Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 86
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: When Ride Comfort is the priority -- Help Required!

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    tabish90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default When Ride Comfort is the priority -- Help Required!

    As Salam o Alaikum. I've been searching & reading a lot of threads these days, however I couldnt find a specialized thread focusing on riding comfort.

    Actually I am willing to purchase a new motorbike & my choices are amongst GS 150/Pridor, please help me understand amongst these which is the most comfortable daily commuter as I have to cover a distance of 70kms on a daily basis on khi roads.

    Please guide w.r.t

    1.Suspension (Shock absorption ability)
    2.Rising Posture (leaning on front/sitting straight)
    3.Seat & Seat width.

    Anticipating your expert replies Thanks.

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waqas18's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,501
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tabish90 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion waqas, can you please relate to the fact that due to inclining forward as a riding posture, would the GD suite long rides on daily basis?
    I m 5'11".. sometimes I have to ride it for above 50 km daily... but mostly i ride 25 to 30 km daily... I had sp 70 before GD.. now I dont fed up with long rides.. no back pain no shor sharaba.. smooth and calm ride even at the speed of 116 km/h...
    People with high ego and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of the tallest finger..

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    getscorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,699
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i would strongly recommend pridor for daily rides of upto 70km in a crazy traffic jam city like khi ...


    1.Suspension (Shock absorption ability)

    both pridor and gs150 hv good shocks ... though pridor hv non-adjustable shocks but a guy with ur height and weight wouldn't encounter any problem with that ....

    2.Rising Posture (leaning on front/sitting straight)

    gs150 has upright/straight sitting posture ..though, this posture puts very stress on shoulders but put a lot stress on lower back and ur bums will retire soon on longer rides due to this posture on hard seat ... pridor has a very good sitting posture.. its between straight sitting and leaning front, which distribute the weight equally from shoulders to back ... hence no stress on specific body part ...

    3.Seat & Seat width.

    well suzuki bikes were famous for their rock hard seats until the arrival of rider and gd110 ... but other bikes like sprinter and gs150 still comes with rocks under seat covers while pridor has very nice and comfy ....

    also note that handling of pridor is very easy, just like 70, whereas gs150 sometimes gives hard time to handle in compact traffic due to wide handle with bar ends ...if u just want a daily commuter then pridor is best option with good fuel economy too ...if u want power with self starter then gs150 ..

    that's my opinion but u should also test the both rides before making any decision ...
    Rise from the ashes,.....

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    alonesam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I own a Pridor did a 360 km tour/visit of Azad Kashmir, came back same day and went to office on very next day... Its awesome and believe me you will love it. Its economical as well in terms of mileage and maintenance.
    Bikers have THREE Things in life that They can never turn Their backs on
    -The Motorcycle -The Family & -Respect

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Brother between these two choices i also highly recommend pridor 100
    its very comfortable to drive and riding position is very good
    its light weight just like 70 very good acceleration and would be much more economical
    as compare to gs and has good top speed too


  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    tabish90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    i would strongly recommend pridor for daily rides of upto 70km in a crazy traffic jam city like khi ...


    1.Suspension (Shock absorption ability)

    both pridor and gs150 hv good shocks ... though pridor hv non-adjustable shocks but a guy with ur height and weight wouldn't encounter any problem with that ....

    2.Rising Posture (leaning on front/sitting straight)

    gs150 has upright/straight sitting posture ..though, this posture puts very stress on shoulders but put a lot stress on lower back and ur bums will retire soon on longer rides due to this posture on hard seat ... pridor has a very good sitting posture.. its between straight sitting and leaning front, which distribute the weight equally from shoulders to back ... hence no stress on specific body part ...

    3.Seat & Seat width.

    well suzuki bikes were famous for their rock hard seats until the arrival of rider and gd110 ... but other bikes like sprinter and gs150 still comes with rocks under seat covers while pridor has very nice and comfy ....

    also note that handling of pridor is very easy, just like 70, whereas gs150 sometimes gives hard time to handle in compact traffic due to wide handle with bar ends ...if u just want a daily commuter then pridor is best option with good fuel economy too ...if u want power with self starter then gs150 ..

    that's my opinion but u should also test the both rides before making any decision ...
    Well thanks a lot scorpion for your detailed reply Lol at the fact what sitting straight does Hopefully the pridor would be less stressful on shoulders too

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    tabish90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alonesam View Post
    I own a Pridor did a 360 km tour/visit of Azad Kashmir, came back same day and went to office on very next day... Its awesome and believe me you will love it. Its economical as well in terms of mileage and maintenance.
    Thanks for you reply alone, I do know that obviously pridor would be economical but do we feel the gitters or vibration at 80-90kph on the foot rest/handle bars?

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    tabish90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Brother between these two choices i also highly recommend pridor 100
    its very comfortable to drive and riding position is very good
    its light weight just like 70 very good acceleration and would be much more economical
    as compare to gs and has good top speed too

    Thanks amjad for your response I have a further question whether the pridor causes stress on shoulders or not & do we feel the vibrations at high speeds upto 90kph?

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    tabish90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Weights shifting :)

    In all the initial replies I got the impression to go for GS & now with all these late replies the weight has again shifted to pridor

    What to do? confused

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    naseer_jaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gujrat
    Age
    34
    Posts
    797
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    brother i recentle sale pridor , pridor top speed 80,aur dely use k leay 100% perfect hai, aur fuel everage bohat zabardest hai, lakin power aisi hi hai jisturah cd70 ki hoti hai , agar aap echonomy aur comfert chahtey hain to pridor khreed lo , agar aap power + achonomy chahty hain to gd110 ,
    GO__ HONDA __ GO

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    alonesam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Naseer jan just summed it up for you.
    Pridor is good for use in urban environment where you stay below or between 80-70 km/h
    if you think you are going to maintain 80-90km/h for a long time go for 125cc or 150cc bikes.
    I have remained close to 100km/h on my Pridor's meter, its good enough to do that without a glitch...
    Bikers have THREE Things in life that They can never turn Their backs on
    -The Motorcycle -The Family & -Respect

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tabish90 View Post
    Thanks amjad for your response I have a further question whether the pridor causes stress on shoulders or not & do we feel the vibrations at high speeds upto 90kph?
    brother not at all no stress on shoulders very good riding position
    and almost none vibration at all at higher speed i drove my pridor
    with one hand head down holding camera in hand around 100km/h
    you won't realize you are driving at 80+ pridor braking is marvellous



    Quote Originally Posted by tabish90 View Post
    In all the initial replies I got the impression to go for GS & now with all these late replies the weight has again shifted to pridor

    What to do? confused
    As Gull bhai said to you i think
    take the ultimate decision after going and inspecting both bikes in showroom final decision is your

    Quote Originally Posted by naseer_jaan View Post
    brother i recentle sale pridor , pridor top speed 80,aur dely use k leay 100% perfect hai, aur fuel everage bohat zabardest hai, lakin power aisi hi hai jisturah cd70 ki hoti hai , agar aap echonomy aur comfert chahtey hain to pridor khreed lo , agar aap power + achonomy chahty hain to gd110 ,
    These days my relative saeed's cd dream is at my home
    i am driving both bikes pridor power comparing to cd70 is much better
    pridor is without doubt more powerful than 70 and there is good difference in both bikes ride

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    moons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,487
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    dear tabish first u should tel about ur height and weight.then it will be easy for us to give u a good opinion.

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    tabish90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    brother not at all no stress on shoulders very good riding position
    and almost none vibration at all at higher speed i drove my pridor
    with one hand head down holding camera in hand around 100km/h
    you won't realize you are driving at 80+ pridor braking is marvellous




    As Gull bhai said to you i think
    take the ultimate decision after going and inspecting both bikes in showroom final decision is your


    These days my relative saeed's cd dream is at my home
    i am driving both bikes pridor power comparing to cd70 is much better
    pridor is without doubt more powerful than 70 and there is good difference in both bikes ride

    Thanks for the reply again amjad, Thats impressive to know about pridor, I am planning to visit a friend of mine to take a ride of pridor

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    tabish90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alonesam View Post
    Naseer jan just summed it up for you.
    Pridor is good for use in urban environment where you stay below or between 80-70 km/h
    if you think you are going to maintain 80-90km/h for a long time go for 125cc or 150cc bikes.
    I have remained close to 100km/h on my Pridor's meter, its good enough to do that without a glitch...
    Thanks for the response alonesam, actually my journey comprise of a constant throttle period of about 5 minutes on super highway karachi while the rest is intercity covering gulshan & shahra e faisal, if pridor is good enough to maintain 90 & accelerate to that mark easily with appropriate comfort I believe it would be good for me too

  16. #35
    PakWheeler Follow
    tabish90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naseer_jaan View Post
    brother i recentle sale pridor , pridor top speed 80,aur dely use k leay 100% perfect hai, aur fuel everage bohat zabardest hai, lakin power aisi hi hai jisturah cd70 ki hoti hai , agar aap echonomy aur comfert chahtey hain to pridor khreed lo , agar aap power + achonomy chahty hain to gd110 ,
    Brother, i want comfort of ride & economy comes second power comes third, as I want to achieve & maintain 90kmph without vibrations

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    tabish90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post
    dear tabish first u should tel about ur height and weight.then it will be easy for us to give u a good opinion.
    Dear moons I weigh in 80kg with a height of 5ft 6"

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    gull_s_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If planning on travelling at more than 80Km/h then consider 125/150cc catagory.
    100cc can achieve 80+ but not meant to travel at those speeds.

  19. #38
    PakWheeler Follow
    tabish90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    If planning on travelling at more than 80Km/h then consider 125/150cc catagory.
    100cc can achieve 80+ but not meant to travel at those speeds.
    Thanks for the response gull well i need to stay at those speeds for around 15 minutes of my travelling duration (50-60 mins) remaining journey is comprised of 50-60kph

    what actually is happenisng with my current 70 is its tendency to fall apart too quickly at those speeds, by that i mean the vibrations make the assemblies loosen very soon

  20. #39
    PakWheeler Follow
    bhatti007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    21
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naseer_jaan View Post
    brother i recentle sale pridor , pridor top speed 80,aur dely use k leay 100% perfect hai, aur fuel everage bohat zabardest hai, lakin power aisi hi hai jisturah cd70 ki hoti hai , agar aap echonomy aur comfert chahtey hain to pridor khreed lo , agar aap power + achonomy chahty hain to gd110 ,
    Jane do bhai meri pridor 105kmph tk chali jati h....or power 70 se zayada hai pridor main :p

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    speed + vibration= cg125

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    devilskreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,488
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bhatti007 View Post
    Jane do bhai meri pridor 105kmph tk chali jati h....or power 70 se zayada hai pridor main :p

    Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    He meant easily maintainable speed.At 105 you are raping that poor bike,,thats redline speed and infact eats engine inside out.10 is achievable but i clocked 95 km/hr only once after that never tried to do a full meter.Because it actually is bad for engine's health
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •