48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help me choosing new bike

Hello.aoa guys. Help me choosing new bike.I want to upgrade my cd 70 2010 almost 7500km on odo in 3 years.I am confused between following bikes gs150, 125 deluxe or new piaggio 125.
    I want a bike with better ridding position for occasional use. In simple trouble free bike.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by k-four-nine View Post
    Its WAS NOT his personal choice, thats the point! He just read tons of biased reviews that led him to believe that ITALIAN PIAGGIO (which later turned out to be CHINESE "ZONGSHEN" PIAGGIO) is as good quality as an Atlas Honda! He initially wanted to buy a Honda CG but unfortunately he read some biased reviews and got hypnotized...
    Unfortunately, his trance didn't lasted for long. His came to his own when his bike literally started to FELL APART. And now, I just feel bad about him everytime I see him on his 1992 Honda CD70!
    Poor guy. Wanted a brand new 125cc but ended up with an early 90's 70cc bike...
    Did some one put the gun on his head to buy RP? People here can only provide feedback and suggest.

One have to make decision on his own and wisely. If a product does not meet our expectations and dreams then we can't blame others for that. I guess your friend did not researched before making the decision.

I have seen and met with many satisfied RP riders out of the these forum, Haven't seen a single person who is not satisfied with his RP.

Can you show me RP biased reviews on PW?

Sent from my Moto G
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Juste View Post
    Can you show me RP biased reviews on PW?
    RP guys didn't put a gun on his head, per se... But they did even better... They hypnotized my simple poor fellow!
    Anyhow, That's a never ending dispute, my friend... So lets chill!!!
    BTW, have you ever wondered why there are always TONS of used RP's on sale at Lahore Hotel even though you rarely see one on public roads??? That my friend is a GOLDEN QUESTION...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

RP guys didn't put a gun on his head, per se... But they did even better... They hypnotized my simple poor fellow!
    BTW, have you ever wondered why there are always TONS of used RP's on sale at Lahore Hotel even though you rarely see one on public roads??? That my friend is a GOLDEN QUESTION...!
    RP lacks in after sales service.....
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To be honest I have seen more Euro 2 CGS in market for sale then RP.

And saw many RP on roads.

Sent from my Moto G
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yar tumhey hi rp dikhi ho gi har jaga men ney to jidher bhi dekha hai cg125 ki line lagi hoti hai bikney key lye

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

he he he he seriously ? I like your brave a honest opinion about local rides becuase I do know you bash deluxe being not up to the international standards .... and in this case you are well explaining that its black magic or hypnotism which actually did the job for a CHONDA125 with an Italian technology hoax...

but IMHO... if there are really tons of them on sale then I think that means that chonda has finally got a good resale.... I would love to visit that area of Lahore Hotel which you are indicating brother can you guide ???...

because in my recent visit ... All I see is a famous cash Deposit 70 and its elder 125 brother, can you share a picture of actual Lahore hotel with TONS of those Chinese good for nothing piece of plastic please ? we would be waiting! bcoz that means it broke the resale spell as well ...

though I thought you live in UK or some thing because you are always comparing deluxe and Atlas bikes with UK and American rides didnt knew you are from lahore ..

By the way I think this thread needs your attention bcoz hypnotism has started here instead of professional discussion @fazalwahab11375.

BTW, have you ever wondered why there are always TONS of used RP's on sale at Lahore Hotel!
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

should I call it a XARAK alert lol!

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinwahhab View Post
    Yar tumhey hi rp dikhi ho gi har jaga men ney to jidher bhi dekha hai cg125 ki line lagi hoti hai bikney key lye
    Quote Originally Posted by Juste View Post
    To be honest I have seen more Euro 2 CGS in market for sale then RP.

And saw many RP on roads.

Sent from my Moto G
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

exactly that is why it is a no go option for some one like dr waqas , @MONOO dr sahab!! men kab say apki GS500 ka intizar ker rha hon so it rolls out ap aik or bike lenay lagay ho ... I would advise you to buy a GS150 (baby GS500) being a friend of 7thgear I think you are one good humble rider and I supose the GS150 wont make you uncomfortable on any level... @dr.omair and @12gauge from you own city can give you enough info related to GS150.

