178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry Rubbish drivers and what to do when you encounter them

Today on my motorcycle i avoided 3 potential accidents. I'm really fed up of the bad driving regulations and careless, jahil drivers plaguing the roads. In the first incident i was driving at 60km/h in the left most lane of Kashmir highway just besides jumma bazar. There was a line of cars waiting for entry into the bazar, when suddenly a driver pulled out of the line onto the highway without even looking what's coming behind. Thank God my eyes were quick to pick this jahil admi and i swerved my bike a bit, avoiding the vehicle(Alhumdulillah). I shouted something at the driver though, which made him angry. He followed me for quite a bit, even pulled over by my side and threw threatening glances, but i ignored him and drove calmly. At the signal he got left behind while i lane splitted to the front.

Then coming back i was again driving at a normal speed when a driver got onto the road via a u-turn without even considering my bike as a vehicle. I had to slow down quickly otherwise, you know, accident ho jata. The same happened again nearly 5 minutes later. I couldn't control my anger at the scum that's allowed to drive on our country's roads.

Most of you would have faced such drivers no doubt, but tell me, is there no way we can combat this issue? Report them to the police? Are there no laws to enforce sensible driving? I'm really fed up of the way motorcyclists face such rabid creatures on the road. I love driving my bike but i though today agar accident ho aisay main to gari main bach bachao ho jaye ga.

Please give your views on this. Thanks!
    The same goes for annoying and reckless 'riders'. And these include those who think they can ride in the middle lane at 30km/h

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    hath jor ker mafi mantay huay aik pic print ker k laga li jaye phir
    hahahahahahaha muafi qabool ki jati hai lolzzz
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Managing traffic police

Somebody throw light on managing traffic police when they catch you.how to get rid of them and saving penalty amount

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post
    Somebody throw light on managing traffic police when they catch you.how to get rid of them and saving penalty amount
    Even if you don't look kike it but always tell them that you are a student and talk to them politely
    This trick works for me every time

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    Rubbish drivers and what to do when you encounter them - Safar2Bki2BDua

guys, first of all always recite ayatalkursi and dua for journey...make it a habit, never leave without reciting them...

second there are only two categories of riders/drivers here...

First who aware of traffic rules and apply them...

Second, well we all know them very well and sad part is they are the majority...

i hv encountered many incidents on bike as well as driving car... i hv also seen well educated guys driving like a moron with no sense of traffic rules at all.. and those altered 70 guys, they hv a short life... what else one cay...

The only solution is traffic rules awareness and strict implementation but sadly there's no campaign to educating people from traffic police... cause if all people will start follow traffic rules then how would constables make black money...

So the best possible way to safely ride/drive here is to stay 100% focused on road, keep an eye on surrounding via back view mirrors.. avoid too much sudden acceleration.. i hv seen many riders listening songs via earphones or talking on th fone while riding... that's the worst mistake one can do.. ears play an important part in alerting u from unseen danger...use a good quality helmet with air vents cause local helmet blocks ur listening power too... when riding, i always keep distance from truck, buses and cars with aunty drivers..i even change the lane as soon as i see them cause they will bang you in no time to save their own vehicle from a tiny bump... disc brake is a life saving accessory specially in city traffic... i hv got saved by it many times when it seemed impossible to avoid an accident..

Sent from Mars using Mind Control
    you have read my thoughts brother

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you did something wrong you can ask them to pardon you/give second chance. but never bribe them even if they take it remember rishwat denay wala lenay wala donon jahannumi.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ammarzahid & SyedMoazzam bros.both of you are right.ye log educated(graduate) hen inki request ki jaey tu chhor detey hen.behs na ki jaey.student tu pta nai me lgta hon ya nai lgta magr jb leads college me parhaya karta tha tu pochtey they wardens k ap kia kartey ho?jb suntey they k teacher hon me tu politeness show kartey they.me ne b hmesha request ki ha politely tu chhor detey hen mgr ye kali wrdi waley ghundey type police walon se kbi politely bat nai ki or na krni chahiey wrna mzeed tng kartey hen.sakhti se or confidence se bat kro ksi tagree personality ka reference do(chahey jhota) tu bat banti ha

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sfr ki dua tu parhni hi chahiey but sath aayet al kursi b parh li jaey tu bht acha ha.hmesha ghr se nkltey huey parhni chahiey

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

today i noticed the ratio of bad riders to bad drivers is like 99:2-3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The best way is to keep your own self in check. I never ride in most left lane because 99% of my accidents (most of which were a close call) have always happened in left lane with me. IMO, a biker's biggest enemy is not the four wheels. Its the two wheelers i.e. bikers.

One of the reasons i almost always stay in right lane because i feel safer there. I use rear view mirrors so i try not to be a "blocker" and give ways to four wheelers. Being in right lane calls for high speed, which suits my comfort zone because i find myself always doing atleast 60 when on main roads like Canal Road (infact, its my primary route for traveling within Lahore, for its traffic clearance)

Whenever i see a rider/driver on the road fulfilling the requirements (mirrors, gloves, helmet or sane driving/riding etc) i try to appreciate using Thumbs Up to that individual. I am mostly greeted with a smile, which is always refreshing ... and mildly amusing.

But for bad drivers, well ... they just annoy you. So its better to look out for yourself. Not only keep yourself safe by obeying traffic laws, but also keep those poor souls on the road, who can't drive/ride properly, away from you. The incidents mentioned in opening post, are nothing new. I have faced such issues millions of times but Alhamdullillah, i got saved all the time. The power of Ayat-al'kursi and Safar ki Duaa.

A word of advice to the ride in opening post. You implied that you faced these unfortunate events in ONE DAY. You should've stopped your bike and taken a few minutes to relax yourself when it happened the 2nd time. This helps a lot. Trust me.

