1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default need Advice ....

hi guys. i recently bought a Honda CG-125 Point Model 1990 in black color. Engine is unsealed but is in sound condition. bike had original Honda Made Carb for point, which i kept in house, installed CDI Carb in it to somewhat increase economy. running wise is too good. easily reach 90 with not much effort. however one issue i noticed. when i bought the bike the seller told me that gear shaft is issuing which can get changed for max of 1k budget. depends upon the type of shaft that i will put in. I noticed that bike is smooth sail in 3rd gear upto speed of 50 to 55, but when i use to stretch it more upto 60+ then a weird grunting sound starts until i shift 4th gear. in 4th gear that sound is heard until i exceed 70. upon speeding above the sound is gone.
    i get the bike tested by 2 mechanics first one was at Noor Autos near Tabba Heart Hospital. He said k 3rd n 4th gear are worn out. need to put a new gear set to overcome this issue. however he also said k upon opening the engine ho sakta hai aur kharcha nikal aye, so atleast keep 6k to 7k in hand for this task.
    however when i got my bike tested by another mechanic (jis se mera dost apni 125 ko set karata hai, and his point 89 model is in lush form) that mechanic said k its gear shaft is worn out. hardly 700 ka expense hai. it will get fixed else everything in bike is perfect. dont let the engine open by anyone.

what u guys suggest ? or does any one of you knows a better and authentic mechanic to detect n fix this issue.

Overall bike is ok if i ignore the grunting sound that some while 3rd n 4th gear. (sounds like shafts are rolling with friction) plz advice.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for the expense of second mechanic and tell him to give you some time to test that whether the sound is gone or not.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List