2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Truth about cg dream, cd dream, 150cc and 500cc

Aoa. Recently Atlas went crazy with cd dream which was NO WAY an improvement to cd70 but rather a lollypop for all of us. and now the same thing is being repeated with cg125. the reason is why Atlas is doing this? and the answer is sales maximization. Honda has given Atlas a task to sell atleast 1 million bikes a year or else it will part ways, the same way Honda did with Hero in India. In order to try and do this Atlas asked Honda to shop micromanaging each and every change and promised to sell 1 million bikes if they are given more freedom. The result was cd dream and soon cg dream.

So what happens if Atlas fails? If it fails then say byw bye to Honda in Pakistan atleast for few years. Atlas is already branding all spares with 'Atlas'. The name Honda is already missing from company supplied genuine spare parts. In case the sales target is not achieved honda cg125 will soon become Atlas 125. Quality will reduce A LOT and the main reason is that from shocks to engine components, Atlas still uses a lot of imported Honda parts. With Honda gone these will go as well and result will be massive decrease in quality. Price would probably remain constant as in case of Yamaha Junoon vs DYL Junoon.

If Honda goes, then for time being, Suzuki will be the only Japanese company in Pakistan producing locally. So then we will have to see if Suzuki takes this opportunity and bring something better or, following the usual trend, decrease price even further.

Why bring 150cc and 500cc? These bikes are not brought by Atlas. They are here by Honda who wants to test that incase Atlas and they do part way, can Honda sell 150cc and maintain some market position? The reason why there is a wait of 3 months is because these will be imported on demand and also, Honda has given NO TRAINING to any Atlas mechanic on these two bikes. Their sole purpose is for Honda to retain its position by importing bikes if Atlas goes, till a time when they can start local production.

The simple cosmetic changes in cg dream and cd dream is just to attract more diverse buyers. It is a desperate attempt. Also, lately Honda is giving almost interest free bikes to govt. employees. Their latest scheme was for post office staff at Lahore GPO who were offered brand new cd70 for as low as rs.2000 per month with no down payment. Atlas is really vying for sales in order to save itself.

What should we do? well if you love Honda Atlas CG125 then do buy these bikes in order to help Atlas achieve its target. I would propose to boycott the sales of all bikes or atleast, postpone your purchases for a year. This would make Atlas go bust and hopefully bring out some change in the local bike market. Rest, I feel that it has now become inevitable that soon Honda and Atlas will part ways. I really pray that it happens so that we can close the whole cg and cd chapter and move on to cbr and newer bikes chapter.

Take care all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nfssaad View Post
    mechanical engineer. have a masters in manufacturing.. left atlas group for two reasons.. low salary package.. which is common to the entire automotive industry.. oems and vendors alike..

and no matter how much i asked for it.. they would not let me work on the tool room, engineering design and development... coz thats what i really like.
    That's very nice.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mechanical engineer. have a masters in manufacturing.. left atlas group for two reasons.. low salary package.. which is common to the entire automotive industry.. oems and vendors alike..

and no matter how much i asked for it.. they would not let me work on the tool room, engineering design and development... coz thats what i really like.
    Wow that's really awesome

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nfssaad what is the future of yamaha--------------please enter thread ahl updates pak wheels

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

atlas has almost all the drawings required to make the bike parts.. if any thing is not available it can be designed and manufactured in pakistan...

all this japani ghulami is not necessary... everything is possible... it is only the mentality that holds us back

i have worked in the atlas group.. i have myself machined all clutch parts of CD 70. all pistons of all honda bikes. cylinder for cd 70 and cd 100.

cylinder for cg125 is machined in sheikhupura. all the gear componenents are machined there as well.

all sheet metal parts are made in karachi and sheikhpura.

wheels are made in karachi as well.

for imported parts the circuit of cdi was imported from thailand which has no link with honda whatsoever

the crank and crank case are machined in karachi and sheikhpura respectively..

99% of the bike is manufactured locally.. the parts are not that difficult to machine. all it needs is an open mind. and willingness to pay attention to research and development. and some reverse engineering.

although i work in oil and gas sector now, i have a keera for manufacturing. and i know it can be done
    If that is the case then replace "Honda" logo with "Atlas" from CD and CG, reduce price by 30%, maintain current quality, I would happily buy them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    If that is the case then replace "Honda" logo with "Atlas" from CD and CG, reduce price by 30%, maintain current quality, I would happily buy them.

its all about mentality... the majority of buyers are.... sorry to use the term... paindus...

there were some rumors that this might actually happen...

like the break up of hero honda... which is now just hero..

any ways... i am not linked to the bike industry anymore.. so can give any concrete news.

the last i know was of that spark plug and alternator manufacturing plant was being setup also in karachi
    the problem is not our govt... its the people..

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Allah kray k is cheap AHL ki band bajj jay jo 1970 say abtak jahil pakistanion ko sirf stickers bechta aya hay. with 1970 model crap engine.. nothing change.. or log jst resale ki waja say aisy crap bikes letay ja rahay hain same like suzuki mehran. or khud he aisy crap vehicles ki resale or price barhay ja rahay hain. aisy ghatya policy wali companies ko to arbon rupees ki panelty parni chaheyay jinhin nain pakistan ko loot ka kha lia. or same hamaray hukumranon wali policy rakh kr loota. or jahil quoom luti chali ja rahi hay. so AHL k users ko pehlay cd sream ka lollypop chuswaya ab 1970 model cgdream ki dream dikhayn *** lol. per her paindu ka aik he nara.. Main tay honda aye lay saan ;-) lol..
    aik bar yeh crap sab band ho jay to shaid pakiatan main achi bikes a jayn.. warna sari life yeh crap he bikay ka sonay k rate per.

Sent from my IM-A850L using PW Forums mobile app

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    Yup ad sitting on a girl friend has never been this fun
    Allah kray k Atlas ki band baj jaey
    Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    who gives a sh?t man.... AHL hv ridiculous fan following of hathora ustaad and people either who don't know about technology or people who loves to live in past.... there's no threat for AHL even if honda part ways, they will still sell in millions in rural areas.... just like they still selling millions of euro II while every 2nd one of them is standing in workshop for warranty claim.... AHL has nothing to do with enthusiastic bikers... AHL business strategy is plain and simple.... SAB GANDA HAI PER DHANDA HAI YEA...

Sent from Mars using Telegraph
    very very well said bro.. 1970 say lay kr ab tak crap he sale kia hay gold k rate per. u r right. sab ganda hay oer dhanda hay yeh.. her paindu ka aik he naara.. MAIN TAY HONDA AYEE LAY SAAN.. :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ruk_design View Post
    Allah kray k is cheap AHL ki band bajj jay jo 1970 say abtak jahil pakistanion ko sirf stickers bechta aya hay. with 1970 model crap engine.. nothing change.. or log jst resale ki waja say aisy crap bikes letay ja rahay hain same like suzuki mehran. or khud he aisy crap vehicles ki resale or price barhay ja rahay hain. aisy ghatya policy wali companies ko to arbon rupees ki panelty parni chaheyay jinhin nain pakistan ko loot ka kha lia. or same hamaray hukumranon wali policy rakh kr loota. or jahil quoom luti chali ja rahi hay. so AHL k users ko pehlay cd sream ka lollypop chuswaya ab 1970 model cgdream ki dream dikhayn *** lol. per her paindu ka aik he nara.. Main tay honda aye lay saan ;-) lol..
    aik bar yeh crap sab band ho jay to shaid pakiatan main achi bikes a jayn.. warna sari life yeh crap he bikay ka sonay k rate per.

InshAllah that day is not far when the motto "May tay Honda he laisa" will change to "May tay Honda ki laisa"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

all are bragging about 1970 ka honda etc to mere biker bhaio support the change buy a chonda instead of honda but no.. quality achi nahi ha us ki
    buy a gs 150 but no cg ki awaz ziada ha
    buy a piaggio per nahi plastic bohat ziada ha . all are ak47 of mouth bas fire sunn lo . and @ chaudry1000 hello buddy how it feels to read a postof a dead man ? did i rang some bells
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    all are bragging about 1970 ka honda etc to mere biker bhaio support the change buy a chonda instead of honda but no.. quality achi nahi ha us ki
    buy a gs 150 but no cg ki awaz ziada ha
    buy a piaggio per nahi plastic bohat ziada ha . all are ak47 of mouth bas fire sunn lo . and @ chaudry1000 hello buddy how it feels to read a postof a dead man ? did i rang some bells
    Yar kasiay halaat a *** hay people are even using internet from their graves

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What did I miss??
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    What did I miss??
    not alot my friend
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

"May tay Honda ki laisa"
    ho ha ha ha ha ha

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mod Edit: Off topic replies not permitted.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2014 is the year of positive change in automotive, tech sector for consumers in pak:

1. local wagon r launched by pak suzuki
    2. 3g / 4g licenses auctioned
    3. government plans to reduce duties on imported vehicles
    4. Yamaha's getting serious about plans for setting up a manufacturing plant in Pakistan due to better policies of new government.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    2014 is the year of positive change in automotive, tech sector for consumers in pak:

1. local wagon r launched by pak suzuki
    2. 3g / 4g licenses auctioned
    3. government plans to reduce duties on imported vehicles
    4. Yamaha's getting serious about plans for setting up a manufacturing plant in Pakistan due to better policies of new government.
    When is the new budget going to be announced?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AHL must sell "1 MILLION" units in just an year?
    Thats a lots of bikes my friend! 1 MILLION = 1,000,000... I don't think AHL has the capability to produce such enormous number of bikes let alone sell it!!! The roads will be FULL of Honda bikes if that happens. Secondly, I don't think our economy is strong enough to sustain that much economic pressure... Fuel, bikes maintenance, spare parts, dealerships. There're just so many factors to consider, my friend.
    Imagine, if Honda do somehow manage to sell a million CD70's. The cost of these bikes will be close to RS:70,000,000,000 and I've not considered the sales of CG or Deluxe... Include that and we're looking at a " 1 KHRAB RUPIA" minimum... And our national yearly budget is around 35 KHRAB...
    So here goes your theory... Do you've any reliable source to back up your claims? And if thats REALLY The case then only the Government is capable to save AHL by allocating a handful money "dosage" for the brand in the upcoming budget!
    I was an Economics Student so I rely on solid facts.... I don't believe in "FAIRY TAILS" like most of us... So provide facts.
    Until then, peace.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When is the new budget going to be announced?
    don't know the exact date but it is always before start of new financial year, 1st July of every year.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i was so disappointed when visited atlas honda website for viewing those 150 and 500 bikes
    even they dont know how to put on specs and pics for these kind of bikes. they have uploaded scanned third class copies of brochures. i mean w**
    they expect you to spend 660000 on a bike and have even provided proper tech specs.
    its like "lena hai to lo nai to bhaaarr mai jao"
    uuurrggghhhhhhhh i need to kill somebody :@
    You are to ride the machine, machine is not to ride you..

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syedhasan92110 View Post
    i was so disappointed when visited atlas honda website for viewing those 150 and 500 bikes
    even they dont know how to put on specs and pics for these kind of bikes. they have uploaded scanned third class copies of brochures. i mean w**
    they expect you to spend 660000 on a bike and have even provided proper tech specs.
    its like "lena hai to lo nai to bhaaarr mai jao"
    uuurrggghhhhhhhh i need to kill somebody :@
    u r right bro. is liyay to unka aik he nara hay for special people. k Main tay honda he lay saan. Ap samaj gye hongay k kin logon k liyay honda bani hay.. so unko is say koi matlab nahin na he website ka pata hay na spelling atay hain website k. bas her saal new color ki patti change hoti hay. itna change he more than enough hay in logon k liyay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List