7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Installing Deluxe Shocks+Disk Brake on GS150

Hi everybody
    So here is the story.
    After a bit of collecting info, i came to conclusion that it'll be piece of cake to buy complete Deluxe front and install it on GS. So i went ahead and told my brother in Lahore to get the parts and send to me.
    Well parts arrived and i went to city, recieved the parts from Daewoo Cargo and arrived at Suzuki service center.
    Opened the package and started checking the parts and found out that not even a single bolt was included in the package, plus the speedometer cable plate was also missing. Bummer. Anyway, i thought it's ok, i'll get them parceled from Lahore as well.
    But after examining the shocks, mechanic told me that these shocks can't be fitted on GS's stock "Ainac" because they use different tighting mechanism at the top. So i said ok, i'll get the Deluxe's Ainac as well along with the bolts.
    But also little worried now, what if Deluxe's Ainac don't fit and if it fits, what if it doesn't match the lower Ainac (part of handle T) of GS??? I was totally counting on the easy replacement of shocks.

Lots of hassle and can't really check and compare the parts at spot as nothing is available in my city
    Don't know if i'll be able to complete this project in my city, may be i will need to be in Lahore myself with bike to get it done.

Installing Deluxe ShocksDisk Brake on GS -1303627

Similar Threads:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dr.omair View Post
    Presently, I fill up my tank, set my trip meter to zero and calculate how much km will i be able to drive..... This way, I can tell when i will run out of fuel
    A fuel guage can help me get rid of this problem

My stock headlight focuses the beam everywhere except the front where i need to see....

Oooooo plz help me out here
    Dr Sahb, I can help you on H/L issue
    Pl go to Pakistanbikersclub.com forums/technicals Section/Headlight and Illumination where I have made a big research on this topic which is not possible to place here, I can only advice to (1) replace complete H/L with Deluxe, (2) Change the Cone & Glass with Jialing H/L or (3) Install HID Lamp in same H/L instead of Normal Stock OEM Lamp

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir nice thread.
    need some info!
    my cousine owns on gs150.
    he want to make it look like deluxe from front and back.
    can we install deluxe seat cowl with back light and it,s mud guard so mean to say total delux from rear and front also.
    can we do that please.
    thanks.
    valuable comments are welcome.
    FXXB and EJ8 on its way............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AA. I'm new to this forum and also a proud owner of GS150. I searched a lot on installing disk brake setup on GS. I met with various people and finally came to conclusion that Deluxe or Ravi Piaggio disk brake setup is possible only with replacing whole front i.e shocks, TEE (Dorbin ya AINAQ) and the rod of deluxe TEE (Dorbin ya AINAQ) must be replaced with GS Tee ROD. same in case of ravi piaggio setup.
    Some people are suggesting the Iron slab for disk brake, plz stay away this is very dangerous it will definitely brake the shaft bushes.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

User Tag List