Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Can I change 3.5 x 18 Tyre on my Pridor?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    imranafzal4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Lightbulb Can I change 3.5 x 18 Tyre on my Pridor?

    Pridor Custom Rear tyre is 2.75 x 18

    Can I replace this with Ravi Piaggio rear tyre which is 3.5 x 18?

    Is it need RIM change also of just tyre can b changed?

    Please help
    @amjad635
    @Silver_Knife
    @chdemon @devilskreed


  2. #2
    Site Banned Follow
    Silver_Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,070
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    This will be really stupid idea to do so (hope you dont mind)

    The 3.5x18 tyre will finish your engine in less than 1 year. You be doing ring piston work. Further the bike will be consuming oil on regular basis, acceleration will be reduced and fuel consumption will increase.

    The 3.5x18 tyre is hard to handle even for ravi piaggio engine. Iam telling you all this from my experience.

    If you want to install fat tyre, then reduce rim size (circumference). So it will compensate the overall balance. Plus i highly doub that pridor will be able to accomodate 3.5x18 even if you want to.


    Sent from my LG-F240S using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    ArshadXaidi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    494
    Follows
    0
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    can i ask my question here i have installed 3.00 17 125 trail type tyre on jialing jh70 that have alloy rims installed does this affect performance of bike as bike have very slow acceleration and my bike head always leaking oil / seapage in it.

    i donnt want to create another thread regarding to this so i ask here any expert should shed some light on my question
    Proud Owner of Jialing Jh70 Model 2003

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    imranafzal4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Brother Ghussa kiyon hote ho, nahi pata to pucha hai na wo b tag ker k..

    I dont know the Honda Delux rear tyre size but many people replace with Pridor its 90/90, I dont know the different in these two scales,
    like 3.0 x 18 OR 90/90

    I am unconfortable with double swari on pridor, feeling like sleepry on flat road, and on curves, even I dont feel this in my Honda CD -70

    aise lagta hai jaise abi slip ho jaonga, thats y i am asking any resonable update recomend by you or other seniors..

    Tameez wali Update, jo na engine pe itni effect kare na performance pe..

    current tyre is 2.75 x 18 (6PR) 6 ply Rating..

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    This will be really stupid idea to do so ( Sorry, i can be more sober than this, hope you dont mind)

    The 3.5x18 tyre will finish your engine in less than 1 year. You be doing ring piston work. Further the bike will be consuming oil on regular basis, acceleration will be reduced and fuel consumption will increase.

    The 3.5x18 tyre is hard to handle even for ravi piaggio engine. Iam telling you all this from my experience.

    If you want to install fat tyre, then reduce rim size (circumference). So it will compensate the overall balance. Plus i highly doub that pridor will be able to accomodate 3.5x18 even if you want to.


    Sent from my LG-F240S using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Site Banned Follow
    Silver_Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,070
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imranafzal4 View Post
    Brother Ghussa kiyon hote ho, nahi pata to pucha hai na wo b tag ker k..

    I dont know the Honda Delux rear tyre size but many people replace with Pridor its 90/90, I dont know the different in these two scales,
    like 3.0 x 18 OR 90/90

    I am unconfortable with double swari on pridor, feeling like sleepry on flat road, and on curves, even I dont feel this in my Honda CD -70

    aise lagta hai jaise abi slip ho jaonga, thats y i am asking any resonable update recomend by you or other seniors..

    Tameez wali Update, jo na engine pe itni effect kare na performance pe..

    current tyre is 2.75 x 18 (6PR) 6 ply Rating..
    The stock tyre that comes with deluxe and ravi piaggio is 90/90*18

    I think you can easily install this in your pridor without much diff in performance.

    Sent from my LG-F240S using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Site Banned Follow
    Silver_Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,070
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArshadXaidi View Post
    can i ask my question here i have installed 3.00 17 125 trail type tyre on jialing jh70 that have alloy rims installed does this affect performance of bike as bike have very slow acceleration and my bike head always leaking oil / seapage in it.

    i donnt want to create another thread regarding to this so i ask here any expert should shed some light on my question
    Bike head leaking oil is sign of seal not placed properly or must probably have reached its limit.

    Alloy rims with 3.00 tyre is pure zulm on 70cc bike

    Sent from my LG-F240S using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    imranafzal4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sir g kya piaggio and Delux ka rear tyre same in size?



    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    The stock tyre that comes with deluxe and ravi piaggio is 90/90*18

    I think you can easily install this in your pridor without much diff in performance.

    Sent from my LG-F240S using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    ArshadXaidi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    494
    Follows
    0
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Bike head leaking oil is sign of seal not placed properly or must probably have reached its limit.

    Alloy rims with 3.00 tyre is pure zulm on 70cc bike

    Sent from my LG-F240S using Tapatalk

    jialing factory size of rear tyre is 2.75 /17 and front is 2.50 /17 but 2.75 /17 isnt easily availiable in market if they had its old stock can i use old stock tyre means 3-5 year old tyre in new condition?
    Proud Owner of Jialing Jh70 Model 2003

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhabinomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,472
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    You could opt for 2.50/17 crusier pattern on Servis Tyre. It has awesome grip and stylist as well. I have this tyre from past 2 years on my cd 70. It is becoming little slippery now as i apply back brake with full force.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umerchaudhary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,203
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    you can install rear tyre of deluxe in pridor . As I also installed in my CD 100 it will surely easily fit on pridor rim you just have to make sure about rear mudguard that it will not create any problem so if possible ask from a mechanic or tyre shop as I can't tell u about it bcoz my mudguard is of previous style but about two things I can assure you it will proper fit on rim and it will not touch swing arm/chimta you will get a very nice road grip with deluxe tyre and during stopping bike it will not slip like slimy tyre of company fitted in pridor I also really hate that stock tyre which is too risky while stopping CD 100 and pridor .

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If im not wrong, the stock rear tyre size of pridor is 2.5x18 and u r already running a 2.75...

    2.75 is a very decent tire size for 100cc, the kind of slipping issue u r mentioning is not related to tire size. Either ur tire is too hard inflated, or its worn out, or the brand is not good... (lately iv seen honda put diamond tires in new bikes instead of service)

    I suggest u keep ur tires air pressure at 26psi front and 32psi rear and then check the road grip... if this solves then good.. otherwise switch to "service cruiser" tire in same width of 2.75 that tire has much more road contact and good grip..

    Installing a wider tire might not be the smartest solution though it would improve the road grip..

    Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Imran Honda deluxe tyre is huge tyre i won't recommend installing such an big tyre
    and piaggio as par specification shared by piaggio its even fatter than deluxe
    Deluxe tyre is 90/90 which in other words is 3.25 and piaggio as par specification has 3.50 width tyre

    As par my experience though stock servis rear tyre in pridor is not best or quality tyre
    but still it does job and i think its right size tyre for 100cc bike deluxe & piaggio tyres are biggies

    Imran if you really want to upgrade tyre size max: i would advise go for 3.00-18 size tyre
    as this tyre is not very fat its little bit wider and fits perfectly on pridor rim
    90/90 deluxe tyre though fits on pridor rim but that is not recommended combination
    and after installation you can notice tyre is huge as compare to rim so you can never get best performance of it

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umerchaudhary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,203
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Amjad bhai believe me driving with deluxe tyre is like bike braking is in your full control and no big issue I ever faced in acceleration the only thing we just have to must check with this tyre is air pressure should not be less or not even more bcoz it's not a slim one tyre. And Amjad bhai you well said piaggio storm 3.50 tyre is really a big so I will also not recommend just like you and I am also sure it can't fit at all on pridor rim properly.

  14. #14
    Site Banned Follow
    Silver_Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,070
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Can I change 3.5 x 18 Tyre on my Pridor? - ryhupahe

    Sent from my LG-F240S using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    umer_pervaiz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bahi have u tried RIM alignment, rim/chakay sahi karwana, (park your bike on double stand, and rotate your tyre and look carefully if it wobbles from behind

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    salmanshahid01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    golden boy 3.00-18 rear tyre in pridor's stock rim. first run was 30km with pillion. awesome experience. my review is MUST TRY ONCE

    Can I change 35 x 18 Tyre on my Pridor? -1546482

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    salmanshahid01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    golden boy 3.00-18 rear tyre in pridor's stock rim. first run was 30km with pillion. awesome experience. my review is MUST TRY ONCE

