Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need immediate help for my Chonda 70!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Need immediate help for my Chonda 70!

AOA guys, hope you're all doing good. It's been a while since I last used PakWheels...
    So, I got a used 2008 Sohrab 70cc phit-phiti!
    (It is the one with a Yamaha chassis.)
    It is used for daily commuting. But there were a few problems which are a huge cause of inconvenience to me and I would like to discuss them here.

1. First of all the largest problem I'm facing in this bike is bogging. It is really hard for me to start this bike in the morning (with or without choke). At least 20-30 kicks are required to get it going. And after that, even if I touch the throttle even a teeny weeny bit, the engine dies. It makes a strange burr-burr sound and dies. As it eventually gets warm, I can slowly increase the throttle without it dying but upto a certain limit on a certain temperature. Then after the bike is fully ready (takes about 10-15 mins), the problem isn't fully gone. If I twist the throttle a slight quicker than normal, it starts making that same noise and dies unless I quickly release it on time. Then I can't drive on low RPMs because of this, whenever the throttle is twisted slightly (for example when cruising) it does the same thing unless I fully thrash the throttle which takes about a second and then the bike runs like a cheetah! This happens especially in 4th gear. Then there's the smell of petrol from the exhaust, which is kind of abnormal. The fuel consumption was a bit messed up too. This really annoys me when I'm in a hurry and can't get the bike going! I went to the mechanic, he adjusted the fuel mixture and idle screw but no luck. Ended up giving him RS. 200! The only thing that did go ok was that when the bike is fully warm after 15 mins, then only it runs BETTER but not FINE. And now the fuel consumption has gone crazy! The bike drinks fuel like sharbat.
    And the smell hasn't gone either. Knocking occurs more often now. I had try to diagnose the problem myself over the internet and came to the conclusion that the intake gasket might be leaking, but the mechanic denied the fact and said the bike would misfire otherwise, which it does not currently. To me, it doesn't seem like just a fuel mixture problem, it might be something more to it.
    Another thing is after the mechanic touched it, the bike now starts jerking at least a kilometre earlier when the fuel is about to end even though it doesn't. I drive like a kilometer full of jerking like a khota and then I turned it to reserve. But that's not a big concern. But one thing I have noticed is the RPM range is amazing and the bike is very very responsive on higher RPM ranges like a 125! It can easily go upto 105 km/h. But that's from the start.
    Btw, my mamu said the problem might be with the carb jet, could it be?

2. I'm not sure on this one but it's just a guess that my clutch plate might have been worn out? Even with the clutch correctly adjusted with little play, the bike jerks when going into first from neutral which is kind of normal but I have seen many bikes which don't do that. Then even with the clutch fully depressed, if I accelerate the bike moves a bit like the clutch is released a bit but it isn't. Sometimes I hear a loud karak sound when shifting gears but not always.
    Usually when I shift from 2nd to 1st, there's this double shift feeling I get since I have to press it really hard but only from 2nd to 1st. It's like I've pressed the lever twice. (eg. it should only do TAK once but it does TAKTAK.) And if I don't apply enough pressure, the gear gets stuck between 2nd and 1st. This often happens but not always and only from 2nd to 1st.
    Then, if the bike's rear tyre gets stuck in a pothole or a steep speedbump, I gradually increase the throttle while leaving the clutch but only RPM increases and there's only a slight twitch in the wheel.
    And when I'm riding, if I suddenly increase the throttle the RPM goes wild even though the speed isn't that much, I think that's called clutch slipping? But it gets ok once I release the throttle a bit then the RPM and speed feel more proportional.

3. THERE'S TOO MUCH VIBRATION! Any tips on decreasing vibration?

4. The rear suspension is too hard. I got it changed to a same sized Yamaha's famous YD100 makhan malai suspension but only a slight difference. Any tips on that?

