228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Motorcycle Engine Oils

Aslam Alikum, Immediately seeing the title you may have said this oh not again again one more thread
    for engine oil but guys please bear this one too purpose of creating this thread is to share the range
    of motorcycle engine oils available in market and for this i want your valuable co-operation as i would
    share engine oils & their pics which obviously will show the specification but i have access to only few oils
    which i have used or which are available in my city
    i can't access all engine oils so that is why i request all of you if you have used an engine oil or you have pics of
    bottle you should share here & share your review about that particular oil
    Your sharing matters alot as i alone can't collect all info about engine oils available in market

As i just said in last line of first paragraph your co-operation is important in helping me out
    to collect info about engine oils available in market but also i need your help in Engine oils subject As i am not expert in Oils
    if we search on net this subject is too deep so want to know your info about these important terms in engine oils
    this thread will be useless if it does not have any details info about specification terms
    so kindly if you find some good info on net share here

*API
    *JASO
    *Viscosity
    *SAE Viscosity Numbers 10w40,20w40,20w50 or SAE40
    *Single Grade & Multi Grade
    *Mineral & Synthetic/Semi synthetic
    Etc notify if there are some other important terms

The Sole purpose of this thread is to collect info about engine oil available in market
    *Specifications/price & *Picture

^Sharing some basic info which i know as par my bike

API in simple word an company which gives certificates of quality to engine oil
    so always look for this API label oil but some manufactures recommends JASO
    But most motorcycle manufactures in pakistan as the big one
    AHl recommends to use engine Oil with API SG,SF,SE or higher grade
    you should look your bike manual for the details about your bike

Viscosity of oil is shown in the SAE numbers
    most oils nowadays available in market are multigrade
    first number which is followed by W (winter) shows the oil viscosity at low temp:
    lower this number thinner the oil be at lower temp:
    2nd number shows the viscosity of oil at high temp 100c: higher the number thicker the oil
    20w40 oil will remain less thick at 100c as compare to 20w50
    my bike manual says 20w40 is good all rounder for pakistani conditions
    but depending on the temp user can choose which oil suits engine more

Now Lets Start Sharing Some Engine Oil Brand Which I Know Or Remember

Shell

AX3 20w50 0.7lt & 1.0lt (Pic on post #3)
    AX5 15w40 1.0lt (Pic on post #234)

Caltex

Havoline 20w40 0.7lt (#1986)
    Havoline 20w50 1.0lt
    Castrol

Go 20w40 0.7lt (Pics on #146)
    Active 20w50 0.7lt & 1.0lt ( Pics on #155)
    Gtx 20w50 1.0lt (Pics on #357)

Atlas Honda

Atlas Engine Oils (Pics on #948, #1054)

Yamaha Lube

Yamalube 20w50 (#1727)

Servo

M2 30/40 0.7lt & 1.0lt
    M5 20w50 0.7lt & 1.0lt (Pics on #14)

Dyl Lube

Dyl Lube 20w50 0.7lt & 0.8lt & 1.0lt (Pic on #4)

Suzuki SGO Oil

Suzuki Genuine Oil 10w40 (Pic on #106)

Zic Lubricants -
    (Offers Online Purchase From Official Site)
    Zic M5 20w40
    Zic M7 10w40 (#1557)

PSO Oil

Pso Blaze 4t 20w50

Total Lube

Total HI-Perf 20w40 (#1233)
    Total Hi-Perf 10w40

Master Lubricants

Master Xtra 4t-MCO 20w40

Imported Engine Oils

Kixx (Korean)

Kixx Ultra 20w50 1.0lt (Pics on #154)
    Kixx Semi Synthetic 20w50 (#1406)

Liqui Moly (Germany)

Racing 4t 20w50 1.0lt (Pic on #11, 219. 302,
    )
    Racing Semi Synthetic 10w40 (#1244)

Repsol Moto 4t 20w50 (#1270)

Valvoline Champ 4t 20w50 (USA) (#1040)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Zic 4t 10w40

As its winter so i thought its good time to give a one more try to Zic 4t 10w40
    most of us here don't have very good experience with this oil in Summer
    and i guess its reason was being thinner oil but i think Zic has finally listened to the complain
    and criticism on their product and there is now 20w40 also available from Zic today i bought the Zic 10w40
    as its winter so i thought lets try one more time Zic 10w40 so that is why i chose 10w40
    My bike manufacture recommends to use 20w40 as its all rounder in pakistani conditions
    and no doubt it does work very good and now its good to have 20w40 from Zic also

Price told by shopkeeper to me today
    Zic 10w40 = 400
    Zic 20w40 = 380

Motorcycle Engine Oils -1337813

Motorcycle Engine Oils -1337814

Motorcycle Engine Oils -1337823

Motorcycle Engine Oils -1337824

First ride experience after changing oil its ok ride unfortunate i did not give attention to engine idle
    sound while it was filled with AHl oil but it do certainly feel engine is bit noisy at idle would have been 100%
    sure to tell if i had given some attention to engine sound before switching to Zic but clearly feel its slightly noisy
    baaqi in riding it bike seems smooth as it just has gotten fresh oil will share further experience and update
    this post after riding it for more km's quality wise Zic oils does seems good inshAllah in future will give try to Zic 20w40

Final Experience About Zic 10w40 Again Disappointed

Here it is my final experience about this Zic oil again i am very disappointed
    my first ride after changing oil was just 3km drive to my home but in the evening took
    out my bike and went on to check performance of bike i am disappointed with the response of bike
    i checked the acceleration of bike and dragged gears simply i am quite clearly noticing the difference in ride
    when AHl 20w40 API SG oil was in bike its ride was better excellent acceleration and overall response from bike
    was great but now with Zic 10w40 API SJ i can feel its not performing to its best my bike is excellently tuned by mechanic
    and these days its been performing to its best peak performance

This is going to be quickest change of my bike just 10km
    and these are enough for me to decide AHl 20w40 is definitely better choice as compare to this Zic oil
    from now on its big No to Zic's this particular oil we know how it performs worst in summer but i am not
    satisfied with its performance even in winter obviously i did not feel heat issue i have not went on long drive
    but i guess there would be no issue of heat in winter i felt no extra engine heat from bike its perfect
    but i did not like the performance of bike with this oil and luckily its great time to check engine oil as i said above
    my bike is an perfect mode and it clearly has liked AHl oil more and did not like this ZIc 10w40
    InshAllah tomorrow will drain this oil and go back to AHl 20w40 baaqi in future inshAllah will give try to Zic 20w40
    at this time i can't take risk again to try Zic no matter its 20w40

15th Jan: Today Drained Oil Switched Back To AHl 20w40

So today morning went and drained Zic oil believe me guys this is the first time ever
    i have felt this much difference between two local oils we know those who have tried LM
    how much immediate difference we feel in ride but this first time ever i am feeling this much
    difference between two local engine oils this Zic oil highly un recommended from my side to anyone who
    is using in pridor or i will say in any bike specially honda bikes you guys must be little bit confused
    as i have above mentioned quality wise Zic oils does seems good well that i was referring to originality of
    product but performance wise it has really performed poor in my bike and this was the quickest oil change of
    my history just at 10km believe engine was not performing as it should it was not generating the acceleration
    and power which it is now performing when i have again shifted back to AHl oil now things are pretty clear
    for me i am 100% sure about difference in ride when there was Zic in bike definitely with AHl oil
    my bikes overall ride is much better and its performing very good with this oil as it should
    i have tried other engine oils also in my bike as shell & castrol but this was comparison test between
    AHl oil and Zic 10w40 and i can say other oils have performed good also but Zic is clearly spotted as culprit
    in my bike pridor 100

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys updated the above post and added my final experience

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb

dear friend

kudos for a great thread.please recommend an oil for Kawasaki GTO 125 and Yamaha 100. I really look forward and would appreciate your kind advice .

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    As its winter so i thought its good time to give a one more try to Zic 4t 10w40
    most of us here don't have very good experience with this oil in Summer
    and i guess its reason was being thinner oil but i think Zic has finally listened to the complain
    and criticism on their product and there is now 20w40 also available from Zic today i bought the Zic 10w40
    as its winter so i thought lets try one more time Zic 10w40 so that is why i chose 10w40
    My bike manufacture recommends to use 20w40 as its all rounder in pakistani conditions
    and no doubt it does work very good and now its good to have 20w40 from Zic also

Price told by shopkeeper to me today
    Zic 10w40 = 400
    Zic 20w40 = 380

Motorcycle Engine Oils -1337813

First ride experience after changing oil its ok ride unfortunate i did not give attention to engine idle
    sound while it was filled with AHl oil but it do certainly feel engine is bit noisy at idle would have been 100%
    sure to tell if i had given some attention to engine sound before switching to Zic but clearly feel its slightly noisy
    baaqi in riding it bike seems smooth as it just has gotten fresh oil will share further experience and update
    this post after riding it for more km's quality wise Zic oils does seems good inshAllah in future will give try to Zic 20w40

Final Experience About Zic 10w40 Again Disappointed

Here it is my final experience about this Zic oil again i am very disappointed
    my first ride after changing oil was just 3km drive to my home but in the evening took
    out my bike and went on to check performance of bike i am disappointed with the response of bike
    i checked the acceleration of bike and dragged gears simply i am quite clearly noticing the difference in ride
    when AHl 20w40 API SG oil was in bike its ride was better excellent acceleration and overall response from bike
    was great but now with Zic 10w40 API SJ i can feel its not performing to its best my bike is excellently tuned by mechanic
    and these days its been performing to its best peak performance

This is going to be quickest change of my bike just 10km
    and these are enough for me to decide AHl 20w40 is definitely better choice as compare to this Zic oil
    from now on its big No to Zic's this particular oil we know how it performs worst in summer but i am not
    satisfied with its performance even in winter obviously i did not feel heat issue i have not went on long drive
    but i guess there would be no issue of heat in winter i felt no extra engine heat from bike its perfect
    but i did not like the performance of bike with this oil and luckily its great time to check engine oil as i said above
    my bike is an perfect mode and it clearly has liked AHl oil more and did not like this ZIc 10w40
    InshAllah tomorrow will drain this oil and go back to AHl 20w40 baaqi in future inshAllah will give try to Zic 20w40
    at this time i can't take risk again to try Zic no matter its 20w40

Hmm so this experiment proves the myth that Zic4T will never be suited for honda engines
    I used it in my GS150 last winter for 1200Km and boy my GS's response was superb

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by flluffmaster View Post
    dear friend

kudos for a great thread.please recommend an oil for Kawasaki GTO 125 and Yamaha 100. I really look forward and would appreciate your kind advice .

thanks
    dear!in my opinion 2 stroke bikes depend less on engine oils and drain interval is also more than 4 stroke bikes .m using total 20w40 or 20w50 in my yama yb and engine oils comes clean even after 2000 km.these bikes should have side oil pump in operation.this is best for them instead of pouring Mobil oil in fuel tank with petrol.so i suggest you to go for total and always b careful about side oil pump.its the tonic for 2 stroke engines

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@amjad635 @SyedMoazzam bros! i think zic and other thin oils are not good for 70 cc to 100 bikes whatever the brand is.my czn is using zic in winter in his cg 2011 model and he is quite satisfied.so 20w40 or 20w50 should b used in small engine bikes..amjad yar y dont u go for kixx this time.i think it will suit ur bike than any other oil

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post
    dear!in my opinion 2 stroke bikes depend less on engine oils and drain interval is also more than 4 stroke bikes .m using total 20w40 or 20w50 in my yama yb and engine oils comes clean even after 2000 km.these bikes should have side oil pump in operation.this is best for them instead of pouring Mobil oil in fuel tank with petrol.so i suggest you to go for total and always b careful about side oil pump.its the tonic for 2 stroke engines
    thanks moon ...
    i greatly appreciate the advice .my bikes always have the oil pump function intact .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys updated my post regarding Zic oil

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    Hmm so this experiment proves the myth that Zic4T will never be suited for honda engines
    I used it in my GS150 last winter for 1200Km and boy my GS's response was superb
    Yes bro we can say its not good for honda bikes atleast i am sure about pridor 100
    and we all know regarding its poor performance in summer
    Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post
    @amjad635 @SyedMoazzam bros! i think zic and other thin oils are not good for 70 cc to 100 bikes whatever the brand is.my czn is using zic in winter in his cg 2011 model and he is quite satisfied.so 20w40 or 20w50 should b used in small engine bikes..amjad yar y dont u go for kixx this time.i think it will suit ur bike than any other oil
    Moon bro today while i went to mechanic for draining Zic oil
    he was saying there is good fan following of this oil people like this oil
    and he was talking about specially 70cc users and also 125cc
    but i told him about its performance in summer and shared my recent experience
    he was saying personally i also don't like it but many users use it their bikes

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u see the whole spirit of this thread is to help us gain an understanding of what is best. i m sure that any of the dozens of oils available on shelf will do for me,but i want to gain an understanding and that brings me here. of course i would not want to waste anybody,s time by asking stupid questions.

"'using CALTEX 10W30 now a days
    my bikes are feeling more lighter n smoother"....this is a statement by RX115...who is a well known 2 stroke enthusiast. do u think i can safely try this one?

moreover ,a little search led me to a wikipedia article about 2 stroke engine oil which states that,"Oils must meet or exceed the following typical specifications: TC-W3TM, NMMA, [API] TC, JASO FC, ISO-L-EGO."...now could somebody help me with understanding this mumbo jumbo.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks moon ...
    i greatly appreciate the advice .my bikes always have the oil pump function intact .
    my pleasure bro.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my bikes are feeling more lighter n smoother"....this is a statement by RX115...who is a well known 2 stroke enthusiast. do u think i can safely try this one?
    yar i dont think so.its too thin specialy for an old bike but as its a 2 stroke so could b ok...in my opinion, oil thinner than 10w40 should b avoided in our bikes(further, experts know better)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u see the whole spirit of this thread is to help us gain an understanding of what is best. i m sure that any of the dozens of oils available on shelf will do for me,but i want to gain an understanding and that brings me here. of course i would not want to waste anybody,s time by asking stupid questions.

moreover ,a little search led me to a wikipedia article about 2 stroke engine oil which states that,"Oils must meet or exceed the following typical specifications: TC-W3TM, NMMA, [API] TC, JASO FC, ISO-L-EGO."...now could somebody help me with understanding this mumbo jumbo.

Brother Fellow RX115 have mashAllah deep knowledge about two stroke bikes
    i have none information about these bikes
    bro API is an american company which sets or updates engine oil standards for latest vehichles
    JASO same like API by japanese for their vehichles standards the JASO MA words that we see on
    our engine oils this defines that engine is completely safe to be used on wet clutch bikes

bro this is my very limited knowledge i shared about these terms API & JASO for more you can search on net
    engine oils is very vast topic

You can check or search for recommended engine oil from manufacture of your bike
    i would advise you that engine oil in your bike it will perform good
    and i would highly advise try caltex 10w30 which RX115 using he is an expert two stroke bikes

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

Havoline? Motor Cycle Oil

Havoline? Motor Cycle Oil is a quality engine oil for use in a wide range of passenger car and light-duty commercial vehicle gasoline engines where API SG or lower
    performance lubricants are required.

now i have to this date used this oil and frankly haven't found any problems yet.is it thicker than 10w30 as lauded by RX115?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Brother Fellow RX115 have mashAllah deep knowledge about two stroke bikes
    i have none information about these bikes
    bro API is an american company which sets or updates engine oil standards for latest vehichles
    JASO same like API by japanese for their vehichles standards the JASO MA words that we see on
    our engine oils this defines that engine is completely safe to be used on wet clutch bikes

bro this is my very limited knowledge i shared about these terms API & JASO for more you can search on net
    engine oils is very vast topic

You can check or search for recommended engine oil from manufacture of your bike
    i would advise you that engine oil in your bike it will perform good
    and i would highly advise try caltex 10w30 which RX115 using he is an expert two stroke bikes
    MANY THANKS....Amjad bhai....i m googling wet clutch bikes right now

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for a moment it seems to me that any oil which is good for a 4 stroke bike is equally good for two strokes as well. kawasaki GTOs were manufactured 3 decades back and since then,,,,we have come a long way in oil technology. It must be worthwhile to maximize on the latest grades as they undoubtedly are the result of ample research.

u know whenever a detailed discussion like this takes place, senior and experienced contributors often help the novices by offering a list of dos and donts. i wonder if there is any oil other than that meant for diesel engines, that i shouldn't try in my 2 stroke bikes...and any other experiments that i must strictly avoid.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb

after several hours of research, i think i have found some of the world,s best 2 stroke engine oils. These are ;
    Bel-Ray H1-R Racing 100% Synthetic Ester 2T Engine Oil ,
    MOTUL - 710 2T ,
    Shell Advance VSX 2

Castrol 2 Stroke Motocross Oil Power 1 Racing 2T and several others.

unfortunately in pakistan 2 stroke engine oils are not specifically manufactured any more and thats why most of us have to settle for the 4 stroke oil off the shelf.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

after several hours of research, i think i have found some of the world,s best 2 stroke engine oils. These are ;
    MOTUL - 710 2T ,
    Shell Advance VSX 2

unfortunately in pakistan 2 stroke engine oils are not specifically manufactured any more and thats why most of us have to settle for the 4 stroke oil off the shelf.
    2 kind of oil would be used in 2 stroke bike
    1- engine oil
    2- gearbox oil
    as engine oil i always use shell advance 2t, it is best available engine oil in Pakistan
    engine oil do burn with air fuel mixture in cylinder block
    and
    as gearbox oil, i do use SAE 10W30 in winter season dec to march (it is also recommended by YMC @ owners manuals)
    in summers i would go for 20W40
    i am not an oil expert rather i just do what is advised
    2t torque induction engine would required free flow of oil in gearbox section, and as per my lil knowledge thinner oil can reach in whole engine before thicker oil, and thinner oil has better free flow in engine then thicker,
    if you google then you will see most of 2t riders also use ATF as gearbox oil, few of them do use 10w40, so it all depends on 2t bike, area and out side temprature,
    i tell you in summers i do you less oil (recommended 650ml) and i often do use 500ml, just only for much free flow n less resistant in gearbox, thats i have @moons BRO i am not using 32 years old engine in my bikes the one bike is 2004 model and for other bike i have stock engine which is yet on its standard piston,
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MOTUL - 710 2T ,
    Shell Advance VSX 2

Oils are of 3 types:
    Mineral
    Semi synthetic
    Synthetic

Synthetics can bear a lot of heat variance, can provide great stable viacosity at very hot and cold temperatures and are long life too. These can be very very ezpensive and very long life too like one that lasts 10-20 thousand kms..

But they are meant for new age engines not for our tiny bikes with old tecs... The bikes that we have here in Pk are all wet clutch bikes. Their clutch is smeared in engine oil... And hence semi synthetics/synthetics can easily mess up with your clutch leathers as they have got friction modifiers that can reduce the required friction for clutch plates to operate. Hence... When one buys oil one should try finding one which is right for the bike.

Here in Pk our best bet is a really good mineral oil... Or a semi synthetic/synthetics which supports wet clutches... Which are really rare here.

Synthetics again are very fine oils and can also mess up with oil n weak engine seals... Ur engine can start eating oil up. Usually its not recommended to switch from mineral to synthetic on an old car.

Two strokes need oil on the cumbustion chamber too... So they have double lube system in a sense. However i dont recommend playing too much with oils as 2 strokers are also known for heating up n seizing.

Best for u is, buy the best 2 stroke oil u can afford but buy from an authourised dealer to ensure its genuine

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RX115 bro i was considering more than 2 yrs old engine as an "OLD ENGINE" that thin oils should not b poured in these engines and second i said that two strokes bikes depend less on engine oil so anyone can b used.u r much more senior to me so else u know better.What i said, that was just my "NAQIS RAEY".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

User Tag List