• 1 Post By abdulrehmanrauf
  • 2 Post By abdulrehmanrauf
  • 1 Post By SyedMoazzam
  • 4 Post By abdulrehmanrauf
  • 1 Post By getscorpion
  • 1 Post By getscorpion

Thread: Self starter in your Sprinter....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Self starter in your Sprinter....

Yesterday, I checked with my Suzuki motorcycle mechanic (who previously have worked in Suzuki claim center) if a self starter can (easily) be installed in Suzuki Sprinter. He told me that it is doable and on 'genuine' setting. The international version of Sprinter comes with Self starter.

Further he told me the following estimates,

1. A day or two is required to bring all the necessary stuff which includes self motor, different kind of reels (garari), magnet (need to be replaced the stock one as it has not the required reel fitted), wiring related stuff, bigger battery. All the stuff will be Japanese used ones in healthy condition.

2. 2 - 3 days are required for complete genuine installation. Includes mechanical and electrical work.

3. 10K - 12K is the total cost including everything from material till labor.

Secondly I asked for the alloys and the disk brake. He gave me estimated cost of 15000 which includes complete alloy rim with brakes, complete disk brake system. Front suspension rods are not included. Only bottles will be changed.

All will be Japanese stuff with very good neat and clean conditioned.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good info

So 10K is used price, if it was factory fitted, I am sure it will cost more than 15K and on that price Sprinter can't compete in local market ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my opinion if its company fitted then cost might be lower than 10K. Because in this case, you do not need to replace the magnet, no battery replacement, no big change in the wiring. The additional cost will be of self motor and the reels plus you can add cost for additional labor and cost of extra wiring and battery price difference.

Since company do work in bulk and has large scale setup so I think it should not cost them more than 5K - 7K.

Raider has already touched hike from 81K to 91,400/= in just an year or so. Those people who are still purchasing Sprinter can purchase with additional cost.

Quote Originally Posted by mfdarvesh View Post
    Good info

So 10K is used price, if it was factory fitted, I am sure it will cost more than 15K and on that price Sprinter can't compete in local market ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Plus, I felt that Sprinter is always underrated. This bike is much more capable then people think about it. I also had a similar thought before owning this bike.

If you compare this bike in long run with 70cc bikes then Sprinter outclass them in every aspects we consider the most.

Greater fuel economy then a 70cc.

Longer tuning intervals, no khurcha of air filter at each tuning. My sprinter is about 5 yrs old now and the stock air filter is still in healthy condition.

Longer parts life. 70cc clutch plates do not last more than 15000 - 20000kms where as Sprinter's can last upto 60 - 70000kms. I recently change mine at 50K but plates were in very good condition still and I regret changing them.

Much longer engine life as compare to 70cc engine.

So in short, Sprinter has everything that people look in a 70cc bike.

The only drawbacks are knowledge about these bikes and good mechanics.

About spare parts, there can be two different opinions,

1. Those who can spend more money at one time, they consider spares not that expensive because they know this is long term benefit.

2. Those who can't. So for them spares are no doubt expensive and this is the most prominent reason that people don't go for Suzuki bikes.

Here in Pakistan motorcycle bikers category, mostly people pocket do not allow to spend big at one time I think.

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    In my opinion if its company fitted then cost might be lower than 10K. Because in this case, you do not need to replace the magnet, no battery replacement, no big change in the wiring. The additional cost will be of self motor and the reels plus you can add cost for additional labor and cost of extra wiring and battery price difference.

Since company do work in bulk and has large scale setup so I think it should not cost them more than 5K - 7K.

Raider has already touched hike from 81K to 91,400/= in just an year or so. Those people who are still purchasing Sprinter can purchase with additional cost.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro you want self start on a 100 cc bike or 110 whatever it is ? totally waste of money + time + effort.
    Sent from Cultus Limited Edition... using iphone 6sss...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay but on what basis you are saying that it is a wastage? Can you please elaborate a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by chdemon View Post
    bro you want self start on a 100 cc bike or 110 whatever it is ? totally waste of money + time + effort.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay but on what basis you are saying that it is a wastage? Can you please elaborate a bit more.
    yar itni bhi kya aram pasandi kay 100 cc bike ko banda kick hi na laga sakay.
    Sent from Cultus Limited Edition... using iphone 6sss...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai jaan thora sa effort kar lay aur kick maar lia karay and if you spare 12K buy something else because it is not a 600cc bike that you are unable to kick it
    Try kicking a GS150 and you will feel the pinch
    for GS150 a self starter is really a plus point but for a 70cc or 100cc engine i can live without a self starter as it is managable

