4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Where to buy tappet adjuster and feeler gauge in lahore

I have found this pic on PW but it was for isl guys i need assistance from Lahori Bikers where can i buy both tools.
    Bedon road or bilal gunj . Seriously i have never been there before so have no idea which shop would have it and what is the desi name of it by the way i mean none of the guy i met could understand the word feeler gauge. I have tried in makro Lahore model town and couldn't find any .
    Some guys told me that i may find it at any hardware shop but as far my experience i haven't once i asked they started looking at me like i cam e from Mars and asking for something that doesn't really exist.Pls help with your reply ASAP
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmm.. I dont remember the place exactly now.. but theres a market for tools too... Once i asked a spare parts shop owner for bike puncture repair kit and he said I got to there for such kinds tools... If theres no guidance from here, U can ask a mechanic or spares part shop keeper for that..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Hmm.. I dont remember the place exactly now.. but theres a market for tools too... Once i asked a spare parts shop owner for bike puncture repair kit and he said I got to there for such kinds tools... If theres no guidance from here, U can ask a mechanic or spares part shop keeper for that..
    App to muj se bhi baray ustaad niklay a "puncture repair kit " . check out my pic DIY
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...70s-carburetor

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any more suggestions please i have tried asking them and with their empty faces they smiled like idiots first and then said pata ni Mecload rd say pooch lein .... and iwas like yeah waqai mien nai pata app ko Shukar hai k hall rd nai kaha

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yar I bought it from a tool shop in a car market muje ustad ji ne kaha tha k kehna k "TAPPET CHECK KARNE WALA GAUGE" chahiay. Kisi b car market me kisi se b puch lena bta de ga k kaha se milta ha?
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the first pic was taken by me ..
    so i have this thing .. and bought it for like 60 rs . i dont remember eactly .. but its uselss ..
    i would recomend the flat nose pliers .. i have later bought those and they are many many times better .. definitely go for pliers ..
    regarding availability .. it will be available at shopes which sell support accessories for bikes cars mechanics .. just ask any mechanic yar dukan kholni ha bikes ki chotay bhai ka lia saman kider sa mila ga ... hahaha dont tell them u want it for urself .. they wont tell u .. same experience here

regarding the feeler gauge its commonly called tappet gauge .. at one shop it was there and it was written on it. but shopkeeper said nai ha .. on pointing it he gave it to me and said its not called feeler gauge its tappayyyyyy gagggggggggggggge .. even it feeler gauge was written on it in english... the one labelled easier is hard to find . i never found it .. they said only honda provides these tools to its mechanics ..

so i bough a multi tooth one .. the one labelled hard one ..

it coust me 125 rs .. but there was an expensive version which was like 500 rs .. or 350 rs .. but was much expensive .. also that was of finer grade material .. rust resistant but that had no .05mm readings ..

the cheapo has many readings in it .. so buy that .. and that will help u adjust spark plug gap as well ..

also u can buy much finer material single reading strip for 90 rs .. its just one strip of .05mm reading .. its like 1foot in length .. just cut few inches from it and bend it to required shape .. and u are good to go ..

i will be making video on these tappet adjustments .. but dont get good opporunity .. but this time i am determind to upload it .. last time severe loadsheding did not allow me to upload it . now i hope i will be able to upload it .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks but shop ka name pata koi?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Borther asjdsm has replied very well and in detail.

Bro Zubair Ilyas can go to Brandreth road Chowk and there are many motorcycle tools shops which supply the tools to training institutes. However in the chowk on the left hand side in the street there is a big tool shop and you may ask anyone there about that shop or you may personally find it easily.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont know of lahore but in pindi its in gawalmandi .. ask any one of the shop which has tools for motorcycle mechanics .. there are only 2 shops .. there .,
    and there is no use of that fancy tappet adjuster on cd 70 .. its useless ..

its useless because the cutout in it is not perfect there is more play in it . which inherintly cannot allow u to adjust with it .
    the long flat nose is the best thing .. also for feeler gauge use that combination one or the single strip ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have bought both of it from brandreth road Lahore in just rs 100 for the ref you may buy it from chaudary's hardware as they are very famous and expensive also

so i bough it from a hawker or what would would you call a side shop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zubair.ilyyas.5 View Post
    i have bought both of it from brandreth road Lahore in just rs 100 for the ref you may buy it from chaudary's hardware as they are very famous and expensive also

so i bough it from a hawker or what would would you call a side shop
    That's nice, now please share the pics of both tools and it's made too.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default help regarding the use of feeler gauge for Honda cd 70 1993 breaker point model

assalam-o-alaikum...i am new to PAKWHEELS...i have my father's honda cd 70 1993 breaker point model....for few days extreme vibration and a tick tick sound comes from head...here AHL authorized mechanic says that "tappet set karney hain" but he cant set it properly...
    i have to know that which value of feeler gauge i must use to set the valve/tappet clearance....plz help.....
    plz note that that the engine has been re-build after 80000 km with genuine AHL spare parts & now it completes 16000 km.
    will be thank-full...... :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post

i will be making video on these tappet adjustments .. but dont get good opporunity .. but this time i am determind to upload it .. last time severe loadsheding did not allow me to upload it . now i hope i will be able to upload it .
    SIr ji jjitni jaldo ho sakay guide upload karain..The mechanics just **** with tappets,i am never satisfied as they never adjust the recommended clearance..Kehaty hain humara hath hi tappet gauge hai(bunch of maggots)
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does the tick tick irregular sound on cold startup signify a tappet adjustment??
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

actually tick tick sound comes when it is running whether in hot or cold condition.....but in cold tick tick sound comes extreme high which vanishes when it become hot but a extreme low sharp metallic tick tick sound still remains....which is very irritating to me....please let me know the exact feeler gauge for my bike's tappets/valve clearance....also does the wrong adjustment of tappets affect the engine parts/mileage/pickup/speed...?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List