View Post
    I am so sorry to hear that, I hope and pray that you get well soon brother. Ride safe
    Ameen

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Get well soon brother.
    Thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by zain_khan1 View Post
    oh bhai it hurts......yar mujha b bikes ka bht shok ha lakin mujha yahi dar lagta ha k kahi mera accident na ho jay....main na khod ek bike ko hit kia tha.....us becharay ki tang fracture ho gye thi our us waja sa us ki job b chali gye thi.....main abhe tak bht upset rehta hun us ka baray main.....bus bhai main ap ka lea dua ki kar sakta hun.....allah ap ko sehat da....ameen
    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    no matter how expensive or thrilling bikes are
    they are still the most dangerous rides

Allah aapko jald shifa aur aram ataa farma'ay
    true, bikes are always dangerous, they don't give a chance still riders can't stay away of em
    Ameen!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

May Allah bless you with a speedy recovery and keep you safe. In Sha Allah you will be fine soon. still it's good to know that the damage is reversible.

v8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SANTANIO View Post
    first of all thanks to God that you didnt get serious injuries. frankly i am quite surprised the first thing in RTA(road traffic accident)is to check for internal bleeding and that hospital didnt.it is the first thing we do i remembered because i did it on the first day in hospital.its good they found the internal bleeding or you might have been gone into shock.i dont think you ll need surgery you will just need to rest alot. you should check for any signs of swelling by yourself aswell.and also check if your having bloody stools or not.
    God bless you with speedy recovery.
    Thanks bro, doctors did checked for internal bleeding right after the accident and said there is no internal bleeding. May be it was slow initially and went unnoticed. Yup, it seems like lots of rest and time would be required. Let's see.

v8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by r1 View Post
    Thats really sad bro few days ago one of my friend crashed his R1 in Quetta during wheelie but that was all his fault and in result wrist and right leg got broken again helmet saved his life, no head injuries. v8 do you wear all safety gear? i.e armour with spinal, elbow, knee guards and biker shoes?
    Yup bro, I was wearing armor jacket, riding shoes, gloves and helmet. Only missing thing was knee pads and fortunately they went untouched except minor bruise.
    Safety gear did protected a lot from major injuries. Head, hands and toe had direct impact.

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by v8 View Post
    Yup bro, I was wearing armor jacket, riding shoes, gloves and helmet. Only missing thing was knee pads and fortunately they went untouched except minor bruise. Safety gear did protected a lot from major injuries. Head, hands and toe had direct impact.
    Good to know and may ALLAH give you good health. Don't you have to worry our Prayers are with you everything will be fine InshALLAH.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

& if possible kindly quit biking for good & get a car or 4x4 like Khan Rocks and Istafa.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As much as I'm in love with bikes, this is the reason I'm not a rider.

Anyways, I pray to Allah that he grant you a peaceful recovery and may you In Shaa Allah be more careful onwards.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank God that your are safe bro. INSHAA ALLAH you'll be fit and fine without any surgeries.

I have to admit that your pain has made me re-think over the 1000cc bike plan. I would have always chosen 2 wheels over 4 but this much detailed pain...

May I ask that which country are you residing in? Your description looks nothing like Pakistan.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    The best views are seen from inside motorcycle helmets.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alhamdulillah you are safe and recovering from the accident...Abt the internal bleeding there is a problem,. We can't assess it jst after crash if it is very minimal but still we keep the patient under observation for atleast 24 hrs so as if there is some bleeding suspected, it could be treated. Can you plz specify that from where were you bleeding...and also after the excavation of hematoma have you been feeling well or the pain/swelling started again? I wish you complete and quick recovery.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aah! Very very sad incident sir! Thanks to Almighty Allah you're safe.

Sir, I want to say something here, that the clinic which you visited on day 6, I am a bit doubtful about the doctors over there. Because swelling was there and still they couldn't diagnose internal bleeding is something highly unlikely.

Also, the hospital emergency staff on the day of the crash, they should've kept you in observation for at least 24 hours. Its a standard procedure in cases of such crashes.

I suggest you visit some highly qualified professionals to observe your case.

For the rest, ALLAH se barra waaris kon hai sir, just have faith in Him and you'll be alright.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

THANKS TO ALLAH u r safe!!

our prayers are wid u!!

INSHALLAH INSHALLAH u will be recover soon without any surgery!!!
    "the elevator to success is out of order.You will have to use the stairs...one step at a time." Joe Girard

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks to Allah that you are safe
    Maa Da Laddlaa Vigar Gaya.... Chevy Aveo Ly K Nikal Gaya.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List