0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Project Road master CD200

Well today i bought a HONDA CD 185 1979 with the engine of CD 200, the engine is in very good condition, the bike was standing for 7 months a friends place and wall has dropped on it, this is my first post and a very restoration project, i'm 19 and i don't really know that much about bikes that much, this is my first bike, but i like the sound and ride of this, always a wanted a road master, anyway the is in bad condition, look wise, some things are missing like the speedo meter, original seat, the fuel tank has a big hole underneath, the paint is bad now, side covers are missing, now i need your advice where to get these things from, i know parts are expensive but i'm okay with it, i called someone for the speedo meter he qouted me 3.5k for a taiwan made meter and 1.5k for a Chinese one, which one should i go for? i'll be brining a new fuel tank as well, right now using a bottle on it, haha. i'll be uploading the pictures as well, please give me suggestions. The pictures are old, i've cleaned the dropped paint on it, i live in karachi. will upload new pictures soon as well, suggest me the places to find the rest of the missing things. thank you

Attached Images Attached Images          

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    there is a wire botlte to the self motor on it conect it to +ve Node of battert
    y tightly then if you connect the -Vei terminal Wire of battery to any where on body of bike the self will rotate...
    Damn I don't get it :p shall take it yo the mechanic soon, thanks a lot though.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ahhh I am not sure if it can be successful because 200 has a flat piston with only petrol valve groove on it where as in 185 both valve have piston grooves to accommodate their movement so it will need grooves.. but may be if a fat gasket is placed to increase the cushion then may be you have done it that way... but in any case if I have a 185 I will not convert it to 200 as 185 is more power full and has a more compression then 200.
    its done without any problem and bike is running for last 10 years without any problem

agree with u on conversion of 185 to 200 this was understood when it was done 10 years ago but whats done cannot be changed now.

kind regards
    Help others so that u can be Helped

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

duplicate post

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@FC @vickytulla @archon2001 Anyone of you seling any CD 200/185 cosmetic parts?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Atif i have forwarded you the contact details of the guy at karachi. He can help you in all aspects of restoration of CD200 :-)
    Let me know the updates :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by affanashrafali View Post
    Atif i have forwarded you the contact details of the guy at karachi. He can help you in all aspects of restoration of CD200 :-)
    dear bro pls let me knw the details of the guy also
    Loaded with SQ setup

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rockk View Post
    dear bro pls let me knw the details of the guy also
    pm sent

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you so much, the project is going really slow due to shortage of time because i have back to back classes, i've managed to get the fuel tank in good condition from RANCHOR LINE (very dirty place) but thats the only place here for the roadmaster.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Atif, keep the old tanks side piece ( choromed parts and the logos) safe. I have seen tanks without these side chrom parts and logos available for sale.
    How much did you buy the fuel tank for?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Atif, keep the old tanks side piece ( choromed parts and the logos) safe. I have seen tanks without these side chrom parts and logos available for sale.
    How much did you buy the fuel tank for?
    well he was asking 3k with the chrome parts and logos, i managed to bring him down to 2k with those parts he was giving it for 1.5k without the parts, yes i'll be keeping the old ones safe, the tank i bought is not repaired as well, its in very good condition, just needs a paint

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

keep us posted dude... will be waiting to see the refreshed, renewed, restored, CD200 :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Project Road master CD200 -1328743Project Road master CD200 -1328744Project Road master CD200 -1328745Project Road master CD200 -1328746

Going very slow i know, time issues, going to fix it mechanically in phase 1 then the body in phase 2, the problem i'm facing right now is that i'm not a getting a good pick on the bike and doesn't go that much fast as well, some are saying its the tuning, but i got it tuned like 5 times still now, it was missing a lot, the mechanic installed bigger jets in the carburettor, that helped, now its not missing that much, still does a little bit, the carburettor i have at the moment is CG 125's chinnese i think, costed 1100 PKR, i think its due to the carburettor, theres no air filter installed, can't find the original one yet, the mechanic used insulation tape on the hole of the duct, half of it is taped located in the black box of the air filter. need your opinion guys, should i install the original Japanese carburettor, it's avaible for 6k in very good condition, will that solve the issue?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliatif777 View Post
    Project Road master CD200 -1328743Project Road master CD200 -1328744Project Road master CD200 -1328745Project Road master CD200 -1328746

Going very slow i know, time issues, going to fix it mechanically in phase 1 then the body in phase 2, the problem i'm facing right now is that i'm not a getting a good pick on the bike and doesn't go that much fast as well, some are saying its the tuning, but i got it tuned like 5 times still now, it was missing a lot, the mechanic installed bigger jets in the carburettor, that helped, now its not missing that much, still does a little bit, the carburettor i have at the moment is CG 125's chinnese i think, costed 1100 PKR, i think its due to the carburettor, theres no air filter installed, can't find the original one yet, the mechanic used insulation tape on the hole of the duct, half of it is taped located in the black box of the air filter. need your opinion guys, should i install the original Japanese carburettor, it's avaible for 6k in very good condition, will that solve the issue?
    Bro, I could be wrong but I think you need to install the original carburetor for the bike to function properly. right now you are using CARB which is designed for a single piston machine hence, the gravity driven fuel mechanism design for a single combustion chamber would not be able to cope well with two hungry combustion chambers.

if possible, try to negotiate with the seller and get him to agree to a term where you can always return the CARB if it doesn't solve the missing issue.

in the mean time, you can always make the air-fuel mixture more rich, see if that helps. my guess, it will help but not by much. what you need is a proper carb.