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    RP lacks in after sales service.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    should I call it a XARAK alert lol!
    Hahahha vicky bhai aap bikes ki market sey lai kar olx tak ko utha kar dekh lo har jaga cg125 ki line lagi hoti hai aur seller bol rha hota hai "full jeeeniaann" and "full alterrrrr" mager leney waley bht kam hotey han

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys; Any single useless posts now on will bring you a surprise. Please help the OP with his question. All OFF TOPIC chit chat will be removed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinwahhab View Post
    Hahahha vicky bhai aap bikes ki market sey lai kar olx tak ko utha kar dekh lo har jaga cg125 ki line lagi hoti hai aur seller bol rha hota hai "full jeeeniaann" and "full alterrrrr" mager leney waley bht kam hotey han
    I think its a bit unfair to compare absolute numbers. I mean CG is the market leader whether we like it not therefore they are a lot more to began with as compared to a RP125. Karachi mein RP is a rare sight...... and as little in number as they are they command a good resale value. A used RP fetches 75k easily here. Thats impressive for an under dog.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

he he he he seriously ? I like your brave a honest opinion about local rides becuase I do know you bash deluxe being not up to the international standards .... and in this case you are well explaining that its black magic or hypnotism which actually did the job for a CHONDA125 with an Italian technology hoax...

but IMHO... if there are really tons of them on sale then I think that means that chonda has finally got a good resale.... I would love to visit that area of Lahore Hotel which you are indicating brother can you guide ???...

because in my recent visit ... All I see is a famous cash Deposit 70 and its elder 125 brother, can you share a picture of actual Lahore hotel with TONS of those Chinese good for nothing piece of plastic please ? we would be waiting! bcoz that means it broke the resale spell as well ...

though I thought you live in UK or some thing because you are always comparing deluxe and Atlas bikes with UK and American rides didnt knew you are from lahore ..

By the way I think this thread needs your attention bcoz hypnotism has started here instead of professional discussion @fazalwahab11375.
    Reason so many used CG for sale? Good resale and most importantly, Honda has been building them since mid 80's whereas RP is a new player in the market! Thirdly, CG's sales figures are a lot higher then that of RP's and all Chinese 125cc bike sales figures combined! Believe it, mate!
    So here goes your theory, my fine lad...
    Lastly, Hypnosis IS NOT black magic, at all... Hypnosis is basically to persuade someone to do something he don't want to do...
    Even TV advertisements are considered a part of hypnosis in current studies...
    Savvy?
    Oh, and I'm from Lahore but I've spend enough time aboard to know a thing or two about their lifestyle and culture. And I do noting but regret when I see my people puttering along on their puny 70cc and 125cc bikes...
    Lets not go too far, in India a 150cc bike is considered as basic as a 70cc bike considered here... And guess what, 150cc is the biggest bike we have!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thats a better response brother, its not my theory though I only asked where on Lahore hotel are the TONS of RPs It was that simple bro, second we are well aware of Atlas sales figure we do know hypnosis very well too.. so do the people who come here and ask for an advice ?

we know what Indian manufacturers offer but its not india its PK so lets talk about PK, I am glad that you share you Good knowledge which you gained from abroad and give us a very good comparison with American and European rides that is very good but I did not asked you any thing about that though its PK so ..again ... , any ways the reason I asked was only about your exaggeration (say Golden question of TONS) just to make it loud what your point of view is so I asked for a confirmation please don't mind ..

GS150, Deluxe,CG, RP are all good machines and the manufacturer put an effort to bring it on road in such a crumbling economic condition we do find stupid faults in all of them but that do not mean to exaggerate a situation.

any ways I dont want to get into bahas... 2008 men bhi bohut say logo ki yehi ray thee aj bhee hai mager farak sirf itna para hai k china bike ki, Pridor ki, cd-dream ki or GS150 ki sale barhi hai or so called japani Delxe show room men apny buyer ka intzar ker k wapis chali jati hai and finally they are planning to bring a "Dream version" to the rescue ... end of story.

I see this thread going to a very wrong side, I wont be commenting here any more. @MONOO Good luck though I already proposed GS150 but do take inputs from Butt Sb @12gauge or Dr Omair @dr.omair even @BlueHorn (foad) can give you some good insights.

Reason so many used CG for sale? Good resale and most importantly, Honda has been building them since mid 80's whereas RP is a new player in the market! Thirdly, CG's sales figures are a lot higher then that of RP's and all Chinese 125cc bike sales figures combined! Believe it, mate!
    Lastly, Hypnosis IS NOT black magic, at all... Hypnosis is basically to persuade someone to do something he don't want to do...
    Savvy?
    Oh, and I'm from Lahore but I've spend enough time aboard to know a thing or two about their lifestyle and culture. And I do noting but regret when I see my people puttering along on their puny 70cc and 125cc bikes...
    Lets not go too far, in India a 150cc bike is considered as basic as a 70cc bike considered here... And guess what, 150cc is the biggest bike we have!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Savvy?
    Well for the past 20 years the most fatal HYPNOSIS which has halted this country's bike industry from grooming has been the motto " May tay Honda he Laisa"
    Well i would like to add some words in the above motto "May tay Honda he laisa chahay junk he kyu na ho, par may tay Honda he laisa"
    40,000 ki bike we are purchasing in 100k+

What idiots we are and will remain until we force these companies to start manufacturing at least 250cc and 600cc bikes in Pakistan as per International standards
    Market slowly but surely bn he jaey gi in bikes ki

If i can get a CBR250R or Inazuma for 4,00,000, i will definitely go for it as it is so much affordable and i am satisfied that it has 2 years warranty and high quality components.
    The point of matter is that our awaam has become a victim of the oldest business strategy in the books which implies to build high quality products in first few years, make heavy investment in hypnotic advertisements and when goodwill established then start raising prices and reducing quality and people will never complain because they become so brain washed that they could never let go of the past and just cannot accept the fact that the products of 10 years ago and today's are not of similar quality.
    And this strategy my friend can only work in a country like Pakistan where there are literally no laws to enforce quality standards and where bribery can shut the mouths of all Government officials.

Moral: Our country needs some patriot Government to strictly enforce quality control laws and from the next day all these bikes will be removed from our roads and will be declared UNSAFE for the roads.

Hope this long explanation resolves all the issues and please note that only an educated person can understand what i have typed above and jahils like Xarak and other stereo types will just continue with their dream world and fantasies from which they just cannot wake up from

Regards

A bike lover

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I see this thread going to a very wrong side, I wont be commenting here any more.
    Allama Iqbal (R.A) said:
    There're more universes beyond the stars...
    Which means, Don't dream of just starts, dream to infinity and beyond...
    Anyhow, you asked for a "CEASE FIRE" so I should better respect what you've asked for...
    Peace.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MONOO RP or GS whichever you are inclined towards..The only reservation for GS is 18% increment in retail price in last 2 years alone..

101,500(2012)
    119,500(2014)

They have not resolved the quality & control issues as pointed by many GS owners..

On the other hand Piaggio is listening to consumer demands.

RP-2014 model has good looks aswell.

Now its upto you to decide.A test ride is definitely recommended.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla advise me between gs150 and rp as well. I love the gs' engine but its quality is really worrying. And ill have to spend another 5k atleast just for acceptable tyre and rim

Rp k baray men koi reservations nai hen just the oerformance of the engine.. how does thag compare to gs150

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is an old idiom, Jack of All Master of nothing, and if I pivot it, Master of one Jack of nothing!

So GS is a speed master but lack a long list of things which you might al ready know about, where as Rpiaggio is a Jack of almost every thing you name it from beauty to braking to a Good speed lots of gadgets, sporty style ... but master of nothing (and I mean it).

make your decision your self now , I dont want to tag my self for Hypnosis yahan per fatwa lag jata hai foran he isliye ye "help me" threads ko mene avoid kerna shru ker diya howa hai unless I am impelled to jump in... bhala mashwara bhi do or batain bhi suno wa ray dunya ... lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    @vickytulla advise me between gs150 and rp as well. I love the gs' engine but its quality is really worrying. And ill have to spend another 5k atleast just for acceptable tyre and rim

Rp k baray men koi reservations nai hen just the oerformance of the engine.. how does thag compare to gs150

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i haven't read all posts but IMO opinion this is repeating in all Threads now a days.

OP please take some of precious time out and ride each bike once and decide what suits you the best. I'll take first step and offer my un altered RP for this purpose. So its your time to take a step and save your and everyone else time.
    All of us can give tell you good and bad and you can find it on nearly every other post on PW because we poor Pakistanis has only few choices you can count them on fingers on single hand so why bother to argue on every other post?

So my advice is again the same ride each of it and decide what you want. You are the best judge because you know what you prefer. So save your time and everyone else to discuss something positive rather than repeating this brand war. Companies are not honest to their own brands but we try to be honest with our favorite brand more than the company itself

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is an old idiom, Jack of All Master of nothing, and if I pivot it, Master of one Jack of nothing!

So GS is a speed master but lack a long list of things which you might al ready know about, where as Rpiaggio is a Jack of almost every thing you name it from beauty to braking to a Good speed lots of gadgets, sporty style ... but master of nothing (and I mean it).

make your decision your self now , I dont want to tag my self for Hypnosis yahan per fatwa lag jata hai foran he isliye ye "help me" threads ko mene avoid kerna shru ker diya howa hai unless I am impelled to jump in... bhala mashwara bhi do or batain bhi suno wa ray dunya ... lol!
    Vicky bhai i respect your opinion immensely, ap dusron ko chorain aur mjh pe tawaja den :p Looks like ill have to test drive an RP. Any owners from rawalpindi/islamabad area who can give me a test drive?

Final question vicky bhai. You've driven both these machines, can u tell me the difference in power?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List