111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Abobobilly's CG125 Thread - Its Evolution and Stuff I Changed

1. The Complete Story of Changing Rims on my CG125 for Perfect Alignment: @ Page 5 -- https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...on#post4359405

and

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-5#post4403891

2. Engine Push Rods Changed to OLD CG125 Model, Japenese: @ Page 5 -- https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-5#post4396649

3. The Raam Kattha of Adjusting Alignment of CG125: @ Page 7 -- https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-7#post4449978

4. Locks Kit Purchased at 8th July, Now Fitted:@ Page 8, Post #159 -- https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-8#post4464533

5. Cylinder Head Seal Changed at 8th September 2014 to solve Tappet Cover Leak @ Page 8, Post#149 -- https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-8#post4521260

6. Panther Pacer Rear 3.00-17 Changed at 30th December 2014; Old Panther Power was faulty with misalignment @ Page 8, Post#156 -- https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-8#post4650399

7. Feeler Gauge & Valve Adjuster Bought from HYS, Brandreth Road; Page 9, Post#165 -- https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-9#post4666830

8. Engine Works Done @ 39920; Page 10, Post#200 -- https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...10#post4730453 w/ Pictures in Post#202 -- https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...11#post4730459 ... and Post#203 -- https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...11#post4730462

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Engine Oil Experiences

Kixx Ultra 4T (2nd Bottle) - Odo Reading 34800 to 35811: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...56#post4340438

Liqui Moly 4T (1st Bottle) - Odo Reading 35811 to 37082: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...56#post4340438
    ++ Also listed my (initial) reservations about LiquiMoly ++ : https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...63#post4507036

Liqui Moly 4T (2nd Bottle) - Odo Reading 37082 to 38322: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...76#post4640291

Back to Kixx Ultra 4T - @ Odo Reading 38322 to 39149: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...76#post4640291

Kixx Ultra 4T - @ Odo Reading 39149 to 39920 (Engine Work was coming up, so again got Kixx Ultra)

Havoline - @ Odo Reading 39920 to [ongoing] (Engine Work was coming up, so again got Kixx Ultra)

*A Test to find difference between expensive Liqui Moly vs. Cheaper Kixx Ultra*

CG125 Workshop Manual - Courtesy of our dear @r1
    Preview (Download for High Quality version): https://app.box.com/s/gl4rrv11kr3wd38xb0ph

Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ARAYA made in Japan is best rims for cg
    copy of ARAYA rims are also in the market, there would be embossed (ARAYA J) on it
    you can install 2.75 tyre on 1.40 rim,
    tube size is also same for both tyres
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i installed union (made in thailand) in cd185 twin in 2001, they proved to be worth spending money for.
    still no sign of damage or rust on them.
    i hope they can do good for cg125 too.
    Help others so that u can be Helped

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RX115 ! So you mean that the Araya rims available in market are actually Japenese? With the exception of the 'copy' you are mentioning as "Araya J" ?

Any idea about the prices?

I still can't choose between Araya and Union. Which one do you guys think will prove to be a better quality product?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@archon2001 : that was 2001 my friend, but now the Union are not of that good quality which they use to be.

at poster, will suggest you to go for Araya, chances of getting a Japanese one are very low but even if you get the chinese made Araya go for it, because it will be better then others inline.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@KamranAslam, definitely time has changed a lot.
    @op, araya will be the good choice, as its recommended by other riders.
    bol
    Help others so that u can be Helped

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    @RX115 ! So you mean that the Araya rims available in market are actually Japenese? With the exception of the 'copy' you are mentioning as "Araya J" ?

Any idea about the prices?

I still can't choose between Araya and Union. Which one do you guys think will prove to be a better quality product?
    bro araya j mean first copy of original araya
    original one would be hard to find
    if you gonna install both 18 inch rims as rear and front ( used to be stock size of cg japan) then you can also chose Takasago JAPAN RIMS, as NEW RIMS were available in bilal ganj, at malik asad shop
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abobobilly bhai ap nay apni cg to abhi tak show he nai krai

9. 04-05-2014, 10:13 AM
    r1

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all, special thanks to @RX115 for this most valuable and accurate piece of info, and all others who took the time to post suggestions.

Here is what i bought and the breakdown of the total expenses i have incurred on just the Rims.

- Araya 2.50-18 Front Rim: Rs.1320 .... It was definitely Araya "J", and "J" was mentioned alongside the dimensions of the rims i.e. 2.50-18. If anyone wants i can post pictures as well, but i don't think it needed. Plus, Rs.1320 price i got is expensive because original price is somewhere around Rs.1200 or Rs.1250 (Rs.1250 was Makhdoom Auto's rate). Some crazy people were even selling just the front rim for as high as Rs.1500. (Union's Rim on the other hand, was slightly cheaper at Rs.1250).

