22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2014 Ducati 1199 Superleggera - Most Expensive Production Bike

THE new Ducati 1199 Superleggera (don?t call it a Panigale?) nearly missed out on this list; only 500 are being made and they?re being offered to existing owners of Desmosedici RRs and earlier R model Ducati superbikes. But since most people who are likely to be interested in such a machine probably meet those criteria, and any unsold Superleggeras will be offered on general sale, it just squeezes in as a bike that ?anyone? could buy. Of course, that ?anyone? needs access to ?54k, or the equivalent of two-and-a-bit Panigale Rs. Yes, the Superleggera is sure to be awesome, but over here the general consensus is that our imaginary money would be more likely to go in the direction of a lightly used Desmosedici RR. Who cares if it?s slower, that MotoGP-derived styling and V4 engine wins us over. For real buyers, though, that?s unlikely to be an issue. They?ll have both.

Retail Price -
    GBP54,000/$ 91,000/PKR 90 lacs

2014 Ducati 1199 Superleggera  Most Expensive Production Bike -1407193

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    yep,

you dont bring a busa to a track, just like you dont bring a daytona 675 to a drag. The hayabusa pulls like a train. BUT for sheer torque you should see a Triumph Rocket III

it makes about 158 lb/ft at about 2000 rpm.
    Also I think busa has a longer wheel base which helps to keep its nose down at launch.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by k-four-nine View Post
    Sure, a Panigale or even a Triumph Daytona 675 could easily beat the Hayabusa at the race track...
    But at a Drag Strip??? NEVER!
    Panigale torque peaks at 85ft-lbs @ 9,000rpms while The MIGHTY Hayabusa makes that much at just 3,000rpm and peaks at 109ft-lbs at around 7,500rpm...
    In a drag race, my money would be on the Hayabusa cause it pulls like a tractor!!!
    Checkout dyno charts (if you know how to read them) at Motorcycle-USA to know what I mean...
    A stock Ducati 1199 Panigale R will beat STOCK Hayabusa on a drag strip too. The only way Hayabusa can out run a Panigale on a drag strip is if it's bored out to 1520cc or higher. Not with a stock Hayabusa though. On track, you have already accepted that a Panigale would out lap a Hayabusa with much ease.

And the Hayabusa is worth anything ONLY if you build yourself a straight road of a few hundred kilometres like an arrow. Throw it in a corner, and you will be crying for mercy. Panigale, however, would outdo both tasks without a care in the world. Besides that gone are those days when 1000cc bikes were not as advanced. As things stand, there are quite a few 1000cc bikes that can out run Busa on drag strip that you keep pointing towards. On track, Hayabusa stands no chance as you have accepted earlier.

Hayabusa just has a higher top end speed, which is neither required on track nor on the drag strips as they are run quarter mile distances. Hayabusa was built solely for the purpose of breaking the top speed record, and that's what it was capable of doing at the time. That's where it all ends for this Sports Touring bike, that is the Hayabusa.

Here is a small teaser for you. Use some proxy to watch the video below.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU3VKblni0o‎

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    Nice bike..Costlier than MV Agusta?

You have a point there. Not sure to be honest with you. I will check, and get back to you on this. Or you could just consult Google. This info was posted on Forbes, so they probably won't be dumb to report if it wasn't the most expensive production bike right now. MV would be really close though, or even priced higher but probably not included in the list because that particular model of the MV Augusta is no longer in production.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    Also I think busa has a longer wheel base which helps to keep its nose down at launch.
    that is dealt with the clutch not being fully applied and the ECU cutting down power upto 100 km/h - after that you can feel the motorcycle gain a lot of strength.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    A stock Ducati 1199 Panigale R will beat STOCK Hayabusa on a drag strip too. The only way Hayabusa can out run a Panigale on a drag strip is if it's bored out to 1520cc or higher. Not with a stock Hayabusa though. On track, you have already accepted that a Panigale would out lap a Hayabusa with much ease.

And the Hayabusa is worth anything ONLY if you build yourself a straight road of a few hundred kilometres like an arrow. Throw it in a corner, and you will be crying for mercy. Panigale, however, would outdo both tasks without a care in the world. Besides that gone are those days when 1000cc bikes were not as advanced. As things stand, there are quite a few 1000cc bikes that can out run Busa on drag strip that you keep pointing towards. On track, Hayabusa stands no chance as you have accepted earlier.

Hayabusa just has a higher top end speed, which is neither required on track nor on the drag strips as they are run quarter mile distances. Hayabusa was built solely for the purpose of breaking the top speed record, and that's what it was capable of doing at the time. That's where it all ends for this Sports Touring bike, that is the Hayabusa.

Here is a small teaser for you. Use some proxy to watch the video below.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU3VKblni0o‎

true - a hayabusa on the track is like you are trying to do ice figure skating with "anjuman" or "musarrat shaheen" - Prepare to DIE.. The busa is a real heavy machine and is not actually a sports bike, its more of a tourer but with some added "peppers" to make it have the "flying falcon" name.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

true - a hayabusa on the track is like you are trying to do ice figure skating with "anjuman" or "musarrat shaheen" - Prepare to DIE.. The busa is a real heavy machine and is not actually a sports bike, its more of a tourer but with some added "peppers" to make it have the "flying falcon" name.
    "Hayabusa Not Actually A Sports Bike"......I mean why don't you commit suicide?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Kindly start talking on facts and figure.....

2014 Ducati 1199 Superleggera  Most Expensive Production Bike -1411739

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by apm292 View Post
    "Hayabusa Not Actually A Sports Bike"......I mean why don't you commit suicide?
    no fun in that. next youll tell me the old blackbird and the viffer were sports bikes too.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Jis Ko Deykho Fatway Lagata Rehta Hai !!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no fun in that. next youll tell me the old blackbird and the viffer were sports bikes too.
    sir with due respect they all are categorised as sport bikes but with the sole purpose of making top speed and world's fastest production motorbikes records.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by apm292 View Post
    Jis Ko Deykho Fatway Lagata Rehta Hai !!!!
    Itna ghussa kis cheez ka hai bhai
    Busa and panigale both are though categorized as sports bikes however they can be no different than each other.
    When someone said Busa is more like a tourer..... he just meant busa is made for straight line speed....it cant take a corner well.

Most of these motorcycle manufacturers signed a gentlemen's agreement to limit top speed to 300km/hr...... therefore most of these hyper bikes hit a speed limiter at 300km/hr. I think it only Agusta which isnt complying to the agreement therefore is now crowned as the fastest production bike.

Realistically speaking..... the astronomical performance figures of these bikes are way to much for an average Joe to actually even come near the limits of these machines. Top speed is more of a marketing tool, very few owners ever experience the speed limiter engaging.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I engage the alleged speed limiter every day on my cd70 when it hits the speed of 65kmh and the fuel cork gets air locked then I spend few minutes kicking it to fire up the engine again ... lol ...

joking apart .... I heard (saw a video infact) in which kawasaki zx14 was crowned as the next speed king of straight line race. now u guys are saying that even a small 675daytona can take on a bausa? I mean on track may be like @Xulfiqar said it would be hard to maneuver it but on straight line I am bit confused about it.. specially about those machines who have less torque and less HP ....

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    very few owners ever experience the speed limiter engaging.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    I engage the alleged speed limiter every day on my cd70 when it hits the speed of 65kmh and the fuel cork gets air locked then I spend few minutes kicking it to fire up the engine again ... lol ...

joking apart .... I heard (saw a video infact) in which kawasaki zx14 was crowned as the next speed king of straight line race. now u guys are saying that even a small 675daytona can take on a bausa? I mean on track may be like @Xulfiqar said it would be hard to maneuver it but on straight line I am bit confused about it.. specially about those machines who have less torque and less HP ....
    In a quarter mile drag...... the Panigale just might have an edge on the Suzuki..... Infact I saw quite a lot of video in which few of these europeans bikes thrashed the busa in a quarter mile drag.... specially the BMW. But then again.... there are several videos in which busa won against all its major competitors. Then you will find several videos in which zx14 dominated its japanese rivals. Its all quite confusing.

Therefore I personally think it all comes down to the conditions and more importantly the rider. Any drag race is made or break at the launch.... you mess it up and you've got no chance...... busa bcoz of its longer wheel base has an edge at launch.

What I have heard....busa is a difficult bike to do wheelies on. Its this tendency of busa ..... that it nose sticks to the ground is what makes it easier to drag.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The hayabusa cannot be thrown into bends and corners, its like trying to manuever a very heavy horse, Once it is in a bend you can leave the seat and dance on the ferrings and it wont budge, the only way you will ever lay it in a bend or pick it back up is with some countersteer and some old fashioned Jahangir Khan grunt. bikes like the old duke 996 are very easy to throw about, it is controlled by your arms and lower body too, its V twin mill picks up from really low rpm also, but you cannot line it up against a hayabusa on a rolling straight as it doesnt have enough juice.

The other reason the hayabusa does not like to wheelie is not just the wheelbase but the factory engine control system, If you get on a busa and have the oppurtunity to open it up on a road you will notice its a bit weak at low speed This was done to prevent the old problem of overpowering the rear wheel and the big 1.3 engine will do that without asking. (anyone remember the old super blackbird for this)

v8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice share,

wondering why most guys are big fan of Busa here, or if it is launched in PK
    all next gen liter bikes are capable to outrun busa.. it's big fat bike, good for show-off, who takes it to track

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think busa s are superb bike. I rode mine from the uk to morocco and bck. Big heavy bike strong power top end cross winds don't really bother u . Well corners not so great but not to bad. U need to be a bit brave and strong to push it hard in bends. Ducati owners are fit below 35 are very serious about there bikes never ride in the rain never track them. I use to ride with lots of different guys .. It's not the bike it's all about the rider.

P.s I used to ride with a guy that rode an r6 no one could catch him on the twisty stuff.
    Pakistan.. Toyota hilux..golf mk2 gtd..rolla 2.0d..nissian sunny.. Yamaha pw 50.. Coventry uk....audi v8 d11..golf mk2 rallye..honda crx..evo 8..golf mk2 gtd..Vauxhall insignia..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know and thats what I said that it would be hard to maneuver ... and yes on straight line... bausa would butcher it...

but you cannot line it up against a hayabusa on a rolling straight as it doesnt have enough juice.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bausa is an aging hero, it marked its presence and now phasing out... facing the new rivals ....reminds me of Rocky Balboa ... but i think its soon gona be a collectors item as soon as its production is going to stop...

Atleast I would happily have one if I can afford to have some nice tours.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know and thats what I said that it would be hard to maneuver ... and yes on straight line... bausa would butcher it...
    the Suzuki Hayabusa will become the Toyota Supra of motorcycles..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bausa is an aging hero, it marked its presence and now phasing out... facing the new rivals ....reminds me of Rocky Balboa ... but i think its soon gona be a collectors item as soon as its production is going to stop...

Atleast I would happily have one if I can afford to have some nice tours.
    @vickytulla i want to ask some questions regarding GS500:
    -How much cost for an excellent piece
    -Maintenence; is it cheap or costly
    -Availibility of parts like air, fuel and oil filters and other body and engine parts
    -Is it an enjoyable ride

Regards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List