Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Going to start my first ever project....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Going to start my first ever project....

A.O.A,
    I m going to start my first ever project.. (dil se)
    I have previously hands on experience of disassembling and reassembling my 70cc engine of about 3 times.

So here's the plan,
    I getting a used Honda CG 125 200X model.
    I want to do following things with it, (only engine wise) for the time being

1. change gears from 4 speed to 5 speed.
    2. Change carb to suzuki 110 diaphragm type carb for better fuel effeciency.
    3 change bore to 110cc or 100 cc (if possible)

please seniors do comment on my upper intentions whether these are possible and if yes then how? specially what it will take to reduce the engine cc's

For now i have only decided to modify engine according to my interest, if this is done then i'll modify the whole bike. I am always a single rider.

w8ing for comments...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear best of luck and welcome to pw .
    for body modifications m here and for engine here are many more guys
    tell me one thing you want to make bore of 125 less to 110cc ? why
    legend will revive soon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

because i have seen some bikes on google with bigger gear boxes and only 60-77 cc cylinders, so i beileve by reducing bore size and changing gears to 5 speed, i can achieve good fuel economy.
    thing to remember is that i always ride alone and do not need sudden accelerations, and my wieght is just 55 kgs, so may be shorter bore will do my work. if it is possible in 125 cylinder block...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shehryarkhalid1 View Post
    because i have seen some bikes on google with bigger gear boxes and only 60-77 cc cylinders, so i beileve by reducing bore size and changing gears to 5 speed, i can achieve good fuel economy.
    thing to remember is that i always ride alone and do not need sudden accelerations, and my wieght is just 55 kgs, so may be shorter bore will do my work. if it is possible in 125 cylinder block...!
    Instead of going through all of your genious plan... why dont u consider adjusting the fuel to lowest posible on ur CG? Or - Buy a smaller bike? Or - Put a small/thin fuel pipe through which the bike just cant suck enough petrol.. and cant give bad milage?

The idea of reducing the engine capacity of a larger engine is just!! GENIOUS!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have done all this stuff with my Pak hero 70 cc(72 on cylinder block) and got mileage of 65 kms?liter but now feel no charm in 70cc's.
    I have also used suzuki 110 for some time and it is and awsome machine, if its 110 cc engine can easily carry its heavy body, why cg can't?
    The main motive behind doing all this is to check whether it can be done or not...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have done all this stuff with my Pak hero 70 cc(72 on cylinder block) and got mileage of 65 kms?liter but now feel no charm in 70cc's.
    I have also used suzuki 110 for some time and it is and awsome machine, if its 110 cc engine can easily carry its heavy body, why cg can't?
    The main motive behind doing all this is to check whether it can be done or not...
    Buy an engine of a totalled ride and install it..Once the engine is rebored and re-sleeved its reliability is reduced and can cause mess again and again
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why buy a totalled engine when i am getting a working bike with minimum price tag.
    ok main question,
    Can 5 speed transmission be installed in CG 125 standard gearbox. If yes, then of which bike? make? and from where can i get it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

most probebly deluxe gear box
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

WELCOME:
    Firstly Welcome to PW! Like you I'm new here too! Like you I also started a project! Like you I have similar previous hands on experience on bikes! Like you I do too love CG125! but......unlike you I never do what you are planning to do on CG125. Still there is nothing impossible and everything can be done.

1. 5 SPEED GEAR BOX CONVERSION ON CG125:
    Yes you can change the gearbox to 5 speed. It actually is a fairly simple mod. Most of Chinese 125cc copies of honda have 5 speed gearboxes and their gear set can be easily salvaged to convert your Cg125 into a 5 speed. If you wanna spend more Deluxe gearbox will also fit........this was the good part....... however there is a negative aspect to it too. Most people think that the 5th gear conversion will give them first 4 gears just like the original and there will another gear on top of it to increase top speed and fuel efficiency....and guessing your motives Im sure you too thought the same..........right ? right?........LOL ......please be noted that 5 speed gearbox of Chinese 125 or even deluxe have closer ratios than on 4 speed gearbox so after the conversion you we have to change the gears sooner and even in the fifth gear you will not feel a big difference. I have ridden a 5speed converted cg125 have its nothing special. So it would be a waste of money and energy for a very small gain....but hey! Its possible! and it will give a a little bit higher speeds on lesser RPMs......so its up to you!

