0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Point system rectifier CD-200

Hey, I've been trying to restore a CD200 from quite a long time, still has a bit of issues because of my no knowledge and no time because of studies, any ways, the problem I'm facing right now is the rectifier known as charger mostly, my bike is on point system, those dumb mechanics just check the spark of the rectifier and claim its working, the problem is my batter gets drained after two three day use, one mechanic says my bike should remain start if i remove the positive terminal once started but in reality the engine goes off if i do that, this mechanic says to change the rectifier, the other one who installed it says it will get switched off once the positive terminal is disconnected and claims my wiring needs to be changed, i have three rectifiers till now, wasted around 4k till now on all this, no results. Please tell me how the thing really works so i just get rid of it for once, thank you in advance, other things i use a maintenance free 12v 7.5 AH battery, purchased this January.

Similar Threads:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliatif777 View Post
    Hey, I've been trying to restore a CD200 from quite a long time, still has a bit of issues because of my no knowledge and no time because of studies, any ways, the problem I'm facing right now is the rectifier known as charger mostly, my bike is on point system, those dumb mechanics just check the spark of the rectifier and claim its working, the problem is my batter gets drained after two three day use, one mechanic says my bike should remain start if i remove the positive terminal once started but in reality the engine goes off if i do that, this mechanic says to change the rectifier, the other one who installed it says it will get switched off once the positive terminal is disconnected and claims my wiring needs to be changed, i have three rectifiers till now, wasted around 4k till now on all this, no results. Please tell me how the thing really works so i just get rid of it for once, thank you in advance, other things i use a maintenance free 12v 7.5 AH battery, purchased this January.
    all u need is a good electrician for cd200, normal electrician can and will mess up 200 wiring badly.
    what yr location in karachi so that u can be directed towards required electrician.
    u did good with battery so no worries.
    Help others so that u can be Helped

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    all u need is a good electrician for cd200, normal electrician can and will mess up 200 wiring badly.
    what yr location in karachi so that u can be directed towards required electrician.
    u did good with battery so no worries.
    Well yes they do mess it up, so i don't really let them get into it, i'm in DHA phase 8. What would be the reasonable amount to pay for the wiring and can you please tell me if i disconnect the positive terminal, the bike should remain start or not? its a 12 volt point system setup

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliatif777 View Post
    Well yes they do mess it up, so i don't really let them get into it, i'm in DHA phase 8. What would be the reasonable amount to pay for the wiring and can you please tell me if i disconnect the positive terminal, the bike should remain start or not? its a 12 volt point system setup
    normally if wiring is in good shape they charge 500 to 700 rupees most, that's for putting it in sequence.
    otherwise customize wiring cost 1.5k most with 1k installation charges.u can bargain with them too.
    go to murtaza electrician at bohra pir near aurangzaib market he will fix all related problem with electric in yr bike.
    engine will not work without battery.
    Help others so that u can be Helped

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    normally if wiring is in good shape they charge 500 to 700 rupees most, that's for putting it in sequence.
    otherwise customize wiring cost 1.5k most with 1k installation charges.u can bargain with them too.
    go to murtaza electrician at bohra pir near aurangzaib market he will fix all related problem with electric in yr bike.
    engine will not work without battery.
    Thank you very much, the guy here quoted me 4k. I'll pay a visit to him. thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List