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good effort bro. best of luck.
    do post pix & other details when installation is completed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kick starting a Sprinter is such an easy task.. try kick starting a GS150, it has a terrible kick starting mechanism.. Sprinter's kick starter is just malayi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think its a wastage of money.. bcoz kick lagana koi itna bara masla nahi hai jis k peeche itne paise kharch ker diye jayen...
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqas18 View Post
    I think its a wastage of money.. bcoz kick lagana koi itna bara masla nahi hai jis k peeche itne paise kharch ker diye jayen...
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Kick starting a Sprinter is such an easy task.. try kick starting a GS150, it has a terrible kick starting mechanism.. Sprinter's kick starter is just malayi
    Yara aik tou hum PW ki samjh nahi aati... pichlay 2 - 3 months say self starter per he behas chal rahi thi khas tour per GD110 k anay k baad... hatta k kuch members ne tou self ki base per poori ki poori bike he good ya bad rate kerna start ker de thi

Lakin its good k yahan members kafi achay hein jou app ko any time ap k bhalay k liye advice aur guidance dete rehtay hein...so hats off to them

Dear fellows mera is thread ka maqsad sirf ye tha k jou loag interested hein un k liye aik acha option mojood hai. Recently mene net per kafi jaga dekha k loag Sprinter me ya kisi aur bike me starter install kerna chahtay hein per sahi guidance nhi mili kisi ko. Luckily my mechanic recently belonged to Suzuki motorcycle company so he knows things very well and have good contacts. And he is totally professional and trustful.

Secondly, I know that it is easy to kick Sprinter engine as it is very soft like Malayi ..no doubt. But if someone knows the horrible traffic at M.A. Jinnah road Karachi in evening where you have to stop after every few meters and for minutes..... due to number of traffic signals and the cross intersections. With high fuel prices, if you have a self starter than it is very convenient to have self in your bike. To start and shut just become a touch. My Karachi fellows will agree with this because they have felt the ultimate pain of Bandar road.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos View Post
    good effort bro. best of luck.
    do post pix & other details when installation is completed.
    Bro, I actually wanted to go for alloys and disk brake and the self starter. I asked the overall estimates and the mechanic himself told me to go first for the alloys and disk brake. He was saying once you install them "tum mujhe duaen do ge aur phir spokes per ana pasand nahi kero ge".

So may be after eid I will get installed alloys and disk brakes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

With high fuel prices, if you have a self starter than it is very convenient to have self in your bike. To start and shut just become a touch. My Karachi fellows will agree with this because they have felt the ultimate pain of Bandar road.
    totally agreed ... that's what i m doing these days u should go for disc brake, its a life saver feature, believe me ..drum brakes are dumb ..i also thought drum brakes are good enough until i used disc my self .... however for self starter do ask him about warranty too .. cause we can't totally rely on these ustaads ...
    Rise from the ashes,.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup sure. Actually he is no more ustaad now. He has worked for Suzuki motorcycle claim center where he rectified all the problems claimed by the customers.

And I have been with him since Jan 2013 and I have no doubt on his credibility and capability.

And yes I asked him about the warranty. He told me that whole installation procedure will be based on genuine settings, complete Japanese stuff and that too of Suzuki and not Chinese. He assured me that there will no jugar or ustaad wali alteration .

Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    totally agreed ... that's what i m doing these days u should go for disc brake, its a life saver believe me ... however for self starter do ask him about warranty too .. cause we can't totally rely on these ustaads ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u know what, self starter is necessary atleast in khi cause if one accidentally shut his bike on road, the traffic behind him gets so furious, it seems like they will beat him to death and wont give him a chance to kick start his bike
    Rise from the ashes,.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hhahaahaah very true shuker hai kafir kafir nahi kehtay werna buray alqabat, gaaliyan, horn pe horn tou normal hai.

u know what, self starter is necessary atleast in khi cause if one accidentally shut his bike on road, the traffic behind him gets so furious, it seems like they will beat him to death and wont give him a chance to kick start his bike

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hhahaahaah very true shuker hai kafir kafir nahi kehtay werna buray alqabat, gaaliyan, horn pe horn tou normal hai.
    Have to agree on keeping bike running during isharay.. Piaggio lena paray ga

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahahahahah lol true...
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List