13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need info regarding engines

Aoa everyone. I have a buggy with a motorcycle engine around 150cc, recently the engine started giving a lot of problems and isnt working. It is having wiring issues and carburator problems. So i was thinking for moving to a bigger power plant, something like 250-400cc. So could anyone please tell me how much would an engine cost in this range. Should be a good reliable engine and within lahore. Preferably from a heavy bike.

And also can someone also give details about any reliable electrician in lahore who can fix the current engine. I can not take the buggy anywhere as it is not working at the moment, it wont start.
    Thanku!

wbk
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    Need info regarding engines -1116935Need info regarding engines -1116936Need info regarding engines -1116937Need info regarding engines -1116938Need info regarding engines -1116939Need info regarding engines -1116940Need info regarding engines -1116941Need info regarding engines -1116942Need info regarding engines -1116943Need info regarding engines -1116935
    Thanku very much!

Now i want all of you to help me design a new front for the buggy. Currently i am not satisfied with the shape, so i want ur help with what would look good. Every sort of suggestion welcome!

wbk
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh and im repainting the shocks and other parts along with the buggy which would b painted later. The main colour would b red. So i want opinions on what colour should i paint the shock, the outer spring of the shock the side arms and the side rod? I was thinking of painting the spring in gold and inner shock black. What do you guys think?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OK so im a little late at this thread.. seems an interesting project.

Let me share my few bits of knowledge... so u have mentioned that u want to instal a heavy bike engine... dear that won't b a wise thing to do!

You have to understand difference between torque and horse power...
    Or in simple terms power and speed respectively.... the heavy bikes engines, no matter u put a inline 4, or a single cylinder are made for producing more speed or break horse powers....
    They produce power, but at a very high rpm...

However you don't exactly need a speedy engine for ur poor buggy! The poor thing would disintegrate into piece if u take it to top speeds...

Hence what you need to look for is a torque-y engine! That is an engine which produced lots of power at low rpms...
    A high newton meter of torque producing engine... that is more likely to come off a cruiser bike, a chopper bike or a dirt bike...

With 4 people on a buggy, even ur 400cc heavy bike engine would struggle as it produces too low torque at low rpms...

I guess I've explained it adequately, hope u get it.... u dont need speed, u need power. A 250cc 4stroke dirt bike engine would be the best fit.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

wbk
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    OK so im a little late at this thread.. seems an interesting project.

Let me share my few bits of knowledge... so u have mentioned that u want to instal a heavy bike engine... dear that won't b a wise thing to do!

You have to understand difference between torque and horse power...
    Or in simple terms power and speed respectively.... the heavy bikes engines, no matter u put a inline 4, or a single cylinder are made for producing more speed or break horse powers....
    They produce power, but at a very high rpm...

However you don't exactly need a speedy engine for ur poor buggy! The poor thing would disintegrate into piece if u take it to top speeds...

Hence what you need to look for is a torque-y engine! That is an engine which produced lots of power at low rpms...
    A high newton meter of torque producing engine... that is more likely to come off a cruiser bike, a chopper bike or a dirt bike...

With 4 people on a buggy, even ur 400cc heavy bike engine would struggle as it produces too low torque at low rpms...

I guess I've explained it adequately, hope u get it.... u dont need speed, u need power. A 250cc 4stroke dirt bike engine would be the best fit.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
    Thanku brother. Yup i got every word of it, u r 100% correct because an enigine with high end torque wont do the job. Any idea on the price figure for 250 cc engine? Thanks for ur input. btw this is my first ever project, so a lot of stuff will go wrong will be needing ur help all the way.

wbk
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@automotorsport, could you please tell me any good electrician near the area of defence. I want to get the complete wiring re-done for the current engine. Its not possible for me to take the buggy somewhere cuz its not in working condition right now.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wbk View Post
    @automotorsport, could you please tell me any good electrician near the area of defence. I want to get the complete wiring re-done for the current engine. Its not possible for me to take the buggy somewhere cuz its not in working condition right now.
    Hmm.. In defence there are some good company authorised outlets of Honda, but they wont put hands on this buddy...
    And other local mechanics are extremely awfull... they are for the "Charar pind" paindus only...
    So im afraid the best bet for you is to take the buggy to "Kainchi".. straight down the walton raod...
    Im saying this becaus e its a complete bike market there, you would be able to choose btw better options of good and bad mechanics/electricians.. and might also be lucky enough to find some spares to start her up..!

