Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Libertine
  • 1 Post By Libertine

Thread: A good sports bike needed, need your valuable advice!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A good sports bike needed, need your valuable advice!

Assalamualaikum! I hope you are all doing great. This is my first post on PW.

I am a big car enthusiast, and I have recently decided to take a plunge into the bike world. I have owned a 2011 CG125, but I find that motorcycle to be too powerless for my needs. It's great for navigating in-city traffic, but on open roads, it runs out of juice fast.

Now what I need is a good motorcycle, preferably below 600k. The thing to keep in consideration is that I am a fairly big man. I am 6'3'' and weigh just over a 100kgs. So you can imagine, a CG125 is not the bike for me. The handles cant move much because of my knees coming in the way.
    Now I want a naked bike, not a full on sports bike. I also want it to be fairly reliable (my reliability standards are pretty low. I don't mind a trip to the workshop once or twice a month) since it will be used frequently. So far the best bike Iv'e seen is a GS 500. But the problem is I can't find a good GS 500 for sale.
    So if you have any other suggestions, or you have an eye on a good GS 500 for sale, please let me know! I currently live in Islamabad, and often go to Lahore too.
    I need a bike soon, and if I can't find something within a month or so, I'll go for the GS 150 temporarily since it is comfortable for me.

Thanks a lot!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't go for a used bike of older model in this range. Within 600,000 Rs these are the best options available to you.

Brand New-

1. Suzuki Inazuma GW250 - Rs 675,000 for 2013 model leftover stock. Rs 725,000 for 2014 fresh stock.

2. Honda CBR 150R - Rs 660,000 for 2013/2014 model. Honda Atlas has not increased the price for fresh stock 2014 model unlike Pak Suzuki.

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In 600k you can get 2002-2003 R6 or CBR.

But best option is CBR600, Yamaha R6 produce 106-108bhp where as CBR produce round about 114-118bhp. If you really wanna enjoy and you are a hardcore rider want to see most of riders in your rear view mirror just go for CBR600. But only if you find a mint condition bike.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro here in Multan a Showroom named Torque that has all the range of sports bike dirt bike etc... I can give u its no if u need.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot for your replies! @Libertine Yes, i have been considering the Inazuma. I just need to make sure that it accelerates well enough. What do you think it's 0-60 time will be? (With a 100kg rider) It already weighs 200kg, and is 26hp which seems a bit low to me. CBR 150 is not an option because of it's lack of power.
    The thing is, I can buy any bike under that range, it isn't necessary that I will spend 600k. If I can find a cheaper and better option I'll go for it.
    Tell me about the GS 500, is it worth buying? Do pakistani models really have the acceleration that foreign GS 500's have?
    I really like the Bandit 400, but again, the availability of parts is a big issue for me.
    @r1 Bro right now I don't want to go for a hard core sports bike because I don't think it suits my size, there will be comfort issues. I need to use the bike frequently since my car is usually at the workshop and isn't reliable at all, and gives an average of about 4 km/l.
    @SaadBukhari. Thanks a lot man, but Multan is not feasible for me.
    A V8 is not just an engine, it is a way of life!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm a big guy too (6'2 @ 87kg, used to be 110kg, LOL) and handle bars on CG was never been a problem to me. Even CD70's are fine (although I look HUGE on them!!!). Maybe you've more height in your inseam I suppose.
    Anyhow, Your best bet is to visit heavy bike shops. There's one near Defence Morr, Lahore and several others near National Hospital. The one near Defence Morr had a GSX-R1000 and a Yamaha R6 in their display + a naked bike which appeared to be Yamaha FZ8 (I'm not sure though).
    Or as someone else here have suggested, get an Inazuma 250 although its overpriced for a 250cc IMO.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Looking at your requirements you should go for a GS500 because it's comfortable but lacks a little in terms of power because it is an old bike as i saw in a review the guy said that GS500 is equally faster compared to the Kawasaki Ninja 250 although its 500 cc. But overall its a nice bike which can give good fuel economy and is comfortable too as most people choose GS500 for long tours.
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vettelover View Post
    Thanks a lot for your replies! @Libertine Yes, i have been considering the Inazuma. I just need to make sure that it accelerates well enough. What do you think it's 0-60 time will be? (With a 100kg rider) It already weighs 200kg, and is 26hp which seems a bit low to me. CBR 150 is not an option because of it's lack of power.
    The thing is, I can buy any bike under that range, it isn't necessary that I will spend 600k. If I can find a cheaper and better option I'll go for it.
    Tell me about the GS 500, is it worth buying? Do pakistani models really have the acceleration that foreign GS 500's have?
    I really like the Bandit 400, but again, the availability of parts is a big issue for me.
    @r1 Bro right now I don't want to go for a hard core sports bike because I don't think it suits my size, there will be comfort issues. I need to use the bike frequently since my car is usually at the workshop and isn't reliable at all, and gives an average of about 4 km/l.
    @SaadBukhari. Thanks a lot man, but Multan is not feasible for me.

Agreed, CBR 150 R is overpriced. However, Inazuma price is very good considering it's a new bike. I personally would avoid getting the GS500 or Bandit 400, simply for the reason that in this range you will only get trashed bikes in Pakistan. No one will sell a good bike in this range.

Secondly, GS500 or Bandit 400 will be difficult to use as a daily ride. If you are moving up from CG125, you will have to spend a lot more on monthly fuel cost if you want to use it as a daily runner.

On the other hand, a new Inazuma will do 40 km/l, which is about the same as the mileage a CG125 will do +- 5 km/l. And Inzauma will be extremely comfortable to use as a daily runner.

Check OLX, as some people are selling their Inazumas for well under 6 lacs with barely 200 kms on the dial. If you can strike a deal with one of them for about 525,000 - 550,000 Rs. I think, you would be happy and have a trouble free ride for at least 5 years if you maintain it properly.

Rest is up to you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would also recommend you Suzuki inazuma over GS500 as inazuma is a new bike and GS500 is an old bike and spare parts would be hard to find.
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@k-four-nine. That's some significant weight loss! What's your secret? I just can't get myself around to use the gym hahaha. Are you talking about the Deluxe? Well when I'm alone I sit a bit towards the rear thus my legs fit fine. But when there's another person then It's a big problem. I look huge on a CG and a CD70 haha. That's why I'm looking into the GS 150 too, my legs fit perfectly on that, and it's a decent bike, or so Ive heard. The only problem is the lack of thrill. I love power, sometimes up to insane amounts. I'll be visiting lahore next week in sha Allah, I'll have a look then.
    @Shafin619 Yeah I pretty much had my mind set on getting a GS 500, but I have been looking for a month now but I can't find a good bike.
    @Libertine Fuel cost is not much of an issue, as long as it does something around 20 km/l. My car gives me around 4 km/l and in perspective to that, 20 km/l is great. I have not gotten a bandit solely because of the lack of spare parts. I have searched online forums and found out this bike can turn out to be a big pain sometimes. I'm inclined towards the inazuma to a decent extent, the only thing of concern is power and acceleration. In comparative terms, would it beat a Honda Civic (the model known as 'Reborn') if it were to drag race? If it could, I guess that is fairly good acceleration

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vettelover View Post
    @k-four-nine. That's some significant weight loss! What's your secret? I just can't get myself around to use the gym hahaha. Are you talking about the Deluxe? Well when I'm alone I sit a bit towards the rear thus my legs fit fine. But when there's another person then It's a big problem. I look huge on a CG and a CD70 haha. That's why I'm looking into the GS 150 too, my legs fit perfectly on that, and it's a decent bike, or so Ive heard. The only problem is the lack of thrill. I love power, sometimes up to insane amounts. I'll be visiting lahore next week in sha Allah, I'll have a look then.
    @Shafin619 Yeah I pretty much had my mind set on getting a GS 500, but I have been looking for a month now but I can't find a good bike.
    @Libertine Fuel cost is not much of an issue, as long as it does something around 20 km/l. My car gives me around 4 km/l and in perspective to that, 20 km/l is great. I have not gotten a bandit solely because of the lack of spare parts. I have searched online forums and found out this bike can turn out to be a big pain sometimes. I'm inclined towards the inazuma to a decent extent, the only thing of concern is power and acceleration. In comparative terms, would it beat a Honda Civic (the model known as 'Reborn') if it were to drag race? If it could, I guess that is fairly good acceleration
    I don't know about its drag race performance. But don't waste your money on old junk bikes such GS500 or the ancient CBRs and R6s. You will only get 10-12 plus years old model in beaten up condition in your budget. And trust me you will be a laughing stock in front of that Reborn driver when your old bike will simply stall at the signal, and he will disappear in no time while you will be trying to start your 12 year old R6, CBR or GS500 again. In that instance, no amount of acceleration will help you.

If it was my money, I would have gone for a brand new or slightly used unregistered Inazuma. Hands down the best bet in this range.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Haha, I see. Well thanks a LOT for your advice man. I really appreciate it, it helped a lot. It confirmed my reasons to stay away from old bikes. I'll be looking into new ones.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suzuki bandit a good bike.
    Pakistan.. Toyota hilux..golf mk2 gtd..rolla 2.0d..nissian sunny.. Yamaha pw 50.. Coventry uk....audi v8 d11..golf mk2 rallye..honda crx..evo 8..golf mk2 gtd..Vauxhall insignia..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

inazuma indeed because it is a naked bike and suitable for daily routine commuting

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List