Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree306Likes

Thread: My new CG Classic... (automotorsport_lover)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red face My new CG Classic... (automotorsport_lover)

Updated: Bought Honda CG 125 Classic on 31st May 2014

My new CG Classic automotorsportlover -1430374My new CG Classic automotorsportlover -1430375

Ride & Impression:
    After riding Yamaha Junoon for 4 years, CG feels quite different.
    Its not smooth or refined as Junoon but surely is brute raw power! Tourqe at low RPMs is good but at 6000-9000 Rpms you can feel the best acceleration!

I'd describe CG Classic as: Simple, Robust, Reliable & Raw. A work horse.

Build Quality:
    Build quality of Honda is indeed good, nice paint & chrome finish along with a crisp sounding engine. Another thing that I have noticed in Honda is that it does not need much running/break-in. I have driven her below 50Km/hr for the first 500Kms and after that I felt she had broken-in enough. I started slowly increasing speeds & lately I have also touched 90 km/hr but no signs of her getting annoyed or something. Did't even feel her heating up... this makes me think that either Honda bikes have better engine fitting or these come half broken-in from the factory... Im not sure though.

I also noticed that the user manual of my Honda did not stress that much on the break-in process as much as my Yamaha's did. I now frequently cruise at 70-80Km/hr and she never minds!

Flaws:
    There are no major flaws a.k.a. factory defects in a CG. Yes the rims needed allignment (well that goes for all new bikes) but I don't mind since I had to get the rims and mudgaurds compunded anyway, so getting them alligned as well wasn't something that bothered me. The whole job was done expertly and neatly by a local shop and they charged only 350Rs.

Yes the front tyre is a little defected as it wobbles, the wobble is not that much so for now I am ignoring it but I might go for a claim if company allows claim on tyres.

As claimed by some of the PW members that new CGs have these problems:
    2nd gear khatak sound - is not present!
    Khee Khee sound - is not present!

Patakha Sound from exhaust while DECELERATING through engine braking IS present in all new Euro 2 Models. Some have more, some have less.

Update: First detailing after purchase pics on page 11

Update: New detailing stuff pics Pg# 12

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    I definitely am missing the comfort a lot! But at the same time sweet exhaust note and torquey engine is managing to compensate against it!
    bhai junnooon was a fine piece of art whn it came on road for the first time I was in love... but did not had money to buy it..

Bdw guys... what a crude and rough drive this bike has got! If u grab the handle with one hand and continue to drive... ur handle shakes and wobbles...!
    its an uncomforatable non stable ..... but it can do wonders when in right hands... evil wonders... you will see some thing comming from some where in few days ..

Honda promises less, but delivers... others promise more... but fail to deliver properly...

Theres just ONE thing good about this bike... Engine! Or u can also add sales and services... with 7500+ dealers across the nation.. the after sales is commendable by Honda.
    thats what was the core reason I supported cg for a guy like you this much .... I right at many place that CG agaly din bhi mar gaya tu koi gila nahi keray ga .... paiggio ya GS ny cheenk bhi mari tu log atma rol dein *** .. reason is justifiable... becuase CG ko kuch howa to you have 7500+ options to get it recoverd right ?? now lets come to GS/RP ...... OH SH*T ....... .....
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bdw guys... what a crude and rough drive this bike has got! If u grab the handle with one hand and continue to drive... ur handle shakes and wobbles...!
    If thats the case then i am afraid your tyre alignment is out of order. Kindly change the Rims (as already instructed) and get the tyres inspected from Rim wala. The brand new tyres these days are very poorly misaligned, so if thats the case then i am afraid you are looking at atleast 10k in expenses to get them changed ... to be able to have a "PROPER" ride.

Also check the tyre pressure. If the front end feels light weight to you, then your front tyre is over-filled. Reduce the tyre pressure to 25psi.

At high speeds, even the slightest mis-alignment on this bike will kill you. So make sure you pay special attention this one.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir jee you are totally incorrect. I had a suzuki sprinter which after reaching 100K kms, sold it to a friend and the only major work which was done during that run was that the clutch plates were replaced. That's all. You sir have made a personal opinion that only AHL bikes are reliable and nothing else. That is totally incorrect.

And what benefit a cg-125 have over Suzuki Sprinter. Sprinter will give you great milage, it will not shake or rattle, it's engine has enough power to go head to head with a cg-125. You won't feel like you are torturing yourself while riding. Can a CG beat that? I don't think so.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dongiovanni View Post
    Sir jee you are totally incorrect. I had a suzuki sprinter which after reaching 100K kms, sold it to a friend and the only major work which was done during that run was that the clutch plates were replaced. That's all. You sir have made a personal opinion that only AHL bikes are reliable and nothing else. That is totally incorrect.

And what benefit a cg-125 have over Suzuki Sprinter. Sprinter will give you great milage, it will not shake or rattle, it's engine has enough power to go head to head with a cg-125. You won't feel like you are torturing yourself while riding. Can a CG beat that? I don't think so.
    Would you mind sharing year of manufacture of ur sprinter? And speeds at which you drive mostly?

All old bikes were better... Junoon, Sprinter, Gs and slowly and gradually they reduced their quality... and now they are many components are crappy as hell in these bikes.

We are not discussing personal experiences here, we are discussing what most people have experienced and shared. I bet 75% of all new sprinters are coming with quality control issues

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    If thats the case then i am afraid your tyre alignment is out of order. Kindly change the Rims (as already instructed) and get the tyres inspected from Rim wala. The brand new tyres these days are very poorly misaligned, so if thats the case then i am afraid you are looking at atleast 10k in expenses to get them changed ... to be able to have a "PROPER" ride.

Also check the tyre pressure. If the front end feels light weight to you, then your front tyre is over-filled. Reduce the tyre pressure to 25psi.

At high speeds, even the slightest mis-alignment on this bike will kill you. So make sure you pay special attention this one.
    Bilal Bhai,

Yaar i myself have a CG-125. Driven about 5250km. I did get into a really bad accident around December 2013 due to spilled truck mobile oil on Islamabad highway, which resulted in my full arm & wrist breakage and i got plates inserted in my arm uptil elbow. But allah ka shukar i am healed now, and doing really well. At the time of accident bike mileage was around 3300km.

I am facing the following issues on my bike. Hopefully you can guide me in this regard.

1. Before my accident, my bike would easily cross 85-90. But now it goes max 70. What could be the problem? I had my column re-aligned twice. I also got tuning done twice as well.
    2. I am facing continuous problems with the rims. I had them aligned multiple times now. I also changed my front tyre to Diamond Matrix 2.75-18(6PLY). Should i change the RIMS too?
    3. I initially interchanged oil from 3000-4000 between Havoline & PSO Blaze. But now i have gotten back to AHL oil. Which oil should i continue to use?

Looking forward to your reply.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abobobilly @vickytulla @amjad636 @khaanthegr8

Guys my ride covered 250kms yet and since its quite hot these days and my route is long, I have got my oil changed from local honda mechanic...

The good thing about cg is its removable oil stainer, which acts just a reusable engine oil filter, it had quite a reasonable amount of metal shavings in it and was washed with patrol.

I want to know how can I check if it is genuine atlas honda engine oil or not?
    The bottle had crappy printing on it of cg125.. price was 380, he charged 400 in total.

Is there a way to tell difference btw fake and real oil?

Thanx.

PS:
    Id get oil changed again at 500kms I.A. and get my owners manual sign stamped.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i m bad at checking so i prefer to buy oil from metro cash and carry mostly or from reliable shops in locally which I am 100% sure do orignal bussiness.

@abobobilly @vickytulla @amjad636 @khaanthegr8

Guys my ride covered 250kms yet and since its quite hot these days and my route is long, I have got my oil changed from local honda mechanic...

The good thing about cg is its removable oil stainer, which acts just a reusable engine oil filter, it had quite a reasonable amount of metal shavings in it and was washed with patrol.

I want to know how can I check if it is genuine atlas honda engine oil or not?
    The bottle had crappy printing on it of cg125.. price was 380, he charged 400 in total.

Is there a way to tell difference btw fake and real oil?

Thanx.

PS:
    Id get oil changed again at 500kms I.A. and get my owners manual sign stamped.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Automotorsport_Lover ! There is no way to check for fake or original engine oil. Don't believe me? Watch that documentary of Iqrar-ul-Hassan of ARY. A thread was also made by a PakWheeler. Here it is: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...hasan-ary-news

So just buy from authorized retailers. As long as you are using Original AHL oil, i'd advise going to McLeod Road, Makhdoom Coporations, Green Autos & Auto Agency to buy 100% guaranteed original.

EDIT: "Filter House @ Montgomery Road" is also another great solution. Its kinda near McLoed Road. Check Google Maps.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I definitely am missing the comfort a lot! But at the same time sweet exhaust note and torquey engine is managing to compensate against it!

The front end of the bike is toooo light weight... handling, braking, vibrations and comfort level of junoon was far far more than this bike...! What a refine machine it was... too sad that dyl ruined it! Same is being done with Pak suzuki and maybe ravi too..

Honda promises less, but delivers... others promise more... but fail to deliver properly...

Theres just ONE thing good about this bike... Engine! Or u can also add sales and services... with 7500+ dealers across the nation.. the after sales is commendable by Honda.

All i can see is "Junoon" this and "Junoon" that in your posts.

Paa ji khush te ho na CG le ke.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post

Yes man seems like you're compromising an awful lot just for the dealerships :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations on getting CG .... Keep it detailed and keep people staring your bike
    Welcome to the club
    Detailing a day,Keeps the swirls away

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post

its similar to having a break up and then finding a new relationship
    yadein tou reh he jati hen naa!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Automotorsport brother best is to go to authorize or big dealer in your city
    mostly or hopefully big dealers i don't think would try to sale fake oils

brother there is one engine oil from local oils which has really impressed me
    i would suggest you to try this out in your CG too its Zic 20w40

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    brother there is one engine oil from local oils which has really impressed me
    i would suggest you to try this out in your CG too its Zic 20w40
    Zic is one of the SH*TTIEST oils in Pakistan. Its no different than using local AHL oil.

In this burning hot weather, it will BARELY last you 600kms in a CG125 before going COMPLETELY KAPUT and asking for an oil change.

Personally tried & tested.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best oil, I have ever used in my bike and noticed remarkable performance is Liqui Moly

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can only use genuine oil sir as otherwise my warranty would be void

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as I know... that's a marketing stunt.... There's no way your warranty would be removed if you buy oil from other brand... owner's manual me oil ratings di hui hain jab tak wo use ki jai it's fine... unke ilawa par I think warranty void hoti...

You won't read this anywhere on manual or warranty card that's use AHL oil only etc... it's just dealer generated rumors

PERSONAL OBSERVATION

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers