Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: Help choose a 125 or 150cc bike!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help choose a 125 or 150cc bike!

Aoa guys...

Help me decide which bike should I buy? My daily commute is 35+35 = 70kms... hence I need a bigger bike, currently I own a 2010 Yamaha Junoon which I shall be putting up for sale soon...

Since I have a busy schedule and long commute my preference is of a reliable bike, comfortable and trouble free. I have kept Junoon for 4yrs and what I hated the most was lack of after sales and mechanics resulting in huge time waste... since I now have a job, I don't afford time wastage...

Help me choose amongst the following bikes:

HONDA CG 125 CLASSIC.....102,500Rs
    HONDA CG DREAM..... 105,900Rs
    HONDA CG 125 DELUXE..... 124,000Rs

SUZUKI GS 150..... 119,500Rs

RAVI PIAGGIO STORM 125..... 112,000Rs

Im not a Honda fan... and I expect that very soon Atlas Honda is going to suffer from same fate as dyl... I think Honda Japan would take over and kick atlas out very soon... should I buy an atlas honda bike?

I personally like Ravi Piaggio a lot... but is it a trouble free bike? With good after sales? Or I would have to worry and run for claims and issues in my new bike? (Which kills the reliability part )

Has the quality of GS150 improved after the recent price hike? 119,500 is insane price for GS as per Suzuki's pricing history...

Expert opinions required: @vickytulla ? Others... plz pour feedback

Thnx!

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    My single month's usage:= 1,680kms monthly...
    My main concern is reliability...
    I intend to keep it for 3/4 years at least.
    You get all these in CG with minimum price, maximum reliability, brutal torque, maximum topspeed... why bother to spend more money for shashka only ? beside dont go for piaggio if you have a single doubt on its relabilty and claim/Service because remember its Chinese product and assembled by Pakis... so be 100% sure they missed some thing.. AHL plant is mostly automated thanks to Japan so there is less to know interference by pakis assembler is liye relatively better quality milti hai, beside the big placeboo effect of having a japani motor cycle is always there.

Deluxe is like making a whole in your pocket, CG Dream is just in... wait for market response it might have some basic fault which I will not recommend you to be victim of... ager Deluxe or Dream per paisy zaya kerny hai tu better to buy a paiggio its at least Road tested by Paki Riders to many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Haan haan. CG125 Classic lo. Jab aap ki "B" 70kms k safar se thak jaye gi tab baat karna :p
    Seriously though, i have done long routes on a CG125 classic and there is no easy way to put it
    And i am pretty sure vickytulla is being sarcastic -.-
    brother I totally agree with you I have done more then 2000km on paiggio in couple of days and this is my second ride and you make sense... it is totally explainable but look at autmotor's usage he will hardly do 1.5km in a whole month that's nothing ... beside he is already to much scared from quality, claims and service of GS and RP that if he bought on our recommendation he will kill us even if the bike sneezed

You can explain I want to know all the pain points that a piaggio owner faces!
    I used to own a a 70, a CG, then I also kept sprinter and then I came upon RP... if I look back to see which was the best ride out of all was a cd70 for city useage, and CG and paiggio were almost on same level becuase moth spare parts were roughly same priced if bought genuine. also the number of visits for me were high in CG case becuase I was a very bad rider and blew rings quite often...

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    please explain
    RP is a trouble free bike I have done tours on it along heavy biker and along GS rider and the modification on it were really the pain in my A $ $ but bike itself didn't even did "achoo" ....

but for new guy if he himself is not confident about its quality then GS/RP is a no go area brother.. ye bikes sirf Choosy people k liye hain .. who have them for a reason for use of point A to B we always have CG with its Gruesome torque and cheap service and Good realibitly and resale after3/4 years.

many people are switching to RP jus tlike @mqsdrana sold his deluxe and bought the RP a day back but @Automotorsport_Lover I would not Recommend an RP or a GS ... because out of all the success stories you see on Pakwheels let me show you the things which just go under the radar...

You have been having a feedback around that the Ravi Claim and service center is quite active these days and they follow there customers to remotest areas to provide back up.. WHY ? why dont the improve the quality in first place and dont give the new buyer such pain that he has to contact the service center in the other cities where he cannot go or even reach..

dont make choice on what you see here go to Market check GS RP and the CG(in last) ... then you will not choose the bike the bike will chose you.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nahennnnn.... yeh nai ho saktaaaa!
    lol so is my fate decided for cg125 classic? Ahhh damn!

Im not going for classic yar.... every paindu has it? what about CG dream or deluxe?

Im not much interested in high resale... i intend to keep it.

You can explain I want to know all the pain points that a piaggio owner faces!

Ab aisi bhi koi baat nahi Lala.

Besides this if economy is not a big issue for you then buy used Deluxe, but instead of buying used Deluxe in 100k it's better to buy new one. Remember this that Deluxe is most reliable bike in the current market. Less noisy engine and no need of warranty claim for 5-6 years if you ride carefully.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla btw the CG Dream is Euro-2 equipped or have a simple CG engine? In pictures can't see the euro device.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

people ask me you keep a Ravi your self but you dont recomend it ye kiya baat hui!!

So guys when you have bikes from 600cc to 50cc parked in your garage and you repair modify them your self or by help or friends/mechnics to half mechnic ap khud ban jatay ho .. even thought RP donot ask for any maintaince out of the way but if some body is already looking at it critically then I am 100% sure he will find some thing to complain about it in any case
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no diea its expected to be launched today!! so most probably I will have a look at the bunch of AHL showrooms whil going home.. InshAllah ...

Quote Originally Posted by r1 View Post
    @vickytulla btw the CG Dream is Euro-2 equipped or have a simple CG engine? In pictures can't see the euro device.

Agreed.. its not a paindo bike.. its retro 80s look!! and its has its own beauty beside I cannot find any good option for local user who needs trouble free motor.

Deluxe , Yar mahnga spare partm wohi slow Bike as paiggio, no self ... double priced better to stay on Classic CG ...
    Ab aisi bhi koi baat nahi Lala.

Besides this if economy is not a big issue for you then buy used Deluxe, but instead of buying used Deluxe in 100k it's better to buy new one. Remember this that Deluxe is most reliable bike in the current market. Less noisy engine and no need of warranty claim for 5-6 years if you ride carefully.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@r1! Acha mazaq karte hain Panday Gee

I never owned a Deluxe myself. But a few of family members had the old (4 gear) and new (5 gear) deluxe. Also, 2 of my neighbors and a couple of very close friends also have one. So i pretty much had a very close and authentic experience with Deluxe. Like I said before, its a good bike. But there are much better alternatives available in the market.

----
    @vickytulla! What exactly happened to you? :p You are crossing the amusement boundary
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Btw, if its really CG Classic one has to buy, then PLEASE DO NOT waste your precious money on brand new CG125. Get a used one, for like 40-45k (make sure its not accidental and frame is 100% aligned - mechanics & denters can check that for you) ... spend like 10-15 on it and rebuild it yourself. You'll have a FAR better bike at your disposal than a brand new bike.

New CG125 is coming with B-Pair exhuasts, which go kaput in just 6 months. They have added a stupid silver patti on its side and has bumped up its cost to 1.5x. Thats just wow. Also, not to mention the Rim and Tyres, which you'll have to get changed the instant, otherwise saari zindagi rims he seedhay karwatay raho gey. Its seat is made of Plastic (from underneath), which is good if you keep it to pillion riding. But if 3 people sitting on the seat will be a dangerous experiment.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

. But there are much better alternatives available in the market.
    ----
    Exactly deluxe ko dekh ker dil nahi kerta itnay paisy deney ko ager RP ki traf nazar per jaye tu ..

@vickytulla! What exactly happened to you? :p You are crossing the amusement boundary
    abobi .. he he he he he ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

New CG125 is coming with B-Pair exhuasts, which go kaput in just 6 months. They have added a stupid silver patti on its side and has bumped up its cost to 1.5x. Thats just wow. Also, not to mention the Rim and Tyres, which you'll have to get changed the instant, otherwise saari zindagi rims he seedhay karwatay raho gey. Its seat is made of Plastic (from underneath), which is good if you keep it to pillion riding. But if 3 people sitting on the seat will be a dangerous experiment.
    oh Damn really ok I was not aware of these changes totally! DANG ... I heard they did it to 70 but now CG too... crap..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    oh Damn really ok I was not aware of these changes totally! DANG ... I heard they did it to 70 but now CG too... crap..
    There is a reason why i am SO against this CG125 Classic. Galiyna dene ka dil karta hay AHL walon ko. Inn ka bus chalay to iss k metal k Mudguards remove kar k Plastic k laga dain. I am developing a phobia for this plastic generation of bikes.

Anyway, building a used bike from scratch may be a major inconvenience, but its much cheaper than buying brand new.

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Inn ka bus chalay to iss k metal k Mudguards remove kar k Plastic k laga dain. I am developing a phobia for this plastic generation of bikes.
    They have already introduced the plastic version of CG with the name of CG Dream.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

They have already introduced the plastic version of CG with the name of CG Dream.
    Thats not a dream. Thats a nightmare. khanthegr8 who have test ridding the bike in factory also left unimpressed, and i am not keeping any hopes (at all) either. I'd never purchase this plastic piece of junk, and would strongly advise others against buying it (especially the knowledgable ones like Automotorsports_Lover)

I am however, interested in its rear shock absorbers :p Thinking if it can be installed in classic (given the rear tyre size is same i.e. 17" ... which we don't know about yet)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmmm...

Its down to deluxe vs RP...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thought I like paiggio for my little hang outs ... but I know the level a CG has ... but what you are telling me is like killing a nice product! old Metal Rod CG was way better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry for confusing you Shuja I recomended you CG becuase of its Metal Power!! but Abobi nay tu dil he tor diya hai ...

ager itna naroow down ker liya hai tu go and have a test ride in show room, get in contact with @mqsdrana he sold his deluxe and went for RP after using Deluxe for a long time and iit took him some real time to do a research after which he decided to go for an RP he can give you some explaination what bragged him from deluxe.

Hmmm...

Its down to deluxe vs RP...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vicky bhai
    Good use of reverse psychology i must say.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

reverse psychology kaho ya jo bhi ... bhai men tu mana kerta hon logo ko dont follow me men tu khud half mechnic hon men tu roughest most bike ko bhi chala lon ga .... better to stick with quality product ... thats why I prefered to recomend CG .. I was still standiing for CG untill abobi blew it ... I know its the best option in market for city use even plastic seat ya black muffler city user ko nahi tang kerny walay...

mager ager auto narrow downed to RP and Dlx tu offcoure I never liked deluxe so did you also throwed it away for a reason right and went back to GS?? instead of joking why dont you explain that it might help auto ? what was that .

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    Vicky bhai
    Good use of reverse psychology i must say.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Uff very technical discussion going on here. I am outta here

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

he he he he ...

mene tu simple sa formula bana liya howa hai

1 - you have doubts = Buy Atlas Bike = Happy Life
    2 - you Dont have any doubts = By any other bike, manufacturers did put 'some' effort and its not going to hurt! = See other side of the biking world.

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    Uff very technical discussion going on here. I am outta here

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla WOW! honest opinion, hard to come by these days...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List