0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post A review of engine oils

We have a lots of different bikes in our firm and on the suggestion of our 5s Honda Workshop. We only use Liqui Moly Racing 4t 20W-50 in our bikes We have also tried their other Oils in Racing 4t category 10W-40 mineral, Semi Synthetic even Synthetics. For the last 6 years we have been using Liqui Moly Racing 4t 20W-50. Some of our bike are ridiculously use and abuse by our employees but I am impressed with the performance of the oil and obviously Honda 5s Mechanic who tunned them. We have 7 deluxe for our sales executives and one of them has a mileage of 178,000 kms with first engine and believe me according to the rider it doesn't required anything yet clock to 125 km/h with on economy speed gives a mileage of 51 km/litre on a long journeys doesn't get better than that! I think that particular model of deluxe is 2010. There are many other examples in Pridors, Cd70s and have 4 GS150s. If we go and analyse each and every bike then I am afraid I have to write 3-4 articles on that but bottom line is that we are more than happy with Liqui Moly Racing 4t. We analyse our bikes performances onto that level you wouldn't believe but after looking at this thread today I have to give you this advise all of em are worthless so far Liqui Moly Racing 4t more than worth of every single penny we spend so far. I give you little example our average bike run about 200 km in a day including city and on long and we change oil after 4000km on every bike and believe me it always works like a charm! I am not representative of Liqui Moly or anything I just felt by just reading all of your comments, reviews, concerns and opinions, I thought this oil deserve that much that if I explain my view and our researches on almost each and every mobile oil either it is imported or local made come in to Pakistan this will help make your guys mind that's all! Sometimes we by ourselves import the oil from around the world 6 to 7 of em stands out better than liqui moly but again cost is an issue and some of them doesn't suit our climate and our local made bike. I give you an example we even tried tried and tested Amsoil for goodness sack. You guys talk a lot about JASO MA certification I tell you what I've met with the executives of these companies they don't have any certification or any thing they are just fooling us here in Pakistan all credit goes to our week justice system and corruption. Pakistan is a money making heaven for all these companies.

regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dre View Post
    We have a lots of different bikes in our firm and on the suggestion of our 5s Honda Workshop. We only use Liqui Moly Racing 4t 20W-50 in our bikes We have also tried their other Oils in Racing 4t category 10W-40 mineral, Semi Synthetic even Synthetics. For the last 6 years we have been using Liqui Moly Racing 4t 20W-50. Some of our bike are ridiculously use and abuse by our employees but I am impressed with the performance of the oil and obviously Honda 5s Mechanic who tunned them. We have 7 deluxe for our sales executives and one of them has a mileage of 178,000 kms with first engine and believe me according to the rider it doesn't required anything yet clock to 125 km/h with on economy speed gives a mileage of 51 km/litre on a long journeys doesn't get better than that! I think that particular model of deluxe is 2010. There are many other examples in Pridors, Cd70s and have 4 GS150s. If we go and analyse each and every bike then I am afraid I have to write 3-4 articles on that but bottom line is that we are more than happy with Liqui Moly Racing 4t. We analyse our bikes performances onto that level you wouldn't believe but after looking at this thread today I have to give you this advise all of em are worthless so far Liqui Moly Racing 4t more than worth of every single penny we spend so far. I give you little example our average bike run about 200 km in a day including city and on long and we change oil after 4000km on every bike and believe me it always works like a charm! I am not representative of Liqui Moly or anything I just felt by just reading all of your comments, reviews, concerns and opinions, I thought this oil deserve that much that if I explain my view and our researches on almost each and every mobile oil either it is imported or local made come in to Pakistan this will help make your guys mind that's all! Sometimes we by ourselves import the oil from around the world 6 to 7 of em stands out better than liqui moly but again cost is an issue and some of them doesn't suit our climate and our local made bike. I give you an example we even tried tried and tested Amsoil for goodness sack. You guys talk a lot about JASO MA certification I tell you what I've met with the executives of these companies they don't have any certification or any thing they are just fooling us here in Pakistan all credit goes to our week justice system and corruption. Pakistan is a money making heaven for all these companies.

regards
    personally i think this oil is overrated but than again its my personal view, we pakistani often follow sheep steps.

in past i have used following imported oil and by all means they fulfill all our requirements and they are in normal price range.

