Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need immediate help for my Chonda 70!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Need immediate help for my Chonda 70!

AOA guys, hope you're all doing good. It's been a while since I last used PakWheels...
    So, I got a used 2008 Sohrab 70cc phit-phiti!
    (It is the one with a Yamaha chassis.)
    It is used for daily commuting. But there were a few problems which are a huge cause of inconvenience to me and I would like to discuss them here.

1. First of all the largest problem I'm facing in this bike is bogging. It is really hard for me to start this bike in the morning (with or without choke). At least 20-30 kicks are required to get it going. And after that, even if I touch the throttle even a teeny weeny bit, the engine dies. It makes a strange burr-burr sound and dies. As it eventually gets warm, I can slowly increase the throttle without it dying but upto a certain limit on a certain temperature. Then after the bike is fully ready (takes about 10-15 mins), the problem isn't fully gone. If I twist the throttle a slight quicker than normal, it starts making that same noise and dies unless I quickly release it on time. Then I can't drive on low RPMs because of this, whenever the throttle is twisted slightly (for example when cruising) it does the same thing unless I fully thrash the throttle which takes about a second and then the bike runs like a cheetah! This happens especially in 4th gear. Then there's the smell of petrol from the exhaust, which is kind of abnormal. The fuel consumption was a bit messed up too. This really annoys me when I'm in a hurry and can't get the bike going! I went to the mechanic, he adjusted the fuel mixture and idle screw but no luck. Ended up giving him RS. 200! The only thing that did go ok was that when the bike is fully warm after 15 mins, then only it runs BETTER but not FINE. And now the fuel consumption has gone crazy! The bike drinks fuel like sharbat.
    And the smell hasn't gone either. Knocking occurs more often now. I had try to diagnose the problem myself over the internet and came to the conclusion that the intake gasket might be leaking, but the mechanic denied the fact and said the bike would misfire otherwise, which it does not currently. To me, it doesn't seem like just a fuel mixture problem, it might be something more to it.
    Another thing is after the mechanic touched it, the bike now starts jerking at least a kilometre earlier when the fuel is about to end even though it doesn't. I drive like a kilometer full of jerking like a khota and then I turned it to reserve. But that's not a big concern. But one thing I have noticed is the RPM range is amazing and the bike is very very responsive on higher RPM ranges like a 125! It can easily go upto 105 km/h. But that's from the start.
    Btw, my mamu said the problem might be with the carb jet, could it be?

2. I'm not sure on this one but it's just a guess that my clutch plate might have been worn out? Even with the clutch correctly adjusted with little play, the bike jerks when going into first from neutral which is kind of normal but I have seen many bikes which don't do that. Then even with the clutch fully depressed, if I accelerate the bike moves a bit like the clutch is released a bit but it isn't. Sometimes I hear a loud karak sound when shifting gears but not always.
    Usually when I shift from 2nd to 1st, there's this double shift feeling I get since I have to press it really hard but only from 2nd to 1st. It's like I've pressed the lever twice. (eg. it should only do TAK once but it does TAKTAK.) And if I don't apply enough pressure, the gear gets stuck between 2nd and 1st. This often happens but not always and only from 2nd to 1st.
    Then, if the bike's rear tyre gets stuck in a pothole or a steep speedbump, I gradually increase the throttle while leaving the clutch but only RPM increases and there's only a slight twitch in the wheel.
    And when I'm riding, if I suddenly increase the throttle the RPM goes wild even though the speed isn't that much, I think that's called clutch slipping? But it gets ok once I release the throttle a bit then the RPM and speed feel more proportional.

3. THERE'S TOO MUCH VIBRATION! Any tips on decreasing vibration?

4. The rear suspension is too hard. I got it changed to a same sized Yamaha's famous YD100 makhan malai suspension but only a slight difference. Any tips on that?

Any kind of help would be really appreciated.
    Need immediate help with this as it is a daily commuter.
    Thanks and Cheers!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bump.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro in my opinion the best option would be to sell it, because when these chonda's start causing problems they problems don't go away easliy. Being a'08 model and Sohrab (which is not much renowned chonda) and the problems you described above it looks like it has completed it's tenure.
    Instead of spending vast sums of money on mechanics and spare parts save the cash and get yourself 2010/11 Unique/Dhoom/Hero.
    I am sure you will be able to find one in reasonable price in twin cities.
    Since you purchased Sohrab recently and were unable diagnose such major issues as you have mentioned above i suggest you take a mechanic with you while purchasing (it will be worth it) consideing the money you might have to pay afterwards in case of any fault in bike.
    Just my 2 cents.
    If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Chaudhary007 View Post
    Bro in my opinion the best option would be to sell it, because when these chonda's start causing problems they problems don't go away easliy. Being a'08 model and Sohrab (which is not much renowned chonda) and the problems you described above it looks like it has completed it's tenure.
    Instead of spending vast sums of money on mechanics and spare parts save the cash and get yourself 2010/11 Unique/Dhoom/Hero.
    I am sure you will be able to find one in reasonable price in twin cities.
    Since you purchased Sohrab recently and were unable diagnose such major issues as you have mentioned above i suggest you take a mechanic with you while purchasing (it will be worth it) consideing the money you might have to pay afterwards in case of any fault in bike.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks alot for the suggestion. But I'm not planning on selling it, I recently bought it through my uncle. And according to him, the bike just finished it's break-in period and we just got it registered. It surely had passed it's break-in period but I don't think it's driven that much. The odometer doesn't work btw. I just need to get it fixed that's all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai aap key 1st problem ka hal yeh hai key air filter change karo aur jet 78 ka dalo 75 ka jet dala hwa hoga tabhi missing kar rhi hai bike aur jet change karatey howey carb ki achi tarha safayi karwana

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you need to go to the good mechanic and tell him all the problems which are you facing...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP

is the carb pipe original ? the one that attaches carb to head ?
    the type of problem highlighted in point 1 is related to carb venture/hole not sitting flush wiht the inlet pipe. this is one thing that i learned after altering my bike again and again ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinwahhab View Post
    Bhai aap key 1st problem ka hal yeh hai key air filter change karo aur jet 78 ka dalo 75 ka jet dala hwa hoga tabhi missing kar rhi hai bike aur jet change karatey howey carb ki achi tarha safayi karwana
    Quote Originally Posted by jagsten30 View Post
    you need to go to the good mechanic and tell him all the problems which are you facing...
    Air filter bohot dafa change kar chuka hoon, kabhi koi farq mehsoos nai hua. Jahan tak jet ki baat hai tou mera ye masla sirf thandi bike par hota hai, jab garam hojati hai tou bilkul mamooli si bogging hoti hai warna theek hojati hai kaafi had tak. Jet ka thanda ya garam se taluq hai?
    Mechanic sahab ne kuch bhi nai kiya, mechanic se bach ke reh raha hoon. Bohot thagg lete hain. :|

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    @OP

is the carb pipe original ? the one that attaches carb to head ?
    the type of problem highlighted in point 1 is related to carb venture/hole not sitting flush wiht the inlet pipe. this is one thing that i learned after altering my bike again and again ..
    No idea bro, I bought this bike in used condition.
    This is exactly what I'm thinking might be wrong but the mechanic is denying the fact and saying "agar ye thora sa bhi leak hota tou misfire kar ke bike band hojata". Ab usko kya samjhaoon.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imbigsmall View Post
    Air filter bohot dafa change kar chuka hoon, kabhi koi farq mehsoos nai hua. Jahan tak jet ki baat hai tou mera ye masla sirf thandi bike par hota hai, jab garam hojati hai tou bilkul mamooli si bogging hoti hai warna theek hojati hai kaafi had tak. Jet ka thanda ya garam se taluq hai?
    Mechanic sahab ne kuch bhi nai kiya, mechanic se bach ke reh raha hoon. Bohot thagg lete hain. :|
    Bhai yehi exact problen meri bike key sath bhe thi jub bhe start karta tha bike start ho jati thi jasey hi race deta tha bund ho jati thi kafi der tak garam karna parta tha phir ja kar set hoti thi us key bad bhe jump per ager race chorta tha to bund ho jati thi mechanic ko check karaya to us ney bataya key jet change hwa wa hai meri bike ka 78 ka jet dala us ney aur carb ki achi tarha safai kar key set kya aur tapet adjust kya us key bad sey mashallah subah pehli kick per start ho jati hai.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinwahhab View Post
    Bhai yehi exact problen meri bike key sath bhe thi jub bhe start karta tha bike start ho jati thi jasey hi race deta tha bund ho jati thi kafi der tak garam karna parta tha phir ja kar set hoti thi us key bad bhe jump per ager race chorta tha to bund ho jati thi mechanic ko check karaya to us ney bataya key jet change hwa wa hai meri bike ka 78 ka jet dala us ney aur carb ki achi tarha safai kar key set kya aur tapet adjust kya us key bad sey mashallah subah pehli kick per start ho jati hai.
    Chalein phir aapki option consider karleta hoon. Thanks alot for your help brother!
    Estimated time taken for service and cost?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Experts come in... @vickytulla @Silver_Knife @hidalgo @capsat @Xulfiqar

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bari nazuk surat-e-haal hai When was the last time you actually had bike tunning.

1. There's problem in carb jet
    2. You need to open carb and adjust the mixture from there (Float)
    3. Even if there's dust in carb bike will start missing
    4. Kindly attach the pics of plug to (as it will be give an idea of fuel mixture
    5. Did you tried adjusting the clutch lever? The problem you are mentioning mostly arise from misaligned lever

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree! you need to visit a mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Bari nazuk surat-e-haal hai When was the last time you actually had bike tunning.

4. Kindly attach the pics of plug to (as it will be give an idea of fuel mixture
    5. Did you tried adjusting the clutch lever? The problem you are mentioning mostly arise from misaligned lever
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bilkul Durust!

I will not open the carb myself as I'm not a pro in this stuff, will take it to the mechanic. Last bike tuning was done almost 2-3 months ago. Will upload the pic sometime later on, and maybe a video of a cold start too!
    Yes I have adjusted the clutch many times on various settings with little to alot of play. Now have it on the perfect setting with halfway play. But the problem persists on all settings, even if I add alot of play.

Do you think a leak in the carb pipe might have caused this?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    I agree! you need to visit a mechanic.
    Mechanic sahab had no clue regarding the problem, he just adjusted the fuel mixture via the screws but no change.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bilkul Durust!

I will not open the carb myself as I'm not a pro in this stuff, will take it to the mechanic. Last bike tuning was done almost 2-3 months ago. Will upload the pic sometime later on, and maybe a video of a cold start too!
    Yes I have adjusted the clutch many times on various settings with little to alot of play. Now have it on the perfect setting with halfway play. But the problem persists on all settings, even if I add alot of play.
    Ofcourse you have to go to mechanic. Clutch plates gone too. And post pix of plug that will help assessing the fuel mixture

Sent from my LG-F240 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

am sorry i have no clue about motorcycles
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Then it must be bad mechnic try finding good one.

when you fine one, try sitting beside him while he work to see what he does so you can learn .. its my hobby to completly focus on what he is doing while servicing my bike... and I learn alot..

Mechanic sahab had no clue regarding the problem, he just adjusted the fuel mixture via the screws but no change.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ofcourse you have to go to mechanic. Clutch plates gone too. And post pix of plug that will help assessing the fuel mixture

Sent from my LG-F240 using Tapatalk
    Just as I thought, the clutch plates are worn out. Wonder why the mechanic didn't agree with me. Will go again. Sure, will post as soon as I can.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List