Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Why does the mileage of bike is less than a car?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    signode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Why does the mileage of bike is less than a car?

    Dear Friends;

    I have a bit of confusion and need help to make it clear.
    One of my colleague stated that the mileage of his 1300CC car is around 14km/l as he drives at 60km/h. I am astonished that the mileage of an 110cc bike is around 50km/l. The difference of both vehicles is as 1300/110 = 11.8. So car is almost 12times more powerful than bike. If mileage of an 110cc bike is 50km/l than the mileage of a 1300cc car should be 50/11.8 = 4.2km/l but result is not the same. Can anyone make me clear for this point?

    Sorry if this is a stupid question.


  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    Than why cd 70 is going strongly in pK it weighs ovver 88-90 kg and if a person weighs 70-100 kg if 2 person sit on it which means 80 plus 80 plus 90 = 250 how can a 78 cc bike takes 250 wight

    Sent from my SHV-E160S using PW Forums mobile app
    Their engines don't last that long as well. Neither does other parts aka suspension etc.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    jagsten30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro 4 wheel vehicle normally gives 8 to 10 km per ltr (1300)
    Hum woh NAHI jo DURR jain HALAT kai KHOONI manzar sai!
    Us DAURR mai JEENA lazim hai jis DAURR mai JEENA mushqil hoo!

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Their engines don't last that long as well. Neither does other parts aka suspension etc.
    Bro my father sold 1995 or 96 model cd 70 last year with no faults

    Sent from my SHV-E160S using PW Forums mobile app
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    Bro my father sold 1995 or 96 model cd 70 last year with no faults

    Sent from my SHV-E160S using PW Forums mobile app
    And my friends CG-125 Euro II with only 9000km on odo, the clutch plates need changing. We can keep on going for days.
    Lemme call my uncles and ask them what went wrong with their mode of transports, will let you know. I might as well write a book as well.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aximaxim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    sach sach batana axi
    tum teacher to nahi ho ?
    LOL. Naaaaaaaah!
    Far from it........ Trained in Business Administration Im an Entrepreneur.
    The question was kind of academic and you really need a structured academic answer to help the fellow.
    I was just trying to help
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aximaxim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k-four-nine View Post
    I must say that none of the answer has actually nailed the question. Thing is, Fuel economy mostly depends on engine's state of tune...

    EXAMPLE:
    How many horses a CG churns out??? Around 12BHP at the crank.
    How much horses a 1.3L car churns out??? A 1.3L KIA Classic returns an impressive 16-18km/l and is rated at 60BHP...
    See? CC for CC car engine is actually "WEAKER" then the CG!!! Now we're getting somewhere to the conclusion, aren't we? Read on...
    If 1.3L engine was as powerful as the CG's engine, then it would be making close to 125BHP. Keep in mind that I've overlooked the fact that CG is a single cylinder and KIA is a 4 cylinder just to keep things simple for those EINSTEINS who are calling you STUPID...
    Simple thing is, MORE BHP = MORE FUEL CONSUMPTION.
    Second thing goes to rpms... KIA churns out all its horsepower at roughly 4,500rpm whereas on a CG you've to rev up to 9,000rpms to squeeze out all those 12 horses.
    MORE RPMS = MORE BHP = MORE FUEL CONSUMPTION.
    Sure, CG makes roughly twice more BHP when it comes to BHP per CC's but its also works twice as hard to squeeze all the juice (BHP)...
    Hope you understand... Really Interesting question BTW. Feel free to ask any question here... The ones who are calling you stupid doesn't know the answer themselves...
    One thing I liked about signode is that he compared two vehicles a 1300cc car and 110cc bike and both of which are are neither fanatic about fuel efficiency nor are focused completely on performance. Both have similar focus. FYI Corolla dishes out 84BHP whereas sprinter dishes out maybe 8 or 9 bhp...... cant find it engine specs.

    However on the other hand you are comparing you very different vehicles k-four-nine the KIA classic which was the very beginner level 1300cc car with a very light body...therefore the engine was tuned to just 60BHP. Whereas on the other hand you talked about CG125....... a bike focused on performance....... 125cc benchmark Pakistan has and to what all bikes are gauged...... its 125cc engine dished out 11BHP (not 12 BHP).

    Your point is not incorrect but your example is a bit exaggerating. Sprinter engine requires 13.75cc to produce 1 BHP whereas Corolla requires 15.47cc to produce 1 BHP. So you are right..... bike is producing 10% more power per cc than the car.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    And my friends CG-125 Euro II with only 9000km on odo, the clutch plates need changing. We can keep on going for days.
    Lemme call my uncles and ask them what went wrong with their mode of transports, will let you know. I might as well write a book as well.
    Bro honda of 90s and honda of
    2014 has day night difference its even worst than chinese brands.and cg 125 e2 is complete failed

    Sent from my SHV-E160S using PW Forums mobile app
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    Bro honda of 90s and honda of
    2014 has day night difference its even worst than chinese brands.and cg 125 e2 is complete failed

    Sent from my SHV-E160S using PW Forums mobile app
    And we are discussing 2010+ stuff here
    Read the opening post in Bold again.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    And we are discussing 2010+ stuff here
    Read the opening post in Bold again.
    I just ansred your ques.125 e2 has issues

    Sent from my SHV-E160S using PW Forums mobile app
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    k-four-nine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    One thing I liked about signode is that he compared two vehicles a 1300cc car and 110cc bike and both of which are are neither fanatic about fuel efficiency nor are focused completely on performance. Both have similar focus. FYI Corolla dishes out 84BHP whereas sprinter dishes out maybe 8 or 9 bhp...... cant find it engine specs.

    However on the other hand you are comparing you very different vehicles k-four-nine the KIA classic which was the very beginner level 1300cc car with a very light body...therefore the engine was tuned to just 60BHP. Whereas on the other hand you talked about CG125....... a bike focused on performance....... 125cc benchmark Pakistan has and to what all bikes are gauged...... its 125cc engine dished out 11BHP (not 12 BHP).

    Your point is not incorrect but your example is a bit exaggerating. Sprinter engine requires 13.75cc to produce 1 BHP whereas Corolla requires 15.47cc to produce 1 BHP. So you are right..... bike is producing 10% more power per cc than the car.
    CG125 a performance oriented motorcycle??? You're kidding, right?
    It was designed to be an economical and reliable commuter bike, period.
    Secondly, about your claim that a bike produce just 10% more power per cc then a car. Show me some solid facts like I provided...
    Peace.

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aximaxim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k-four-nine View Post
    CG125 a performance oriented motorcycle??? You're kidding, right?
    It was designed to be an economical and reliable commuter bike, period.
    Secondly, about your claim that a bike produce just 10% more power per cc then a car. Show me some solid facts like I provided...
    Peace.
    Kindly check Atlas honda website...... CG125 is being advertised as "POWER MACHINE..... Maximum Power .......Maximum Performance"...... checkout this atlas honda link yourself: CG125 Brochure
    Nobody buys cg125 for economy......... its selling proposition is its acceleration.......... PERIOD

    Secondly About the per cc power statstistic are not my claim....... these are facts extracted out from the manufacturers website.
    Goto indus motors website ........ its stated there that corolla 1300cc produces 84 BHP and for Sprinter I made a calculated guess about its power as nothing is stated on the website.....which I have already mentioned in the post.

    After that all you have to do is divide the engine displacement with BHP is produces...... do the math..... it will come out exactly as I have mentioned. Then find the incremental percentage. Plain and pure maths....... These are facts dude.

    Secondly I never stood against our post infact I proved it with factual data that a bike engine is producing more power per cc than a car engine. You just said it............ I proved it.... so chill dude....
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Shafin619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,699
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yes people buy cg for 'shashkay' not for economy. People here don't even consider cg as a economical bike they say 'Yay gari petrol buhat peeti hai' Lol
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aximaxim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shafin619 View Post
    Yes people buy cg for 'shashkay' not for economy. People here don't even consider cg as a economical bike they say 'Yay gari petrol buhat peeti hai' Lol
    I've kept a CG for quite sometime before I bought a Chonda 78cc. I never measured the CG's fuel consumption but after I bought the Chonda I realized how much of a gas guzzler my CG was.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

  15. #34
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My CG Euro II gave me 28KM/l, it was 2000KM driven. Liqui Moly engine oil used. Speed was 70-80km/h and I used to accelerate quickly.
    Now, my Swift gives me approx 16km/l with AC at that speed. I change gears at 2500 Rpm usually.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aximaxim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    My CG Euro II gave me 28KM/l, it was 2000KM driven. Liqui Moly engine oil used. Speed was 70-80km/h and I used to accelerate quickly.
    Now, my Swift gives me approx 16km/l with AC at that speed. I change gears at 2500 Rpm usually.
    Riding style makes a lot of difference. Almost all CG owners go hard on their bikes..... and an interesting consumer behavior I have noticed in CG owners....is that they hardly ever complain about its poor fuel consumption......most of them never bother to measure its km per litre. CG was my first bike....... never measured the average..... as soon as I bought a Chonda...first thing I did after the breaking in period was over was to measure its mileage.

    Im a madman on my chonda....manages 40kmpl...... and I drive my civic 5th gen at moderate speeds....... 9kmpl on petrol and 120km on full tank of CNG.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

  17. #36
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Shafin619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,699
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    Riding style makes a lot of difference. Almost all CG owners go hard on their bikes..... and an interesting consumer behavior I have noticed in CG owners....is that they hardly ever complain about its poor fuel consumption......most of them never bother to measure its km per litre. CG was my first bike....... never measured the average..... as soon as I bought a Chonda...first thing I did after the breaking in period was over was to measure its mileage.

    Im a madman on my chonda....manages 40kmpl...... and I drive my civic 5th gen at moderate speeds....... 9kmpl on petrol and 120km on full tank of CNG.
    Thats the point nobody buys a bigger bike for fuel economy they only buy it because of its power.
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SyedMoazzam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    2,271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shafin619 View Post
    Yes people buy cg for 'shashkay' not for economy. People here don't even consider cg as a economical bike they say 'Yay gari petrol buhat peeti hai' Lol
    Don't know if people are stupid or what when they refer to a bike as gari......lol

  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Shafin619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,699
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    Don't know if people are stupid or what when they refer to a bike as gari......lol
    Lol yeah i hate it when people refer bike as gari i mean seriously
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •