Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree29Likes
  • 2 Post By BlueHorn
  • 6 Post By r1
  • 2 Post By vickytulla
  • 1 Post By N0m1
  • 2 Post By ssamm86
  • 2 Post By amjad635
  • 2 Post By Xarak
  • 2 Post By Xarak
  • 2 Post By BlueHorn
  • 3 Post By jadoon1992_vxlimited
  • 2 Post By ha125
  • 3 Post By uzi602

Thread: Who says changing oil is a must in first 1000 kilometers?

  1. #1
    Site Banned Follow
    Xarak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    498
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Question Who says changing oil is a must in first 1000 kilometers?

    Not many of you would be knowing that i sold my CG 125 Euro 2 and bought a brand new Unique 125.So far my bike has clocked 280.This time i am doing proper break in.Never went above 50 KMP/H.Now the thing is on the engine there is a sticker.It says during 1000 kilometers don't go beyond 50 which i am following but OMG it's asking me to change oil every 300 kilometers till it clocks 1000.Only 20 kilometers is left for the bike to clock 300.Now when i took out the oil gauge the oil is golden in color.Not as good as new but one can say will easily complete 1000 kilometers.On the engine it also says clean the strainer on every oil change.Clean it with what?Now if i get my oil changed at 300 is it fine or i would be wasting money?Will share pictures of my bike soon.


  2. #2
    Site Banned Follow
    BlueHorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear, it is not necessary to change engine oil before or at 1000kms. Keep using the engine oil and check every 1000kms to see if oil is reducing. When oil starts reducing it is time to change the engine oil. I think first change should be done at 3000kms. After that you can continue to change oil at 3000kms. If you add STP (engine oil solution) in your engine along with engine oil (900ml engine oil 100ml STP) then you can change next oil after 5000kms

    Changing oil at 1000kms is a myth BUSTED indeed

  3. #3
    r1
    r1 is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    r1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Quetta
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,084
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Change it at 10000kms and make a history..
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,421
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    :-D well said ... Go Soldier .. make a history! infact a Mystery!

    Quote Originally Posted by r1 View Post
    Change it at 10000kms and make a history..
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    N0m1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,056
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Pta bhi hy sab kuch phir bhi khud ko uljhany wali bat hy bhai.
    Ap ko bhi pta hi hoga k new engine main parts ny apas main settle hona hota hy or grinding bhi hoti hy parts ki apas main.
    Even jab chotay sa kam kam krwa k dubara engine band kro or first time oil change kro to us main silver particles bhi hoty hain(Strong sign that parts experienced grinding for settling between.)
    So don't confuse your self more.
    When I change my bike's engine oil at 1000km the oil seems 100% sticky & fine but it can't be fine we know.

    So don't confuse your self more.Change your beloved bike's oil at 300km for it's long life.
    Wese bhi suna hy bike maion jo oil ata hy wo itna Hi-Fi ni hota.

    Congrats for your new 125.
    BTW y u sold new CG125???
    I Am the Feel
    I Am The Yamaha!

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    ssamm86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    25
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dude it should be changed. don't be misguided by the color of the oil.
    mobiloil also works as a cleaning agent which cleans micro particles off different parts
    which are left on parts due to wear n tear.
    use a good quality mobileoil and change it when you feel it needs to be changed.
    1500 - 2000kms for genuine imported brands such as Kixx, Valvoline etc
    and if you use local brands Blaze, AHL mobiloil etc
    use it for 800-1000 kms.
    changing mobiloil after every 300 kms before 1000 kms makes sense but not to go above 50 km/hr
    is non-sense. they don't trust their assembling lol

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xarak View Post
    Not many of you would be knowing that i sold my CG 125 Euro 2 and bought a brand new Unique 125.So far my bike has clocked 280.This time i am doing proper break in.Never went above 50 KMP/H.Now the thing is on the engine there is a sticker.It says during 1000 kilometers don't go beyond 50 which i am following but OMG it's asking me to change oil every 300 kilometers till it clocks 1000.Only 20 kilometers is left for the bike to clock 300.Now when i took out the oil gauge the oil is golden in color.Not as good as new but one can say will easily complete 1000 kilometers.On the engine it also says clean the strainer on every oil change.Clean it with what?Now if i get my oil changed at 300 is it fine or i would be wasting money?Will share pictures of my bike soon.
    Remove that fuzool sticker on engine which says about changing engine oil, Bus Chalaate Jaao
    yeh toh enki paise kamaani ki tricks aap bus bike chalaate jaao bike ko engine oil ki zaroorat nahein hote
    yeh jo company ka oil hota hai woh lifetime ke liye hota hai