1) petromin ultra7 20w-50 ( last purchased for 1600 rupees/4ltrs can ) used in car/bike/home generator works without problem for extended hours

2) valvoline xld 20w-50 ( last purchased for 1800 rupees/4ltrs can ) used in car/bike/home generator works without problem for extended hours

3) using mobil special 20w-50 ( now using it as above 2 oil are not available in market) price 1900 rupees for 4ltr can worth every penny of it .

why pay more when u can get better oil in reasonable price.

kind regards
    Help others so that u can be Helped

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Dr, Very informative, but Please post ur valued comments in our dedicated thread (Motorcycle engine oils) Started by Amjad brother
    Geo aur Genay do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just give a try to Liqui Moly and in sha Allah you will be mighty pleased. And you are not paying more because this oil has worth

Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    personally i think this oil is overrated but than again its my personal view, we pakistani often follow sheep steps.

in past i have used following imported oil and by all means they fulfill all our requirements and they are in normal price range.

1) petromin ultra7 20w-50 ( last purchased for 1600 rupees/4ltrs can ) used in car/bike/home generator works without problem for extended hours

2) valvoline xld 20w-50 ( last purchased for 1800 rupees/4ltrs can ) used in car/bike/home generator works without problem for extended hours

3) using mobil special 20w-50 ( now using it as above 2 oil are not available in market) price 1900 rupees for 4ltr can worth every penny of it .

kind regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kind regards
    Yeah we are paying more and getting almost double drain intervals
    I change my 150's oil at 1800Km because it can retain its properties even at that mileage
    Had i bought stupid havoline it had costed me less but then i had to change it at 800Km because after that it just turns into water
    So which is the better choice here then

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    Yeah we are paying more and getting almost double drain intervals
    I change my 150's oil at 1800Km because it can retain its properties even at that mileage
    Had i bought stupid havoline it had costed me less but then i had to change it at 800Km because after that it just turns into water
    So which is the better choice here then
    i prefer to drain mobil1 5w-50 full synthetic at max 6k km interval from my axio and swift also from previous ride for the peace of mind and u intend to run 1800 km on mineral oil in dusty climate just to prove lm is oil which can take that beating. i highly doubt health of yr ride engine.
    dealing with oils from mobil is done from last 6 years not only in rides but in marine engine M/E -A/E never have problem with it.

why to risk for some thing which is costing almost the price of syn oil and in return giving min oil.

kind regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@humayun990....Dude I don't need to comment on other threads coz we did all the researches on our fleet of 63 bikes. I don't need your opinions I just put my experience on this new thread with all oils available here or imported from outside, you name it + we didn't try these oils on just one or two different models we tried this on each and and every model of Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki locally made here in Pakistan not the imported bikes. My team put a lot of effort conducting lab tests researches, practicals that we came onto a conclusion it seems you guys have just started this. Anyways thanks for reading my post

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i prefer to drain mobil1 5w-50 full synthetic at max 6k km interval from my axio and swift also from previous ride for the peace of mind and u intend to run 1800 km on mineral oil in dusty climate just to prove lm is oil which can take that beating. i highly doubt health of yr ride engine.
    dealing with oils from mobil is done from last 6 years not only in rides but in marine engine M/E -A/E never have problem with it.

why to risk for some thing which is costing almost the price of syn oil and in return giving min oil.

kind regards
    With due respect i was not bragging about promoting the liqui moly brand
    And i have compared it against havoline and not mobil 1 mairay bhai
    I am not trying to prove anything
    Ask any biker, almost every GS150 rider is draining it at 1800Km
    Pehlay parh to lo k may nay kis baat ki hay
    I am not a liqui moly salesman mairay bhai
    and it is not my opinion almost every thread is full about positive reviews about liqui moly

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

With due respect i was not bragging about promoting the liqui moly brand
    And i have compared it against havoline and not mobil 1 mairay bhai
    I am not trying to prove anything
    Ask any biker, almost every GS150 rider is draining it at 1800Km
    Pehlay parh to lo k may nay kis baat ki hay
    I am not a liqui moly salesman mairay bhai
    and it is not my opinion almost every thread is full about positive reviews about liqui moly
    u should have read what i said dear young bro, we often follow sheep steps.

with 23 years of my riding time i can positively say that 1800 km is far far more drain period than it should be no matter what oil it is as we live in dusty environment maybe perhaps some islo member don't face dust on daily basis but every other rider do, u do the maths and then let every one know whats the outcome.

1 rider oil drain interval should not be considered as 2nd person mark.

now coming to yr comparison with lm to havoline, its like comparing a jdm with pkdm.

u should read carefully i compared imported oil with imported oils not with havoline.

i still prefer petromin ultra7 over any fancy given imported mineral oil due to its performance and price tag but its not available in karachi anymore.

btw there was some member who did drain lm within some km of use i read it on some thread.

u are not promoting lm i know, but some 1 is for sure.
    promote the item on pw for free, increase the price after some time, make it short in the market ,after that soon it will be selling on black market price.
    i have been around pw for quite some time and i know what goes around here.

take care and kind regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

with 23 years of my riding time i can positively say that 1800 km is far far more drain period than it should be no matter what oil it is as we live in dusty environment maybe perhaps some islo member don't face dust on daily basis but every other rider do, u do the maths and then let every one know whats the outcome.

now coming to yr comparison with lm to havoline, its like comparing a jdm with pkdm.

u should read carefully i compared imported oil with imported oils not with havoline.

i still prefer petromin ultra7 over any fancy given imported mineral oil due to its performance and price tag but its not available in karachi anymore.

btw there was some member who did drain lm within some km of use i read it on some thread.

promote the item on pw for free, increase the price after some time, make it short in the market ,after that soon it will be selling on black market price.

Ok brother thanks for the advice

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Are you not promoting petromin ultra7 here .... is it bad to tell everyone on PWs what they are looking for desperately ???

and BTW reviews are coming from different cities and not just Islo. No one is following the sheep steps, you should go and read the posts again. Everyone is buying the bottle first (not simply relying on others feedback) and posting their feedback after some use.

Atleast on PW everyone is not dumb they know the available oils be it imported or local made, their grades and their prices. Its not LM only there are reviews on Repsol, KIXX, Zic...etc. Others are also technical like you they know very well if oil is in good condition or not after 1800kms running.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    Are you not promoting petromin ultra7 here .... is it bad to tell everyone on PWs what they are looking for desperately ???

and BTW reviews are coming from different cities and not just Islo. No one is following the sheep steps, you should go and read the posts again. Everyone is buying the bottle first (not simply relying on others feedback) and posting their feedback after some use.

Atleast on PW everyone is not dumb they know the available oils be it imported or local made, their grades and their prices. Its not LM only there are reviews on Repsol, KIXX, Zic...etc. Others are also technical like you they know very well if oil is in good condition or not after 1800kms running.
    petromin was already promoted by sameer aka storm and i do accept it was a 1 fine mineral oil in given price range.
    and let the other technical people reply to my post and disagree after all not every1 on pw is not dumb to follow sheep step.

is it bad to tell pw members that they are getting rip off by mind blowing price of lm mineral oil where in same price range they can go for syn oil which is far more Superior than any mineral oil.
    taking abt the same grade oil here 20w50 of lm and comparing it with petromin ultra7, valvoline xld and mobil special 20w50 is not a crime i believe on this forum .

kind regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did you ever try LM?

Can you give a guarantee that the same (following) will not happen with petromin ultra7, valvoline xld and mobil special 20w50.
    "promote the item on pw for free, increase the price after some time, make it short in the market ,after that soon it will be selling on black market price."

If petromin already promoted then why people do not go for these as compare to LM oil? I am just asking the reason brother.

Can you please tell me the location in Karachi from where I can try these oils - petromin ultra7, valvoline xld. I have already tried Mobil1 special (from Askari genuine bottle) but somehow I was getting heating issue in long run after usage of 800kms, ride became heavier.

