Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: Help choose a 125 or 150cc bike!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help choose a 125 or 150cc bike!

Aoa guys...

Help me decide which bike should I buy? My daily commute is 35+35 = 70kms... hence I need a bigger bike, currently I own a 2010 Yamaha Junoon which I shall be putting up for sale soon...

Since I have a busy schedule and long commute my preference is of a reliable bike, comfortable and trouble free. I have kept Junoon for 4yrs and what I hated the most was lack of after sales and mechanics resulting in huge time waste... since I now have a job, I don't afford time wastage...

Help me choose amongst the following bikes:

HONDA CG 125 CLASSIC.....102,500Rs
    HONDA CG DREAM..... 105,900Rs
    HONDA CG 125 DELUXE..... 124,000Rs

SUZUKI GS 150..... 119,500Rs

RAVI PIAGGIO STORM 125..... 112,000Rs

Im not a Honda fan... and I expect that very soon Atlas Honda is going to suffer from same fate as dyl... I think Honda Japan would take over and kick atlas out very soon... should I buy an atlas honda bike?

I personally like Ravi Piaggio a lot... but is it a trouble free bike? With good after sales? Or I would have to worry and run for claims and issues in my new bike? (Which kills the reliability part )

Has the quality of GS150 improved after the recent price hike? 119,500 is insane price for GS as per Suzuki's pricing history...

Expert opinions required: @vickytulla ? Others... plz pour feedback

Thnx!

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey! After long time.. Good to see you are shifting from 100 to 125cc category. Where is your Junoon?

You are from Lahore so better go for Ravi Piaggio. I know you are quite mature rider and you will not make it fall again and again, in any case of trouble @vickytulla is the man
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi r1
    yes long time.. am now a casual silent reader of the forum..

I am pretty inclined towards RP but warranty claims haunt me!

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Hi r1
    yes long time.. am now a casual silent reader of the forum..

I am pretty inclined towards RP but warranty claims haunt me!

Well there are lots of satisfied Ravi users so there wouldn't be any warranty issues. New model is super cool with lots of sharp and beautiful features, am sure that would be a trouble free bike.
    Aint no like CG E2 with noisy engine, clutch cam grrrr and gears stuck issue.

CG Dream is way bulky it should be more curvy and sharp, have seen a leaked photo and that was terrible.

GS150 ahhh man come on you are dude and that bike looks unclescious secondly small rear tyre and no front disc setup, quality control, parts and overall build is just satisfactory.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hahaha r1, I did the same thing last time I had to purchase a bike... bought the one with maximum features and minimum price!
    And the result wasnt very good... it was mixed experience...

Can I be sure this time? Or mehnga roe aik bar? Sasta roe bar bar? What ebt 125 dlx?

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hahaha r1, I did the same thing last time I had to purchase a bike... bought the one with maximum features and minimum price!
    And the result wasnt very good... it was mixed experience...

Can I be sure this time? Or mehnga roe aik bar? Sasta roe bar bar? What ebt 125 dlx?

Junoon has features? That's a news to me
    Hmm not a bad idea Deluxe is most reliable in current market but have less features as compare RP. Economy issue it wont give you more then 32-34kms/ltr. Resale is not very good but if you are keeping for next 5-6 years with same care as you kept previous ride then not a best option.

Further more queries about Deluxe tagging @abobobilly

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by r1 View Post
    Junoon has features? That's a news to me
    Hmm not a bad idea Deluxe is most reliable in current market but have less features as compare RP. Economy issue it wont give you more then 32-34kms/ltr. Resale is not very good but if you are keeping for next 5-6 years with same care as you kept previous ride then not a best option.

Further more queries about Deluxe tagging @abobobilly
    It had "features" back then as compared to the retro cd100 option
    It had fuel gauge, jadeed design, shandar seat and SPORTY plastic

So yeah it had "features"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best of luck Auto bro.
    Wondering what can i add to this thread what you don't know already.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    Best of luck Auto bro.
    Wondering what can i add to this thread what you don't know already.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Hahaha im in a tricky situation...

Im planing for a detailed market visit tomorrow evening... Id visit MacLeod rd, inspect all bikes and then post my reviews...

Also interested to visit the authorized mechanics of RP and Suzuki...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

r1 bro, why tagging me for Deluxe? Want be to bash the shizzness out of it ? :p

@Automotorsport_Lover! PBC (Pakistan Bikers Club) is showing dissatisfaction with new GS150s. They say it comes with a twisted frame, which no one notices but is dangerous. Since they want to teach PakSuzuki a lesson (for not listening to customer complaints) they are suggesting NOT to purchase it. So i'd contact PBC (either at Facebook or their own site) before making a decision about GS150 .... since its the only 150cc bike you can actually care about (because of its engine).

Second, i'd personally suggest you to go for Ravi Piaggio. If you want to go to market (my guess is McLeod Road) then i'll tell you right now what they'll say about Piaggio. "Bhai bakwas bike hay, bhagti nai hay, mehangi hay" blah blah yada yada. They are AHL fans and ignorant baskurds who make decisions on the basis of "top speed only". And they'll either advise you to go for Deluxe, or Classic.

