Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: sort of failed experiment (HID in sprinter)

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default sort of failed experiment (HID in sprinter)

    As the topic shows, i tried to install an HID in my sprinter cuz i was just fed with the poor light output of stock lights. Got the ballast and bulb. And then i made the mistake of going to a local bike electrician who although does good jobs on Honda bikes, i think messed up the wiring of my bike.

    I got a dry 5.5AMP battery for the increased load. But so far i have been disappointed with the result as soon as the HID is on the other things stop working properly. Horn's sound is decreased. Indicator to bilkul i think urh gaye hain because of the JUGAARs that mechanic did with the wiring.

    What do you guys propose? Wapis stock everything? or should i give the battery some more time to charge fully and then test the HID. Btw, HID lasted 5 minutes on the stock 2.5AMP battery.

    Looking forward to your responses

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jadoon1992_vxlimited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,391
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    let the battery charge for a while and then check the results. give it a long run in day time so battery will charge and then check the result. my gs also gives trouble with I guess 9 amp battery if the battery does not charge and If I ride mostly at nights. and even if you will be back to stock, the wiring is already ruined so better to enjoy what you have spent on. I have been using hid for more than 2 years now on bike but its not a good idea to use hid on bike if the daily running is less. my bike stays at home on weekends so I face this issue after that if the battery is not charged up.
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadoon1992_vxlimited View Post
    let the battery charge for a while and then check the results. give it a long run in day time so battery will charge and then check the result. my gs also gives trouble with I guess 9 amp battery if the battery does not charge and If I ride mostly at nights. and even if you will be back to stock, the wiring is already ruined so better to enjoy what you have spent on. I have been using hid for more than 2 years now on bike but its not a good idea to use hid on bike if the daily running is less. my bike stays at home on weekends so I face this issue after that if the battery is not charged up.
    daily running is 20KM. night you can say hardly 2KM everyday on average. a PW member has suggested getting a bigger charger for the battery as he had to do the same on his honda deluxe. 110CC ka to aur chota charger hoga

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnanSJfayaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Posts
    1,164
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    A quick question. if you need to install hids in a car do you have to completely detach the headlight and take it out of the body?

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnanSJfayaz View Post
    A quick question. if you need to install hids in a car do you have to completely detach the headlight and take it out of the body?
    Bro this is bike's section. But if you're talking about replacing the stock halogen then yes you'll have to take it out

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jadoon1992_vxlimited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,391
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    daily running is 20KM. night you can say hardly 2KM everyday on average. a PW member has suggested getting a bigger charger for the battery as he had to do the same on his honda deluxe. 110CC ka to aur chota charger hoga
    yes a friend of mine did the same with his sp100 and the charging was perfect then. try it and result will be good. but don't install a very heavy charger. daily running of 20 km is more than enough. then the issue might be the charger
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadoon1992_vxlimited View Post
    yes a friend of mine did the same with his sp100 and the charging was perfect then. try it and result will be good. but don't install a very heavy charger. daily running of 20 km is more than enough. then the issue might be the charger
    thanks a lot for your input, has got some disappointment off my mind. will share results after tomorrow's running. will also try to get the bigger charger installed tomorrow. btw can you share which watt HID tube/bulb you're using?

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waqas18's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,501
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    where can I find good HIDs in reasonable price for my GD...?
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    gull_s_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Limited back up time is one of the reasons i never gave HID a serious thought

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqas18 View Post
    where can I find good HIDs in reasonable price for my GD...?
    Bro get car hid with a 35W bulb don't get hids from motorcycle shops they're cheap but they have low quality ballasts. A good quality kit ranges from 2500 to 3000. Bike shops say you can get 1800PKR main normal quality HID kit. After that you'll have to get a bigger battery if one's not already installed in your GD. Then you'll have to get a relay and then finally find a good mechanic who won't ruin the original wiring (jo k karni paray gi ultimately). You might be put off by this but im sharing these things from experience so you might not have to face the same problems that i did.

    Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    Limited back up time is one of the reasons i never gave HID a serious thought
    R1 said he got 4 hours of continuous run time from HID on a 7AMP battery, so i was convinced mine would work for atleast an hour

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fazalwahab11375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    29,483
    Follows
    36
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    771
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I had also the same issue of bad light. I didn't go for HID but for a much simple solution and without any single alteration.

    Just buy (1). Honda 70 head light (round shape) with (2).cowling (the metal cowling). Asked for XANDAU brand. It is the only good brand i know and it has been proved to be quality one. You will get the complete package, glass + cowling.

    Lastly take a halogen bulb. The one with dark blue glass but brake the blue outer glass carefully, underneath there is the actual bulb.

    The total cost will not be more than 400 - 500Rs

    You can see the simple DIY below here -> https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...on#post3785500


    I have got the extra ordinary result. I will try to post you the result may be tomorrow. With high beam you can see ahead atleast half a km believe me.


    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    As the topic shows, i tried to install an HID in my sprinter cuz i was just fed with the poor light output of stock lights. Got the ballast and bulb. And then i made the mistake of going to a local bike electrician who although does good jobs on Honda bikes, i think messed up the wiring of my bike.

    I got a dry 5.5AMP battery for the increased load. But so far i have been disappointed with the result as soon as the HID is on the other things stop working properly. Horn's sound is decreased. Indicator to bilkul i think urh gaye hain because of the JUGAARs that mechanic did with the wiring.

    What do you guys propose? Wapis stock everything? or should i give the battery some more time to charge fully and then test the HID. Btw, HID lasted 5 minutes on the stock 2.5AMP battery.

    Looking forward to your responses

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    I had also the same issue of bad light. I didn't go for HID but for a much simple solution and without any single alteration.

    Just buy (1). Honda 70 head light (round shape) with (2).cowling (the metal cowling). Asked for XANDAU brand. It is the only good brand i know and it has been proved to be quality one. You will get the complete package, glass + cowling.

    Lastly take a halogen bulb. The one with dark blue glass but broke the blue outer glass carefully, underneath there is the actual bulb.

    The total cost will not be more than 400 - 500Rs

    You can see the simple DIY below here -> https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...on#post3785500
    Tried this a while back but the result was not satisfactory. Important tip: halogen bulbs consume more power than an equivalent HID/Xenon bulb. Source: Battle of the Headlights: Halogen vs. Xenon vs. LED

    Im using the HID bulb in an old fashioned housing, not a halogen reflector housing the glare is not more than the normal incandescent bulb :-) As a precaution i tilted the headlight assembly towards the ground a bit.

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    771
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    1. Did you use XANDAU glass?
    2. The cowling you used, the holder place is flat or it is little exposed I mean thori ubbri hoi hai ye plain hai? Can you upload the pic of cowling. Kion sara issue glass ka ya phir cowling ka hota hai mainly.

    And about halogen, I have been using halogen buld for last 7 years and never faced issues people reported against an HID.

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Tried this a while back but the result was not satisfactory. Important tip: halogen bulbs consume more power than an equivalent HID/Xenon bulb. Source: Battle of the Headlights: Halogen vs. Xenon vs. LED

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    548
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I used HID in my deluxe for around an year and it worked flawlessly ...... Now I've installed it in my Piaggio ! The thing is u need to do proper wiring and stuff ! Had a detailed chat with the OP and my personal opinion is that he needs to get bigger charger for the battery.
    Keep ur Friends close ... And Enemies more Closer !!
    Honda CD-100 ==> Honda CG 125 Deluxe ==> Ravi Piaggio Storm 125 !

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    I used HID in my deluxe for around an year and it worked flawlessly ...... Now I've installed it in my Piaggio ! The thing is u need to do proper wiring and stuff ! Had a detailed chat with the OP and my personal opinion is that he needs to get bigger charger for the battery.
    @venom has been a great help in this regard. I thank him again. And as per his suggestion i'm going to get a bigger charger for the battery, hopefully that will be the end of the HID's issues.

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Can HID be installed in Yamaha Junoon? Would I have to replace the headlight? Is a glass made headlight of Junoon also available?

    Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Can HID be installed in Yamaha Junoon? Would I have to replace the headlight? Is a glass made headlight of Junoon also available?

    Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2
    Yar 70 main lag jati hai to Junoon main kiun nai lagay gi. But it's a really expensive procedure, here's what you'll need:

    Dry battery 5+AMPS (Rs 850)
    Relay (Rs 100)
    HID Kit (Rs 1800 - 3000)
    Bigger battery charger (Rs 500)
    Mazdoori to get it all fitted and your wiring ruined (Rs 250)
    Misc stuff including wires, connectors etc (Rs 200)

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    duplicate

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Everything solved alhumdulillah.. Wires from my indicators were exposed and were being shorted thru touching the metal headlight.. The problem was diagnosed by the mechanic successfully. Everything working as it should. Let's see how much load the battery will sustain before giving up. The mechanic still advised against a bigger charger, he said agar 2 3 din main problem hui he would fit a bigger charger.

    BTW i fitted a car's HID kit in my bike, do they consume more power? the mechanic suggested i get an HID kit designed for bikes cuz it uses less power. Experts on this matter give me your opinions on that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •