Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help Regarding purchasing my first ever bike

Dear members,
    Please guide me regarding purchase of new bike. I have to purchase in this week.

Choice 1: Honda Pridor (zero meter new)
    Choice 2: Yamaha Junoon (2010 model in 50K good condition or 2011 model 55K)

My average drive per week is: 100 KM
    My preference is: a bike with durable long life engine with less maintenace and ease at availability of spare parts and qualified mechanic

It will be my first ever bike and I dont know the 'abc' of engine and bike maintenance.
    Previously, I have used (bike of my brother) Suzuki (80cc) 1982 model for around five years from 2001 to 2006. Finally ALLAH subhana wa'tallah blessed me with savings so that I am able to purchase a bike of my own.
    please guide me and suggest me which bike to purchase. thnx
    regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro go for pridor
    good luck
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for Pridor, It will give you good average if you are a decent rider. Less maintainance cost and you can have more number of qualified mechanics of Honda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx bro hidalgo and talhabinomar for guaidance.
    Please also guide me the Checklist which i should check when purchasing new pridor from showroom.
    And I read in another thread on this forum that stock back tyre should be changed by that of Delux and front with Guari i think... is it necessary? Plus should i go for alignment etc before ride or after sometime. Plus how to register a new bike. I have computerized driving licence and CNIC. please guide. Will i be required to take the bike with me or only the purchase receipt for registration.

thnx for help and regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nomee_46 View Post
    Thnx bro hidalgo and talhabinomar for guaidance.
    Please also guide me the Checklist which i should check when purchasing new pridor from showroom.
    And I read in another thread on this forum that stock back tyre should be changed by that of Delux and front with Guari i think... is it necessary? Plus should i go for alignment etc before ride or after sometime. Plus how to register a new bike. I have computerized driving licence and CNIC. please guide. Will i be required to take the bike with me or only the purchase receipt for registration.

thnx for help and regards,
    First of all I too advise you to go for Pridor due to the fact that Fuel Average, Looks and Road Grip of Pridor is the best one in 100cc motorcycle line in Pakistan.

Your concern regarding the tyre change on the day of purchase is not valid. Pridor has good tyres and road grip so some honrable PW members have changed the tyres according to their needs.

I have done alignment of my Pridor on approx 3000Kms so its also not the point of worrying.
    I have bought the bike from McLeod road Lahore Market with the copy of my CNIC and the dealer charged me more Rs.3500/- for registration of my Pridor. After a weeks time I got the registration receipt and in a months time I got the registration book with file so no hassle at my end.

Regarding your question about the checklist, you should purchase the Pridor by looking it around by focusing its color, stickers, tyres etc as I haven't seen any complaint during purchase.

Finally, if you belong to Lahore, then I am here to go with you for purchasing your Pridor.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx bro racer7 for guidance. It means that we have to collect our registration file/papers from the dearler of purchase of bike and dont have to go to some other place, that is cool. Actually, I have to purchase from Gujranwala. So, I should stick with stock tyres initially. You have solved big tension of mine. Thnx bro.
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    First of all I too advise you to go for Pridor due to the fact that Fuel Average, Looks and Road Grip of Pridor is the best one in 100cc motorcycle line in Pakistan.

Your concern regarding the tyre change on the day of purchase is not valid. Pridor has good tyres and road grip so some honrable PW members have changed the tyres according to their needs.

I have done alignment of my Pridor on approx 3000Kms so its also not the point of worrying.
    I have bought the bike from McLeod road Lahore Market with the copy of my CNIC and the dealer charged me more Rs.3500/- for registration of my Pridor. After a weeks time I got the registration receipt and in a months time I got the registration book with file so no hassle at my end.

Regarding your question about the checklist, you should purchase the Pridor by looking it around by focusing its color, stickers, tyres etc as I haven't seen any complaint during purchase.

Finally, if you belong to Lahore, then I am here to go with you for purchasing your Pridor.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nomee_46 View Post
    Thnx bro racer7 for guidance. It means that we have to collect our registration file/papers from the dearler of purchase of bike and dont have to go to some other place, that is cool. Actually, I have to purchase from Gujranwala. So, I should stick with stock tyres initially. You have solved big tension of mine. Thnx bro.
    regards
    I think giving Rs. 3500 for a 100cc bike is not very justified but look the advantage of it. You will not have to go to excise office, i.e value of your time and the hassle. i know that dealers are charging little more but the conveyance factor is also there. Just go to any showroom with the payment, select the color and right piece. Look into the wheels, whether they are aniline or not. Check the user manuals, check the invoices, check the engine oil and all the electronics and you are good to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    I think giving Rs. 3500 for a 100cc bike is not very justified but look the advantage of it. You will not have to go to excise office, i.e value of your time and the hassle. i know that dealers are charging little more but the conveyance factor is also there. Just go to any showroom with the payment, select the color and right piece. Look into the wheels, whether they are aniline or not. Check the user manuals, check the invoices, check the engine oil and all the electronics and you are good to go.
    @talhabinomar
    bro i had purchased pridor a year ago in 2013. thanks for reply.
    Now in hunt of GS-150
    few of old and new pics of my pridor are attached.
    I paid Rs. 3100/- to Honda showroom for registration and i received my book in around three weeks.

regards
    Attached Images Attached Images                

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List