Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2006
Like Tree1001Likes

Thread: Motorcycle Engine Oils

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default Motorcycle Engine Oils

    Aslam Alikum, Immediately seeing the title you may have said this oh not again again one more thread
    for engine oil but guys please bear this one too purpose of creating this thread is to share the range
    of motorcycle engine oils available in market and for this i want your valuable co-operation as i would
    share engine oils & their pics which obviously will show the specification but i have access to only few oils
    which i have used or which are available in my city
    i can't access all engine oils so that is why i request all of you if you have used an engine oil or you have pics of
    bottle you should share here & share your review about that particular oil
    Your sharing matters alot as i alone can't collect all info about engine oils available in market

    As i just said in last line of first paragraph your co-operation is important in helping me out
    to collect info about engine oils available in market but also i need your help in Engine oils subject As i am not expert in Oils
    if we search on net this subject is too deep so want to know your info about these important terms in engine oils
    this thread will be useless if it does not have any details info about specification terms
    so kindly if you find some good info on net share here

    *API
    *JASO
    *Viscosity
    *SAE Viscosity Numbers 10w40,20w40,20w50 or SAE40
    *Single Grade & Multi Grade
    *Mineral & Synthetic/Semi synthetic
    Etc notify if there are some other important terms

    The Sole purpose of this thread is to collect info about engine oil available in market
    *Specifications/price & *Picture

    ^Sharing some basic info which i know as par my bike

    API in simple word an company which gives certificates of quality to engine oil
    so always look for this API label oil but some manufactures recommends JASO
    But most motorcycle manufactures in pakistan as the big one
    AHl recommends to use engine Oil with API SG,SF,SE or higher grade
    you should look your bike manual for the details about your bike

    Viscosity of oil is shown in the SAE numbers
    most oils nowadays available in market are multigrade
    first number which is followed by W (winter) shows the oil viscosity at low temp:
    lower this number thinner the oil be at lower temp:
    2nd number shows the viscosity of oil at high temp 100c: higher the number thicker the oil
    20w40 oil will remain less thick at 100c as compare to 20w50
    my bike manual says 20w40 is good all rounder for pakistani conditions
    but depending on the temp user can choose which oil suits engine more


    Now Lets Start Sharing Some Engine Oil Brand Which I Know Or Remember


    Shell

    AX3 20w50 0.7lt & 1.0lt (Pic on post #3)
    AX5 15w40 1.0lt (Pic on post #234)

    Caltex


    Havoline 20w40 0.7lt (#1986)
    Havoline 20w50 1.0lt
    Castrol

    Go 20w40 0.7lt (Pics on #146)
    Active 20w50 0.7lt & 1.0lt ( Pics on #155)
    Gtx 20w50 1.0lt (Pics on #357)

    Atlas Honda


    Atlas Engine Oils (Pics on #948, #1054)

    Yamaha Lube

    Yamalube 20w50 (#1727)


    Servo

    M2 30/40 0.7lt & 1.0lt
    M5 20w50 0.7lt & 1.0lt (Pics on #14)

    Dyl Lube


    Dyl Lube 20w50 0.7lt & 0.8lt & 1.0lt (Pic on #4)

    Suzuki SGO Oil

    Suzuki Genuine Oil 10w40 (Pic on #106)

    Zic Lubricants -
    (Offers Online Purchase From Official Site)
    Zic M5 20w40
    Zic M7 10w40 (#1557)

    PSO Oil


    Pso Blaze 4t 20w50

    Total Lube

    Total HI-Perf 20w40 (#1233)
    Total Hi-Perf 10w40

    Master Lubricants

    Master Xtra 4t-MCO 20w40

    Imported Engine Oils


    Kixx (Korean)

    Kixx Ultra 20w50 1.0lt (Pics on #154)
    Kixx Semi Synthetic 20w50 (#1406)

    Liqui Moly (Germany)


    Racing 4t 20w50 1.0lt (Pic on #11, 219. 302,
    )
    Racing Semi Synthetic 10w40 (#1244)

    Repsol Moto 4t 20w50 (#1270)

    Valvoline Champ 4t 20w50 (USA) (#1040)








  2. #1801
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jadoon1992_vxlimited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,391
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    Bro, atleast try once the 10W-40 grade, I am sure you will love it more than 20W-50.

    I have been using it for over a year now and with this grade I am getting more lighter ride and better economy than on 20W-50. I have Suzuki Sprinter, just to mention.
    10w40 works fine in extreme hot weather and long rides? i have never tried it. but will try if it works fine
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

  3. #1802
    PakWheeler Follow
    qasimjamil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadoon1992_vxlimited View Post
    10w40 works fine in extreme hot weather and long rides? i have never tried it. but will try if it works fine
    Using 10W40 in CG specially in hot summer is not recommended. Engine noise increases and performance reduces.


    Sent from my LG-F180L using Tapatalk

  4. #1803
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    771
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Being Karachi-tie, I had no issues even in those hottest days we had in Karachi recently. I had issues like vibration, engine noise with other brands like Zic and Castrol Active but no issues at all with Liqui Moly. I daily drive around 55 - 60kms at avg speed of 65km/h.

    Not in a position to comment on any other city.

    Quote Originally Posted by jadoon1992_vxlimited View Post
    10w40 works fine in extreme hot weather and long rides? i have never tried it. but will try if it works fine
    Quote Originally Posted by qasimjamil View Post
    Using 10W40 in CG specially in hot summer is not recommended. Engine noise increases and performance reduces.


    Sent from my LG-F180L using Tapatalk
    Bara CG-125 bana phirta hai jou Sprinter say derta hai ....

  5. #1804
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jadoon1992_vxlimited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,391
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    Being Karachi-tie, I had no issues even in those hottest days we had in Karachi recently. I had issues like vibration, engine noise with other brands like Zic and Castrol Active but no issues at all with Liqui Moly. I daily drive around 55 - 60kms at avg speed of 65km/h.

    Not in a position to comment on any other city.
    thanks for the info brother. will try it on the next oil change
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

  6. #1805
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sunhonbun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qasimjamil View Post
    Filter House Montgomery Road @ 480
    But you can get original from any reasonable oil store @ 450

    Sent from my LG-F180L using Tapatalk
    from where do u buy other than filter house ? i want to know about a reliable shop from where i can get original kixx? i am asking u since u have a goood experience with kixx

  7. #1806
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    altisdualvvti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    @ALL as some of u know that I started using Zic m5 20-40 and I m satisfied with it so i ordered it online yesterday and recivied the call from zic lahore office they asked me from where u got the info if zic products i said to him that i got all the info from pakwheels and then I said to him that as winters r coming so usually the bike gives cold start problems in winter due to high villosity of oli which freezes in this season so should I go with zic 10-40 in winters and 20-40 in summers then he said then whats your bike model and year u brought i told him the above and he said as your bike model is 2014 and 20-40 oli u r using is wrong choice of oli u should have gone with fully synthatic oli as 20-40 is for bikes that have crossed 50-60k on the odo then he said to me k stick to 20-40 because your bike is now used to this grade and if u will switch to thinner oli your bike will make unnesserry noises and will throw more smoke so he said then now stay with 20-40 in all weather conditions then i said to him that i read many review on pw about oli grades and why i didnt poured 10-40 because it will not protect the engine at extreme temps in summers and loses its vilositiy but he said that sir 10-40 thinnes remains same in engine as in oli bottle it doesn't goes like water in engine so I want to ask u guys that is that the zic repesentive is right? Can I switch to 10-40 in winters or not?@amjad635

    Sent from my GFIVE G10 mini using Tapatalk

  8. #1807
    PakWheeler Follow
    qasimjamil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunhonbun View Post
    from where do u buy other than filter house ? i want to know about a reliable shop from where i can get original kixx? i am asking u since u have a goood experience with kixx
    Butt oil Store ghazi road or any other branch
    By the way where do u live so i can recommend nearest oil store

    Sent from my LG-F180L using Tapatalk

  9. #1808
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sunhonbun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qasimjamil View Post
    Butt oil Store ghazi road or any other branch
    By the way where do u live so i can recommend nearest oil store

    Sent from my LG-F180L using Tapatalk
    Samanabad!!! One more thing since i presume u also own a 125 euro2!!! My bike has clocked more than 400 km so should i change my oil to kixx since i dont have good experience with Honda Motor oil....Would the warranty be void since its written on the manual to get the warranty book stamped from authorised honda workshop and use only genuine honda motor oil? Is it possible that i take kixx oil and get it changed from Honda authorised workshop? Would they stamp it or not?

  10. #1809
    PakWheeler Follow
    qasimjamil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I beleive there is a shop going towards gulshan ravi moon market
    I dont remember the name but oils there were genuine
    Frankly speaking I havent seen any fake kixx so far
    You can buy it from any big store

    Sent from my LG-F180L using Tapatalk

  11. #1810
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sunhonbun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qasimjamil View Post
    I beleive there is a shop going towards gulshan ravi moon market
    I dont remember the name but oils there were genuine
    Frankly speaking I havent seen any fake kixx so far
    You can buy it from any big store

    Sent from my LG-F180L using Tapatalk
    Plz answer my second query

  12. #1811
    PakWheeler Follow
    qasimjamil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunhonbun View Post
    Plz answer my second query
    I am using my bike engine oil from day 1 other than honda oil. Nothing voids your warranty. You can get the oil changed your self or get it changed from oil shop.
    When you go for authorized tuning just ask the tuning guy that you have changed the oil already with honda oil.
    Not a big deal
    Dont worry

    Sent from my LG-F180L using Tapatalk

  13. #1812
    PakWheeler Follow
    qasimjamil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunhonbun View Post
    Plz answer my second query
    One more thing
    1st oil change @ 500
    Second @ 1000
    Then after every 1000

    Sent from my LG-F180L using Tapatalk

  14. #1813
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sunhonbun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qasimjamil View Post
    One more thing
    1st oil change @ 500
    Second @ 1000
    Then after every 1000

    Sent from my LG-F180L using Tapatalk
    And which is the best authorized tuning centre as per your experience?

  15. #1814
    PakWheeler Follow
    qasimjamil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunhonbun View Post
    And which is the best authorized tuning centre as per your experience?
    Ghaffar Honda
    At Bank Stop Choongi Amarsadhu

    Sent from my LG-F180L using Tapatalk

  16. #1815
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altisdualvvti View Post
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by altisdualvvti View Post
    ALL as some of u know that I started using Zic m5 20-40 and I m satisfied with it so i ordered it online yesterday and recivied the call from zic lahore office they asked me from where u got the info if zic products i said to him that i got all the info from pakwheels and then I said to him that as winters r coming so usually the bike gives cold start problems in winter due to high villosity of oli which freezes in this season so should I go with zic 10-40 in winters and 20-40 in summers then he said then whats your bike model and year u brought i told him the above and he said as your bike model is 2014 and 20-40 oli u r using is wrong choice of oli u should have gone with fully synthatic oli as 20-40 is for bikes that have crossed 50-60k on the odo then he said to me k stick to 20-40 because your bike is now used to this grade and if u will switch to thinner oli your bike will make unnesserry noises and will throw more smoke so he said then now stay with 20-40 in all weather conditions then i said to him that i read many review on pw about oli grades and why i didnt poured 10-40 because it will not protect the engine at extreme temps in summers and loses its vilositiy but he said that sir 10-40 thinnes remains same in engine as in oli bottle it doesn't goes like water in engine so I want to ask u guys that is that the zic repesentive is right? Can I switch to 10-40 in winters or not?@amjad635

    Sent from my GFIVE G10 mini using Tapatalk


    It depends on you,its not just about perception but some users used 10w40
    and found it not performing well faced issues like extra heat from engien & noise

    if you wish to try it than you can try it if you like it and feel engine performing fine
    you should continue with it i myself long time ago when i had pridor tried zic 10w40
    i was not satisfied i felt extra heat from engine and performance was not smooth not
    good response from engine

    currently i am owning cg dream and i have been using zic m5 why i am using because i feel
    engine performing smooth when engine does not like oil you will feel vibrations and lack in
    response of engine


  17. #1816
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    altisdualvvti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post


    It depends on you,its not just about perception but some users used 10w40
    and found it not performing well faced issues like extra heat from engien & noise

    if you wish to try it than you can try it if you like it and feel engine performing fine
    you should continue with it i myself long time ago when i had pridor tried zic 10w40
    i was not satisfied i felt extra heat from engine and performance was not smooth not
    good response from engine

    currently i am owning cg dream and i have been using zic m5 why i am using because i feel
    engine performing smooth when engine does not like oil you will feel vibrations and lack in
    response of engine

    So if I use 10-40 in my bike will the bike make problems like zic guy told me that ur bike is used to 20-40?

    Sent from my GFIVE G10 mini using Tapatalk

  18. #1817
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    i guess your bike might be driven 10k km so engine is not too old

    if you attracted towards 10w40 you should give it try

    waise if you don't have any problem with 20w40 than whats wrong in carry on with it

    Synthetic engine oils are for latest modern engines

    Zic M7 is not fully synthetic engine oil its semi synthetic they add some quality of synthetic
    so switching to it would not prove harmful for engine


    Recently in car engine oils they changed Zic Hiflo 20w50 packing and on new packing its written synthetic
    my brother has been using Zic Hiflo in cultus car since 2011 so i was worried if synthetic will prove right for
    engine over 160k km drive i called zic they told me its not fully synthetic there are fully synthetic available in
    zic but they are expensive and other versions this particular is just added around 20-30% quality of synthetic
    some chemical are included in oils that give it quality of synthetic so its completely safe to use in old engine

  19. #1818
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    altisdualvvti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    i guess your bike might be driven 10k km so engine is not too old

    if you attracted towards 10w40 you should give it try

    waise if you don't have any problem with 20w40 than whats wrong in carry on with it

    Synthetic engine oils are for latest modern engines

    Zic M7 is not fully synthetic engine oil its semi synthetic they add some quality of synthetic
    so switching to it would not prove harmful for engine


    Recently in car engine oils they changed Zic Hiflo 20w50 packing and on new packing its written synthetic
    my brother has been using Zic Hiflo in cultus car since 2011 so i was worried if synthetic will prove right for
    engine over 160k km drive i called zic they told me its not fully synthetic there are fully synthetic available in
    zic but they are expensive and other versions this particular is just added around 20-30% quality of synthetic
    some chemical are included in oils that give it quality of synthetic so its completely safe to use in old engine
    Bro my bike is driven 17500km and I don't have any problems with 20-40 but as winters r coming and I m living in isb so just want to shift to 10-40 because it improves cold starting and warm up times in winter.I really have cold starts problems with LM 20-50 in last year winters but after the zic guy reply I m really confused as many people r using different olis in summers and in winters so just curious to know.

    Sent from my GFIVE G10 mini using Tapatalk

  20. #1819
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    you won't have the trouble like LM with Zic 20w40

    grade 20w40 is good all rounder

    waise warming up bike is necessary atleast for 20-30 seconds in the first start up

    if you face issue you can switch to 10w40 as i said in my above post these are not fully
    synthetic engine oils so there should not be any problem in using them its just thinner
    grade oil would help in cold start definitely



  21. #1820
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    altisdualvvti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    you won't have the trouble like LM with Zic 20w40

    grade 20w40 is good all rounder

    waise warming up bike is necessary atleast for 20-30 seconds in the first start up

    if you face issue you can switch to 10w40 as i said in my above post these are not fully
    synthetic engine oils so there should not be any problem in using them its just thinner
    grade oil would help in cold start definitely


    Waise zic is going perfect for me will give 20-40 a try in winters if it works fine then I'll stick with it otherwise 10-40 all the way

    Sent from my GFIVE G10 mini using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •