1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Should i convert my bike ?

Salam to all members. guys i have purchased a CG-125 point model 1991, Sialkot Registered bike. in mint condition. body wise its really perfect neat n clean. engine is also soundless. although the gear box generates some sound while running in 3rd gear. m planning to get a new gear box installed.

i need advice. should i get the bike converted to CDI ? my mechenic said k almost 2.5k ka expense hai. need ur valueable advices in this regards. also can anyone tell me the advantages / dis-advantages in CDI vs Point systems in CG125.

awaiting for ur advices n opinions.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Point has the advantage of better ride during high rpms. As the rpm increases, point can produce the required current to level more current need at higher speeds. CDI unit has a limit to produce current.

CDI is better in engine start (better cold start), better fuel efficiency, better pick. Less maintenance as compare to point.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator1983 View Post
    Salam to all members. guys i have purchased a CG-125 point model 1991, Sialkot Registered bike. in mint condition. body wise its really perfect neat n clean. engine is also soundless. although the gear box generates some sound while running in 3rd gear. m planning to get a new gear box installed.

i need advice. should i get the bike converted to CDI ? my mechenic said k almost 2.5k ka expense hai. need ur valueable advices in this regards. also can anyone tell me the advantages / dis-advantages in CDI vs Point systems in CG125.

awaiting for ur advices n opinions.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ Ignition systems are not about more current on high RPMS but the precise current according to engine RPM.
    @Predator1983

The only advantge of Point system is to the people who used to modify/alter their engines as they can manualy adjust the ingition timing. But beleive me the approach usualy adopted is just based on hit & trail & only focused for short term benifit etc. and is far away from proper calculations, durability, realaibilty & safety aspects. so if u wana ride ur bike in away it is suppose to then u shud go for conversion to CDI system as it it realy worth. Just make sure that ur mechnaic uses genuine parts for this upgartation.
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imranbhatti View Post
    ^ Ignition systems are not about more current on high RPMS but the precise current according to engine RPM.
    @Predator1983

The only advantge of Point system is to the people who used to modify/alter their engines as they can manualy adjust the ingition timing. But beleive me the approach usualy adopted is just based on hit & trail & only focused for short term benifit etc. and is far away from proper calculations, durability, realaibilty & safety aspects. so if u wana ride ur bike in away it is suppose to then u shud go for conversion to CDI system as it it realy worth. Just make sure that ur mechnaic uses genuine parts for this upgartation.
    The Mechenic is advising to utilize china parts for the conversion. As genuine parts are not that durable as they were in past. however finding a used genuine part in karachi Kabar market is quite headache. however m planning to get CDI conversion with china parts. as the parts used in Unique UD125 are quite durable and cheap.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok then i will advise u to keep ur original ingnition setup with you for some time & if u find the perfomance satisfactory than u can sell the old parts.
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List