And I.A. all help would be available.. bt i myself has got little knowledge.

wbk
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Hmm.. In defence there are some good company authorised outlets of Honda, but they wont put hands on this buddy...
    And other local mechanics are extremely awfull... they are for the "Charar pind" paindus only...
    So im afraid the best bet for you is to take the buggy to "Kainchi".. straight down the walton raod...
    Im saying this becaus e its a complete bike market there, you would be able to choose btw better options of good and bad mechanics/electricians.. and might also be lucky enough to find some spares to start her up..!

And I.A. all help would be available.. bt i myself has got little knowledge.
    Hahaha. Spot on brother, charar pind is very near my house, i called an electrician from there and it was of now use! i could go to kainchi that wont be a problem. Will go there soon.

And also suggest what colour should i paint the shocks + springs and other steering parts. The main colour of the buggy will be red. Im thinking of painting the springs in sky blue OR yellow OR gold OR silver. What would you suggest?

wbk
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Somebody please help me with the paint suggestions? im really confused. And also how should i shape the front?

wbk
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    yeah, beach/Desert buggies they are seen queite often in bilal ganj these days
    Vicky bhai how much would a gs500 engine would cost?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

o_O 500cc engine... no idea... but I expect it to be below 20k if found (most of them from bilalganj are consumed already in rebuilding GS500e)

a single cylender 125cc sazgar engine is 14 for brand new and 20k for 250cc daba pack which has a five gears including reverse gear from Mcloaed Road. You can visit there.

Vicky bhai how much would a gs500 engine would cost?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear wbk please find the pics for the shape and color of your buggy project.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How about this one ...

Need info regarding engines -1118288
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^
    Need info regarding engines - takemymoney
    Rise from the ashes,.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dost, 250cc buggy engine with 5 gear front or 4 gear front/1reverse can be purchased from Sazgar outlets its rough price idea i can give is around 20k because I remember some one swapped its 2stroke engine with it and costed ~20k... but putting that engine in this buggy will really bring it back to life.

Good u please explain about the single cylinder engine? Im sorry but im a complete noob.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dost, 250cc buggy engine with 5 gear front or 4 gear front/1reverse can be purchased from Sazgar outlets its rough price idea i can give is around 20k because I remember some one swapped its 2stroke engine with it and costed ~20k... but putting that engine in this buggy will really bring it back to life.
    I think what Vicki is proposing is the best bet for you. Its an appropiate engine with enuff torque and BHP. Also the spares are extremely cheap and readily available. Brand New engine hai. Remember it has a reverse gear, it will come in handy on the roads. Go for it. Dont over do the project with a lavishly big engine which will be a nightmare to maintain. Go for the Sazgar engine.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

wbk
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

o_O 500cc engine... no idea... but I expect it to be below 20k if found (most of them from bilalganj are consumed already in rebuilding GS500e)

a single cylender 125cc sazgar engine is 14 for brand new and 20k for 250cc daba pack which has a five gears including reverse gear from Mcloaed Road. You can visit there.
    Wow, 250cc engine that also new, with a gear box!! You've just made my day vicky bhai. Thanks for the info! So now the question is, that are sazgar engine reliable? Sorry for my foolish questions!

wbk
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    I think what Vicki is proposing is the best bet for you. Its an appropiate engine with enuff torque and BHP. Also the spares are extremely cheap and readily available. Brand New engine hai. Remember it has a reverse gear, it will come in handy on the roads. Go for it. Dont over do the project with a lavishly big engine which will be a nightmare to maintain. Go for the Sazgar engine.
    Yup, my mind is almost set, will give a visit and check prices and is the installation possible in the buggy. Btw my current gear box also has reverse, lol. really liked ur suggestion of not over-doing the buggy, keeping it simple which would be better in future. i-e easy maintanance and stuff.

wbk
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    Dear wbk please find the pics for the shape and color of your buggy project.
    Thanks a lot for ur input brother, but i am not looking for something like this. I am looking for something to make the buggy look mean and menacing, which i know is impossible at the moment but still.. i want that wow factor! if u get what i mean.

wbk
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How about this one ...

Need info regarding engines -1118288
    *drools* i wishhhh!!!!
    Could be a good future project.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup, my mind is almost set, will give a visit and check prices and is the installation possible in the buggy. Btw my current gear box also has reverse, lol. really liked ur suggestion of not over-doing the buggy, keeping it simple which would be better in future. i-e easy maintanance and stuff.
    Sazgar also makes a 200cc liquid cooled engine. Its produces 14.75 BHP and 16NM of torque, ample to pull your buggy. As its the same unit used in the richskaws, its reliable with cheap spares.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List