Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Who says achieving 1000 kilometers is a must for complete break in process.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Who says achieving 1000 kilometers is a must for complete break in process.

Update: Breaking procedure is a must i was wrong earlier. Almost everyone around me used to say bike rawa ho ke ati hai. I always wondered how can this be possible. They can't run each and every bike on dynos for 1000 kilometers. In a factory after the bike is completely assembled they start it up and check all gears for hard 30 seconds. This is done by quality control workers. All new metal parts in a new engine require smooth finish and proper facing with each other for better engine life and performance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza__ali View Post
    And what if you don't get your bike tuned for like the first 3000 kilometers, and drive it normally?? Will
    this effect something?
    (Asking for information.)
    With a brand new Honda bike comes 2 free tuning cards. Not getting you bike tuned is not good. As per Honda's manaul getting your bike tuned at sharp 1000 is a must. First oil change at 500 kilometers and second oil change at 1000 kilometers along with proper tuning. Tuning mai make they tight almost each and every nut bolt. Specially the engine and frame ones. Adjust mixture on carb for peak performance and mileage. Not to rich no to lean it should be 50/50. Also getting the air filter washed at 1000 kilometers and before installing it make sure they soak the filter foam in fresh oil and make sure all excess oil is out of the filter foam before installing it in the bike. Plugs don't need to be changed. Change plug once every 10000 kilometers. Honda plugs are quality NGK plugs. Just get them out and inspect. If their jet black your carb needs to be tuned properly and get the plug changed. If it's light brown things are perfectly fine. My CG has clocked 600. Did first oil change at 500 kilometers. Changed oil all by myself. Used Liqui Moly oil. German oil and as far as i know best oil available in market for our bikes. 650 ka liter hai but you don't need to change LM oil before 2000 kilometers. All other oils like Havoline and Shell have to be changed at 1000 kilometers. 350 RS ka koi dusra brand lene se behtar hai buy LM oil for 650 RS. And 2000 kilometer pe drain karo. Sasta parta hai and LM oil is better for your bike's engine. Pure quality.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza__ali View Post
    And what if you don't get your bike tuned for like the first 3000 kilometers, and drive it normally?? Will
    this effect something?
    (Asking for information.)
    If you didn't get your bike tuned nothing can be done. If your bike is going fine relax. Just make sure you do regular and proper maintenance work.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xarak View Post
    If you didn't get your bike tuned nothing can be done. If your bike is going fine relax. Just make sure you do regular and proper maintenance work.
    Thanks for the reply and there's nothing like that. I am just collecting info!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xarak View Post
    It's bike related question nothing off topic yaar feel free to ask such questions. When you break hard do the wheels lock? If they lock then your brake shoes are perfectly fine. Don't just buy any brake shoes from the market. Buy original brake shoes from authorized Honda dealership for peak performance. You can easily get them from any 5S dealership of Honda. Also when getting brake shoes change make sure the mechanic sands the inside of the drum properly and it's all smooth from inside.
    Tyres only lock when i am riding alone,but when some one comes with me on the bike,brakes are shitty.one thing i get superb braking performance when i wash my bike.but after some time,again fazool brakes.
    Yp the brakes were sanded but he just removed the dust from the drum.he done this job in less then 10 sec

Sent from my iPhone 4S using PW Forums mobile app
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

User Tag List