Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By abdulrehmanrauf
  • 4 Post By vickytulla
  • 1 Post By abdulrehmanrauf
  • 1 Post By vickytulla
  • 1 Post By ammarzahid

Thread: Engine Pick Up Through Piston or Weight...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Engine Pick Up Through Piston or Weight...

Dear PWs,

Yesterday, I randomly asked my mechanic that why cant one do wheelie easily on GS or Sprinter. I asked him if it is related to bike's weight. He gave me a simple reply first that one of his customer did wheelie on his Honda 175. I got my answer partially right away.

He then told me that there is big difference in engine technology. GS and Sprinter enhance their pick up through bigger weight where as bikes like CD 70, CG 125 use piston to enhance pick up. That is the main reason that we get sudden quick pick on CG 125 and a wheelie can be easily done.

On the other hand GS and Sprinter use bigger weights which result in lesser sudden pick and if you try to do wheelie then it will badly affect the engine.

So the advantage if found,

with pick enhance thru Piston --> you will get a good sudden roaring pick, e.g CG 125.

with pick enhance thru Weight --> Lesser sudden pick. BUT... you will get a better top speed and you can easily go full stretch in a gear. This is one of the reason that we are not getting vibrations in higher rpms in GS as compared to CG (I know there are other reasons like OHV and OHC). Secondly, the rides become economical.

Please dear fellows, I am not very technical and I am not claiming any thing here. This is just a sharing. So please koi mujhe larna mut shru ker dena. Bajaye larnay k ager kisi k pass koi aur is tarah ki sharing ho tou do share it.

Regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what I dont understand is a "Longer wieght" and which weight ?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I do not know exactly but he was saying like k GS aur sprinter ka weight size normal say bara hota hai.

Weight = the main weight to which connecting rod is connected in the main chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    what I dont understand is a "Longer wieght" and which weight ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

rehaman bhai ... ap paray likhay banday ho wikipedia bhi kafi ho ga ap ager parh lo *** tu engine ki sari batain bari easily samjhe ajien geen.. ye hathora mechnics ki science say zara dur he rha kerain ..

the science he explained is not even a science for little hint crank weight or counter balance weight is according to what compression a piston is goint to face and how much Stroke exists to travel one way, lastly it is placed opposite (180' Degree) in most single piston thumpers, but there are engines who have different weight placement to get torque and power out of normal power band of bike.

This might help.
    Reciprocating engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    I do not know exactly but he was saying like k GS aur sprinter ka weight size normal say bara hota hai.

Weight = the main weight to which connecting rod is connected in the main chamber.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Simple Rule of thumb is -

1 - Longer the Stroke more Low end Torque (Loader, offroader, pick happy low Speed)
    2 - Shorter the Stroke more Rev happy Bad Low rev Torque (Power band on High Rev Happy High Speed)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Interesting... I would definitely go to read out stuff now.

BTW, thanks for the complements

Best,

rehaman bhai ... ap paray likhay banday ho wikipedia bhi kafi ho ga ap ager parh lo *** tu engine ki sari batain bari easily samjhe ajien geen.. ye hathora mechnics ki science say zara dur he rha kerain ..

the science he explained is not even a science for little hint crank weight or counter balance weight is according to what compression a piston is goint to face and how much Stroke exists to travel one way, lastly it is placed opposite (180' Degree) in most single piston thumpers, but there are engines who have different weight placement to get torque and power out of normal power band of bike.

This might help.
    Reciprocating engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sit a bit backwards in sprinter and then then try a wheelie, u wont be disappointed. Havent tried on GS but sprinter has no problem lifting its front wheel up. I dont think itll do harm to the engine shughal main har roz kar leta hun..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Once i heard on pakwheels that as sprinter doesnt have that cg125 type metal road connecting tanki and engine bottom so it wont wheelie at all. Yar ye sab batain hoti hain every bike wheelies just the rider should know how to wheelie a bike ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any Bike with small engine and an 18' RIM at rear finds hard to do Jump as its layout is more Cruising instead of Jumping from front .. first thing is the torque secondly more important is the bikes own lay out..

Sprinter has a very Good Torque in comparison to other 100cc class but heaving 18' in rear make it hard to make that brutle Pull which is made in CG or a CD70 on small 17' RIM... But yes if you place yourself little at end of seat it will pull out and throw you because its dangerous and uncontrollable when you are to back on the seat..

and most important of all is the rider .. give a sprinter , GS, Dlx, or any other bike with front heavy layout to any Pro wheelei Dumchi Removed CG wheeler and he will do the maneuver for you like a boss..

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Once i heard on pakwheels that as sprinter doesnt have that cg125 type metal road connecting tanki and engine bottom so it wont wheelie at all. Yar ye sab batain hoti hain every bike wheelies just the rider should know how to wheelie a bike ;-)

Sit a bit backwards in sprinter and then then try a wheelie, u wont be disappointed. Havent tried on GS but sprinter has no problem lifting its front wheel up. I dont think itll do harm to the engine shughal main har roz kar leta hun..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any Bike with small engine and an 18' RIM at rear finds hard to do Jump as its layout is more Cruising instead of Jumping from front .. first thing is the torque secondly more important is the bikes own lay out..

Sprinter has a very Good Torque in comparison to other 100cc class but heaving 18' in rear make it hard to make that brutle Pull which is made in CG or a CD70 on small 17' RIM... But yes if you place yourself little at end of seat it will pull out and throw you because its dangerous and uncontrollable when you are to back on the seat..

and most important of all is the rider .. give a sprinter , GS, Dlx, or any other bike with front heavy layout to any Pro wheelei Dumchi Removed CG wheeler and he will do the maneuver for you like a boss..
    Exactly... 18inch rim plays a great role above all! Cg125 & cd70 both use 17inch rims at rear... 18inch rimmed bikes are so high from back side that popping a wheelie is difficult, theres a lot of weight on the front wheel... ( which basically means the bike is well designed for easy pillion riding) on sprinter/Junoon etc even if u try to pop front wheel up, u have to rev it so hard that afterwards it gets difficult to control... I mean ya tou bohat e zor ka jhatka dy k aik dam wheel upar ajae ga? Ya wheel thek se upar nahi aega but bike agy ko chal paray gi....

Have faced this because sometimes in extreme traffic jams Junoon ko foot path pe charhana mishkil lagta ha, but cd70 hans k charh jati ha!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ive often thought of putting a 17 inch wheel at the back. 18 inch ziadti nai 110cc k liay?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It will be bombastic ..

ive often thought of putting a 17 inch wheel at the back. 18 inch ziadti nai 110cc k liay?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List