I was once returning from my institute when two times i was about to collide with either a car or a bike. Feeling annoying and a little afraid, i stopped the bike road side, turned off the engine and took 2 minutes off. After that, again read Ayat-al-kursi & safar ki duaa and continued my journey towards home. This time, i was feeling more confident, safe and relaxed.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@^
    do u stay in right most lane?
    i find it quite annoying when i see some bike in right most lane esp when they dont give way either though most of the cars also dont give way to which u can be reckless n over take from extreme left or just drive calmly n angirly on their tail

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just WRITE L behind on the plate and u r safe

huan dass ?

Quote Originally Posted by waqas18 View Post
    Uneducated banda urdu bhi nahi parh sakta

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ammarzahid

i face off similar situation at F-11. one bolan driver probaly in charas nasha or something horn me from behind as the road was two way
    there is no way to give .The Jahil came from left and almost try to knock me over with bolan body. almost killing me

the tyre was hit by body part and just squeak right a bit speed was moderate i some how manage to control it. and lower the speed.

but i came after him with my truck horn and horn the hell out of him.

and made him stop and tell me what the helll u r doing this is not a race to win , police at nakka near by stop him (after seeing him)and apprehend him
    as he have no docs

i have driven alot by such reclkess and careless offender i didnt seen.

so watch out from those guys - who in anger can put someone life at risk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    @^
    do u stay in right most lane?
    i find it quite annoying when i see some bike in right most lane esp when they dont give way either though most of the cars also dont give way to which u can be reckless n over take from extreme left or just drive calmly n angirly on their tail
    Yes right most lane. But obviously i can't do that on bigger (or 5-6 lane) roads because its just wrong. I was mainly talking about Canal Road where right most lane is the place where i get most clearance. I use Indicators heavily so its not a problem for me.

At this point, if i stay in left lane, then 99% of the time i am greeted with those who don't even indicate while changing lane, or turning left or right. Which result in exactly the same stuff mentioned in the opening post.

And you are talking about those who never use rear view mirrors and are mostly found riding slow in right most lane, or they are just plain reckless, racing type.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Yes right most lane. But obviously i can't do that on bigger (or 5-6 lane) roads because its just wrong. I was mainly talking about Canal Road where right most lane is the place where i get most clearance. I use Indicators heavily so its not a problem for me.

At this point, if i stay in left lane, then 99% of the time i am greeted with those who don't even indicate while changing lane, or turning left or right. Which result in exactly the same stuff mentioned in the opening post.

And you are talking about those who never use rear view mirrors and are mostly found riding slow in right most lane, or they are just plain reckless, racing type.
    i have never seen any1 using mirrors,hardly 1% of bikers have mirrors on bikes
    yea no mirrors n driving slow n dont give space n some of them r like driving in the middle of the lane

the ones who r reckless pass on zig zagging through the traffic,a few zig zag even on empty lane lol
    shukar hai,dont have to face much stunts on main roads mostly

i have seen few pulling stunts on bikes starting from zero who lie down the bike n do that in right most lane,i keep a good distance from them since they wont give space n what if they fell down esp infront of me

i saw one bike in pindi,dont know what they did to it,rear wheel was bigger than front n the silencer had pretty loud sound,it was there not removed,n it was back firing on high rpm's the whole way,there was a fire coming out every time from silencer,wasnt that risky in some way for them?
    @himmi_Pak
    such people r mostly driving cars of some other person so they dont really care for anything

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

some body plz tel about license. koi ha waqif banda jo pesey ley apni fees or ghr bethey license mil jaey easily.me ne suna ha k 2 ya 3k se kam ho jata ha.9 to 6 tu office me hotey hen tu license ki tnsn kesey karey.somebody plz tel if anyone is providing such service in lahore?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

some body plz tel about license. koi ha waqif banda jo pesey ley apni fees or ghr bethey license mil jaey easily.me ne suna ha k 2 ya 3k se kam ho jata ha.9 to 6 tu office me hotey hen tu license ki tnsn kesey karey.somebody plz tel if anyone is providing such service in lahore?
    illegal.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

License office is open on Saturdays too and if you are free on that day- take a trip down and get your license.

If not, I am sure your manager/ boss can understand and probably give you 1-2 hours off for that purpose.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Perfect way I found to avoid such accidents by careless drivers is to drive slow and each time they come near u ...press the horn till he or she moves away....and by horn I mean a heavy one.....not proud of the method but in Pakistan it works and sometimes it doesn't...

Sent from my HTC Rhyme S510b using PW Forums mobile app
    JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today 9 our of 10 are bad drivers.
    No one
    cares about drive lanes on the road,
    cares about overtaking,
    correct parking,
    cares about right of way,

It seems no one cares about any thing on the road.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Agar aap himat nahi kar sakte aur chotta kam kara kar licence banwana chate ho by giving money 2/3k as u mentioned, which is illegal coz it shud be u doing the procedures required and not someone else.aisa na ho ke ye jaali Kaam kara kar aap to baad main is ka nateeja bokadna ho.kindly refrain from this habit brother. I understand that u don't have time but times aata nahi nikalna parta hai.

I applied for learner licence and waited 42 days for permanent licence.Then after 42 days I went for permanent licence, filled out the paper work.They said they would take academic test then physical and then driving test.Well I gave the first test which was academic test.I failed the test.Passing percentage was 80 percent while i got 73.so I was asked to re appear for the test after waiting for 42 days.I was very frustrated coz of passing percentage. And now I am still waiting for re-test.
    It can be frustrating to apply for licence and go thru the tests but on the other hand you are also doing it the right way.

Hope you understand my point

Regards

22. 28-10-2013, 12:14 AM

PakWheeler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

User Tag List