0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A good looking bike?

I am looking forward to buy a new bike within the next two months! No, not a heavy bike. Just a simple one for around 1 lac or a little more. I was thinking about getting the RAVI PIAGGO as it has a decent shape and looks good. It's going to be my first and I seriously don't care about the top-speed. I just want a smooth and a good looking ride. (do mention the prize!)
    I will have no plans to resell it any sooner!

edit: Also please consider and tell me about the durability of these bikes, the price of repair parts and mileage
    edit 2: my current location is rawalpindi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Afnan2 View Post
    What advantages do I have if I buy Piaggo and what if Deluxe? I have no experience in bikes so I also want a comfortable one!
    buying deluxe, you'll face almost no issues regarding spare parts availability and mechanics...

But it's a little over priced...
    It lacks the additional features that Piaggio has...

Buying Piaggio, you'll have spare parts and proper mechanic issues, it has stylish looks, self start, dipper, gauges (as mentioned by Silver_Knife bhai)...

In looks, Piaggio looks more modern.
    Performance wise, deluxe and Piaggio both are almost equal. Piaggio is getting common here in Lahore too

So, I'll suggest you go for Piaggio

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One point that I would like to raise is that Italians are notoriously bad when it comes to reliability! Look at Alfa Romeo, Ducati's histories and you'll get my point. So sayiing that a bike has italian tech is actually a negative point sorry if I offended someone, just want the poster to know everything

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    One point that I would like to raise is that Italians are notoriously bad when it comes to reliability! Look at Alfa Romeo, Ducati's histories and you'll get my point. So sayiing that a bike has italian tech is actually a negative point sorry if I offended someone, just want the poster to know everything
    I dont agree with your point of view.. Why dont you quote the example of "Vespa". The most reliable product by Piaggio here in Pakistan. And asking about reliability.. ??

Check this thread and trips by me :

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-images-videos

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    I dont agree with your point of view.. Why dont you quote the example of "Vespa". The most reliable product by Piaggio here in Pakistan. And asking about reliability.. ??

Check this thread and trips by me :

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-images-videos
    I'm not talking about the R Piaggio! It must be a very reliable bike because vicky bhai and you have testified for it. I'm just talking in the general sense.. Italians have a bad reputation when it comes to reliability. Just a little fact i thought i'd share.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm not talking about the R Piaggio! It must be a very reliable bike because vicky bhai and you have testified for it. I'm just talking in the general sense.. Italians have a bad reputation when it comes to reliability. Just a little fact i thought i'd share.

I don't think that would be an issue because it's built according to Pakistan standards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its true, they never exposed there racing secrets... and Italians are leading racing motor manufacturers u name it ferraris ? Ducatis.. bennellis ... lot of them ...

but let me clarify some thing here its not a Italian bike (Ravi Paiggio) its a re-Branded Chinese ZongShen Bike which is design in Italy but its complete chain and back up is under chine, the only reason it emerged strong is that Quality control (still not better then Japanese) but far ahead in quality then other local manufacturers..

paiggio is far better styled the Deluxe, and if you are planning for your Young happy Hot looking bike you can go for it being a new bike it will not go down next half a decade if used decently (remember its not a racing bike and it do not beats CG unless modified) and last its second better choice if you talk about quality 1st choice is honda, other japanese like suzuki is not good in 125/150 class.. as far as I see people around.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    its true, they never exposed there racing secrets... and Italians are leading racing motor manufacturers u name it ferraris ? Ducatis.. bennellis ... lot of them ...

but let me clarify some thing here its not a Italian bike (Ravi Paiggio) its a re-Branded Chinese ZongShen Bike which is design in Italy but its complete chain and back up is under chine, the only reason it emerged strong is that Quality control (still not better then Japanese) but far ahead in quality then other local manufacturers..

paiggio is far better styled the Deluxe, and if you are planning for your Young happy Hot looking bike you can go for it being a new bike it will not go down next half a decade if used decently (remember its not a racing bike and it do not beats CG unless modified) and last its second better choice if you talk about quality 1st choice is honda, other japanese like suzuki is not good in 125/150 class.. as far as I see people around.
    Have to agree with you on the R Piaggio's styling It went past me yesterday aur aisa laga tha k something much expensive than R Piaggio has passed.. it has presence and people notice it. Maybe i'll get one! Looking at the CG currently laken i really hate the handle bars on it and the way all the buttons/controls have been cramped into one control panel, looks cheap. Even my sprinter has better handlebar controls

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Deluxe's has both 18 rims so both 18 tyres front & rear

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yea GS/Dlx/RP all have 18' standard front rear..

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Deluxe's has both 18 rims so both 18 tyres front & rear

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay so I think I should go for Piaggo. I'd like to ask again, final question that it wont be difficult to find its parts in rawalpindi and service waghera hojayegi aram se? :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't Be Too Uncertain
    Bismillah karke le lo ek p.w fellows have told you
    pros & cons of both bikes deluxe & piaggio
    jo aapko theek lage woh final decision lo

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Piaggio available at 94K
    Deluxe available at 116k

124cc engine ------------------------------------------------ 124cc engine
    Euro II emission control system ------------------------------ Euro II emission control system
    13 ltr fuel tank ---------------------------------------------- 15 ltr fuel tank
    Fuel average approx 45km/ltr --------------------------------- Fuel average approx 55 KM/ltr
    Front Disk Brake --------------------------------------------- Front Disk Brake
    Front tire 17" rear 18" width 3.0 ------------------------------ Front tire 17" rear 18" width 3.25
    No visible engine oil level gauge ------------------------------ Visible Engine Oil level gauge
    Head light not powered by battery --------------------------- Head light powered by battery(no fluctuations)
    So the head light is on even when engine is off

Rear brake shoe width 0.8 inch ------------------------------- Rear brake shoe width 1.1 inch(better braking)
    Kick starter ------------------------------------------------- Kick starter + self starter
    No dedicated dipper switch ---------------------------------- Dedicated dipper switch at a convenient place
    Dry weight 110kg ------------------------------------------ - Dry weight 121kg
    Fuel gauge on speedometer --------------------------------- Fuel gauge on speedometer
    Available in Black & Red colors ------------------------------- Available in Black, Red, Silver, Grey
    Japanese Technology --------------------------------------- Italian Technology
    Top speed 110 checked ------------------------------------- Top Speed 106kmph (as checked myself on GPS)
    No parking light --------------------------------------------- Parking light (even usable when bike is locked)
    Euro II introduced in 2010 model ----------------------------- Euro II introduced in 2007
    Shorter wheelbase than Piaggio ------------------------------ Longer wheelbase and great suspension
    Nice comparision..

In looks piaggio has no parallel..
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will suggest before buying test drive both of them in the market so you can get better and clear idea which bike you should go for.
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay so I think I should go for Piaggo. I'd like to ask again, final question that it wont be difficult to find its parts in rawalpindi and service waghera hojayegi aram se? :p
    Yes, spare parts and service is an issue of Ravi Piaggio

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Piaggio at its price provides far more value for money than Deluxe at 116k Rupees.

Even if Piaggio starts costing the same, it'll be still hell LOT better than what Deluxe offers.

The ONLY reason i like Deluxe is because of its Riding position. Gives "YOU" control over your bike.

Don't get me wrong. Piaggio has a great riding position too, makes the rider PART of the Bike Itself, giving it a bit more ... sporty look.

BUT thats not what "I" want.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toss kar lay Bhai
    “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hahahahaha

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dont get confused affan you now know the pro/cons.. now swing to market have a test ride of GS/CG/DLX/Paiggio ... then you will not chose the bike ... "THE BIKE WILL CHOOSE ITS RIDER ITSELF" you will never be able to make a decision let the bike do it for you ... I am very sure the main competition will be in CG and Paiggio ... because Kaaba meray pechay hai,kalesa meray agay ... after tiding you will be more confident what you really want..

PS. you will be really pissed by no beat and tone of Piaggio.. its a completly mute bike in comparison to thundering CG.

for spare parts and those things you can get in touch with @omer85 he also live in Islamabad and has a good knowledge about it..

-hope it helps.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    dont get confused affan you now know the pro/cons.. now swing to market have a test ride of GS/CG/DLX/Paiggio ... then you will not chose the bike ... "THE BIKE WILL CHOOSE ITS RIDER ITSELF" .

A good looking bike? - tumblr m8dnzxYDVP1qjxyn4
    A good looking bike? -1150956
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Jokes apart....Vicki is right.......I hope you know how to ride.......try the honda and Ravi first........comparison on paper will not suffice...... compare than in the real world.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List