228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Motorcycle Paper Type Airfilter & Foam Type AirFilter

Hello guys to my limited knowledge as for as i know these are two common type of motorcycle
    air filter or cleaning system one i know is Paper airfilter also known as maintenance free
    airfilter and other is Foam typre air filter in pakistani motorcycle the two most famous bikes
    Honda CD70 comes with paper typre airfilter & Honda CG125 comes with foam type filter
    other honda bikes deluxe and pridor also comes with foam filter in suzuki bikes GS has foam filter
    and newly introduced international GD110 has paper filter
    my last bike honda deluxe and now currently i own pridor
    what i have observed about these foam filters owning these two bikes
    the only advantage of foam typre filters is less cost as their life is long mechanics say
    it can serve till lifetime of bike but when i searched on net i came to know yes there life is long
    but they need to be maintained properly cleaned properly if the procedure is not followed properly
    foam can get damage and this could result in quick wear of engine or simply not good for engine

Now cleaning the foam type filter is not the easiest or enjoyable task
    it takes lot of time & needs to be done properly if not done properly immediately
    you feel loss in bikes performance a choke filter can result in bad patrol average loss in bikes acceleration
    and i have observed this personally even if you master in cleaning it properly yet again the problem is taking
    out time of hours in cleaning it what if you go to ustaad log for this believe or not
    i don't think there is single ustaad in pakistan who would clean the airfilter properly
    from what i have learnt little bit on net and have personally observed the work of 3 honda trained machanics
    they follow the worst procedures for cleaning it so simply bottom line is no
    mechanic can clean it for you its you who need to take time and clean it properly

On the other paper typre filter known as maintenance free filters you can understand
    why they are called maintenance free means they don't require maintenance
    you don't need to take out hours to clean them you just need to replace them
    and you are good to go if the filter is not very dirty you can
    just clean it with air no need to wash it and than leave it for drying for hours than oiling it
    the only disadvantage that i have observed in these filters is the cost you need to pay to replace it
    so every tuning or suppose the mileage 1000km you need to change it and pay for it
    i am guessing no idea of current market CD70 filter cost around 40,60 rupees genuine
    so if you ask me my personal thoughts after keeping two bikes with foam filter mechanism
    man i will pay happily and purchase new filter rather investing hours to clean filter
    and much better installing fresh filter and immediately you are ready to go and your bike can breath easy and free

*First of all my question is from you guys kindly tell which filter you like or will prefer to have in bike?

*my others questions to AHl & for you guys too why they are giving foam filters when there not a single mechanic can clean
    such kinda filters properly they are rather destroying these filters and they are not easily available in market
    specially the foam filter of bike as pridor un proper cleaning of these filters can badly effect reduce engine life
    and you immediately feel loss in bikes performance so why to give such kinda filters in bike?
    why not introduce paper filters in there others bikes too? which can serve better properly
    this is directly related to bikes performance and its engine life so its an serious issue

My final thoughts i am really frustrated using bike with foam type filters
    i really wanna have a bike with maintenance free filter i would happy paying some rupees
    for my bike and give it a new filter

Now in the end one request if my thoughts about these two kinda filters are wrong
    please explain i wanna know what are advantage & disadvantages of these two filter
    in contrast to each others i have shared my point of you it may be wrong and i want to
    gain more info about these two typre of filters

Honda CD70 Air filter
    Motorcycle Paper Type Airfilter &  Foam Type AirFilter -1295430

Honda Pridor 100 Air Filter
    Motorcycle Paper Type Airfilter &  Foam Type AirFilter -1295438

Suzuki GD110 Air Filter
    Motorcycle Paper Type Airfilter &  Foam Type AirFilter -1295439

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Difference is simple the paper one is more restrictive and gives more cleaner air. But the foam is not as restrictive hence a foam filter will give good performance.

The is a third type of filter that is pod type. That is the least restrictive one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    Difference is simple the paper one is more restrictive and gives more cleaner air. But the foam is not as restrictive hence a foam filter will give good performance.

The is a third type of filter that is pod type. That is the least restrictive one.

bro means if we want performance the foam filters are the only way to go for??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post

That is not correct. It depends on the pore size of the paper or the foam. Either one will work properly if it is of good quality.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GD110 110Km/Hr tak to ja rha hay ab aur kitni performance chaiay ap ko
    Agar ap mairay GS150 say race lagaey *** to ap ka GD110 he jeetay ga

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i agree, my previous and current ride hv foam type filters and not a single mechanic knows or bother to clean them properly.... in the end u hv to do it yourself ... however, foam filters are much more efficient in trapping dust particles than paper filter ... that's why they are widely used in dirt bikes ... and like we hv the pollution level in our cities, foam filters are the way to go ... only thing we need is companies should hv trained their hathora ustaads(they just love to live in past, don't they) to follow the right procedure for cleaning ...