Any kind of help would be really appreciated.
    Need immediate help with this as it is a daily commuter.
    Thanks and Cheers!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    am sorry i have no clue about motorcycles
    No problem at all buddy! Thanks anyways.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imbigsmall View Post
    Just as I thought, the clutch plates are worn out. Wonder why the mechanic didn't agree with me. Will go again. Sure, will post as soon as I can.
    Its very hard to find a good mechanic in RWP. I was blessed by @RX115 as he visitred me and took time out to show around good mechanics.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Then it must be bad mechnic try finding good one.

when you fine one, try sitting beside him while he work to see what he does so you can learn .. its my hobby to completly focus on what he is doing while servicing my bike... and I learn alot..
    Seems like it!
    Will find another one.

I usually watch the mechanics when they work on my bike, I know what they're doing and I usually get to know something new! It's a good hobby indeed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Its very hard to find a good mechanic in RWP. I was blessed by @RX115 as he visitred me and took time out to show around good mechanics.
    I see. I kind of live in the middle of Islamabad and Rawalpindi. A bit isolated. The mechanics here are limited. I'm sure I'll find a better one, but I don't think it's feasible for me to go anywhere more further than my place.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asjdsm @vickytulla @Silver_Knife

Uploaded two videos of not-so-cold starts, but the problem can be seen here. The problem is worse in morning than seen here. Kindly leave your comments...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

adjust valve timing
    and how is the kick does it feel strong or loose ??
    is it making good compression ?

i also suspect some mechanical fault .. and would have opened the head cylinder to inspect piston and valves.
    also have you confirmed that the hole feeding air into carb and then feeding the petrol/air mixture to engine is flush/proper placed ?
    condition of sparkplug ? and its cable ? and what about cdi unit?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this will improve in summer... but as I notice your kick went down quite easily Compression seems to be too less.... seconly ask mechnic to make carb a little rich in fuel just for winters and i will start better..

my bike behaves the same and I usually choke it for 2 to 3 second in the morning and rev it so it gulp a big feul in start and quickly warms up .. and ready to go..
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have pmed you my number
    cntct me and lets do a diy of your bike .
    legend will revive soon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    adjust valve timing
    and how is the kick does it feel strong or loose ??
    is it making good compression ?

i also suspect some mechanical fault .. and would have opened the head cylinder to inspect piston and valves.
    also have you confirmed that the hole feeding air into carb and then feeding the petrol/air mixture to engine is flush/proper placed ?
    condition of sparkplug ? and its cable ? and what about cdi unit?
    Hmmm... It's getting confusing as everyone has a different answer for this. Anyhow, will note that down in my list. Usually the kick is normal, but if the engine stalls by itself then the next kick is very very soft with no force at all. But if I turn it off myself, then it's normal. But usually after every 2 or 3 successive kick, the next kick is so very hard like it gets jammed or something and even if I stand on the kick, it won't go all the way down. Very strange.

It is not confirmed about the pipe, I have a feeling it might be the cause. It is in my list. I cannot tell the condition of spark plug as the mechanic has tightened it too much and I am unable to open it by myself.
    Not sure about cable and cdi unit.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    this will improve in summer... but as I notice your kick went down quite easily Compression seems to be too less.... seconly ask mechnic to make carb a little rich in fuel just for winters and i will start better..

my bike behaves the same and I usually choke it for 2 to 3 second in the morning and rev it so it gulp a big feul in start and quickly warms up .. and ready to go..
    You're right, it is much better in summer time or if I start it in the evening.
    About the kick, as I mentioned in my previous reply to asjdsm, the kick gets really really soft requiring no force when the engine stalls by itself but only for one kick. Otherwise it is normal, and it gets jammed really hard after 2 or 3 successive kicks for some strange unknown reason.
    The last time I went to mechanic, he had changed the fuel mixture and it is slightly better now. Most probably he had made it rich.

The problem for my bike in the morning is I can't even rev it a bit. The videos I uploaded here were either taken in evening, or at night after I had already started it in the morning before. A hard cold start is really annoying, will try to upload that too. So the choke method is not applicable, already tried that!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    i have pmed you my number
    cntct me and lets do a diy of your bike .
    Got the number. Thanks alot brother! Will contact when free In Sha Allah!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List