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,474
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    if i were in place of you .. i would do first change at 300 then second after 800km then i would do after every 1200 and would use castrol active 4t .. i have long used attock oil then shell then havoline but using castrol is much better .. it can esily do upto 1500kms ..

    but its better to change it after 1200 ..

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    mqsdrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    557
    Follows
    0
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    Dear, it is not necessary to change engine oil before or at 1000kms. Keep using the engine oil and check every 1000kms to see if oil is reducing. When oil starts reducing it is time to change the engine oil. I think first change should be done at 3000kms. After that you can continue to change oil at 3000kms. If you add STP (engine oil solution) in your engine along with engine oil (900ml engine oil 100ml STP) then you can change next oil after 5000kms

    Changing oil at 1000-kms is a myth BUSTED indeed
    100% agree I am using in my Honda Deluxe 125 & change it after 3000km to 4000km


    Kixx PAO is a synthetic engine oil based on the Tri-Synthetic formula including PAO (polyalphaolefin). Satisfying the American Petroleum Institute (API) performance standards and European standards, Kixx PAO is suitable for all vehicle types that run on gasoline, diesel (including RVs) and LPG. Comprised of Kixx PAO 1 0W-30, 0W-40, Kixx PAO 5W-30, and Kixx PAO 5W-40, the Kixx PAO lineup boasts superior oxidation stability, delivers a smooth and comfortable ride, and provides complete engine protection.

    Formulated with 100% PAO synthetic base stocks, Kixx PAO 1 0W-30 is the official engine oil of Kixx PAO Racing Team sponsored by GS Caltex. That is, its superiority is verified through use in racing machines. PAO is the abbreviation of polyalphaolefin. It is a high-grade synthetic base oil mainly used in aircraft engine oils. The chemical molecular structure is artificially synthesized to enable superior performance compared to regular mineral base oil in terms of low temperature fluidity, oxidation stability and thermal stability, all of which are important items in engine oil performance tests.
    Applications

    - All vehicles with gasoline, automotive diesel or LPG engines produced in Korea
    - Luxury imported cars such as Benz, BMW and Lexus
    - High-performance, gasoline-powered cars with DOHC, EFI and VVT
    - Motorcycles with four-stroke engines powered by gasoline
    - Vehicles fitted with exhaust gas reduction (DPF, CPF)
    - Vehicles fitted with a turbocharger/intercooler
    - High-performance, high-horsepower sports cars
    - Sports driving vehicles
    - Vehicles to prolong the lubricant change interval
    - Small sedans, RVs and SUVs
    - Kixx PAO 1 0W-30: API SM, ACEA C2-08, ACEA A1/B1, A5/B5-08
    - Kixx PAO 1 0W-40: API SN/CF, ACEA A1/B1, A5/B5, C3, BMW Longlife, VW 502/505
    - Kixx PAO 5W-30, 5W-40: API SM/CF, ACEA A3/B3-08, A3/B4-08, C3-04, Benz MB 229.51, Volkswagen VW 502/505, BMW Longlife-01, 04, Porsche

    Performance

    - Significantly reduces particulate buildup due to superior oxidation stability to keep the engine oil cleaner for a longer time
    - Kinematic viscosity at 100℃ is higher versus competing products in its class, so sufficient oil film is formed during initial operation to reduce engine wear; maintains the lubricating film at appropriate levels even in high temperatures during driving for a smooth and stable ride
    - Very little viscosity reduction caused by prolonged use thanks to outstanding shear stability, meaning minimum friction to ensure superior lubricity
    - Superior performance when starting a vehicle in extreme cold with temperatures below minus -50℃; viscosity is maintained in high temperatures so that appropriate lubricating film is formed inside the engine
    - Improvement in fuel economy and noise reduction

    Overview of Kixx PAO

    "Kixx is the engine oil brand name from GS Caltex. Kixx is derived from the English word 'kick' and embodies the meanings of fast, strong and dynamic. Kixx PAO is GS Caltex's top-tier product representing the company's advanced engine oil technology. Kixx PAO is recognized in Korea and around the world for its superior quality levels."