Sent from Mars using Telegraph
    Rise from the ashes,.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    only thing we need is companies should hv trained their hathora ustaads(they just love to live in past, don't they) to follow the right procedure for cleaning
    Haha sure they do .. And notice that whenever you mention "Suzuki or Piaggio" infront of them .. They're always like "Honda Honda hai" .. God i'm so sick of this Line .. When they don't have anything better to say or whenever they run out of words in an argument they always use this line/dialogue.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    i agree, my previous and current ride hv foam type filters and not a single mechanic knows or bother to clean them properly.... in the end u hv to do it yourself ... however, foam filters are much more efficient in trapping dust particles than paper filter ... that's why they are widely used in dirt bikes ... and like we hv the pollution level in our cities, foam filters are the way to go ... only thing we need is companies should hv trained their hathora ustaads(they just love to live in past, don't they) to follow the right procedure for cleaning ...
    totally agree
    but even if they train their ustaads, it'll be hard to wait for hours at workshop to get filter ready.
    Best thing is to get an extra filter and keep it prepared and packed in a zip tied plastic bag. When 2000Km are done, just put it in and prepare the other dirty filter whenever you feel bored or something

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

clean foam filter by urself.me also did this.first with kerosine then dish wash liquid and then applied oil after drying properly.thanks gull bro and SHAH JEEEEEEEE for guidance now skoon for next 1500 km

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hope for Bhatti sb to be here
    For Riding Jackets & Gloves, Armors, Saddle Bags, Knee & Elbow Guards etc: https://www.facebook.com/PbcMotorSport?fref=ts

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post
    clean foam filter by urself.me also did this.first with kerosine then dish wash liquid and then applied oil after drying properly.thanks gull bro for guidance now skoon for next 1500 km
    Actually the dish wash liquid was my idea

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=SyedMoazzam;4117854]Actually the dish wash liquid was my idea[/QUOTE

sorry shah jee.me abi apni post edit karta hon.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think there is a bit more than just paper filter and foam filter. In paper filter itself there are at least two types; one is where the paper is of straight shape and the second where the paper comes in zig zag form.
    If we may ask which of the filters is better, paper or foam, then two things will have to be kept in mind, i.e., whether we are looking for a filter for more performance or whether we need a filter that blocks more dust. A filter that blocks more dust will reduce the engine performance once a lot of dust has clogged its surface for air to flow to the engine. Somewhere I read that off road bikers prefer Foam Filter for their bikes because even when they get dirty the allow more air to flow to the engine as compared to paper filter and secondly you do not need to replace them too often; remove the filter clean it and just put it back.
    When it comes to big bikes K&N gives a lot of options, but I have no in-depth information on performance filters and that which one is best, I have never been into races
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but here due to in experience mechanics situation is different
    foam filters are proving not good for performance due to improper method to clean & maintain them
    you see first these honda mechanic did not even bother to use oil on filter they just use to clean it with patrol
    & install it back and still many are following this but now i have seen they starting to use oil
    but they follow the worst procedure to oil the foam and i am sure they will never follow what is recommended
    as its quite to do and needs some hard work and using patrol is very dangerous for foam it is recommended to use
    wash the foam with kerosene oil patrol is highly not recommended now they will bear expense of using kerosene oil
    to clean these foam filters

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    but here due to in experience mechanics situation situation is different
    foam filters are proving not good for performance due to improper method to clean & maintain them

amjad bro as you told your bike wasn't performing well because you thought you put more gear oil on filter.
    How is it doing now???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    amjad bro as you told your bike wasn't performing well because you thought you put more gear oil on filter.
    How is it doing now???
    yes it was worst experience and it was only because i did not squeeze out all oil from foam
    & there was another reason too

Gull bhai from this experience i learnt good lesson and learnt i was doing one other mistake too
    with these type of filters i was not paying attention towards this thing and it was important

bro jo filter foam es mein aisa nahein ke aap jo bhi side chahe us taraf se charha de fitler jaali par
    foam ka jo hisa janha se stiching ki huwe hai woh ooper hona chahiye dono foam filters ki
    mein us baat notice nahein kar raha tha aur filter ulta laga deta tha abhi maine last do baar
    filter saaf karke lagaaya aur mashAllah buhat buhat barha faraq aaya performance par
    believe mujhe aisa lag raha tha jaise new zero meter pridor chala raha hon aur mere doston ne
    jab bike chalaaye toh woh bhi buhat tareef kar rahe thi bike ka pick up wapas aa gaya
    aur ab performance brilliant hai toh es se yeh saabat hota hai kitna faraq parhta hai agar filter sahe
    taraah saaf na ho aur agar oil sahe taraah se nahein nikaala jaaye foam mein toh bike ki performance par
    kitna faraq partha hai

now i am taking good caution in cleaning fitler and try to use oil nicely and squeeze it out all very hardly
    but damn this process simply is not enjoyable it takes good hours

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

which air filter is best for honda 70 2013?pod or paper

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think filter is not a big deal even if you want to keep bike for more than 5 years. just use recommended filters from authorised dealer and clean it after 1000 km with pressurised air or bolwer yourself and change after 2000 km. for 70cc bikes 60 to 100 rupees filter after 2000 km is reasonable.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

amjad bhai i have used paper , foam and pod filters in my yb and i say that pod filter performed the best ,
    My friend modified paper filter to foam filter , its better then paper filter , bike breaths easy and dust is cleaned better , but pod filter takes it away , bike feels way responsive at it
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hidalgo bro that means pod filters are the best for performance
    but what about their qualities as an filter in preventing dust
    bro but these days in most latest bikes paper type maintenance free filters are being
    used and preferred by manufactures and they does seem better choice atleast over foam filters
    its really hard to maintain foam filters specially in pakistan and they ustaad log ruining them

Bro one question are these pod type filters also like those paper maintenance free filters
    i mean we just need to replace them after some time of usage or we can maintain them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List