Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help, 350-500cc self starter engine required

Assalam alaikum,
    Need a self starter engine to put on a custom honda xr 500 (dual sport) chasis. should be minimum 350cc and max upto 550cc..
    idealy a single or twin cylinder and self start is a must. Please guide what engines can go with it.

My bike had its original 1981 500cc single cylinder engine, rebuilt it on a span of 5 months. And when its done firstly the starter kick is so stiff that you need a JUG full lassi along with tandoori chicken daily to start it, and secondly not having the confidence on engine for longer routes (which was the main idea for building this bike).. the engine is too old and cant stop the wear and tear and oil leaks.

so now looking for some other options in terms of a new and stable engine to make the bike efficient and reliable.
    heres the pic of similiar chasis of mine
    HELP!! 350cc  500cc self starter engine required -1235261
    Last year i tried my best to get a new engine before rebuilding the old one. tried all the dealers at karachi market including saleem and others at ranchor line, got to chacha, nadeem bhai and all others, went to lahore at gunj market but was failed and then rebuild my old engine. So this year after failing at that again looking for a new engine. PLss help and guide in detail.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yasir: when did you lasted visited Saleem ?

at his shop 2Months back I saw a KTM single cylinder in a very good nick... I think it was more than 200cc.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey kamran thanks for the reply.
    Yeah its been long since i visited the market, for sure i'll call or visit saleem and chk if any new options available. Upto my last surverys, yeah there were 250cc single cylinders available even i bought one (it was off some raptor chinese) and put it onto xl250 which was a very good decision and now its up and running since an year with no issues.
    but above 250cc cant find any.
    the chasis of xr500 is heavier and we strongly doubt about wight isto power ratio in putting a 250.. so need atleast 350cc or higher.
    anyhow i have decided to revisit and recheck all my contacts again to find some other newer better stronger options, hence this thread.. please keep it alive and help me put my bike together again. Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Found this on a china business website
    HELP!! 350cc  500cc self starter engine required -1235381
    specs are Motorcycle Engine (SE500) - China 500cc Engine, Engine Parts
    have mailed them for details, wish if they reply back with positive feedback on shipment :I

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

these are very high quality engines ... if some body knows how to import them its a Treat!

Quote Originally Posted by yasirzxc View Post
    Found this on a china business website
    HELP!! 350cc  500cc self starter engine required -1235381
    specs are Motorcycle Engine (SE500) - China 500cc Engine, Engine Parts
    have mailed them for details, wish if they reply back with positive feedback on shipment :I
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla .. i've mailed them couple of times.. but no reply .. well got few contacts who are frequent in china.. lets see if they can help..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Plz plz plz do update us if u r able to contact them

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have seen one of theses engine put to extreme work in kach desert, where army use quad bikes for night time petrolling along with trail bikes, army men who were using those quads were brutlly using them and there metal like boots were crucifing the bikes beauty but engines were just two good to brag a 6+feet heavy rider along petrol Canisters and machine Gun on sand dunes... it was first time I saw some good Chinese products. company was LIFAN

Quote Originally Posted by yasirzxc View Post
    @vickytulla .. i've mailed them couple of times.. but no reply .. well got few contacts who are frequent in china.. lets see if they can help..
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    these are very high quality engines ... if some body knows how to import them its a Treat!
    The link you shared is of a B2B website which means they only deal in bulk. Some of them are desperate and they do deal on smaller quantities so there is no harm in trying.

If you found this SE500 engine on Made-in-China.com - Connecting Buyers with China Manufacturers, Suppliers & Products im pretty sure you will find one on Tradekey.com. Its a pakistani website where you will find chinese exporters..... as the staff is pakistani you can talk to them and they can help importing this engine.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no man, I actually tried, these lot and lot of dealer on china b2b sites are mostly brokers and commission agents, and some of them are fake and dont have they product they catch customer and then buy it of the shelf and send or may be just vanish!

They only legitimate way is to introduce a third party auditor inside the deal, as Alibaba chinese site offers there own auditors, I found three deals to be attractive on alibaba charged offered me audting untill the product is exported from 15~100$ but as I continued there intial recommendation and auditing indicated all three deals were turned out to be fake.

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    The link you shared is of a B2B website which means they only deal in bulk. Some of them are desperate and they do deal on smaller quantities so there is no harm in trying.

If you found this SE500 engine on Made-in-China.com - Connecting Buyers with China Manufacturers, Suppliers & Products im pretty sure you will find one on Tradekey.com. Its a pakistani website where you will find chinese exporters..... as the staff is pakistani you can talk to them and they can help importing this engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no man, I actually tried, these lot and lot of dealer on china b2b sites are mostly brokers and commission agents, and some of them are fake and dont have they product they catch customer and then buy it of the shelf and send or may be just vanish!

They only legitimate way is to introduce a third party auditor inside the deal, as Alibaba chinese site offers there own auditors, I found three deals to be attractive on alibaba charged offered me audting untill the product is exported from 15~100$ but as I continued there intial recommendation and auditing indicated all three deals were turned out to be fake.
    To minimize the risk...always deal with paid premium members of these B2B websites and the problem with these paid premium members is that they will only deal in bulk. Some premium members are sometimes desperate and will deal retail customers. Rule of thumb....... paid members are not brokers or comission agents. Yes you are right about the escrow services offered by Alibaba. What I meant by recommending Tradekey.com (Pakistani Website) is that you can save the escrow services by asking Tradekey customer support department to help you find a legit supplier who agree on your terms and quantity required.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla......bro if u plan to order, plz do create a separate thread for it......whoever wants to get that engine should let u know and then a sizeable number of engines may be ordered....count me in

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dr.omair View Post
    @vickytulla......bro if u plan to order, plz do create a separate thread for it......whoever wants to get that engine should let u know and then a sizeable number of engines may be ordered....count me in
    Chinese engines are really cheap if you buy in bulk. do you know the 78cc chonda engine cost around $45 in a China. Add to that freight, duty and other taxes..... Im pretty sure this 500cc engine wont cost more than $200.......pata nahi landed cost kya hogi?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I tried this last year and on finding input from Alibab auditors that the vendors are fake I backed off from trading via internet, one of a friend who import machines (sewing and Flex printing) has a planned trip to China in this winter and he is ready to bring engines in his container so I am looking forward to him I will let every body know becuase we would he would have plenty of space in his container, and we will get price estimates before importing to see if it is really feasable enough to to it in first place.

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    Chinese engines are really cheap if you buy in bulk. do you know the 78cc chonda engine cost around $45 in a China. Add to that freight, duty and other taxes..... Im pretty sure this 500cc engine wont cost more than $200.......pata nahi landed cost kya hogi?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

secondly I am not into 500C Big Bore diggers... rather I am more into smaller bores (less custome less duty) but highly engineered engines with more Horse Power...

I plan to import at least two engines ..

1 - one is a 250cc 25+HP 4 valve DOHC 6speed engine (for experiment on Dlx/Paiggio/PowerPlus)
    HELP!! 350cc  500cc self starter engine required -1245223

HELP!! 350cc  500cc self starter engine required -1245224

2 - Second is ZongShen - 160cc 15HP 5Speed engine for testing on a scraped CD70/Chonda 80.

HELP!! 350cc  500cc self starter engine required -1245228

I have done detailed home work on them and I have tried a dongben 125cc engine on CD70 already results were astonishing but i didnt created a spreate thread becuase I had bigger plans like the above so I will do let every body know InshALLAH.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wow.....this 250cc engine with 25+ horse power is amazing....I'd myself go for it instead of the 500cc one......this wud go well on my gs 150....right vickitulla?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

exactly.... I will sure let u know when I will get a green signal.

Wow.....this 250cc engine with 25+ horse power is amazing....I'd myself go for it instead of the 500cc one......this wud go well on my gs 150....right vickitulla?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA i have two questions vickytulla
    1. what is the cost of both engines?
    2. can they be easily registered or will it be a hassle?
    if registration hassle is low then i would buy the 250 cc engine and could probably fit it on frame of deluxe and the rest as they will say is history

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nom125 View Post
    AOA i have two questions vickytulla
    1. what is the cost of both engines?
    2. can they be easily registered or will it be a hassle?
    if registration hassle is low then i would buy the 250 cc engine and could probably fit it on frame of deluxe and the rest as they will say is history

dont know the price axim has indicated some figures but I dont know yet untill I find some good source.

Registration is easy as long as you have a registered donner bike.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dont know the price axim has indicated some figures but I dont know yet untill I find some good source.

Registration is easy as long as you have a registered donner bike.
    The prices I quoted were bulk prices.......im pretty sure they wont offer the same prices if you buy 1 or 2 units. Importers who bring in containers of these 70cc engines to Pakistan pay around 45 dollar to the manufacturer in China.

Another cheap trick of individual buyers is to ask for a "sample" before they give the manufacturer the BIG order.... if you are in China visiting a factory they even give away the stuff for free if you ask for a sample. Ppl do that....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List