Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By Haji__John
  • 2 Post By amjad635
  • 1 Post By Haji__John
  • 2 Post By docefi

Thread: How I washed gs150 air filter :)

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Haji__John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default How I washed gs150 air filter :)

    The day was sunny to I thought it would be the best day for this job. Started this job at 8 am.
    First I warmed up the bike to operating temperature and then took out the filter.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362051

    Since I had warmed up the bike and taken out the filter I used my trusty carb cleaner to clean out the carb. Started up the bike and started spraying.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362053
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362054

    For cleaning out all the dirt and oil the partner I chose was our childhood friend we all know about because I read about it on the internet that its good for the job.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362056

    And started cleaning.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362057

    Since the inside surface is the place where all the dirt is trapped I focused on that.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362058

    Pani ka haal afterwards.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362064

    Then came the skeleton's turn.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362063

    And left them both out to dry for the day.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362065

    Now comes the complex part, the oiling part. The oil I use is PSO gear oil I bought it last year for 380 Rs. Its good, does the job.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362060

    The procedure I used was to put the filter in a shopping bag and pour the oil in it. I know how much oil is required so pour in almost enough to get the job done. This method avoids getting your hands oily.

    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362059
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362061

    Make it air tight and squeeze to the oil is distributed in the filter and then get rid of the shopping bag. Easy as that.
    Then I left it like this for an hour or two so the oil comes to the bottom side if there is excess in it.

    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362062

    After that I just attached it back to bike and it worked flawlessly. So I got two things done carb and air filter.
    Now my bike's got an increased throttle response and a smooth drive.
    Hope u liked reading. Comments are welcome.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    JUNOON007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,074
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro oil kis liye lagatay hain

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    i am really surprised on your carb cleaning procedure i am not an expert
    but bro i don't think that was right procedure with this that carburetor cleaner spray
    mighty have went into engine combustion chamber which could prove seriously harmful for engine
    if you wish to clean carburetor with such kinda sprays what i feel it is supposed to be
    cleaned by removing it from bike and than after opening spray is used to clean it


  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahsan95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    996
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haji__John View Post
    The day was sunny to I thought it would be the best day for this job. Started this job at 8 am.
    First I warmed up the bike to operating temperature and then took out the filter.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362051

    Since I had warmed up the bike and taken out the filter I used my trusty carb cleaner to clean out the carb. Started up the bike and started spraying.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362053
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362054

    For cleaning out all the dirt and oil the partner I chose was our childhood friend we all know about because I read about it on the internet that its good for the job.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362056

    And started cleaning.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362057

    Since the inside surface is the place where all the dirt is trapped I focused on that.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362058

    Pani ka haal afterwards.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362064

    Then came the skeleton's turn.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362063

    And left them both out to dry for the day.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362065

    Now comes the complex part, the oiling part. The oil I use is PSO gear oil I bought it last year for 380 Rs. Its good, does the job.
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362060

    The procedure I used was to put the filter in a shopping bag and pour the oil in it. I know how much oil is required so pour in almost enough to get the job done. This method avoids getting your hands oily.

    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362059
    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362061

    Make it air tight and squeeze to the oil is distributed in the filter and then get rid of the shopping bag. Easy as that.
    Then I left it like this for an hour or two so the oil comes to the bottom side if there is excess in it.

    How I washed gs150 air filter  -1362062

    After that I just attached it back to bike and it worked flawlessly. So I got two things done carb and air filter.
    Now my bike's got an increased throttle response and a smooth drive.
    Hope u liked reading. Comments are welcome.
    Good effort brother!
    Just be careful when oiling the air filter. Drain excessive oil from the air filter or else the required amount of air will not reach and more fuel will be consumed and bike might stall.

    You could also have used kerosene oil and then washed it in surf water dried and oiled and then dried it.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    Haji__John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    i am really surprised on your carb cleaning procedure i am not an expert
    but bro i don't think that was right procedure with this that carburetor cleaner spray
    mighty have went into engine combustion chamber which could prove seriously harmful for engine
    if you wish to clean carburetor with such kinda sprays what i feel it is supposed to be
    cleaned by removing it from bike and than after opening spray is used to clean it

    Well its done by starting the bike and spraying it in the carbs throat (little bursts). Just like how a car's carb is done. I read tons of posts on the internet about it and no one said its harmful in any way.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    Haji__John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNOON007 View Post
    bro oil kis liye lagatay hain
    Its a very long story buddy. Its better to search on the internet about it and read in detail.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    Haji__John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan95 View Post
    Good effort brother!
    Just be careful when oiling the air filter. Drain excessive oil from the air filter or else the required amount of air will not reach and more fuel will be consumed and bike might stall.

    You could also have used kerosene oil and then washed it in surf water dried and oiled and then dried it.
    Yea thats a good method too but that costs you. I used dishwash liquid cuz I read that its a super degreaser and a cleaner. So it does both the jobs in one go. I saw many videos on youtube about it many dirtbikers were using this method.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    12gauge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Haji__John

    Bro, its nice to know there are people out there who regularly use carb cleaners. I have been saying this for quiet some time that carb cleaners are a must for every vehicle (irrespective of the number of cylinders) that are equipped with a carburettor. another benefit of a carb cleaner is that it also cleans the intake-valve while making its way inside the combustion chamber.

    Since we are on the subject, why did you use gear oil? isn't it a bit too thick for the purpose? I was under the impression that one should only use two-stroke oil for this purpose as two-stroke oils combust at a much lower temperature thus do no hamper the regular combustion inside the chamber.

    Regards.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    Haji__John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Well I read about it on alot of forums. The reason for gear oil was that its thick and doesnt tend to fling off the filter unless you have 1100cc bike with a super air intake. Because its thick it traps more dirt and air flow suffer too a bit i guess. Its just a 150cc bike and I dont drive at 100kmh so I dont need super air flow. If keeps the engine more clean and comes out when i wash it too plus its safe for the foam element.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SyedMoazzam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    2,271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    The very best and efficient tutorial indeed

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    docefi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Liaquat pur
    Age
    47
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i am owner of gs 150 from 9 years .I myself do the same but one thing to ad carb cleaner works best when you open carborator and spray jets individually

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    Haji__John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Par yaar kon kholay is jahaaz ko
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    devilskreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,488
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Washing air cleaner element in lukewarm water + lemon max is the best way if you got time to wait till it dries off.I dont dip the element in gear oil but apply a uniform coat outside via hands..

    If time is an issue just wash element via kerosene oil let it dry for a dew mins and apply a coat on the external surface
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    suzukialtomehran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,289
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Spark plugs needs to be cleaned after spraying curb cleaner
    Two of the best quotes of Punjabi : 1. Rull tan gae aan! Per Chass aa Gae ai!, 2. Gal Pya Dhol Ty Wajana Penda ay.

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SyedMoazzam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    2,271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suzukialtomehran View Post
    Spark plugs needs to be cleaned after spraying curb cleaner
    Well i think that he must have changed the plug also

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    docefi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Liaquat pur
    Age
    47
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    its easier to open than its compitetors

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    momekh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bhai yai to next level hai!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •