0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Project Road master CD200

Well today i bought a HONDA CD 185 1979 with the engine of CD 200, the engine is in very good condition, the bike was standing for 7 months a friends place and wall has dropped on it, this is my first post and a very restoration project, i'm 19 and i don't really know that much about bikes that much, this is my first bike, but i like the sound and ride of this, always a wanted a road master, anyway the is in bad condition, look wise, some things are missing like the speedo meter, original seat, the fuel tank has a big hole underneath, the paint is bad now, side covers are missing, now i need your advice where to get these things from, i know parts are expensive but i'm okay with it, i called someone for the speedo meter he qouted me 3.5k for a taiwan made meter and 1.5k for a Chinese one, which one should i go for? i'll be brining a new fuel tank as well, right now using a bottle on it, haha. i'll be uploading the pictures as well, please give me suggestions. The pictures are old, i've cleaned the dropped paint on it, i live in karachi. will upload new pictures soon as well, suggest me the places to find the rest of the missing things. thank you

Attached Images Attached Images          

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best of luck for your restoration project. i am not sure if this engine is CD200's.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by affanashrafali View Post
    Best of luck for your restoration project. i am not sure if this engine is CD200's.
    It is original CD 200'S engine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

frankly it doessnt seeems to be, look at the magnetto.... secondly do read on the back side of the cylender if its a 184cc (185 TWIN) or a 198cc (200 RoadMaster) ...

Quote Originally Posted by aliatif777 View Post
    It is original CD 200'S engine
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    frankly it doessnt seeems to be, look at the magnetto.... secondly do read on the back side of the cylender if its a 184cc (185 TWIN) or a 198cc (200 RoadMaster) ...
    looks can be deceive ,
    185 twin with 200 weight, rings and piston can keep its original cylinder without any doubt including magnetto.

best of luck to the poster.
    Help others so that u can be Helped

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahaha, I'll look for that, as I said I don't know much about the bike, just got this, ive been told it had the CD 200 engine and makes that roar sound as well, so I just assumed its 200.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    looks can be deceive ,
    185 twin with 200 weight, rings and piston can keep its original cylinder without any doubt including magnetto.

Thanks, it might be that way, hey can you please tell me where to get a seat from? The one which looks original, the original one is quite expensive for me, thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

looks can be deceive ,

Secondly, can the fuel tank get repaired somehow? it has holes at the bottom

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks, it might be that way, hey can you please tell me where to get a seat from? The one which looks original, the original one is quite expensive for me, thanks.
    try aurangzaib market opposite radio pakistan. finding original is hard and expensive.
    ask for nafees seat maker he is good in making new 200 seats in reasonable price that includes foam and cover too.
    nafees is short guy with polio effect in 1 of his leg. i know him for long time he is good in what he do.

secondly for fuel tank try babu denter at hussainabad . if yr tank is in repairable condition he will repair it, otherwise look for used fuel tank at ranchor line u might get it for 2.5 to 3k max, look for used body part shop not the complete bike spare shop. at body part shop they have plenty of spare tanks available.
    kind regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

try aurangzaib market opposite radio pakistan. finding original is hard and expensive.
    ask for nafees seat maker he is good in making new 200 seats in reasonable price that includes foam and cover too.
    nafees is short guy with polio effect in 1 of his leg. i know him for long time he is good in what he do.

secondly for fuel tank try babu denter at hussainabad . if yr tank is in repairable condition he will repair it, otherwise look for used fuel tank at ranchor line u might get it for 2.5 to 3k max, look for used body part shop not the complete bike spare shop. at body part shop they have plenty of spare tanks available.
    kind regards
    Thank you so much, the seat includes the shell as well right? My seat is from some other bike I think.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you so much, the seat includes the shell as well right? My seat is from some other bike I think.
    take the seat to him , let him see it. if its repairable he will get it repaired, mostly base get rust and hole which are btw repairable.
    if he make new, that will include new base,foam,cover etc. cost should not excced 3k for whole new seat.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

take the seat to him , let him see
    it. if its repairable he will get it repaired, mostly base get rust and hole which are btw repairable.
    if he make new, that will include new base,foam,cover etc. cost should not excced 3k for whole new seat.
    Thank you again.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just an information.. my friend ( who is at karachi) bought desi CD200 seat ( aka patra only) for 1500 for my bike.. if you dont find the genuine.. do check the retro one. Us k bad seat banany waly ki game start ho jati hai :-)... by the way i bought the CD200 seat cover from karachi for 300 Rs.
    and used same foam which my original seat had.. So the comfort level is still same... except the genuine seat is replaced by a desi one.

As for the engine... I have seen these kinds of engine with road masters which are earlier then 1980. (which i believe are mostly 175 and 185). I might be wrong, but posting it here will definitely confirm it, if i am right or wrong. :-P

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by affanashrafali View Post
    just an information.. my friend ( who is at karachi) bought desi CD200 seat ( aka patra only) for 1500 for my bike.. if you dont find the genuine.. do check the retro one. Us k bad seat banany waly ki game start ho jati hai :-)... by the way i bought the CD200 seat cover from karachi for 300 Rs.
    and used same foam which my original seat had.. So the comfort level is still same... except the genuine seat is replaced by a desi one.

As for the engine... I have seen these kinds of engine with road masters which are earlier then 1980. (which i believe are mostly 175 and 185). I might be wrong, but posting it here will definitely confirm it, if i am right or wrong. :-P
    Hey, yaar i think ny seat is not original, anyway can you please ask your friend from where did he get the desi one from? I don't think i'll be able to use the foam since its from some other bike i think, what is patra? sorry but i'm not aware of these slangs, and from which place did you get the cover from in karachi?

About the engine, i'll check and tell you.

Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ali you can get the seat ditto fabricated from any seat maker even seat patra is also cloned in cheap way orignal seat is hard to find and are mostly rusted or if in good shape are priced high offcourse.

looks can be deceive ,
    archon, may be you are correct but as per piks megnetto 185 ka he hai, secondly cylender k uper kiya likha hai ye tu Ali bhai he bata sakty hain lakin even ager bore kerwa ler piston,ring, weight 200 ka dal bhi do tu on first kick bike will break its both pertol valves as head valves are different and if 200's pistons aer used the will touch the valve so it will also need the head of 200 or atleast it will need 200's valves... ab itna kuch change ker k tu shyid larka bhi larki ban he sakta hai offcourse tu ye tu sirf machine hai ..
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ali you can get the seat ditto fabricated from any seat maker even seat patra is also cloned in cheap way orignal seat is hard to find and are mostly rusted or if in good shape are priced high offcourse.

archon, may be you are correct but as per piks megnetto 185 ka he hai, secondly cylender k uper kiya likha hai ye tu Ali bhai he bata sakty hain lakin even ager bore kerwa ler piston,ring, weight 200 ka dal bhi do tu on first kick bike will break its both pertol valves as head valves are different and if 200's pistons aer used the will touch the valve so it will also need the head of 200 or atleast it will need 200's valves... ab itna kuch change ker k tu shyid larka bhi larki ban he sakta hai offcourse tu ye tu sirf machine hai ..
    vicky, weight kay sath connecting rob bhi 200 ki daal do nothing will break, 200 connecting rods are smaller than 185 so no major changes needed in sub major changes kay baad .
    i did this long time ago changed 185 weight with 200 weight including connecting rod.
    new liner lagwa kar 200 ka ring or piston bhi daal diya tha, still after 10 years piston is on 0 #.
    magneto wahi ,head cylinder,valves sub kuch same just did the above mention alteration.

take care and kind regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ahhh I am not sure if it can be successful because 200 has a flat piston with only petrol valve groove on it where as in 185 both valve have piston grooves to accommodate their movement so it will need grooves.. but may be if a fat gasket is placed to increase the cushion then may be you have done it that way... but in any case if I have a 185 I will not convert it to 200 as 185 is more power full and has a more compression then 200.

vicky, weight kay sath connecting rob bhi 200 ki daal do nothing will break, 200 connecting rods are smaller than 185 so no major changes needed in sub major changes kay baad .
    i did this long time ago changed 185 weight with 200 weight including connecting rod.
    new liner lagwa kar 200 ka ring or piston bhi daal diya tha, still after 10 years piston is on 0 #.
    magneto wahi ,head cylinder,valves sub kuch same just did the above mention alteration.

take care and kind regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ahhh I am not sure if it can be successful because 200 has a flat piston with only petrol valve groove on it where as in 185 both valve have piston grooves to accommodate their movement so it will need grooves.. but may be if a fat gasket is placed to increase the cushion then may be you have done it that way... but in any case if I have a 185 I will not convert it to 200 as 185 is more power full and has a more compression then 200.

Hey can you tell me how to start the self starter? it was working before, the stupid mechanic messed up the wiring and telling me to get a new wiring, btw is 1.5k labour okay for the wiring only? cables will be separate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think some where around 1k should be labor if wiring is separate. yes self start are mostly ok You can contact it directly to rev the Self starter...

Hey can you tell me how to start the self starter? it was working before, the stupid mechanic messed up the wiring and telling me to get a new wiring, btw is 1.5k labour okay for the wiring only? cables will be separate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think some where around 1k should be labor if wiring is separate. yes self start are mostly ok You can contact it directly to rev the Self starter...
    Connect it directly where? can you please explain a little bit, will do it myself, i need to get the indicators and stuff so then i'll get the new wiring

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Connect it directly where? can you please explain a little bit, will do it myself, i need to get the indicators and stuff so then i'll get the new wiring
    there is a wire botlte to the self motor on it conect it to +ve Node of batterty tightly then if you connect the -Ve terminal Wire of battery to any where on body of bike the self will rotate...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List