  10. #10
    Site Banned Follow
    Xarak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    498
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    Dear, it is not necessary to change engine oil before or at 1000kms. Keep using the engine oil and check every 1000kms to see if oil is reducing. When oil starts reducing it is time to change the engine oil. I think first change should be done at 3000kms. After that you can continue to change oil at 3000kms. If you add STP (engine oil solution) in your engine along with engine oil (900ml engine oil 100ml STP) then you can change next oil after 5000kms

    Changing oil at 1000kms is a myth BUSTED indeed
    A brand new bike never reduces oil.Color of oil goes dark.Never use STP in a bike's engine.STP is made for car engines.The oil we put in our bikes also lubricates gear box.And STP can mess it up.Slipping of clutch will occur for sure.

  11. #11
    Site Banned Follow
    Xarak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    498
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r1 View Post
    Change it at 10000kms and make a history..
    Give me your bike.I will try it for sure

  12. #12
    Site Banned Follow
    Xarak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    498
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N0m1 View Post
    Pta bhi hy sab kuch phir bhi khud ko uljhany wali bat hy bhai.
    Ap ko bhi pta hi hoga k new engine main parts ny apas main settle hona hota hy or grinding bhi hoti hy parts ki apas main.
    Even jab chotay sa kam kam krwa k dubara engine band kro or first time oil change kro to us main silver particles bhi hoty hain(Strong sign that parts experienced grinding for settling between.)
    So don't confuse your self more.
    When I change my bike's engine oil at 1000km the oil seems 100% sticky & fine but it can't be fine we know.

    So don't confuse your self more.Change your beloved bike's oil at 300km for it's long life.
    Wese bhi suna hy bike maion jo oil ata hy wo itna Hi-Fi ni hota.

    Congrats for your new 125.
    BTW y u sold new CG125???
    LOL i bought a brand new CG125 Euro 2 again.I was missing Honda's comfort

  13. #13
    Site Banned Follow
    BlueHorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xarak View Post
    A brand new bike never reduces oil.Color of oil goes dark.Never use STP in a bike's engine.STP is made for car engines.The oil we put in our bikes also lubricates gear box.And STP can mess it up.Slipping of clutch will occur for sure.
    bro you are absolutely right. Kindly refer to Amjad bro's reply as below

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Remove that fuzool sticker on engine which says about changing engine oil, Bus Chalaate Jaao
    yeh toh enki paise kamaani ki tricks aap bus bike chalaate jaao bike ko engine oil ki zaroorat nahein hote
    yeh jo company ka oil hota hai woh lifetime ke liye hota hai

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jadoon1992_vxlimited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,391
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    sir congrats on purchasing the cg again but why are you so confused about the running and changing engine oil? . you can spend 100k to purchase a bike but not spend 800 rs to change the engine oil twice? never compromise on engine oil. better spend 400 rs to change engine oil than spending much more money to overhaul the engine at 20k kilometres
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ha125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    21
    Posts
    3,132
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadoon1992_vxlimited View Post
    sir congrats on purchasing the cg again but why are you so confused about the running and changing engine oil? . you can spend 100k to purchase a bike but not spend 800 rs to change the engine oil twice? never compromise on engine oil. better spend 400 rs to change engine oil than spending much more money to overhaul the engine at 20k kilometres
    @Xarak bhai
    This one is currently the best reply answer to your thread. Please consider it

    Sent from my LT26i using PW Forums mobile app

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    uzi602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Abha
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,155
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Changing Engine oil is a must bro. Follow the manual to keep your ride healthy and trouble free
    “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.”

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    hello321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default change oil is important

    the oil must be changed,,,but i disagree with 50km/h speed...after 300 km u can take the speed up to 60....during first 1000kms...ur bike engine is actually building....if ur engine is not properly build...then big problem

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •