4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How to adjust tappet ?

After being fooled by mechanics i have planned to adjust my pridor's tappets myself . For the tool some PW guys suggest me to visit Brandreth road in Lahore or metro thokar /model town Lahore as i am residing in Lahore.
    But here i have a question i have never done that before all i have done is washed/adjusted Honda CD 70 carburetor many times .

So please PW experts guide me how to adjust my tappets .
    i 've got some little knowledge about that
    rocker arm to top per rkhna hai for that i need to rotate magnet and can also do some smooth kicks

but how will i measure the gap with a stick (Feeler gauge) as it looks like i need to place it like a foota in my engine ?

plz help

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have been thinking to do that too for a long time.. I am subscribbing... Bikers and magicians please enlighten us

Quote Originally Posted by zubair.ilyyas.5 View Post
    After being fooled by mechanics i have planned to adjust my pridor's tappets myself . For the tool some PW guys suggest me to visit Brandreth road in Lahore or metro thokar /model town Lahore as i am residing in Lahore.
    But here i have a question i have never done that before all i have done is washed/adjusted Honda CD 70 carburetor many times .

rocker arm to top per rkhna hai for that i need to rotate magnet and can also do some smooth kicks

but how will i measure the gap with a stick (Feeler gauge) as it looks like i need to place it like a foota in my engine ?

plz help
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

plz help
    A DIY for adjusting tappet.........hmmm..... You need L-Key, feeler gauge and basic tools. Waisay doing it properly requires the exact clearance gap which should be mentioned in the user's manual of your motorcycle. Without it.......Its a game of Trial and Error, and trust me......its cumbersome and extremely annoying. Bottom line is....... what is the gauge you need to adjust the tappets for Pridor. If its there in the user manual you will face no problem.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    A DIY for adjusting tappet.........hmmm..... You need L-Key, feeler gauge and basic tools. Waisay doing it properly requires the exact clearance gap which should be mentioned in the user's manual of your motorcycle. Without it.......Its a game of Trial and Error, and trust me......its cumbersome and extremely annoying. Bottom line is....... what is the gauge you need to adjust the tappets for Pridor. If its there in the user manual you will face no problem.
    yes i have got user manual and it says all you need is feeler gauge to adjust it at 0.5mm .by the way what is L key .as per pics it seems like i may not need it only a simple key could help me .Unluckily none of the authorized dealers had complete tools to adjust tappet.
    All they were equipped with a fluke (Tukka ).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How to adjust tappets

yes i have got user manual and it says all you need is feeler gauge to adjust it at 0.5mm .by the way what is L key .as per pics it seems like i may not need it only a simple key could help me .Unluckily none of the authorized dealers had complete tools to adjust tappet.
    All they were equipped with a fluke (Tukka ).
    With the user Manual......there is no need for a fluke.....if it says 0.5mm than they have made the job so much easier.

This is what you have to do:

1. open the tappet cover

2. Crank the engine (you will see the rockers rocking up and down).

3. stop cranking the engine exactly when both rockers are on same height (one would be half way open while the other would be half way close)

4. In this position insert the 0.5mm feeler gauge, drag it against the tappets...if you feel a slight resistance on the feeler gauge then your tappets are correctly adjusted........if not you need to adjust them.

5. You will need an Allen-key (either Hex head or star head depending upon your tappets) and fix pana.How to adjust tappet ? -1114955

6.There are two nuts on each tappet, one is on the outside of the head and it can be lossen with a fix pana, whereas the other one is on the inside of the head and usually requires an Allen key (or you can use a flat head screw driver instead sometimes)

7. First loosen the outside nut, doing so you will be able to move the inside nut, the inside nut is what adjusts the tappet whereas a tightened outside nut ensure the adjustment you made remains so.

EASY PEEZYY!
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One thing very important is that in my view 0.05mm is the correct filler guage inspite of 0.5mm.

Secondly, brother aximaxim told all the correct way, however one thing to be added here is:

Don't forget to apply engine oil on filler guage before use to avoid any incertanity in future.

Also brother Zubair please share your experience after 1st adjustment as I am also fedup of these HATHORA MECHANICS and want to do the same on my PRIDOR. This Saturday, I am planning to visit Bilal Gunj Auto Tools Shops to buy the following tools for tuning i.e.

1. Torque Wrench for different nuts adjustments
    2. Filler Guage of 0.05mm size.
    3. Necessary Keys
    4. Ignition Timing Light

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why bilal ganj sir, why not actual bidon road or the tools market beside railway ? bilal ganj men 3rd class tools milty hain and they wear off for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    One thing very important is that in my view 0.05mm is the correct filler guage inspite of 0.5mm.

Secondly, brother aximaxim told all the correct way, however one thing to be added here is:

Don't forget to apply engine oil on filler guage before use to avoid any incertanity in future.

Also brother Zubair please share your experience after 1st adjustment as I am also fedup of these HATHORA MECHANICS and want to do the same on my PRIDOR. This Saturday, I am planning to visit Bilal Gunj Auto Tools Shops to buy the following tools for tuning i.e.

3. Necessary Keys
    4. Ignition Timing Light
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    why bilal ganj sir, why not actual bidon road or the tools market beside railway ? bilal ganj men 3rd class tools milty hain and they wear off for no reason.
    Vicky bhai you are right I should go to bedon road but in bilal gunj beside DATA SAHIB there are many shops where one can get best tools in cheap price. Bedon road market is a high priced market in this line. However brother if you know a good person there in bedon road, I can visit there as it is near to my home than bilal gunj.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I usually go with the mechnic who maitins my bike he is old guy and know many people in bilal ganj, bedon e.t.c... will ask him.

Vicky bhai you are right I should go to bedon road but in bilal gunj beside DATA SAHIB there are many shops where one can get best tools in cheap price. Bedon road market is a high priced market in this line. However brother if you know a good person there in bedon road, I can visit there as it is near to my home than bilal gunj.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    I usually go with the mechnic who maitins my bike he is old guy and know many people in bilal ganj, bedon e.t.c... will ask him.
    Thank you brother for your help, i shall be waiting.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i do it regularly myself .. i will do a video this time .. last time i did a video but that was a huggggggggggggggggge size video and tried many times to upload it to youtube but loadsheding never allowed me .. and in the meantime i lost that video .. so will do it again ..
    dont worry i will explain all the tools etc .. just wait few days.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can anybody plz list the exact tools with sizes required for tappet adjustment of honda cg125

ALWAYS TRY EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE , BUT NEVER BECOME THE SLAVE OF ANYTHING.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great thanx.. will be looking forward to your video.

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    i do it regularly myself .. i will do a video this time .. last time i did a video but that was a huggggggggggggggggge size video and tried many times to upload it to youtube but loadsheding never allowed me .. and in the meantime i lost that video .. so will do it again ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anxiously waiting the desired video, it will be a great help for bike lovers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks guys .Also post the video on youtube and share the link that is goona very helpful. I have got one for CD70 carburetor adjustment will share it with in a day or two.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here are some of the pics waiting for your video

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...or#post3722470

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asjdsm Kitay gai tuhadi Vaydeo badshaho..Aiwain goliyan na khilao

I am sick and tired of retarded mechanics who say Humara hath hi tappet gauge hai..It is humanly impossible to set a clearance of 0.05mm without any tools?OFCOURSE NO.I am looking forward to adjusting my CD-100 tappets my self ABER i dont know **** about adjusting them.Have seen getting them adjusted a few times..The tools are already mentioned above..

The question is where i can procure them from pindi/isb..The best quality ones

I need to be spoonfed about tappet adjustment for cd-100/pridor.

Ibn-e-maryam hawa karay koi
    Meray dukh dard ki dawa kary koi
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

3. Necessary Keys
    4. Ignition Timing Light
    bro wht is ignition timing light ...????
    Catch Me If u can...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    @asjdsm Kitay gai tuhadi Vaydeo badshaho..Aiwain goliyan na khilao

I am sick and tired of retarded mechanics who say Humara hath hi tappet gauge hai..It is humanly impossible to set a clearance of 0.05mm without any tools?OFCOURSE NO.I am looking forward to adjusting my CD-100 tappets my self ABER i dont know **** about adjusting them.Have seen getting them adjusted a few times..The tools are already mentioned above..

The question is where i can procure them from pindi/isb..The best quality ones

I need to be spoonfed about tappet adjustment for cd-100/pridor.

Ibn-e-maryam hawa karay koi
    Meray dukh dard ki dawa kary koi
    You are right about ustaad log those who claim there hand is feeler gauge
    but here honda mechanic in my city has really surprised me and i have checked
    bike tappets after tuning the settings come out accurate just giving you example
    of last tuning he never uses feeler gauge i personally requested him to set the
    intake valve little tight & exaust valve little loose (means to factory settings)
    after tuning i came back home and checked the settings with feeler gauge
    exaust valve was exactly perfect 0.05mm and feeler gauge was also going in intake valve
    but just with some drag little force

and this is not the first time from last three tuning i have been monitoring his settings

First tuning he set the valves Intake just little tight & exaust exact 0.05mm
    2nd tuning he set the valves Intake exact 0.05mm & exaust little tight
    3rd tuning he set the valves Intake exact 0.05mm & Exaust little too tight (Gauge was not going)
    4th last recent whose experience i shared above this i personally requested him to
    set the valves as Intake if little bit tight ok but let the Exaust valve loose as compare to Intake
    as this is recommended and he acknowledged that said aise h hoti hai correct settings
    i told him i have been monitoring your valve settings from last 4 tunings and told him to
    set the valves like you did in first tuning and he done the exact same settings which i told him

Though i personally have experimented setting tappets of bike and i personally too used to feel
    & still feel its very very hard to set the valves to factory settings as 0.05mm without using feeler gauge
    as very very little movement of tappets adjuster bolt ruins settings but i was amazed when started
    monitoring honda mechanics work here in my city the years & years of experience has really given them
    idea about valves position they can judge the clearance with hand by moving rocker arm or valve
    he is very senior mechanic and has 30+ years of experience i have been going to him from 2012
    but from last 8 months i am very satisfied with his work some time he does very foolish mistakes
    like one day he had left my bikes carburetor bolts untighten and in the past i was not really satisfied with his work
    now its been excellent experience with him and i really enjoy my bikes ride

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers