2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Culprit for Pakistan's bikes?

Asalamualikum Dear Pakwheel brothers, I have been through many forums of PW, especially bikes...I know the major bikes in Pak are CG 125, CD70 , GS150, SPRINTER,GD110 , PRIDOR, RAIDER, MANY MORE, the question which arises is that the world has moved on to another level of biking , Even India is creating amazing and i mean amazing bikes , whereas we Pakistani's are far far behind ...
    We buy brand new 125 or Gs 150 and become happy?
    Why is this guys these bikes are of 1980's designs they have got old features none have disc brakes , fuelgauge , modern shapes...
    SUZUKI GD110 WAS LAUNCHED BUT WHICH FEAUTURES DOES IT EVEN HAS?NO MODERN TECH....

Why is our economy declining?

Why is India succeeding??

Why is this happening to us????

Who is to be blamed??? Is IT Because of us ???
    Do we deserve it or not ??
    First I'll see the responses and then i'll share my view....
    I'll be awaiting for a good and educated response from fellow brothers,
    Thanks Regards.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    The notion of necessity is mother of inventions does not work in your example, EFI and such came to existance in the 1990s and there were people around in Karachi who actually were trained to resolve such problems - the wall here was the stupid owners of the vehicles who want everything for free. For them their car should be repairable under Rs 100/- for all issues.

these so called "lektrishanns" are doing nothing much that sticking a scan tool, reading the code and then googling the solution. It takes more than that.

e.g. when a toyota burps out a code for "fuel pump circuit malfunction" I used to get a lot of cars whose fuel tanks were removed and the "lektrishann" would try to test the wiring and pump pressure with their fingers like they are watering their garden. The actual fault happens in the MAF sensor - where the fuel pump control circuit is. I paid money to get such information - car owners in Pakistan did not want to pay for my service because they thought my charges were unrealistic.

The reason the mini pajero is not waiting for such a long repair time is because the mechanics are simply swapping any and everything from the junkyard to make it roll on its wheels - who cares about correct results as long as it runs on CNG.

There was a school in Karachi teaching EFI repairs but it was a generic overview of very basic analog linear sensors - that is about as useful as windows XP today.
    Electronics is the Achilles heel for the Pakistani mechanics. You are right, most of the mechanics simply swap the faulty parts here. I think you are in far better position to shed some light on it.......if a sensor goes faulty aboard...... what do mechanics do over there.... do they simply swap the part or do they repair it..... I always had an impression that mechanics aboard usually swap the parts and dont bother refurbishing it. As mechanics here are usually asked to work on a budget they try to revamp the faulty part or even bypass the system to make the car roll back on it wheels again.

I still remember my brother imported some industrial electronic parts from Europe for his company. When the package arrived it had an automotive scan tool which he didnt ordered. The seller was not willing for a return. Funny thing was no one had any idea what this goofy looking device was (looked like multi-meter but had a funny port)..... an these were ivy league electronic engineers im talking about.

It took them a week or so to understand what it was......sold it for 30k to a workshop
    Pakistani engineers ka yeh haal hai....... mechanics se kya expect keray hum.... woh gari bana dete hain yehi buhat hai

In their defence it happened 10 years ago and the scan tool didnt come with a box or manual or anything.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

proper trained mechanics outside of Pakistan do not do component level repair on parts like sensors but they get trained and tested to "identify the actual problem"

e.g.

I had a person contact me through PW to help on his mercedes benz gearbox, his complain was that it was stuck in 2nd gear, The mechanics had failed to pinpoint the problem and were suggesting to replace the gearbox control unit, the gearbox itself, the wiring to it and the shifter.

Its a pretty tall order - the gearbox alone costs about Rs 200,000/- in junk. The control unit is about Rs 100,000/- for it

I wrote a systematic approach and asked him to get his mechanic to test it, it was also inspected via his skype phone, The problem was the shifter was bad, how did we see that? We tested the CAN BUS signal to the shifter, the gearbox controller was transmitting a request for position but the shifter was silent - nothing coming back, Replacement shifter resolved the problem, Total cost for shifter was less than Rs 40,000/- in used part, he sent me over USD 200/- as a gift without me asking for it. Car was back on road. The sad part was that his mechanic had the correct scan tool but could not understand what it was showing. Its menus were a little strange compared to generic ones.

Best part was that the job was over in 1 hour testing, shifter replacement takes about 1 hour. The culprit was a nice cup of tea emptied in the shifter.

I wish that other car owners follow such practice and not believe in the "bypass - jugaar - chaaloo kaam" procedure, I take pride in what I do - this is a hobby of mine - but even in professional career my work always has standard to it.

Not trying to toot my own horn but just giving you an example.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    proper trained mechanics outside of Pakistan do not do component level repair on parts like sensors but they get trained and tested to "identify the actual problem"

e.g.

I had a person contact me through PW to help on his mercedes benz gearbox, his complain was that it was stuck in 2nd gear, The mechanics had failed to pinpoint the problem and were suggesting to replace the gearbox control unit, the gearbox itself, the wiring to it and the shifter.

Its a pretty tall order - the gearbox alone costs about Rs 200,000/- in junk. The control unit is about Rs 100,000/- for it

I wrote a systematic approach and asked him to get his mechanic to test it, it was also inspected via his skype phone, The problem was the shifter was bad, how did we see that? We tested the CAN BUS signal to the shifter, the gearbox controller was transmitting a request for position but the shifter was silent - nothing coming back, Replacement shifter resolved the problem, Total cost for shifter was less than Rs 40,000/- in used part, he sent me over USD 200/- as a gift without me asking for it. Car was back on road. The sad part was that his mechanic had the correct scan tool but could not understand what it was showing. Its menus were a little strange compared to generic ones.

Best part was that the job was over in 1 hour testing, shifter replacement takes about 1 hour. The culprit was a nice cup of tea emptied in the shifter.

I wish that other car owners follow such practice and not believe in the "bypass - jugaar - chaaloo kaam" procedure, I take pride in what I do - this is a hobby of mine - but even in professional career my work always has standard to it.

Not trying to toot my own horn but just giving you an example.
    The extent to which the automotive industry is relying on electronics these day.....we are on mercy of our Lord Almighty.

I was watching an episode of Wheeler Dealers in which they were repairing a Maserati 3200GT.
    It has a drive by wire throttle and in that particular car, it was faulty and the previous mechanic kind of bypassed the system and made the throttle pedal like an ON/OFF switch. I entangled my stomach laughing....... the car was either on full throttle or no throttle at all.....just like an ON/OFF switch to your ceiling fan.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    The extent to which the automotive industry is relying on electronics these day.....we are on mercy of our Lord Almighty.

I was watching an episode of Wheeler Dealers in which they were repairing a Maserati 3200GT.
    It has a drive by wire throttle and in that particular car, it was faulty and the previous mechanic kind of bypassed the system and made the throttle pedal like an ON/OFF switch. I entangled my stomach laughing....... the car was either on full throttle or no throttle at all.....just like an ON/OFF switch to your ceiling fan.
    Hahahahhahahha..
    I want to try that

Sent from my A5Classic using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I totally agree. the bikes we are using are of 1980, thy should be upgraded / modernize. even we don't have options to buy bikes in pakistan (zero meter) as they are all the same as they were. even if we import some so the duty is 300%, the govt. policies sucks and we have to face so many difficulties in importing. there is no way you can import the bike without giving any bribe to importers and agents (govt) then far the registration process is damn slow. India is making amazing bikes and cars too. no doubt their economy is far good then Pakistan but their import duty is too low then ours. Its all the game of money in Pakistan. we only dream of good bikes in an economical way due to money eater lobby here.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

let just say these lovely bikes cost in india INR 75000 to 85k max 90k and indian rupe is 1.6 then it will be 120k to 150k Max PKR... i mean if these bikes are here in this price no one not a single person buy CG125... hope one day these beauties here in Pakistan
    yamaha MT 125
    Suzuki gixxer
    yamaha MT 07
    Honda CBR

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now our Bikes Industry has started to grow up. Inshallah in near future we will see more brand with competitive prices rather than Honda, Suzuki. Yamaha has already launched YBR. Before that we experienced with Ravi Piaggio. And now Road prince has launched its two model 125 and 150cc as well. Its the beginning..!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A few reasons why the Motorcycle Market is booming:

1. Huge Middle Class with disposable income: The Economic boom in India post since the 1990's has created a huge middle class with good disposable income.

Have money, Will Spend

2. Good Domestic Manufacturers: The Domestic brands (Hero, Bajaj, TVS, Mahindra) have ensured that the Japanese (Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki) are on their toes and get in India the best possible offerings

Competition is a Good Thing

3. Presence of Big Brands

In 2015, 0-300 cc motorcycles have no become mass products/commodities in India. There is now a booming Big Bike Market which is keeping the Passion alive

Exotic Brands (apart from the Japanese 4) Available in India

Harley Davidson
    Triumph Motorcycles
    MV Augusta
    Moto Guzzi
    Aprilia
    BMW
    Benelli
    Hyosung
    Ducati
    KTM

4. Make in India Push from the Govt.

Bajaj Manufacture the KTM (125/200/250/390 Duke and RC series) models in India
    BMW will start manufacturing its less than 500 cc models with TVS Motors
    Harley Manufacture the Street 500/750 models in India
    Triumph, Kawasaki, Hyosung & Benelli assemble its bikes in India
    -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List