But seriously ... get the Piaggio. Support Ravi for such a great product.

Also tagging @vickytulla for his kind words.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol wow...the cg dream costs more than the cg 125 classic? :/ "Sports shape" costs too much in pakistan...
    Live To Ride ..... Ride To Live
    https://www.facebook.com/seeyouinmyrearviewmirror

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    r1 bro, why tagging me for Deluxe? Want be to bash the shizzness out of it ? :p

@Automotorsport_Lover! PBC (Pakistan Bikers Club) is showing dissatisfaction with new GS150s. They say it comes with a twisted frame, which no one notices but is dangerous. Since they want to teach PakSuzuki a lesson (for not listening to customer complaints) they are suggesting NOT to purchase it. So i'd contact PBC (either at Facebook or their own site) before making a decision about GS150 .... since its the only 150cc bike you can actually care about (because of its engine).

Second, i'd personally suggest you to go for Ravi Piaggio. If you want to go to market (my guess is McLeod Road) then i'll tell you right now what they'll say about Piaggio. "Bhai bakwas bike hay, bhagti nai hay, mehangi hay" blah blah yada yada. They are AHL fans and ignorant baskurds who make decisions on the basis of "top speed only". And they'll either advise you to go for Deluxe, or Classic.

But seriously ... get the Piaggio. Support Ravi for such a great product.

Also tagging @vickytulla for his kind words.
    Last time I went market, mechanic, kharadia and the used bikes dealer also said ravi piaggio is a good bike...

But I went to its dealer, he had no piaggio on display, just had other ravi bikes 70cc and 100cc on display... he was willing to sell Ravi's 2013 model for as low as 95-96ks... said I have to wait for 2014 and its price is going to be 112000

the showroom was a private one, with nothing fancy, dealer was a funny old guy, and he didnt even had a single part in stock...

He just repeated "koi part chahye ho, sab milyga, mujhy btana hoga apko, factory sey mangwana parega"

And this...... is rubbish!

What if?
    A guys buys a RP? His engine is faulty, he takes it for inspection, engine is opened, turns out some overhaul type major stuff is required? Would he have to leave his bike with the Ravi's mechanic and wait for them to arrange for parts from "factory" ?

I mean who would have time for this nonsense? If everything remains ideal you should get your bike back in 3 days I suppose... and if Ravi's instant karma hit u! U might get stuck there waiting for the "shipment" to arrive from "Italy" for next 15 days!?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Auto brother.. im facing the same dilemma these days.. gotta buy a new bike laken all the options have some issues with them. Tired of it all i even asked @hidalgo to arrange a test drive for me of a Kawa GTO125, but he said it needs to be maintained far too regularly, so that option's out of the window as well. What we're left with are production bikes with problems.

Honda CG Vibrator - Good and reliable engine, no parts issue, mechanics readily available. But its not comfortable

GS 150 Rusty Bendy Twisty - Good engine. Ghatiya quality k parts. I have a suzuki bike and parts and mechanic k liay bht khwar hona parhta hai jab zarurat paray. And rumours are true, the parts really are PATHETIC. Too expensive

Piaggio - har cheez milay gi. Quality bhi shayad achi hi ho. But after sales issue

Deluxe - Dont have much knowledge about this bike, looks good and sounds amazing. but too expensive..

GD110 - The engine has not proven itself, mileage issues from owners and one owner got his carb opened after just 10k KMs.

Hope i added something to the thread

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ravi piaggio storm 125 euro II 2014 model

@meoneplus has purchased one recently he will give you detail insight or @hidalgo

Quote Originally Posted by automotorsport_lover View Post
    aoa guys...

Help me decide which bike should i buy? My daily commute is 35+35 = 70kms... Hence i need a bigger bike, currently i own a 2010 yamaha junoon which i shall be putting up for sale soon...

Since i have a busy schedule and long commute my preference is of a reliable bike, comfortable and trouble free. I have kept junoon for 4yrs and what i hated the most was lack of after sales and mechanics resulting in huge time waste... Since i now have a job, i don't afford time wastage...

Help me choose amongst the following bikes:

Honda cg 125 classic.....102,500rs
    honda cg dream..... 105,900rs
    honda cg 125 deluxe..... 124,000rs

suzuki gs 150..... 119,500rs

ravi piaggio storm 125..... 112,000rs

im not a honda fan... And i expect that very soon atlas honda is going to suffer from same fate as dyl... I think honda japan would take over and kick atlas out very soon... Should i buy an atlas honda bike?

I personally like ravi piaggio a lot... But is it a trouble free bike? With good after sales? Or i would have to worry and run for claims and issues in my new bike? (which kills the reliability part )

has the quality of gs150 improved after the recent price hike? 119,500 is insane price for gs as per suzuki's pricing history...

Expert opinions required: @vickytulla ? Others... Plz pour feedback

thnx!