    Can I change 35 x 18 Tyre on my Pridor? -1546483

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    gull_s_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Imran if you really want to upgrade tyre size max: i would advise go for 3.00-18 size tyre
    as this tyre is not very fat its little bit wider and fits perfectly on pridor rim
    90/90 deluxe tyre though fits on pridor rim but that is not recommended combination
    and after installation you can notice tyre is huge as compare to rim so you can never get best performance of it
    +1
    Proper sized rim is a must to complement the bigger tyre.
    Though many GS users are happily using 100/90 on stock rim which is the same size as pridor rim aka 1.6

    Tyre to Rim size should be following ideally...
    2.50 tyre---------------------- 1.4 Rim
    2.75 tyre---------------------- 1.6 Rim
    3.00 tyre---------------------- 1.85 Rim
    3.25 (90/90) tyre------------- 2.15 Rim
    3.50 (100/90) tyre------------ 2.50 Rim

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Salman very good tyre for how much you bought it?
    performance you seems happy with it

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    imranafzal4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Salman very good tyre for how much you bought it?
    performance you seems happy with it
    Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    +1
    Proper sized rim is a must to complement the bigger tyre.
    Though many GS users are happily using 100/90 on stock rim which is the same size as pridor rim aka 1.6

    Tyre to Rim size should be following ideally...
    2.50 tyre---------------------- 1.4 Rim
    2.75 tyre---------------------- 1.6 Rim
    3.00 tyre---------------------- 1.85 Rim
    3.25 (90/90) tyre------------- 2.15 Rim
    3.50 (100/90) tyre------------ 2.50 Rim
    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshahid01 View Post
    golden boy 3.00-18 rear tyre in pridor's stock rim. first run was 30km with pillion. awesome experience. my review is MUST TRY ONCE

    Can I change 35 x 18 Tyre on my Pridor? -1546482
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Can I change 3.5 x 18 Tyre on my Pridor? - ryhupahe

    Sent from my LG-F240S using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Imran Honda deluxe tyre is huge tyre i won't recommend installing such an big tyre
    and piaggio as par specification shared by piaggio its even fatter than deluxe
    Deluxe tyre is 90/90 which in other words is 3.25 and piaggio as par specification has 3.50 width tyre

    As par my experience though stock servis rear tyre in pridor is not best or quality tyre
    but still it does job and i think its right size tyre for 100cc bike deluxe & piaggio tyres are biggies

    Imran if you really want to upgrade tyre size max: i would advise go for 3.00-18 size tyre
    as this tyre is not very fat its little bit wider and fits perfectly on pridor rim
    90/90 deluxe tyre though fits on pridor rim but that is not recommended combination
    and after installation you can notice tyre is huge as compare to rim so you can never get best performance of it
    Quote Originally Posted by umerchaudhary View Post
    you can install rear tyre of deluxe in pridor . As I also installed in my CD 100 it will surely easily fit on pridor rim you just have to make sure about rear mudguard that it will not create any problem so if possible ask from a mechanic or tyre shop as I can't tell u about it bcoz my mudguard is of previous style but about two things I can assure you it will proper fit on rim and it will not touch swing arm/chimta you will get a very nice road grip with deluxe tyre and during stopping bike it will not slip like slimy tyre of company fitted in pridor I also really hate that stock tyre which is too risky while stopping CD 100 and pridor .

    Brother I try GS-150 Stock Panthar Tyre which is 3.0 18 on My Pridor but I didn't Feel any difference in Grip or Braking even not 1%, By look Tyre width looks like same as Pridor 2.75 only main and major difference was the Height of the Tyre from RIM to end point..
    So i feel noticeable height on drive which is not comfortable for me...

    My question is that If a change 90/90 18 then How much Bike Height increase from back?

    or 2nd option should i change to 90/90 with 17" rim to accommodate the perfect balance.. when back of bike is down from front and its give pleasurable riding experience..

    And is it possible to change 17" Rim adjust center HUB without any problem? I know I need to compromise on low road clearance after move to 17" but 90/90 tyre height will adjust
    Your feedback needed as i need to change this in next week

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •