4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Bike fork top(bridge) broken

Assalam u alaikum .... today a very wierd incident happened to me .... i was with my mechanic because i had to get my indicators and front monogram changed from him ... i bought him the indicators but the shop from where he usually refers to get the items had no monogram with them resultantly i had to search around the whole market to get it and after 5 - 6 minutes of searching around i got it .. in between those 5 minutes the bike was with him because he was changing the indicators ... when i came back he showed me the thing which i never expected and never paid attention to or u can say it never crossed my eyes .. the fork top or bridge was broken from where it has nut fitted with forks ... when he showed me that i was like wtf ye kaise hogya ye pehle to nhi tha and he answered to kia matlab bhai hum ne thori na kia hai main indicator k liye nut kholrha tha jab nazar pari pehle tumne kahin bike maaari hogi jab se hua wa hai isko change karwaalo ye khtrnaak hai kabhi bhi handle nikal k haath main aajega ... its true i met a minor accident but it was long ago i guess 4 to 5 months back and it resulted in slightly bend forks,broken headlight nd bend mudguard but i guess fork top was intact kher i got the new fork top fitted which costed me 350rps ... the thing i dont understand is if the fork bridge was cracked how come it managed to survive my harsh driving it should have given up long ago ... i am naturally suspicious minded thats why i sense some mechanics hara****** in it..... i dont want to blame him but can u guys tell me is it possible he can do that so i will never ever go to him next time...

Attached Images Attached Images     

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this happens if you are riding around with loose forks or some shop tried to straighten the fork stanchions with them mounted on the bike. If you take out the steering head bearings (cone catori) you may find it is also worn on one side only.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the dullness on surface of the broken side is an indication that the crack has been there for a while. a fresh crack will have shiny surface. this can also be a creep failure where a crack was introduced when u had ur accident and it slowly propagated due to your rough driving style and when the mechanic tried to loosen the nuts for the indicator, it finally gave in
    add/like my page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deep-Stage/118781821626401

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List