Sent from my huawei g700-u10 using tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Last time I went market, mechanic, kharadia and the used bikes dealer also said ravi piaggio is a good bike...
    I find that hard to believe. I have hardly seen anyone 'praising' ravi for what it is, and they always complain it for what it isn't.

But I went to its dealer, he had no piaggio on display, just had other ravi bikes 70cc and 100cc on display... he was willing to sell Ravi's 2013 model for as low as 95-96ks... said I have to wait for 2014 and its price is going to be 112000
    That could be to clear the 'old stock'. Or maybe you should check the official dealers?

What if?
    A guys buys a RP? His engine is faulty, he takes it for inspection, engine is opened, turns out some overhaul type major stuff is required? Would he have to leave his bike with the Ravi's mechanic and wait for them to arrange for parts from "factory" ?

I mean who would have time for this nonsense? If everything remains ideal you should get your bike back in 3 days I suppose... and if Ravi's instant karma hit u! U might get stuck there waiting for the "shipment" to arrive from "Italy" for next 15 days!?
    Woah. Easy there. Your ideas are a bit too far fetched. I'd say meet up with the people who have purchased the 2014 model. A PakWheeler from Lahore @Slickdesertfox have purchased the 2014 model (his thread: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-rp-124-2014-a ). You could inspect the bike, take a test ride, and probably have a nice bottle of PK-Champagne i.e. COKE

Anything new will have its risks and benefits. Its upto you whether you want to take it or leave it. Who knows if you end up having better benefit than the risk taken.

And if its any consolation, i like Deluxe, contrary to all my bashings. I prefer its riding position over Ravi Piaggio, and also its roaring engine noise. What i don't like, is its absurd price point ... and the RIDICULOUS non-availability of its features. I mean, we don't even get a bigger battery so that we could power up the front light with it (its still connected to engine RPM, i.e. SH*T). Its parts are also expensive and its mileage is crappy as compared to classic (barely does 33KM/L if you drive in economy zone, and after tuning to a lean mixture)

If i were to purchase a bike for me now, i would NEVER purchase a AHL product ever again. Let it be a CD70, CG125 ... or any other plastic SH*T they are launching. I'd prefer spending my money on better value-for-money products, and would not hesitate to purchase china bikes (and i HAVE ... three of them in past 2 years. Even my father owns a Metro 70cc and its going strong)
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmm... no doubt deluxe stands for quality, but is too expensive and lack features...

Market visit would tell, id want to know id dealers have 2013 deluxe, whats its price? Maybe i can get a bargain on that?

But the fuel economy uv mentioned is too bad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Automotorsport brother feeling happy for you going to buy new bike
    MashAllah you have very well good idea about most bikes available in pakistan
    you can decide and take right decision for you i would say just be relax
    and gather some facts about all bikes in your list and than decide don't hurry
    go and inspect all bikes by sitting on them

my some points regarding those bikes in your list hoping they prove useful for you

Honda CG125 = Uncomfortable bike benefits best after sales service cheapest spare parts
    Atlas honda has very wide network no issue of after sales in AHl bikes

Honda Deluxe = Very good bike but will never recommend you to buy this as its really expensive
    and nothing new has been introduced by AHl so it is not wise at all buying this bike
    rather why not just go for CG Dream

Honda CG Dream = Still don't know much about this infact have not yet seen it properly
    But definitely this will be comfortable to drive bike and with CG 4 gear engine
    it will surely have same performance if weight is maintained same by AHl
    so with attractive sporty looks and best acceleration & top speed surely this bike
    would be fun to drive

Storm 125 = A very good option and features wise best option no doubt new model and changes introduced
    are very impressive this bike has now become a complete sporty bike with excellent features
    and price is ok too ONLY issue bad after sales service and availability of spare parts but i guess
    you can manage with it as you are from lahore and there are its spare parts in this city parts
    won't be readily available but they will get for you if needed

GS150 = SIMPLY STAY AWAY FROM THIS BIKE ( POOR QUALITY )

GD110 = Great quality and good bike but has some issues like bad fuel average & some other issues
    i think you must be aware of it or you can visit TZB bro's thread about it & its issues

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks amjad!

Yes... to stay completely tension free i should choose a honda bike...

It comes down to:
    Honda CG dream vs Honda CG Deluxe(2013) vs RP Storm...

If some dealer has Deluxe 2013 and is willing to offer at less than 115,000Rs then I will opt for deluxe...

Otherwise CG dream ka wait karna parega, when is then bike going to be launched?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CG Dream is going to be launched today

A used deluxe is good option i don't about its resale there
    but here resale of this bike is very low so one can easily get just few hundred
    km driven 2014 deluxe at price 1lkah rupees but its hard to find such deluxe

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

every time i have to kick start my bike , moat per jati ha , every time i have to use engine break for stopping m noat phir par hati ha , piago is good option , m not its fan but in 115k its a package , thats my thought , and cg will loose ur nutts and you ll forget your accountancy , after junoon's comfortable n silent ride u mentioned quite a journey at bike ca your ears bear cg's sound ? sale junoon pool 15k get a used gs15o , pool a lil more et used piago , thats my opinion
    legend will revive soon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List