Still after the promotion I heard these names for the first time. You will say I am ignorant but how I come to know about other oils like Repsol, Mobil1, Castrol, Kixx...etc. Thats the reason LM was promoted so people will be able to know that there is a very good option they can have.

After LM I am trying a 10W-40 (semi synt) Thailand oil and it is also good but not as good as LM may be not suiting my ride.

Can you give me some links from the international forums. Because before going towards LM I searched on the internet and found many links where people actually telling others that they are switching to LM from well know classy brand Castrol. Can you do the same for me.

All in all I am ready to switch for a better and available oil and sonay per sohaga in less price.

petromin was already promoted by sameer aka storm and i do accept it was a 1 fine mineral oil in given price range.
    and let the other technical people reply to my post and disagree after all not every1 on pw is not dumb to follow sheep step.

is it bad to tell pw members that they are getting rip off by mind blowing price of lm mineral oil where in same price range they can go for syn oil which is far more Superior than any mineral oil.
    taking abt the same grade oil here 20w50 of lm and comparing it with petromin ultra7, valvoline xld and mobil special 20w50 is not a crime i believe on this forum .

kind regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did you ever try LM?

Can you give a guarantee that the same (following) will not happen with petromin ultra7, valvoline xld and mobil special 20w50.
    "promote the item on pw for free, increase the price after some time, make it short in the market ,after that soon it will be selling on black market price."

If petromin already promoted then why people do not go for these as compare to LM oil? I am just asking the reason brother.

Can you please tell me the location in Karachi from where I can try these oils - petromin ultra7, valvoline xld. I have already tried Mobil1 special (from Askari genuine bottle) but somehow I was getting heating issue in long run after usage of 800kms, ride became heavier.

Still after the promotion I heard these names for the first time. You will say I am ignorant but how I come to know about other oils like Repsol, Mobil1, Castrol, Kixx...etc. Thats the reason LM was promoted so people will be able to know that there is a very good option they can have.

After LM I am trying a 10W-40 (semi synt) Thailand oil and it is also good but not as good as LM may be not suiting my ride.

Can you give me some links from the international forums. Because before going towards LM I searched on the internet and found many links where people actually telling others that they are switching to LM from well know classy brand Castrol. Can you do the same for me.

All in all I am ready to switch for a better and available oil and sonay per sohaga in less price.
    1) have i ever tried LM? so never and would never like to becauuse i think its a mineral oil in rip off price.unless it is in reasonable
    price range like every other mineral oil do. ( can i afford it pls don't ask ).

2) u make me smile brother, even sameer can not gurantee the continous flow of petromin ultra7 due to some reason.which make that good oil out of reach of many many members. search forum u will find excellent reviews abt the stated oil.

3) comparing in motor bike thread abt oil is like nothing, these oil threads are relatively new in these section.

4) mobil special 20w50 is product of exxon mobil it self. now search it u will fiind it. mobil1 is also a product of the same company.
    u must have tried some thing different in yr ride.

5) Valvoline is the lubricant industry’s first brand, with over 140 year of heritage proven to extend engine life. valvoline xld is a product of same company.

6) where to find them thats 1 good question. petromin was last purchased 2 years back from dealer at sohrab goth and same dealer was keeping valvoline too. this time when i came back both oil are almost vanished from market because people around us look for cheap solution with some good name like shell,caltex,pso but what they dont know that better oils than these company oil are present in same or less price range to fulfill our requirments .
    tell LM name to any 2nd person apart from pw forum and he will say bhai havoline acha hai, shell ka red dabba acha hai, sgo ya honda ka oil acha hai so what will u say. 700 rupees or 750 rupees ka LM laylo its good and they will laugh at u.
    many of my friend have shifted to mobil special and till now i have not heard a single bad comment abt the oil.
    public ko or kia chahiyeh 1900 rupees ka 4 litre ka dabba that also from good brand like mobil.

btw i am not a promotor of either of any oil as my staying time in pakistan is hardly 2 to3 months out of whole year.
    riding bike is for pleasure, even after extensive nostril surgery this time and not recommended to ride bike for atleast 6months i manage to ride her in the evening.

my main reason to write on this thread is not to degrade any product but to bring into notice of our fellow members that LM is very over priced .
    they can opt for same or better oil of same grade in lesser amount.

kind regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear archon2001, I searched over the internet a lot and now need your little bit detailed review on Mobil1 4T.

What ride you own and how old it is with how many mileage? I own sprinter and its 4 years old with 53000 kms done. I have read that full synthetic are not recommended for older engines and engine during break in period because they are thin and fast flowing.

Alhamdolilah, my Sprinter engine is still in prime condition, neat and clean from inside and outside with company-sealed head still. And what was the price you bought it last time from Lahore/Karachi?

1)

anc
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear archon2001, I searched over the internet a lot and now need your little bit detailed review on Mobil1 4T.

What ride you own and how old it is with how many mileage? I own sprinter and its 4 years old with 53000 kms done. I have read that full synthetic are not recommended for older engines and engine during break in period because they are thin and fast flowing.

Alhamdolilah, my Sprinter engine is still in prime condition, neat and clean from inside and outside with company-sealed head still. And what was the price you bought it last time from Lahore/Karachi?
    Mobil 1 4t 10 W-40 is fully synthetic oil available for Rs1650 in Lahore. The oil should be good for winters, I have not tried it in summers so cant really tell what kind of response it would generate, but overall its a top class oil...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anc View Post
    Mobil 1 4t 10 W-40 is fully synthetic oil available for Rs1650 in Lahore. The oil should be good for winters, I have not tried it in summers so cant really tell what kind of response it would generate, but overall its a top class oil...
    Koi faida nai hay bhai kyu k app oil agar 700 ka purcahse kartay hay aur 1500Km par drain karna parta hay aur agar app 1650 ka oil bi 1500Km par drain karna parta hay to kia faida aur waisay bi these engines are not designed to reep the benefits of a fully synthetic oil as compared to modern bike engines which can offer drain intervals of upto 10K Km for bikes
    Too much debris is accumulated in single cylinder engines so the oil has to do a lot of work reducing the life of oil

anc
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Koi faida nai hay bhai kyu k app oil agar 700 ka purcahse kartay hay aur 1500Km par drain karna parta hay aur agar app 1650 ka oil bi 1500Km par drain karna parta hay to kia faida aur waisay bi these engines are not designed to reep the benefits of a fully synthetic oil as compared to modern bike engines which can offer drain intervals of upto 10K Km for bikes
    Too much debris is accumulated in single cylinder engines so the oil has to do a lot of work reducing the life of oil
    I agree wit your point Moazzam, that is why I prefer Liqui Molly over Mobil 1.....When I spoke to Repsol distributor in Karachi he even advised me to use mineral based oil as he said that synthetic are better suited for water cooled engines.........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anc View Post
    I agree wit your point Moazzam, that is why I prefer Liqui Molly over Mobil 1.....When I spoke to Repsol distributor in Karachi he even advised me to use mineral based oil as he said that synthetic are better suited for water cooled engines.........
    Yeah EFI with liquid cooled technology ki kia baat hay

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kind regards
    Hmm time to add some more into your silo of knowledge.The recommended drain interval on most rides here is 2000 kms excluding the 70s.The motorcycle engines are mostly air cooled and operate at higher revs than cars.Oil has work 4 times more than its car counterparts and thus get sheared down quicker than car oils,so should not be compared with cars.A fully synth oil costs around rs 1500/L (premium) for bikes and i doubt any 1 would invest in such an expensive oil for a plain commuter bike.

Hmm and about that Mobil Special 4T oil costing around Rs 1900 for 4L i.e Rs 475/L is an attractive offer.Please pm me from where i can procure the 4L can in isb/pindi.Idk where it is manufactured and packed but the LM we buy is packed and rolled directly from germany,so there are no doubts whatsoever abouts the quality.As far as i know askari lubricants was the prime distributor for special 4t,after some time they kicked out the mobil tag and made their own.

You cant judge a brand without trying.I use LM both in my car and motorcycle and i am a satisfied user.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List