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla What do you say on this issue?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

carb is not the only thing which make this bike run smooth, 125 carb will do just fine but u need air filter, use cg125 foam type air filter. look for original 1, a good mechanic will fix it without any problem. why 5 times tuning done, by the look of the bike there are lots of things needed to be done.
    how is the electric system working, i am pretty much sure its a mess, bad wiring can make this bike do hell lot of missing. don't go for Chinese wiring set, customize wiring is available for this bike on order from murtaza. if u are going for shama autos at water pump than that old fellow is good but kids working at shop are horrible.

oh yes i don't have any parts remaining for this bike any more last year got rid from them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    carb is not the only thing which make this bike run smooth, 125 carb will do just fine but u need air filter, use cg125 foam type air filter. look for original 1, a good mechanic will fix it without any problem. why 5 times tuning done, by the look of the bike there are lots of things needed to be done.
    how is the electric system working, i am pretty much sure its a mess, bad wiring can make this bike do hell lot of missing. don't go for Chinese wiring set, customize wiring is available for this bike on order from murtaza. if u are going for shama autos at water pump than that old fellow is good but kids working at shop are horrible.

oh yes i don't have any parts remaining for this bike any more last year got rid from them.
    You're right the wiring is really messed up, the problem is missing and bike 'GHOOTY' huyee chulty hei, thats the proper term to explain i guess, i'm looking for the air filter that gets fixed from the outside, the steel one, which comes of 70 cc bikes, how is that one? the carburettor of cg 125 is not original, it was brand new for 1100 rupees i doubt its original, the mechanic i go to is in defence phase 2, don't really know the ways, shall pay a visit to the water pump guy you mentioned, i need a proper mechanic with reasonable rates and a reliable one, thank you for your reply.

regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aliatif777 most of the things explained by 12gauge archon2001 are what you need to focus, but frankly I dont expect this bike to even start!

but if it is really start I dont expect its compression to be in performable range, beside as you said its been quite a while long as parked so I expect passed out clutch plates too, a 200 needs to be in a quite healthy condition to behave any better then a roaring brand new CG even superbly restored Road-Masters or a 185 twin find it really hard to compete with a CG or GS or any other new bike of today, reason? because while restoring we use Chinese parts, Taiwanese silencers, Malaysian clutch plates and God knows what so bike cannot perform its true power ever!!!!!!!!! unless its restored by original Honda Mechanics who understands a road master and with genuine OEM spare parts, don't expect it to perform with a china carb and expired plates, lost compression and rusted silencers... beside as this is a point fed bike and I don't see a battery.... wonder how you fired it up because that's not possible without it ?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get the point tuned by some 'Original' Road Master mechanic who knows how to play with point system, secondly I am afraid bike will never perform any better or near to CG or a GS level even they are smaller in CCs in comparison but this bike is showing its age badly ..

If it is not restored from Ground to Up from roots it will just rotate its wheels and work but never perform as I see.

You're right the wiring is really messed up, the problem is missing and bike 'GHOOTY' huyee chulty hei, thats the proper term to explain i guess, i'm looking for the air filter that gets fixed from the outside, the steel one, which comes of 70 cc bikes, how is that one? the carburettor of cg 125 is not original, it was brand new for 1100 rupees i doubt its original, the mechanic i go to is in defence phase 2, i reside in phase 8, don't really know the ways, shall pay a visit to the water pump guy you mentioned, i need a proper mechanic with reasonable rates and a reliable one, thank you for your reply.

regards.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aliatif777 most of the things explained by 12gauge archon2001 are what you need to focus, but frankly I dont expect this bike to even start!

but if it is really start I dont expect its compression to be in performable range, beside as you said its been quite a while long as parked so I expect passed out clutch plates too, a 200 needs to be in a quite healthy condition to behave any better then a roaring brand new CG even superbly restored Road-Masters or a 185 twin find it really hard to compete with a CG or GS or any other new bike of today, reason? because while restoring we use Chinese parts, Taiwanese silencers, Malaysian clutch plates and God knows what so bike cannot perform its true power ever!!!!!!!!! unless its restored by original Honda Mechanics who understands a road master and with genuine OEM spare parts, don't expect it to perform with a china carb and expired plates, lost compression and rusted silencers... beside as this is a point fed bike and I don't see a battery.... wonder how you fired it up because that's not possible without it ?
    Haha, it does start and i've been using it, i take battery out when i go up stairs, people in the building don't even leave the plug grips, i cannot leave the battery down stairs, it'll go away in minutes, i'll post a video soon, i will be doing what 12gauge archon2001 have said, need a proper mechanic, the bike starts in one kick btw, i'm not comparing the bike with any CD or CG never rode a bike before this one, not sure about their performance, i bet its better, but i can tell the bike is not functioning well, anyways, you suggest changing the clutch plates and point system? the bike sounds the way it should, will surely post a video in the morning, hear the sound let me know more about it, thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get the point tuned by some 'Original' Road Master mechanic who knows how to play with point system, secondly I am afraid bike will never perform any better or near to CG or a GS level even they are smaller in CCs in comparison but this bike is showing its age badly ..

If it is not restored from Ground to Up from roots it will just rotate its wheels and work but never perform as I see.
    Sorry for asking so many questions, how to know the clutch plates are passed out? i know really dumb questions, but i have no idea how to know and the mechanics love telling kay sub kooch khuraab hei, he said coil khuraab hei but it started later because he thought i don't know it won't start without a battery, he was showing there's no current after disconnecting the battery luckily a friend guided a bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List