72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My GS150 After 3 year of Use

AOA fellows sharing here my bike pictures which is been with me for last 3 years.

i had made some minor changes in the bike after purchasing her.

1) replaced acid battery with maintenance free 1.

2) changed front and rear tires with better 1s.
    front is from service 2.75/18
    rear is from DSi 100-90/18

3) changed rear back light with newer model, with out any doubt new rear light have more presence on road than previous 1.

4) changed stock bulb with osram h4 bulb 12v 55/60w with relay installed to save bike wiring from getting heat up.

5) oil used in bike is always 20w50 mineral oil for gasoline engine not 4T oil of any type ,except once used 5w30 havoline full synthetic oil for 1.2k km. many will disagree with my choice of oil but what to do, petromin ultra 7, valvoline xld and now mobil special works excellent for me in all the bikes i have kept over passage of time without any trouble. and they are cost effective too.

6) only used NuFinish polish once a year over the painted parts and u can see the results.

7) bike have done 5.8k km till now.

8) parts replaced till now.

a) right side rear indicator which was broken by my self.
    b) Rpm cable once.
    c) rear brake shoe once.

9) fuel consumption: 40+km/l till now.

let the picture do some talking.

Adding new ride picture too

take care and kind regards.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Help others so that u can be Helped

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default this is how to secure helmet with Studds helmet lock

AOA fellows here is how to secure helmet using Studds helmet lock.

this lock comes with 4 pcs of nuts and bolt that are design to fit in their position in such a manner that no 1 can tempered it our open it without using special tool. in my case i lost 1 of the bolt in installation so i decided to install this lock using LN key bolt and nuts and it works perfectly.

also with this lock come 4 pcs of specially designed rubber which is very usefull in order to fit on different dia of installation pipe. for gs150 newer model 3 of the rubber pieces is needed as for the older model 2 pieces are enough.

key for the lock is also some thing different. i wanted to have a 1 separate key make in case i lost 2 keys supplied and to my surprise lock smith took nearly 20 minutes to make the key and that too was not up to the mark .
    so it got safe locking system.

material used in the lock is also very good also unbreakable, very good finishing.

overall its a 1 fine piece of accessories required in order to lock helmet on bike.

so here are some pictures i took today morning.

Attached Images Attached Images           

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dr.omair View Post
    @archon2001
    Brother congratulations on your new ride. May Allaah reward you with good

You have done some really nice upgrades to your machine. Kindly do post the performance of the DSI tyre on wet/slippery roads as I've heard it doesn't perform too well. Plz do let me know if the tyre change was a cosmetic upgrade or a performance upgrade.
    As far as my case is concerned, I am still running the stock panther 90/90 tyre on stock rim. I took the bike along with some friends to northern areas, and it rained all the way up as well as when we were descending. Believe me, the stock tyre performed exceptionally well. I did not feel it slipping even once
    The reason I brought this up is because I am thinking of getting a broader rear tyre
    Looking forward to your opinion
    JazakAllaah
    dear dr omair thank you for yr kind blessing jazak Allah khair may Allah bless u with all u desire Ameen.

Dsi tires and i comes long long way. 1st time i purchased dsi tire in 90's when i was in srilanka buying parts for my cd185 twin and i saw most of cd200/185 ie 125T runs on dsi tires and u know its rain like cats and dog in srilanka, at that time my ride was on service tire and it got puncture issue including wall cracking issue etc so i purchased set of dsi tire came back to pakistan and installed and believe me never had problem with those tires still 1 of the cd185 front tire is from that time and its in very good condition.
    have used golden boy (korean) tire in kawasaki 125 and it was bad bad experience as it looks good by slips too much.took it off and replaced with dsi. cd185 rear tire is of golden boy works nicely bought due to absence of dsi in required size.
    now coming to dsi tire in gs150 so brother its certainly not cosmetic but needed .
    tell you why i prefer dsi over local tires.
    in 2011 i purchased 2 GS150 brand new with 15 days difference in delivery date, 1 for me and 1 for my youngest brother.
    i changed the rear tire immediately after the purchase with the golden boy tire of the same size which i had at home, my mistake that tire was slipping on braking like i am riding on ice floor. bought dsi and issue was solved, major change in grip and braking.
    whereas my younger brother bike was on stock tires and he was complaining bhai its getting puncture and i am not getting good braking even in low speed so i took his bike to mechanic got the brake adjusted and on the way back to home when i was making 40km/hr i had to brake hard due to a toyota premio in front of me stopped all of the sudden and i ended up my bike front in premio rear light and that was straight 8k damage to my pocket . so dsi was the tire again in that bike too and my brother rode that bike for next 15k km without a single issue what so ever till he moved to germany and sold that bike.

so u see all i posted is my experience over this tire and till now no complain.
    best of luck with yr purchase i m sure u won't be disappointed.
    u can find many owners of gs150 switching to better tires and imported 1s, dunlop/dsi/irc. all of them are satisfied with their bike performance and braking.

feel free to ask any thing its always a pleasure.

take care and kind regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    AOA fellows here is how to secure helmet using Studds helmet lock.

this lock comes with 4 pcs of nuts and bolt that are design to fit in their position in such a manner that no 1 can tempered it our open it without using special tool. in my case i lost 1 of the bolt in installation so i decided to install this lock using LN key bolt and nuts and it works perfectly.

also with this lock come 4 pcs of specially designed rubber which is very usefull in order to fit on different dia of installation pipe. for gs150 newer model 3 of the rubber pieces is needed as for the older model 2 pieces are enough.

key for the lock is also some thing different. i wanted to have a 1 separate key make in case i lost 2 keys supplied and to my surprise lock smith took nearly 20 minutes to make the key and that too was not up to the mark .
    so it got safe locking system.

material used in the lock is also very good also unbreakable, very good finishing.

overall its a 1 fine piece of accessories required in order to lock helmet on bike.

so here are some pictures i took today morning.

Sir i have a question
    By seeing those pics i can tell that you are using studds shifter helmet
    Are you having trouble with wind noise at speeds around 40Km and above?
    I have recently purchased scorpion and it has loud wind noise
    I have done everything i can but the wind noise is not reducing
    Any solution

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear dr omair thank you for yr kind blessing jazak Allah khair may Allah bless u with all u desire Ameen.

Dsi tires and i comes long long way. 1st time i purchased dsi tire in 90's when i was in srilanka buying parts for my cd185 twin and i saw most of cd200/185 ie 125T runs on dsi tires and u know its rain like cats and dog in srilanka, at that time my ride was on service tire and it got puncture issue including wall cracking issue etc so i purchased set of dsi tire came back to pakistan and installed and believe me never had problem with those tires still 1 of the cd185 front tire is from that time and its in very good condition.
    have used golden boy (korean) tire in kawasaki 125 and it was bad bad experience as it looks good by slips too much.took it off and replaced with dsi. cd185 rear tire is of golden boy works nicely bought due to absence of dsi in required size.
    now coming to dsi tire in gs150 so brother its certainly not cosmetic but needed .
    tell you why i prefer dsi over local tires.
    in 2011 i purchased 2 GS150 brand new with 15 days difference in delivery date, 1 for me and 1 for my youngest brother.
    i changed the rear tire immediately after the purchase with the golden boy tire of the same size which i had at home, my mistake that tire was slipping on braking like i am riding on ice floor. bought dsi and issue was solved, major change in grip and braking.
    whereas my younger brother bike was on stock tires and he was complaining bhai its getting puncture and i am not getting good braking even in low speed so i took his bike to mechanic got the brake adjusted and on the way back to home when i was making 40km/hr i had to brake hard due to a toyota premio in front of me stopped all of the sudden and i ended up my bike front in premio rear light and that was straight 8k damage to my pocket . so dsi was the tire again in that bike too and my brother rode that bike for next 15k km without a single issue what so ever till he moved to germany and sold that bike.

so u see all i posted is my experience over this tire and till now no complain.
    best of luck with yr purchase i m sure u won't be disappointed.
    u can find many owners of gs150 switching to better tires and imported 1s, dunlop/dsi/irc. all of them are satisfied with their bike performance and braking.

feel free to ask any thing its always a pleasure.

Did you have to change the rim or 100/90-18 dsi tire fitted easily on the stock GS150 rim?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so thats all folks .

hope u will enjoy some of the bad snaps .
    In love with the colour <3
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    Sir i have a question
    By seeing those pics i can tell that you are using studds shifter helmet
    Are you having trouble with wind noise at speeds around 40Km and above?
    I have recently purchased scorpion and it has loud wind noise
    I have done everything i can but the wind noise is not reducing
    Any solution
    well nothing of this sort of problem in any of the helmets of studds i own. shifter, chrome and marshall.
    chrome is kind of noisey but not that much, marshall is very silent,
    infact shifter is so damm silent that some time its really scary when i look at the meter and found that i am doing 100km/hr .

i am forwarding this issue of yrs to mr kamal of studds hopefully he will have some solution for u.
    don't worry if there is a problem there is a solution.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    Did you have to change the rim or 100/90-18 dsi tire fitted easily on the stock GS150 rim?
    easy fit on stock rim, checked tested and rode on all 3 gs we owned without any problem what so ever.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalayub919 View Post
    In love with the colour <3
    yes personally i like this color too

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

easy fit on stock rim, checked tested and rode on all 3 gs we owned without any problem what so ever.
    Bro how much Dsi cost you?
    And when did you buy helmet lock (date)?
    Mr Kamal still saying that shipment or coming. I asked him 20 days ago he sad he will have in few days but still unlucky.
    Is the helmet lock available in different colors?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsan95 View Post
    Bro how much Dsi cost you?
    And when did you buy helmet lock (date)?
    Mr Kamal still saying that shipment or coming. I asked him 20 days ago he sad he will have in few days but still unlucky.
    Is the helmet lock available in different colors?
    3k in exchange of stock tire.

24-02-2014 afternoon.
    yes i have talked to kamal and he informed me that shipment is delayed for couple of days so no worries they will be here.
    i was lucky to get the last piece last time .
    no i believe only in black color.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro aap ka lock bht acha hai per mere khyal men aik problem ho ga jub aap is ko pechey ki taraf rotate kar key bike chalatey ho gey to yeh bht shor karta ho ga carier sey takra kar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinwahhab View Post
    Bro aap ka lock bht acha hai per mere khyal men aik problem ho ga jub aap is ko pechey ki taraf rotate kar key bike chalatey ho gey to yeh bht shor karta ho ga carier sey takra kar
    Valid point. Due to regular contact and frequent bumps it might destroy the paint of the carrier.
    Solution can be to cover it by foam type covers don't know the proper name.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinwahhab View Post
    tks for admiring the lock .
    no it dose not make any noise neither it vibrates while riding, when fitting this lock on the carrier i have kept all possible issues in mind.read my post regarding rubbers fitting with this lock it take care of vibration. also at the rotation end its kind of geared so that it lock its self in 1 position either side. using it for last 40 days never felt any problem.
    tks for visiting the thread.
    kind regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well nothing of this sort of problem in any of the helmets of studds i own. shifter, chrome and marshall.
    chrome is kind of noisey but not that much, marshall is very silent,
    infact shifter is so damm silent that some time its really scary when i look at the meter and found that i am doing 100km/hr .

i am forwarding this issue of yrs to mr kamal of studds hopefully he will have some solution for u.
    don't worry if there is a problem there is a solution.
    Thanks sir

16. 08-04-2014, 11:05 AM

PakWheeler

Reason
    commercial selling not allowed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA fellows sharing here my bike pictures which is been with me for last 3 years.

i had made some minor changes in the bike after purchasing her.

1) replaced acid battery with maintenance free 1.

2) changed front and rear tires with better 1s.
    front is from service 2.75/18
    rear is from DSi 100-90/18

3) changed rear back light with newer model, with out any doubt new rear light have more presence on road than previous 1.

4) changed stock bulb with osram h4 bulb 12v 55/60w with relay installed to save bike wiring from getting heat up.

5) oil used in bike is always 20w50 mineral oil for gasoline engine not 4T oil of any type ,except once used 5w30 havoline full synthetic oil for 1.2k km. many will disagree with my choice of oil but what to do, petromin ultra 7, valvoline xld and now mobil special works excellent for me in all the bikes i have kept over passage of time without any trouble. and they are cost effective too.

6) only used NuFinish polish once a year over the painted parts and u can see the results.

7) bike have done 5.8k km till now.

8) parts replaced till now.

a) right side rear indicator which was broken by my self.
    b) Rpm cable once.
    c) rear brake shoe once.

9) fuel consumption: 40+km/l till now.

let the picture do some talking.

Allah mubarak karay very well maintained brother
    do keep giving sadka of this lovely bike off and on

18. 08-04-2014, 11:40 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My GS150 After 3 year of Use -1393586

20. 08-04-2014, 11:40 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

21. 08-04-2014, 11:40 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

22. 08-04-2014, 11:40 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

23. 08-04-2014, 11:40 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

24. 08-04-2014, 11:40 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

25. 08-04-2014, 11:40 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

26. 08-04-2014, 11:40 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

27. 08-04-2014, 11:40 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

28. 08-04-2014, 11:45 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

29. 08-04-2014, 11:45 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

30. 08-04-2014, 11:45 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

31. 08-04-2014, 11:45 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

32. 08-04-2014, 11:45 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

33. 08-04-2014, 11:45 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

34. 08-04-2014, 11:45 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

35. 08-04-2014, 11:45 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

36. 08-04-2014, 11:45 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

37. 08-04-2014, 11:45 AM

PakWheeler

Reason

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

gr8 pictures kamal , good to see danish nawaz too, as i remembered back in early 90's his elder brother yasir nawaz had kawasaki z400 or z440.
    met him couple of time at pechs society. we use to go to same barber shop hahahahahaha. good old days .

btw had send u a msg on fb. kindly do look into it.

39. 08-04-2014, 01:25 PM

PakWheeler

Reason

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

tks for admiring the lock .
    no it dose not make any noise neither it vibrates while riding, when fitting this lock on the carrier i have kept all possible issues in mind.read my post regarding rubbers fitting with this lock it take care of vibration. also at the rotation end its kind of geared so that it lock its self in 1 position either side. using it for last 40 days never felt any problem.
    tks for visiting the thread.
    kind regards
    Ur welcome sir

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@archon2001 Bro do the new back light of gs150 be fitted on 2013 model without any alteration? I was buying the new back light but the showroom guy told me that it can't be fitted on the 2013 model.
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How much does an indicator (original of gs150 white one) cost?
    My indicator rubber broke so i inquired from mechanic at Suzuki he said in a funny mood that it will cost 400rs. I thought he was just kidding.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List