- Araya 3.00-17 Rear Rim: Rs.1450 ... again, definitely Araya "J". It was fairly priced. Some quoted a price of Rs.1600 or Rs.1550. Asif Autos gave it for Rs.1450.

I basically visited whole McLeod Road, but some of the shops which i do remember, are Butt Autos, Jadeed Autos (with crazy rates), Makhdoom Autos, Green Autos, Rehan Autos, Asif Autos etc. I purchased from Asif Autos because he was the only one having BOTH front & rear rims in stock ... and costed me Rs.2770 for JUST the rims.

Moving On ....

I had to get BOTH of the Tube changed, because ... well they had too many punctures and the rear one was raped to death by the rusty rim, with cuts and holes everywhere. Front Panther 2.50-18 tube Costed me Rs.270 ... and Rear Panther 3.00-17 tube costed me Rs.350.

Wheel Wires (Spokes Wires & Nuts set, or whatever you call them): Front are AHL's Geniune (Desi) ... costing Rs.260 || Rear are IHS (Wilayiti and much better in quality) at Rs.250.
    I could not find the IHS spokes for front wheel because of shorter length of wires, which is because they are made for Smaller front Drum CG125, and NOT for bigger front Drum CG125.

Wages of the guy who did the work: Rs.400

TOTAL (excluding the Rims): Rs.1270

**TOTAL (INCLUDING RIMS): Rs.4040**

If anyone needs any sort of pictures, just ask.

Thanks for all your help.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SyedMoazzam! Brother i have posted quite a few pictures over the years. Here are a few, from last year.
    Abobobilly's CG125 Thread - Its Evolution and Stuff I Changed - h4sJMb2
    Abobobilly's CG125 Thread - Its Evolution and Stuff I Changed - i1q5EV9
    Abobobilly's CG125 Thread - Its Evolution and Stuff I Changed - skoH6fB

It still looks the same, except for:
    - The renovated Seat (and the Seat Cover)
    - Rims

@r1! You and I both know that CG125 k issue KABHI khatam nahi hotay. They haunt you till you sale out your joke, or just let it go. The Rear tyre started to puncture on regular basis so had to do something about it. I keep a reasonable pressure in rear tyre (35-38psi) which sometimes damage the tube from a Rim Strike, while crossing a Bump on the Road ... resulting in a Puncture. Plus, the Rust was another contributing factor to this case.

Anyway ... I swore to myself that i am not gonna spend another penny on it. But its obvious that the bike has better means to break our will

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can apply the desi jugar, like when you buy the new tube, tell the installer to cut the old tube and insert it on the part where rim touches the tube, still, it is small protection from puncture.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    @SyedMoazzam! Brother i have posted quite a few pictures over the years. Here are a few, from last year.
    Abobobilly's CG125 Thread - Its Evolution and Stuff I Changed - h4sJMb2
    Abobobilly's CG125 Thread - Its Evolution and Stuff I Changed - i1q5EV9
    Abobobilly's CG125 Thread - Its Evolution and Stuff I Changed - skoH6fB

It still looks the same, except for:
    - The renovated Seat (and the Seat Cover)
    - Rims

@r1! You and I both know that CG125 k issue KABHI khatam nahi hotay. They haunt you till you sale out your joke, or just let it go. The Rear tyre started to puncture on regular basis so had to do something about it. I keep a reasonable pressure in rear tyre (35-38psi) which sometimes damage the tube from a Rim Strike, while crossing a Bump on the Road ... resulting in a Puncture. Plus, the Rust was another contributing factor to this case.

Anyway ... I swore to myself that i am not gonna spend another penny on it. But its obvious that the bike has better means to break our will
    It is no doubt that cg was the best bike in the 90s and in the early 2000 bu now its a piece of junk
    By the way yours is a beauty

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    You can apply the desi jugar, like when you buy the new tube, tell the installer to cut the old tube and insert it on the part where rim touches the tube, still, it is small protection from puncture.
    True. Which is why "I have". The old tube from rear tyre is placed between the tube and inside of the tyre.

The person who did all the work did it, "because its too hot these days". And that I can take it out in winter.

Personally, i have felt the difference in ride without that extra layer of rubber ... the tyre works so much better without it. BUT ... let it run as it is for now, until this hot summer goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    It is no doubt that cg was the best bike in the 90s and in the early 2000 bu now its a piece of junk
    By the way yours is a beauty
    I can't say this is the best bike in today's world ... because its not. BUT, it does the job of commuting, and yes it is reliable. Except for a few punctures, i have managed to complete ALL of my journeys without any complication whatsoever. You don't have any idea how deep water this bike has crossed. "Tank Level deep" ... and i am not kidding.

A part of me likes this bike ... but if someone asks me "Will i buy this again"? NO. Because there are better choices available in the market.

15. 07-05-2014, 10:20 AM
    r1

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by r1 View Post
    It has been so long out of bikes business...
    Was thinking to get a new bike but not in a good position at the moment
    Anyways just need little help. Want to replace the rear tyre of CG and need suggestion.
    No Servis/Panther this time, want something reliable with better grip and performance for off/on road?
    I would've guessed that seeing "no avatar" under your name :p

I have been reading a lot of reviews for tyres for CG125. I am thinking of putting slightly wider tyres like 2.75-18 at front (stock is 2.50-18) and 3.25-17 at rear (stock is 3.00-17). I just don't know if my current Rims which are of Stock Sizes will work, OR if i have to get the Rims changed as well.

Anyway ... check this: Michelin Pilot Sporty Review

It was updated in 2014, and i personally believe it'll definitely be a fantastic performer on the road. Not sure about Offroading though, because seeing the tread pattren of both "Street" and "Sporty" tyres, they don't look like they'll work for Offroad. I also don't know if they will be available in Pakistan.

Don't forget to note their wear rate, which is significantly higher than we can imagine ... thats a cost we have to pay for better Road Grip. The current Servise/Panther tyres are very good for our commuters, and may last you more than 30,000 kms with ease. But they definitely DO NOT have an outstanding Road Grip, which is the only downside. On the plus side, they are very Cheap .... so if you are on a budget, i'd say stick to Panther and Servise tyres.

I like the Diamond Tyres as well, especially the Diamond Altis' tread design. However, these tyres have better road grip than those Panther/Servise tyres ... with the wear rate significantly higher than them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Btw @r1! Speaking of problems ... i got yet another one. My clutch plates again going kaput :p Literally, after just 10k KMs. Ajeeb baqwas hay BC. Japanese clutch plates k naam pe pata nai kya kya bik raha hay idar. Banda kis pe bharosa karay <_<

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It has been so long out of bikes business...Was thinking to get a new bike but not in a good position at the moment Anyways just need little help. Want to replace the rear tyre of CG and need suggestion. No Servis/Panther this time, want something reliable with better grip and performance for off/on road?
    ghauri sports very good tyre awesome road grip. iam very satisfied with its performance

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buy the DIAMOND ALTIS. Best local tyre I've ever used.
    It has been so long out of bikes business...
    Was thinking to get a new bike but not in a good position at the moment
    Anyways just need little help. Want to replace the rear tyre of CG and need suggestion.
    No Servis/Panther this time, want something reliable with better grip and performance for off/on road?

20. 08-05-2014, 08:05 PM
    r1

Senior PakWheeler

21. 08-05-2014, 08:21 PM
    r1

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just after 10k?? I don't know whats wrong with your bike. My bike is still on stock engine and no abnormal noises or any clutch plates issue. Did they install FCC Clutch Plates in your CG?
    I am not the only one with these issues. Other users also face these kind of issues with a CG125, some more than others.

Clutch Plates problem is kinda strange (and yes they are the FCC ones, costed me like Rs850 or 900 back then). My pick in first gear is terrific. Its the latter gears which make the bike scream more with little increase in speed. Its most noticeable with pillion riding.

Today i have let several mechanics take a test ride. Eventhough they declared the ride "fine" ... but they did mention that Clutch Plates are getting weary.

I am guessing thats because of the low quality FCC plates.

I have heard Diamond is producing some low quality tyres now days. Is that true?
    It isn't any worse than the competition.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can you post some snap shots please?
    ghauri sports
    Aftermarket Rims for CG125  Araya vs Union -1412102Aftermarket Rims for CG125  Araya vs Union -1412103
    currently using in yamaha junoon 2.75x18 6ply
    used almost 12k no puncture till date
    i saw many cgs with 3.0 tyre

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some one please mention from where to purchase araya japan rims in karachi..

I dont want to visit kabar market for that..

Want to intall best rim.. I tried my level best for araya japan.

All I got is union thailan and araya j china..

some one on olx selling araya japan rim for 15k.. thats too much for the single rim man.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

User Tag List