2. Changing Carb to Suzuki 110:
    Again Yes its possible and yes it will decrease the fuel efficiency. I have seen people running their cg125 on CD70 carbs..........they partially block the air intake to compensate with the lesser fuel entering the smaller carb. If you want to reduce fuel consumption why dont you try to adjust the original carb to lowest setting.......It will work. If the results aint satisfactory as per your standards you can choose to ditch the original carb with any smaller kind.

3.Reducing bore to 100 or 110cc:
    Again Yes dude.......its possible....... you can insert a sleave into the cylinder to decrease the bore.....any good lathe wala will happily do it for you. But remember thats not the only modification needed. When you decrease the bore you also have to change the piston and weight (counter weight) to match your decrease bore size.

So yes! all what you said is possible........ also if you want to increase fuel effeciency you can try the following:
    1. swap CG wheels and tyre with narrower cd70 wheels and tyres....
    2. change the bigger fuel tank to cd 70 fuel tank as you wont be needing any.
    3. replace CG brakes to cd 70 brakes to reduce weight.
    4. replace cg seat to cd70 seat
    5. replace CG final drive sprocket to cd70 sprocket.
    6. replace CG silencer with CD70 silencer, it will actually increase fuel effiiency.

After doing all that you will have a bike very much similar to a CD70...........
    I hope its not too subtle for you

AGAIN! Welcome to PW! We hope and wish you achieve whatever you want to achieve with your project!
    B.O.L
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    WELCOME:
    Firstly Welcome to PW! Like you I'm new here too! Like you I also started a project! Like you I have similar previous hands on experience on bikes! Like you I do too love CG125! but......unlike you I never do what you are planning to do on CG125. Still there is nothing impossible and everything can be done.

1. 5 SPEED GEAR BOX CONVERSION ON CG125:
    Yes you can change the gearbox to 5 speed. It actually is a fairly simple mod. Most of Chinese 125cc copies of honda have 5 speed gearboxes and their gear set can be easily salvaged to convert your Cg125 into a 5 speed. If you wanna spend more Deluxe gearbox will also fit........this was the good part....... however there is a negative aspect to it too. Most people think that the 5th gear conversion will give them first 4 gears just like the original and there will another gear on top of it to increase top speed and fuel efficiency....and guessing your motives Im sure you too thought the same..........right ? right?........LOL ......please be noted that 5 speed gearbox of Chinese 125 or even deluxe have closer ratios than on 4 speed gearbox so after the conversion you we have to change the gears sooner and even in the fifth gear you will not feel a big difference. I have ridden a 5speed converted cg125 have its nothing special. So it would be a waste of money and energy for a very small gain....but hey! Its possible! and it will give a a little bit higher speeds on lesser RPMs......so its up to you!

2. Changing Carb to Suzuki 110:
    Again Yes its possible and yes it will decrease the fuel efficiency. I have seen people running their cg125 on CD70 carbs..........they partially block the air intake to compensate with the lesser fuel entering the smaller carb. If you want to reduce fuel consumption why dont you try to adjust the original carb to lowest setting.......It will work. If the results aint satisfactory as per your standards you can choose to ditch the original carb with any smaller kind.

3.Reducing bore to 100 or 110cc:
    Again Yes dude.......its possible....... you can insert a sleave into the cylinder to decrease the bore.....any good lathe wala will happily do it for you. But remember thats not the only modification needed. When you decrease the bore you also have to change the piston and weight (counter weight) to match your decrease bore size.

So yes! all what you said is possible........ also if you want to increase fuel effeciency you can try the following:
    1. swap CG wheels and tyre with narrower cd70 wheels and tyres....
    2. change the bigger fuel tank to cd 70 fuel tank as you wont be needing any.
    3. replace CG brakes to cd 70 brakes to reduce weight.
    4. replace cg seat to cd70 seat
    5. replace CG final drive sprocket to cd70 sprocket.
    6. replace CG silencer with CD70 silencer, it will actually increase fuel effiiency.

