Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Suzuki GD 110 Fan Cub.

Good day, everyone.

This thread is aimed at bringing together all GD owners in a single thread to share their experiences with their GDs and also to discuss problems and their solutions.

Below is a list of GD owners on Pak Wheels arranged in order of purchase:
    1- IADina: My New Ride: SuzukiGD110 (Karachi)
    2- shedatali: 2 Suzuki GD110 Pakwheels (Lahore)
    3- raxaengineer: 3rd SUZUKI GD110 ON PAKWHEELS (Okarra)
    4- waqas18: Here is my Darling GD-110 (Karachi)
    5- mqsdrana: 5th SUZUKI GD110 ON PAKWHEELS (Lahore)
    6- RocketScience: Another GD 110: My Red Queen (Lahore)
    7- TZB: My Suzuki GD 110 (Lahore)
    8- imranabid4301: Black GD 110. (Gujrat. Black. It was purchased earlier than 10, but thread started later)
    9- zainawal: Yet to share his ride's thread.
    10- unkn0wn_artist: My New Ride, Suzuki GD-110, Black (Lahore. First Black Suzuki GD 110 on PW)
    11- waleed.dawood: My new Suzuki GD 110 (Lahore)
    12- aqibasit: My new machine - GD110 (a gem) (Karachi. First Blue Suzuki GD 110 on PW)
    13- signode: My brand new Suzuki GD-110 (Lahore. Another blue GD on the forum)

Please let me know if I am missing someone or if the order is not correct.

I am trying to concentrate all the information about GD 110 in a centralized repository in this thread. Through this forum, I am also looking forward to arranging GD meet-ups, small to medium journeys and fun in Lahore. So guys, let the wheels roll.

After reporting some issues to the company, Meeting Held with Pak Suzuki.
    Most troubling issue in Suzuki GD 110 - fuel economy: Mystery of Bad Fuel Average of Suzuki GD 110 - Revealed!

Important: Suzuki GD 110 Service Manual.

================================================== ===================
    Thread Update (12-MAY-2015)
    Buy Suzuki GD 110 parts online (from Russia)
    Thread Update (19-MAY-2015)
    My Solution to Kick-lever and Front Mud-guard Problem
    First deserve, then desire.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

So guys, I took my GD to showroom today again for mixture setting. To my surprise and luck, Manager Services, Pak Suzuki was on visit to the showroom. He is a thoroughly nice guy. That was the guy I met when I was called for a meeting at Pak Suzuki, Lahore office. He met warmly I asked him about the outcome of our meeting to which he replied he had completed his report as per my feedback and submitted it to authorities. I requested him to check its status, and he said he will get the status and update me

Anyway, I discussed my GD's thirst for fuel with him. He agreed that I was indeed getting a poor fuel consumption. He called the head-mechanic of that showroom, detailed him about the issue and assured me the issue will be solved. He even told me he will call me for my feedback after the mechanic adjusts mixture And yes, he did have my number with him which he pulled out from his cell phone to confirm. What else does a customer want - such level of attention and care.

And one funny thing happened: each time I went to showroom I was asked to tow my bike from front of the showroom to the workshop, but this time the head mechanic asked his junior mechanic to bring my GD inside workshop Magic Lolz.

The head mechanic treated me nicely and listened to all my concerns calmly. He answered all my queries and was able to somewhat give satisfactory replies too. He adjusted the mixture from 2.25 turns to only 1 rotation. He told me the stock setting of mixture bolt is 2.25 rotations, and they only change the setting if the customer is reporting a poor average. I told him about my riding style: 60 km/h max speed with no sudden throttles, and he said there is no reason why I should not get a 50 km/L fuel average. I asked him to do whatever he has to do to give me the right fuel consumption setting. He said he has further leaned the mixture and it should work fine. If it does not, he will not mark the issue as fixed until he brings me back at least 45 km/L fuel average from my GD. Upon asking what if all fails, he said he will then focus on tappets, wheel alignments, and what not. Fair enough. Isn't it?

Fuel injection has been reduced by more than half the previous value, so I do hope fuel consumption would reflect a positive and satisfying change.

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Timing-chain Tension Adjuster.

I asked my mechanic what does the below "rocket" do.

Suzuki GD 110 Fan Cub -1269424

He told me this is timing-chain tension adjuster. It automatically adjusts the timing-chain tension and indicates timing chain needs to be replaced when the adjuster has reached its maximum limit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am very glad to know the way Suzuki guys are treating, welcoming you
    and listening giving proper attention to you its so nice to see that

brother as i had said there is no need to get frustrated very quickly
    and think about selling bike check out my pridor thread
    look at the list of problems i have faced and see i am still keeping it

and there is none support from honda mechanics or AHl to me as their customer
    from the first day i have been neglected by honda mechanic suzuki is calling you and inquiring
    feedback in my case i called AHl and met few officials also which were on survey for pridor at showroom
    when bike was newly launched showroom waala told me oh you were facing 2nd gear issue tell these guys
    i told them whole issue in details they said sir we will call you & we are serious about this and
    its been around ten months i have not received call from them

suzuki guys are giving you great respect as you are educated and person with good knowledge
    not many people give their feedback to company suzuki is serious about GD110
    they want to know the errors & issues will try to solve to further improve the bike

and i have noticed you get frustrated quickly i remember your frustration on rear shocks

Timing Chain Tension Indicator
    Good info bro i see that thing in suzuki bikes and always wonder what is that
    so its timing chain tension indicator no doubt tech wise suzuki bikes are really advanced
    as compare to AHl bikes and GD110 is having the latest engine
    I hope your GD110 fuel average problem resolves but be patient let the mechanics check the bike
    if after all efforts you do not get right fuel average than there is some problem in GD110 means its not fuel efficient

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    So guys, I took my GD to showroom today again for mixture setting. To my surprise and luck, Manager Services, Pak Suzuki was on visit to the showroom. He is a thoroughly nice guy. That was the guy I met when I was called for a meeting at Pak Suzuki, Lahore office. He met warmly I asked him about the outcome of our meeting to which he replied he had completed his report as per my feedback and submitted it to authorities. I requested him to check its status, and he said he will get the status and update me

Anyway, I discussed my GD's thirst for fuel with him. He agreed that I was indeed getting a poor fuel consumption. He called the head-mechanic of that showroom, detailed him about the issue and assured me the issue will be solved. He even told me he will call me for my feedback after the mechanic adjusts mixture And yes, he did have my number with him which he pulled out from his cell phone to confirm. What else does a customer want - such level of attention and care.

And one funny thing happened: each time I went to showroom I was asked to tow my bike from front of the showroom to the workshop, but this time the head mechanic asked his junior mechanic to bring my GD inside workshop Magic Lolz.

The head mechanic treated me nicely and listened to all my concerns calmly. He answered all my queries and was able to somewhat give satisfactory replies too. He adjusted the mixture from 2.25 turns to only 1 rotation. He told me the stock setting of mixture bolt is 2.25 rotations, and they only change the setting if the customer is reporting a poor average. I told him about my riding style: 60 km/h max speed with no sudden throttles, and he said there is no reason why I should not get a 50 km/L fuel average. I asked him to do whatever he has to do to give me the right fuel consumption setting. He said he has further leaned the mixture and it should work fine. If it does not, he will not mark the issue as fixed until he brings me back at least 45 km/L fuel average from my GD. Upon asking what if all fails, he said he will then focus on tappets, wheel alignments, and what not. Fair enough. Isn't it?

Fuel injection has been reduced by more than half the previous value, so I do hope fuel consumption would reflect a positive and satisfying change.
    I hope u will get better fuel average now...
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Even Junoon also has timing chain tensioner, all Suzukis have them... Expect Honda bikes

As iv always said... These companies on 2nd, 3rd rank are giving us better tech... But problem is their quality control is not better than Honda.

On the other hand Honda sells us age old stuff but usually quality is better
    @TZB bro...! Gd ty gussa karna hun chad dyo! Ty chill karo!
    Pridor would be a downgrade after gd!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes it would be downgrade pridor is 16cc less than GD
    and there is no comparison of pridor and GD in terms of fuel average too
    GD owner should never expect fuel average of 97cc Pridor 100

Other GD owners are pretty happy with their GD average its TZB bro who is facing trouble
    hope his GD problem resolves soon

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Even Junoon also has timing chain tensioner, all Suzukis have them... Expect Honda bikes

As iv always said... These companies on 2nd, 3rd rank are giving us better tech... But problem is their quality control is not better than Honda.

On the other hand Honda sells us age old stuff but usually quality is better
    @TZB bro...! Gd ty gussa karna hun chad dyo! Ty chill karo!
    Pridor would be a downgrade after gd!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, I remember there was something called auto-adjuster in Junoon when it was launched. I did not research on it, but I always thought it was a tension adjuster for drive chain, little did I know it was for timing chain. Glad to know Junoon has it too.

Lolz. I'll not hurry into forgiving GD yet, first it has to give me a fuel average between 45 - 50 km/L AT LEAST!
    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Yes it would be downgrade pridor is 16cc less than GD
    and there is no comparison of pridor and GD in terms of fuel average too
    GD owner should never expect fuel average of 97cc Pridor 100

Other GD owners are pretty happy with their GD average its TZB bro who is facing trouble
    hope his GD problem resolves soon
    Yes, and we call it luck. I remember one problem I had with my Honda CD 100: it always required me to start it on choke regardless of weather, even on hot summer mornings. But my friends reported no problem with its starting even in winters. So I guess I have a tough luck when it comes to carburettors Lolz.

I miss my Honda CD 100 just because it gave me a trouble-free experience. GD is a lot different than Honda CD 100, of course. But GD is giving me a tough time. However, I do hope things would work for good between us now

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cd 70 and all Chonda also have auto tensioner, near gear lever, below the engine, but not apparant like Suzuki or junoon etc.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OK
    I guess it is called "Timing Chain Plunger" in Honda CD-70 ...

Quote Originally Posted by aiktoonamila View Post
    Cd 70 and all Chonda also have auto tensioner, near gear lever, below the engine, but not apparant like Suzuki or junoon etc.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kal me apni GD apne office ke pas mechanic hai us k pas le gaya.. jo sirf 125 bikes k liye mashor hai... 70 ka kam nahi kerta..

Mjhe handle adjust kerwana tha.. pehle to us ne mana kia k ap suzuki se karwalo.. phir me ne usay kaha sirf thora loose to kerna hai..

phir us ne kaha chalo ap k liye ker deta hun..thora loose kia lekin farq baqi tha.. phir me ne usay kaha k ap ride ker k check kero.. phir adjust kero..

wo test ride k liye gaya or lamba hi gaya

5 min k bad wapis aya to problem bhool k kehne laga.. shah ji kia bike hai yar rokne ka dil hi nahi ker raha.. halka sa accelerator do khamoshi se speed me ajati hai..125 to kuch nahi is k samne... me ne kaha hahah yar lekin 125 wale mante nahi

kher phir us ne adjust ker dia handle..

but that was such a nice compliment for GD110 from CG125 mechanic who is working on these motorcycles more then 15 years ago...
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what a compliment this really makes you proud
    this mechanic was sensible person that is why he expressed true feelings

Waqas bhai kiya huwa tha handle ko

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what a compliment this really makes you proud
    this mechanic was sensible person that is why he expressed true feelings

Waqas bhai kiya huwa tha handle ko
    Tuning kerwai thi to us ne zyada tight ker dia tha..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar koshsish karke handle ke botls ko baar baar touch na karwaaya karo
    kiyonke agar yeh slip ya loose hogaye toh barhe muhskil hojaaege aapke liye
    specially agar enki choori jo socket walay agar woh kharaab ho jaaye toh

aur mere hisaab se gd ki handlebar clamp neechi jo black colour ka basement us se fix
    hai toh matlab yeh replace bhi nahein hosakta poora ka poora aapko change karna parhega ya
    repair karwaana parhega aur woh jo pagal suzuki ka mechanic ukso bolts buhat tight nahein karna
    chahiye tha buhat zyaada tight karne se yeh slip hojaate hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar koshsish karke handle ke botls ko baar baar touch na karwaaya karo
    kiyonke agar yeh slip ya loose hogaye toh barhe muhskil hojaaege aapke liye
    specially agar enki choori jo socket walay agar woh kharaab ho jaaye toh

aur mere hisaab se gd ki handlebar clamp neechi jo black colour ka basement us se fix
    hai toh matlab yeh replace bhi nahein hosakta poora ka poora aapko change karna parhega ya
    repair karwaana parhega aur woh jo pagal suzuki ka mechanic ukso bolts buhat tight nahein karna
    chahiye tha buhat zyaada tight karne se yeh slip hojaate hai

hmm wo dekhne bhi to nahi dete suzuki wale k ker kia rahe hain during tuning...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does any owner of gd hv rode gs150 before... what's the difference of acceleration and engine sound between the two..

Sent from Mars using Mind Control
    Rise from the ashes,.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    does any owner of gd hv rode gs150 before... what's the difference of acceleration and engine sound between the two..

no....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Although I don't have Gs-150 and Gd-110 but friends of mine have both. First time I drove GD-110, my immediate comments regarding engine sound, pick and front Shocks were, " this is younger sister of GS-150".
    It will give you an idea to some extent.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

means gs 150 is still the bigger brother ... it seems gd110 has almost same fuel avg as gs150 .. so given the same amount i should consider gs 150 as it has more power, features ......
    Rise from the ashes,.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

means gs 150 is still the bigger brother ... it seems gd110 has almost same fuel avg as gs150 .. so given the same amount i should consider gs 150 as it has more power, features ......
    What about the quality of both bikes?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, right but a bit compromise on quality. GS don't has that good quality as of GD. But it has better pick, road grip, joy if ride and power. Fuel average is 35-40.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

User Tag List