After doing all that you will have a bike very much similar to a CD70...........
    I hope its not too subtle for you

AGAIN! Welcome to PW! We hope and wish you achieve whatever you want to achieve with your project!
    B.O.L
    confuse hi ker dia ha bechare ko
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why buy a totalled engine when i am getting a working bike with minimum price tag.
    ok main question,
    Can 5 speed transmission be installed in CG 125 standard gearbox. If yes, then of which bike? make? and from where can i get it?
    A totalled bike not a totalled engine dude..

A moded bike and thinking of reducing engine CCs and fuel efficiency?It is only possible if bore is decreased which is not possible as it can only be increased..Just buy a lower displacement engine and fit it in a random chassis.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its a good idea but itself a hectic one.

If you are that much concerned about mileage then you should buy an electric bike. Seriously guard filter have launched an electric bike which takes 4-6 hours of charging and gives you 80-85 km in it. You may buy it in Rs85000 and may need a battery change after a year or so in RS35000.

Actually i am not the ambassador of them but have found it on gourmet bakery in Lahore. And once i had all of that info from its user i was like **** yaar !!! I shouldn't have bought Pridor as it only gives you 60km/litre and also an obsolete tail ka Kunaster wala engine

So be eco friendly

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Electric bike main wo mza kahan jo wroom wroom main hae , np i want a bike with an internal combustion engine.,
    @ aximaxim yup you are right to some extent bro. I frequently travel inter cities on my bike so i need top cruising speed. but i dont like sudden accelerations. as when i travel i am fully packed, in fact i can here the sound of air passing by me very politely in the way i m packed while riding.
    I dont want ot change the whole gear box, i just want to change the gear spindles and i m not a fan of delux gear ratios. suzuki gs 15 and ravi piaggio may be good or any else gear spindles which can be fitted inside CG's gear box?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ill say............. just reduce fuel intake from carb , change gear ratio to extrem , tan see !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahd150 View Post
    Ill say............. just reduce fuel intake from carb , change gear ratio to extrem , tan see !
    Installing a smaller carb reduces engine durability as the engine runs hotter at leaner fuel mixture. When discussing engine tuning the 'Air/Fuel Ratio' (AFR) is one of the main concerns. Proper AFR calibration is critical to performance and durability of the engine and it's components. The AFR defines the ratio of the amount of air consumed by the engine compared to the amount of fuel. The Stoichiometric AFR for petrol mixture is 14.7:1, which means it takes 14.7 parts of air complete burns one part of fuel.

For Example:
    15.0:1 = Lean
    14.7:1 = Stoichiometric
    13.0:1 = Rich

Leaner AFR results in higher temperatures as the mixture is combusted. Generally, petrol engines produce maximum power just slightly rich of stoichiometric. However, in practice it is kept between 12:1 and 13:1 in order to keep the pistons from frying.

Why Leaner Fuel Mixture Makes the engine Run hotter?
    We all know what happens when we blow air to BBQ, it gets hotter...right. More oxygen makes the flames bigger on the BBQ.
    That's horribly over-simplified, but easy to understand and relate to the engine.
    Fuel in a normal ratio, 14.7, and especially if it's a bit rich, actually is a more controlled explosion and helps cool.

The objective is to burn the fuel inside the combustion chamber....not detonate it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ha h ah ah h ah ah hah a yar teri mehrbani ... you all just confusing the poor soul!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post

That's horribly over-simplified,

The objective is to burn the fuel inside the combustion chamber....not detonate it.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    ha h ah ah h ah ah hah a yar teri mehrbani ... you all just confusing the poor soul!!!
    hehehehe.... array kahan sir jee. I was just trying to explain why putting a smaller carb can hurt the engine. Ab BBQ say tow sab hee relate ker saktay hain thats why BBQ ka example diya tha.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Worst project i would ever see, bro ap shashky bhi marna chahtay ho aur kehtey ho petrol bhi na khaye!
    Both things are clashing with each other, a nice advice would be stop thinking about 125!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what happened to my darling !
    70cc the fuel is evaporating from carb on still ?
    spark pluck is correct n crisp color !
    i have removed half lota from back n now it it taking more free air .
    it is not willing to do 35km in 1 litter. but it runs like a lepord.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well if you are thinking about decreasing the fuel supply to the engine then think again please.. the cg125 will not get enough petrol and the engine will eventually become weak with lower supply of petrol because it will have to do more work with less food(petrol)

why dont just buy a 100cc bike again??
    welcome to PW btw

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List